Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS2) Ace - City Of Angels

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 4,664  ·  Replies: 44 
> A question about RICE...
Tai-Mai-Shu
  Posted: Jan 15 2003, 08:12 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 187

Hm...

What do YOU define RICE as?

Yes, I know that the question is too broad. Even more of a reason why to ask.

Because nowindays , the import society has grown more in the direction to being "ANTI-RICE" and wanting everything performance but has a strong dislike in comestic bodykits and carbon fibre shift knobs. Sleeper is cool nowindays what i think.

I dunno..in my opinion i kinda think RICE started out as just being something put on your car to pose as something it's not. Like a GT-R badge on a civic or something. It's also about making your car UGLIER than what it is.

But's grown now to be having a nice bodykit and a cold air intake would be considered having a rice car.

It's kinda annoying when people as so stuck up against rice while they're too blind to see what's really going on.

What do you think?
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 08:31 PM

IDforum OG member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 141

i don't have a definition for a rice boy myself but... check this site biggrin.gif
Rice Boy Page
Perry
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 08:37 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

I define it as cars with LOUD exhaust, HUGE spoiler, TREMENDOUS amount of stickers, EXAGGERATELY lowering the body (1 mm before the body touching the ground), LOUD music (I hate those heavy bass sound when it drive pass by you).

That's all I can come up with for now.

smile.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
KenshinX
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 10:20 PM

Dark Hitokiri

Member No.: 186

I define them as super-tuned up cars.

Overly souped up to be exact. Such as having a huge spoiler, which is unneccesary and stuff like a huge exhaust and loud music blasting through, etc.

Basically, guys who spend a lot of time and money on making their car flashy and showy.

Initial Dick
Posted: Jan 15 2003, 10:42 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 171

I think .tainted's definition on that website gives a good indication of what is or isn't 'rice'.

It seems that cosmetically modifying your vehicle so that it looks like it could go fast is 'rice'.

Tuning the car's engine, suspension, wheels etc... to actually make it go fast is not 'rice'.

However, none of the things I mention above are written in stone. I believe that the term 'rice' is as fluid as what people within the racing community are prepared to use it for.
vtecstyl3z
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 12:03 AM

United States Marine Corps

Member No.: 4

rice-rocket all da way B*tch. period.
to anti-rice F**k you "knee-grow"(negro). blow me u fag. hahahah im just F**ken out of control..
Perry
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 12:45 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Stop swearing homie.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Indecisive
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 01:32 AM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

it's not rice it's KEV heh. Sorry..UK has burned that word into my vocab.

Like Initial Dick said I think it's really dependant on the crowd you're with. Like I disagree with wut KenshinX said it is. I don't think it's super-tuned cars but badly tuned cars.

like....if you've got the three stripes on your bimmer like on a track car but you're not using a track car that's rice.... but if you've got a CAI, Scorpion Exhaust and a M50 Engine and Transmission dropped into your E30 then that's far from rice...that's a performance car.

some people also say rice is stupid ass cosmetics. there are some things like huge spoilers that I consider rice but CF hood, a front splitter, HID, Angel Eyes...I think those are really cool cosmetic mods that aren't rice. but because HID and ANgel EYes are becomming more and more popular it's getting played out and then people start saying that's rice..but it's not true.

a Type-R sticker on your civic SiR and a ///M badge on your 318is is rice but lowering your car isn't(slamming maybe..but not lowering.)

that's wut I think.
vtecstyl3z
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 01:35 AM

United States Marine Corps

Member No.: 4

QUOTE (Perry @ Jan 15 2003, 06:43 PM)
Stop swearing homie.

vtecstyl3z:(radio) Roger that... laugh.gif rolleyes.gif
Alex
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 08:04 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

Basically, guys who spend a lot of time and money on making their car flashy and showy.

If your planning to have your car to be at car shows like that then i guess a flashy showy car is what the people want at a "show"

I hate it so much when i see cars lowered to the ground, big giant chrome rims, huge ass singe/double stack spoiler or aluminum spoiler, stickers of every company of every modification on the car. Basicly Street Drag cars are what i hate. "Oh my god, I'm going to be driving my coolio car real fast in a straight line soon! I've gotta make my car shit or they'll laugh at me!" Thats probably what ever drag racer says after he plans a race.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tai-Mai-Shu
  Posted: Jan 16 2003, 10:37 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 187

hm..well i've actually been to the rice-boy page long time ago. It's pretty funny, but thats how i was wondering at that time when all this rice buisness gone out of control.

I've been to many car boards...the 240sx forum..hondaswap.com..and zilvia.net

I remember once we had an arguement in 240sx forum because some guy showed the Signal Sil-80 Drifter X car and some guy called it rice. Pretty F**king stupid because he said the reason was because that car was covered with stickers.

We all know the potential of Drifter X. Somehow the trend on all these boards seem to be making their car more and more sleeper.

I hate Ricers. Thats all i gotta say. But if someone has a bodykit next to you, i'd say i wouldn't prejudice it as rice since something under the hood could rip you appart.

Jayson
Posted: Jan 16 2003, 09:26 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 32

There's a fine balance between a ricer and a racer. It's one think to put a body kit on and lower your car. Thats a common thing that most street racers do. But to lower it to .25 inches isn't going to help, and a HUGE wing isn't going to help anymore than a rear spoiler MADE to help performance, not just for looks. Even getting a loud exaust, some perfomance exausr SYSTEMS are louder, thats cool. But when you just buy the HUGE muffler and African-Americanize it onto your car, that is not cool.

We all like to make our cars look good, and putting on stickers from tuners isn't bad. If you were to go and have your engine and exaust tuned by some one, then hell yeah you can sport thier sticker, but if you just buy a shifter nob from nismo and you try sporting thier sticker on your slow as Civic, people start to wonder.

And then there's the whole Asian Characters on your car. If you drive a Mazda, go ahead and get that put on you back window, but if you drive a, lets say, Ford Mustang, for the love of God, please, PLEASE don't get Japanese writting on the back window, and say you have a rotary engine with pistons and headers, and say that you have a stock intercooler. Thats just PURE rice.

And then when you go down to the races and think you can beat a highly modded FC in a race just because you put a LOUD muffler on your GSR, thats just stupidity. You are not a RACER, you are a RICER. Your car is for SHOW, not RACING. RICE=SHOW, you want to show off your car, see how many women you can bring to the races, even if it's all your sisters friends who are only 13 sad.gif . What are you trying to do , get US in trouble mad.gif .

Wow, um, yeah, w00t??
Indecisive
Posted: Jan 17 2003, 02:53 AM

the deranged one

I'm against aftermarket stickers unless you're sponsored like mugen or spoon but I think mild factory stickers are okay.

like if you have BMW MOTORSPORTS on your front windshield that's totally fine.

as for spoilers..whoever thinks that you get real downforce from that is stupid. you'll get downforce but you have to go a lot faster than you can on the street. ai..*shakes head*...
Jayson
Posted: Jan 17 2003, 04:25 AM

Well, it does work, kinda, but your going to need a crazy ass angel on it
YourLocalSupahNewbie
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 06:05 AM

Unregistered

African-Americanize
LOL.

"knee-grow"(negro).
LOL.

I would think I'm a mix between ricer and racer. Sure I like the racing and stuff and all but reality is, racing is dangerous. While it may seem wussy of me at least I'll have 100% chance I won't crash while going 200mph cause I won't ever go 200mph unless I'm on those long highways to another state/province.

In the city, you barely go over 60 mph, who cares about speed? While sometimes it's good to have fun, it shouldn't be something people should be addicted to. Like most racers are seriously addicted and can't get enough of the races.

Ricers are......sorta weird I guess. Some make their car for the cars sake. Some make it for girls ( Vtec ). Some just want attention. But seriously, it depends on how much you put into it for what reason too.

Since there isn't a set standard to the term ricer in solid form. I don't think we can judge people as of yet.

Spam delicious? happy.gif
Alex
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 11:08 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

I'm against aftermarket stickers unless you're sponsored like mugen or spoon but I think mild factory stickers are okay.

A lot of people who own NX or Sparco seats with decorate their car with nothing but NX and Sparco stickers. that just pisses me off. When they are sponsored by them and have maybe one on each side of the car then thats fine. If they do that and arnt sponsored i guess thats ok. as long as they dont go crazy like i did with my skateboard and Santa Cruz Skateboard stickers.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Indecisive
Posted: Jan 20 2003, 10:31 PM

the deranged one

well..NX and Sparco are aftermarket stuff...even if you're using body kits or rims I probably wouldn't put their stickers on my car. unless it's like a factory aftermarket thing like M-technic(for bmw) or something like that.

my example wif the BMW MOTORSPORTS is different from that

cuz you're driving a bmw..so like...duh.haha.

mugen
  Posted: Jan 24 2003, 10:53 PM

Unregistered

AC Schnitzer is the only way to go with bmw's.
Hartge is good too.
tofu boy
Posted: Jan 25 2003, 01:23 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 55

Everyone has their own definition of rice but this is my little philosphy on cars and drivers

Going fast in a straight line requires a fast car, going fast i corners requires a fast driver.
Jayson
Posted: Jan 25 2003, 01:49 PM

QUOTE (tofu boy @ Jan 25 2003, 01:20 PM)

Going fast in a straight line requires a fast car, going fast i corners requires a fast driver.

no where have I heard that before..........

and WTH does that have to do with rice?
Indecisive
Posted: Jan 25 2003, 01:58 PM

the deranged one

QUOTE (mugen @ Jan 24 2003, 10:50 PM)
AC Schnitzer is the only way to go with bmw's.
Hartge is good too.

yup yup, can't go wrong with AC Schnitzer, Hartage and I like Racing Dynamics and Reiger too.

most riced cars can't go fast........a perfect example is the riced neon my friend and I were harassing and when we drove away the guy couldn't catch up....and I'm completely stock and my friend only has an exhaust.

I think there should be two categories for rice....

Rice and Performance Rice

Rice is all show no go(like that neon)
and performance rice is rice with power...

I got no respect for flash..but if you got power to go with that flash then you're alright in my books

Jayson
Posted: Jan 25 2003, 02:04 PM

We've seen a riced out Neon beat a Viper. That was hella cool. happy.gif
bunta_boi
Posted: Jan 25 2003, 05:56 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Member No.: 68

i think that somebody out there should start an 'Anti-Rice Gang (ARG)' and bust up any fast looking car that goes under 120hp. Make deals with the government and promise only legitimate illegal racing. Only REAL cars could race and get impounded. Not some Rice-Boy's mom's Civic DX. That would be cool.

mugen
  Posted: Jan 25 2003, 09:53 PM

Unregistered

Well you can give those ricers tickets. They actually have tickets you can order, fill out the offeneses with the check-boxes, it's hilarious.
Check out these 2 sites.

http://www.ricecop.com
http://www.riceboypage.com
GoFastLookSlow
Posted: Jan 25 2003, 10:29 PM

♪ don't say lazy ♪

Member No.: 86

Rice is an attitude... not necassarily a car. I wouldnt care if you had a 120HP Civic, a 1000HP Supra or a 1970 Chevelle SS 454, if you act like a ricer, ill treat you like one. Their ignorant attitudes and lack of knowlege are just some of the things i hate about ricers. Of course, theyre probably not packing a Chevelle or Supra, but it could happen. Their "mad tyte" attiude is ruining Japanese cars for me, and now people are turned away from them, thinking theyll be called rice. Rice isnt only jap... theres a lot of domestic rice. I remember a Mustang with Honda badges on it... literally, it said Honda, Ill try to find the pic later. Most stuff has been mentione, gigantic wheels, huge 5' exhaust tips, aluminum wings, distasteful or improper use of stickers, etc.What Im trying to get at, its not only a car, its also got a lot to do with attitude.

2 Pages  1 2