Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage DS1) Virginelle - Bye Bye Girl

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

25 Pages  « 21 22 23 24 25  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 54,041  ·  Replies: 603 
> Nor-Cal - for Friends/Players that enjoy the game, Up coming events, learning the game with out Drama.
Agent556
Posted: Dec 24 2011, 11:56 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,133

this thread seems to have glitched a bit, it has 23 pages yet only displays 22. lol.
dinnercoat
Posted: Jan 19 2012, 08:50 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,909

Does anyone know if the UC Davis ID6 stocks cards normally in their machine/s?

A friend and I are thinking of heading up this weekend from the bay area.
Agent556
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 02:09 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Well, if youre from the bay area youre likely better off getting a card at one of the golflands in the area. the machines at UC Davis are the JP version while the golfland machines are the export version. The cards don't work on the different versions.

Last I remember, they still had cards though
dinnercoat
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 10:22 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,909

QUOTE (Agent556 @ 8 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Well, if youre from the bay area youre likely better off getting a card at one of the golflands in the area. the machines at UC Davis are the JP version while the golfland machines are the export version. The cards don't work on the different versions.

Last I remember, they still had cards though

I wasn't aware any of the bay area golflands had received ID6 yet.

Though if Davis has JP and golflands will be using EXP we may just pass on the trip.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Jan 24 2012, 05:07 PM

Team Kenagi 4 life/ Team Amaya

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,643

yea kinda not worth it. i wouldnt.
Kylie_FD3S
Posted: Feb 11 2012, 08:09 PM

What goes around comes around...

Member No.: 7,601

Oh wow! A lot of new people. Man! I've been gone too long! haha... laugh.gif I miss this place. happy.gif
jwu122
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 06:08 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,365

QUOTE (-VIRUS- @ Jan 24 2012, 05:07 PM)
yea kinda not worth it. i wouldnt.

hey VIRUS can I join ur team?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1168 x 876. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 11:16 AM

wat course is that? and did u play at davis?
Agent556
Posted: Feb 25 2012, 08:07 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

thats tsubaki line, the last course before snow. judging from the times and names, yeah thats davis

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Feb 25 2012, 08:07 PM
jwu122
Posted: Feb 26 2012, 01:11 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (-VIRUS- @ Yesterday, 11:16 AM)
wat course is that? and did u play at davis?

tsubaki line@Davis, just went to the the Sunnyvale Golfland, they got the EXP version 1.0+C, upgraded from D4 machines, condition sucks, tons of stupid kids raping them, $1/round, 4-5 pro players their, met one so far.
AXEL*
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 12:13 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 35,261

QUOTE (jwu122 @ Yesterday, 1:11 AM)
tsubaki line@Davis, just went to the the Sunnyvale Golfland, they got the EXP version 1.0+C, upgraded from D4 machines, condition sucks, tons of stupid kids raping them, $1/round, 4-5 pro players their, met one so far.

sorry sir, but you are mistaken, the golflands only have exp 1.0, not 1.1+c so no akina snow or ft86 or gtr facepalm.gif

i play at sunnyvale golfland, work there for that matter. whats your card name and the card names of the "pros" you saw?
jwu122
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:35 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (AXEL* @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
sorry sir, but you are mistaken, the golflands only have exp 1.0, not 1.1+c so no akina snow or ft86 or gtr facepalm.gif

i play at sunnyvale golfland, work there for that matter. whats your card name and the card names of the "pros" you saw?

Oh u work there? Then why don't u get it updated to exp 2.0+c and have the team battle(TAG) available?
I only remember one guy named xj314 something like that, why I'm saying there were some pros was because I saw some fairly good records on the leader board.
jwu122
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:45 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (AXEL* @ 2 hours, 31 minutes ago)

I saw ur name on the board too, my names is 二B@J, just got my card opened, I used to play at Davis, the machine condition is WAY BETTER, and they got the JPN 1.1+C, yesterday was the first time I play at SGL, and it might be the last time except they have their machines updated.
AXEL*
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 10:39 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Tag battle is only available when there are 4 machines, not two. As for the upgrade, we have contacted the vendor where we got our kits from and have since gotten no reply. With machine condition, the machines are in fairly good condition given the amount they have been used and the fact that we have only recently had problems with our machines. If the machines were in such poor condition, why didnt you notify an employee so that we could see to it that it gets fixed?
jwu122
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 01:57 PM

Shmuck

QUOTE (AXEL* @ 3 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Tag battle is only available when there are 4 machines, not two. As for the upgrade, we have contacted the vendor where we got our kits from and have since gotten no reply. With machine condition, the machines are in fairly good condition given the amount they have been used and the fact that we have only recently had problems with our machines. If the machines were in such poor condition, why didnt you notify an employee so that we could see to it that it gets fixed?

tag battle can be set up with 2 machines, since 2 machines are connected to one server, I bet those two are not connected becasuse the leader board records doesn't even match, trust me, I have played IDS6 in Singapore, HK, and China which only have 2 machines, and their tag battle are available, no matter the machines are online or offline.

Again, I didn't mean to degrade SGL, but those players their can really play it with a bit more manner, instead of raping them.
Agent556
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 02:47 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Because our machines are offline, tag battle requires 4 machines otherwise the game disables the tag battle function. Our machines here are offline and likely will never be online unless sega is willing to set us up with online access. We will always require 4 (four) machines to do tag battle here because they never see online ever.

As for the machine rape, it's part of how the game plays. When learning the game, people usually tend to run rougher until they get used to the physics and start using less movements to exit corners faster.

Also, whenever the machines break, you should always tell an employee so that they know the machine needs work and will get on it when they can.

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Feb 27 2012, 02:48 PM
AXEL*
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 03:33 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (jwu122 @ 1 hour, 36 minutes ago)
tag battle can be set up with 2 machines, since 2 machines are connected to one server, I bet those two are not connected becasuse the leader board records doesn't even match, trust me, I have played IDS6 in Singapore, HK, and China which only have 2 machines, and their tag battle are available, no matter the machines are online or offline.

Again, I didn't mean to degrade SGL, but those players their can really play it with a bit more manner, instead of raping them.

i personally helped in the setup of the machines and tried on multiple occasions to get tag battle to work but unlike asia, like agent556 has stated, since the machines are offline, tag battle is impossible with 2 machines and if you want to tag battle that badly, your gonna have to make a trip down to west covina and hit round1, sorry. if you know how to set it up to tag battle, please come by tomorrow night to sunnyvale golfland, ill be working 430 til close and ill gladly let you show me how to set it up so we can tag battle with just 2 machines happy.gif
Varcion
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 05:44 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

The offline password command for updating doesnt work for EXP versions?
AXEL*
Posted: Feb 27 2012, 08:36 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

QUOTE (Varcion @ 2 hours, 51 minutes ago)
The offline password command for updating doesnt work for EXP versions?

tried all passwords and none work on our exp 1.0 cabs. everyone else has exp 1.1 cabs which are the same as japanese cabs
Themac
Posted: Feb 28 2012, 03:30 PM

Team Usagi

Member No.: 35,619

im so glad we have RHD type cabs, and ours are in the best condition ever. playing with " J " yesterday was pretty fun, gave me a reason to run some t/a again, its been awhile. BTW J your on ur way to be on Team Amaya. just gotta make some more contact with virus and then maybe we can all meet up and race or t/a with eachother. its good to keep a 2 runs per player line because it gives u enough to improve if u messed up on the last run, then give u some rest time haha. if u come out on mondays ill try to be there so we can practice. ill show u how to run some other courses etc.
-VIRUS-
Posted: Mar 1 2012, 08:28 AM

yea J well make an arrangement so that we can meet. sound good to ya???
Turbo 85
Posted: Mar 17 2012, 07:08 PM

Caucasian Usui God

Member No.: 2,131

Got a '52 akina on video this morning.
YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNtGheNWPdM&feature=youtu.be )

This post has been edited by Turbo 85 on Mar 17 2012, 08:12 PM
CPS_IV
Posted: Mar 20 2012, 05:36 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,466

Hello NorCal,

My name is Joe Flores, some may know me as Capsule or CPS_IV. I currently work for Milpitas Golfland(MGL) as Special Events Coordinator and am CEO of Capsule Entertainment.

Milpitas Golfland is planning to hold weekly or bi-weekly Initial D and Maximum Tune tournaments and would like some community feedback before we actually start these events. These events will be held on Wednesday nights during Arcade Mania from 6:00PM till closing. Normally Golfland closes at 10:00PM on Wednesday but as Special Events Coordinator I am able to keep the arcade open as long as needed for the events to finish(usually around 12:00 Midnight). An $8 Arcade Mania wristband will be required before entering any tournaments and entry will per game will be $5. Normal pot split is 1st place 70% / 2nd 20% / 3rd 10% but if a bracket does not reach 16 players or more the pot split might become 1st 80% / 2nd 20%.

I am personally unfamiliar with racing game tournaments so we at MGL would like to here from you the community as what to rules you would like to see for these events. If the NorCal racing game community doesn't already have a Facebook Group of its own I would be more than glad to help set one up to make communication easier for all of us. If you wish to contact me regarding these events please use the following contact information:

E-mail: cps_iv@yahoo.com
Facebook: facebook.com/cpsiv

Hope to hear from you all soon!
Wanderer
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 11:09 AM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

Aha, so this is where I belong. Fresh face greenhorn to IDA6 here. Which GolfLand is more busy with ID players, Sunnyvale or Milpitas?
-VIRUS-
Posted: Apr 1 2012, 07:04 PM

come on JJ wen r we going to go at it. Im waiting whistling.gif whistling.gif

25 Pages  « 21 22 23 24 25