Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost) 芹澤優 - JUNGLE FIRE feat. MOTSU

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

15 Pages  « 12 13 14 15  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 118,972  ·  Replies: 357 
> Political Discussion, Election is over, post rare policies

Who shall be King?
MAGA [ 13 ]  [68.42%]
Hilldawg [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Some third party bullshit [ 3 ]  [15.79%]
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 26 2017, 02:16 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

The thing about midterms is it's not about the President. It's not about who likes Trump--it's about the legislative branch. If they continue along the course they're going, there will be a lot of people not happy with them for telling them to fuck off.

A lot of those who are going to be disadvantaged by the plans the GOP majority has put forward are the very same people who voted for Trump because they got duped. So they can believe whatever they want about Trump, but all it takes is to see Congress betraying them and they might vote differently in the midterms.

We'll see, I guess. With any luck midterms will get Congress out of crazy-land and the remaining two years of Trump's presidency will go a little more smoothly.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Posted on May 26 2017, 08:18 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

at best if the legislative branches becomes sane again then it will curtail the lunatic's ideas and hopefully he learns something on how to govern a country.

This post has been edited by 207 on May 26 2017, 08:26 PM
xiao
Posted on May 28 2017, 02:43 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

It was recently brought to my attention that xiao some of the members on IDW are still uninformed as to how the US Government works.

So being the efficient handy dandy Captain Obvious I am, I decided to give a nutshell explanation followed by a video presentation of the system we the people, call Checks and Balances:

・ The Executive Branch - They pass laws & direct the Judicial branch.
・ The Legislative Branch - They make laws & star in C-SPAN.
・ The Judicial Branch - They're the cops & judges that carry out the Laws.
・ Press Secretary - Sweats bullets when reporters ask him Questions (sometimes hides in the bushes) fear2.gif

The power is always in the People's hands; and now that we know how the US Government works. This is how a Law gets passed into existence! sweatingbullets.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag )

SPOILER

This post has been edited by xiao on May 28 2017, 02:58 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted on May 28 2017, 06:55 PM

ShiMACHaze

I'm not sure what spurred that post to be generated (well, no, actually, I can guess), but I will point out that 'checks and balances' only really works if the branches are not colluding with one another and/or filled with a bunch of corrupt assholes.

Unfortunately, the present administration is basically exactly that. With luck, 2018 will correct that.
xiao
Posted on May 28 2017, 10:26 PM

moon bunny

xiao's not as smart as we think... laugh.gif I was re-thinking my stance on politics today when I was defending my view on an Anarchist society while having a picnic with my little cousin in the mall's promenade.

When I finished throwing my mumbo jumbo at a smart little 13 y/o's face... she simply replied: "xiao do you know how Checks & Balances works?" ohmy.gif

It had been approximately 18 years since I took Government in High School so naturally I lied & said YES! Now excuse me while I go to the car & go charge my non-existing flight drone...

The remainder resulted in my post above, and letting go of my tightly clenched belief in Anarchy, in favour of a more idealist concept of democracy. Or at least a Monarchy, cause even an ideal Anarchist country has more holes than a slice of Swiss Cheese ~ nice but not realistically viable! laugh.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=JM0_0pfm2_c )

This post has been edited by xiao on May 28 2017, 11:06 PM
Posted on Jun 11 2017, 07:01 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

do any of you remember hearing about the annoying orange show? i know people are calling trump orange as an insult or something to that affect. it just occurred to me to look up put the 2 together and got this vid from YT

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-yvVVye0ds )

in other news, he's still in deep shit but its likely more evidence that is needed to give him the boot. im not sure what his effect would be if he does have the cahones to testify and maybe tell the truth about it. its gonna be very adversarial testimony if he does testify. we'll see how this train wreck fares with the aftermath of the Comey testimony.
Master0fMadness
Posted on Sep 14 2017, 07:34 PM

Midnight Lover
Group Icon

Group: PONY FANATIC
Member No.: 46,279

So heads exploded on the conservative side when Trump cut a deal with Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi to not only reinstate DACA, but do it without adding his big pointless wall to the budget.

Had myself a giggle.
xiao
Posted on Dec 14 2017, 12:24 PM

moon bunny

So this girl got arrested & sent to prison for 2 years in Egypt by el-Sisi for making this music video ..

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=S2oAr-nWn-k )

I recently spoke with a pharmacist that came over from Egypt, and he was telling how retarded the government is & why he wanted to leave to a better country. I didn't think much of it, but seeing this girl & her MV director get arrested for making a sexy music video really put some insight on what he mentioned.
Nomake Wan
Posted on Dec 14 2017, 02:33 PM

ShiMACHaze

I'm afraid I'm confused as to how this is relevant to the discussion, especially enough to justify bring this thread back from the dead.
xiao
Posted on Dec 14 2017, 08:19 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 45 minutes ago)
I'm afraid I'm confused as to how this is relevant to the discussion, especially enough to justify bring this thread back from the dead.

My bad brotha ~ ohmy.gif

Just thought it was a bit relevant as far as international news go .. hopefully the internet pressures Egypt into releasing her. sad.gif
kyonpalm
  Posted on Sep 28 2018, 06:22 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

Let's talk Kavanaugh, 'cause why not.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 788 x 785. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted on Sep 30 2018, 05:02 PM

ShiMACHaze

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 795 x 996. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Lindsey Graham memes? Lindsey Graham memes. Oh, you wanted Brett memes instead? Okay.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTi3eBO_xPo )
Spaz
Posted on Oct 4 2018, 04:09 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

There's really nothing to talk about with Kavanaugh. He's an all-around piece of shit from every angle, whether we're talking morals, actions, political stances, etc. He's too far right and too corrupt to replace a swing seat.

Swing seats need to stay swing seats on the SCOTUS, period. Too much power on one side or the other is how shit goes downhill for all of us.
Posted on Oct 4 2018, 11:35 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

unless a few senators will have a change of heart, he's likely to get the seat facepalm.gif. from what i heard, the FBi investigation probably didnt hit all the notes to get to his character.
xiao
Posted on Oct 11 2018, 11:21 PM

moon bunny

I love you Kanye but you're crazy AF my dude .. and this is coming from me laugh.gif derp.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=A5UvELIBFcg )
Posted on Oct 12 2018, 11:22 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 2:21 AM)
I love you Kanye but you're crazy AF my dude .. and this is coming from me laugh.gif derp.gif

https://youtube.com/watch?v=A5UvELIBFcg

wait, so a crazy person was rambling on and on about random and various topics while the other person had to listen to it without a choice?? at least the other person knows what it feels like to listen to the mad ravings of a lunatic.

wait a second, which of the 2 there is the lunatic or are they both lunatics?? ermm2.gif

i dont like kanye's music at all but he's just as crazy as the guy sitting behind the desk.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 12 2018, 11:23 PM
Tessou
Posted on Oct 14 2018, 07:54 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

Look at the both of you, refusing to acknowledge any of the truths that Kanye was talking about.

I won't disagree that he was rambling, but god damn. Y'all really enjoy riding the bias the media feeds you. I watched it on CSPAN without any "extra credit" from bent media reactions.
Posted on Oct 14 2018, 09:04 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

sure, kanye is trying to talk about serious issues his community has faced for many years ie racism and other things that normally doesnt affect the white community. its good that he's raising that question but he's talking to the wrong person and kanye is also crazy in other ways.

i dont think the president isnt very concerned about the black community when its comes down to the crux of it, its only a good topic to talk about to have his voters' support. i find his past business deals rather.......questionable and even his current deals and those of his family to be equally questionable. he wants their support in the elections but thats it, i dont think he cares much about their 24/7 routine experiences. its all about money for him and by that it means his personal wealth, social issues only come into it if they can help him gain more wealth.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 14 2018, 09:06 PM
xiao
  Posted on Oct 15 2018, 05:08 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Look at the both of you, refusing to acknowledge any of the truths that Kanye was talking about.

I won't disagree that he was rambling, but god damn. Y'all really enjoy riding the bias the media feeds you. I watched it on CSPAN without any "extra credit" from bent media reactions.

Good point… I rescind my previous statement. Kanye, above all the media hoopla, does have a good heart with very valid ideas. online2long.gif user posted image
Tessou
Posted on Oct 15 2018, 10:39 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (207 @ Today, 1:04 AM)
sure, kanye is trying to talk about serious issues his community has faced for many years ie racism and other things that normally doesnt affect the white community. its good that he's raising that question but he's talking to the wrong person and kanye is also crazy in other ways.

i dont think the president isnt very concerned about the black community when its comes down to the crux of it...

Trump was talking about how to fix Chicago's extremely high crime rates in the weeks before Kanye even said he wanted to visit the WH. Kanye brought up "stop and frisk" because that was one of Trump's suggestions to the local police force.

Do you not read the news?
Posted on Oct 15 2018, 10:14 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 1:39 PM)
Trump was talking about how to fix Chicago's extremely high crime rates in the weeks before Kanye even said he wanted to visit the WH. Kanye brought up "stop and frisk" because that was one of Trump's suggestions to the local police force.

Do you not read the news?

yeah, and how do i have a hard time believing he cares about that high crime rate when he likely only sees it as a good talking point to drum up support? i dont believe a single word that comes out of his mouth, especially if he puts the "believe me" somewhere in the sentence. it tragic there's a high crime rate to begin with but trump is not one to seriously tackle it.
Tessou
Posted on Oct 21 2018, 12:33 AM

Group Icon

Trump has been decrying the rising crime rates since the 90s, though. He was a huge advocate for stop and frisk in NY, which is why he posited that it could potentially work in Chicago.

I think you're conflating Trump wanting empowered police as "tackling the problem" himself. That's not at all what he wants. If you actually take the time to read his serious statements and not just his bonkers tweets and CNN-edited quotes, you'd see that he wants pro-police governors in office. States' rights. It's almost as if he's doing exactly what he said he would do regarding crime as far back as 2000.

I don't even know why I'm writing this. You're too stubborn to discuss this without resorting to "well he tweets mean things and orange man bad".
Nomake Wan
Posted on Oct 21 2018, 10:38 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 12:33 AM)
If you actually take the time to read his serious statements and not just his bonkers tweets and CNN-edited quotes...

And therein lies the problem, Tessou. It's the same problem that had been there all along, all the way back when he was on the campaign trail. It's the same problem that I was forced to acknowledge after seeing the first debate, and that after recognizing I couldn't help but wonder why others--especially those who voted for him based on statements he made rather than some other reason--didn't see.

How do you separate 'serious' from 'bonkers'? Or put another way, how does one trust that what he says one moment (let's say a 'serious' moment) has any more merit than what he says another moment (let's say a 'bonkers' moment)? The man, all the way back on the campaign trail and still to this day, will just say whatever will get him the most applause out of his fans at rallies. If that happens to be "LGBT Representation," he'll say it and the crowd will go wild and he'll smile and then his administration will redefine gender to mean biological sex. If it happens to be that he'll release his tax returns when Hillary does hers and then she does then it'll be once the IRS is done but the IRS said he can release them whenever he wants so then it'll be once the race is over what do you mean you want to see my tax returns I'm the President that's not important.

Which are just two random examples. The man says whatever gets him ratings. He has always been in this for one person--himself. People saying he's in it for the bigotry are stupid. People saying he's in it because he's a genius are stupid. He's sitting in that chair because it's good for Trump, and he will continue to do what's good for Trump as long as he is there.
Posted on Oct 22 2018, 09:03 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Oct 21 2018, 01:38 PM)
And therein lies the problem, Tessou. It's the same problem that had been there all along, all the way back when he was on the campaign trail. It's the same problem that I was forced to acknowledge after seeing the first debate, and that after recognizing I couldn't help but wonder why others--especially those who voted for him based on statements he made rather than some other reason--didn't see.

How do you separate 'serious' from 'bonkers'? Or put another way, how does one trust that what he says one moment (let's say a 'serious' moment) has any more merit than what he says another moment (let's say a 'bonkers' moment)? The man, all the way back on the campaign trail and still to this day, will just say whatever will get him the most applause out of his fans at rallies. If that happens to be "LGBT Representation," he'll say it and the crowd will go wild and he'll smile and then his administration will redefine gender to mean biological sex. If it happens to be that he'll release his tax returns when Hillary does hers and then she does then it'll be once the IRS is done but the IRS said he can release them whenever he wants so then it'll be once the race is over what do you mean you want to see my tax returns I'm the President that's not important.

Which are just two random examples. The man says whatever gets him ratings. He has always been in this for one person--himself. People saying he's in it for the bigotry are stupid. People saying he's in it because he's a genius are stupid. He's sitting in that chair because it's good for Trump, and he will continue to do what's good for Trump as long as he is there.

thank you for explaining my crazily assembled sentiment in a rational way.

trump says many things but the actions that he backs them up with dont always match up to his words. he also has a habit of denying his very own words caught on tape/media a few days after when he decides to change his stance on a topic to be more politically appropriate for that particular time. he's very inconsistent to say the least. if you cant count on his past recorded words to match up to his new angle on the same topic you'll find it hard to believe which version is correct.

This post has been edited by 207 on Oct 22 2018, 09:12 PM
xiao
Posted on Oct 23 2018, 05:07 PM

moon bunny

★ It's not until you lose something that you realize how precious it actually was 😔 ..

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1080 x 669. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

15 Pages  « 12 13 14 15