Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Super Sonic Dance

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,528  ·  Replies: 147 
> [FANFIC] Touge Legends, Final finished edition
Taku_E70
Posted: Oct 11 2006, 12:08 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 6,100

Nice.. hehe thanks for the msg to remind me
Drew
  Posted: Oct 11 2006, 11:21 AM

Bought not Built

Member No.: 12,733

QUOTE (Midnight Dorifuta @ Yesterday at 10:19 PM)
Six cylinders? blink.gif

Don't you mean five?

Thanks, Dori.

It looked like 5 cylinders in the pic when I first glanced at it during the rewrite.
Rudy
Posted: Oct 11 2006, 12:50 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 11 2006, 03:46 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 14,568

Evo's got spanked again. Go Euro-Muscle! w00t2.gif
Drew
  Posted: Oct 12 2006, 03:39 PM

Bought not Built

OK, I just finished this last night...

-It's a photoshopped image of Dai's GDB, Satan B Machine.

Enjoy!

user posted image

It kind of sucks, but it's very low-quality (still wanted it to be kind of 56k friendly.)

This post has been edited by Turbo_Levin_13 on Oct 12 2006, 03:40 PM
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 13 2006, 01:41 AM

IDW Banned Member

well, it's definitely better than what I could do happy.gif
Drew
  Posted: Oct 13 2006, 04:01 PM

Bought not Built

Thanks, Fin_Toy.

OK, next chapter is up!

Remember what I said about the twins' last names?

Chapter 6: Not a Challenge?

It was already dusk, and the first two cars lined up for the first round. the RedSuns' Keisuke Takahashi in his hi-performance yellow rocket FD lined up against Seiji Iwaki and his fast-and-furious Lancer Evolution IV. As the young man looked over at the white race car, he spotted something different.

The car was a black Subaru WRX STi, GDB chassis code. The car itself was a stunning piece of machinery and all, obviously modified to the point of his own FD3S RX-7. He wasn't sure, but the man next to it had an aura that just sent a shiver down the man's spine.

"That aura," he thought, "I've only seen aura that strong twice before. The first being Takumi Fujiwara," and the second was his own genius brother, Ryousuke Takahashi. It has already been a good three months since he moved away to Tokyo. He and a legend of the Wangan racing scene, Tatsuya, AKA "Blackbird" have become famous as the two people who went against the Wangan's amazing Devil Z more than anyone else.

"I know that he will win against his opponent tonight," Keisuke thought, "If there is anyone faster than you, and I highly doubt it, please beat them so I can take you down in Akagi. Emperor is no longer a challenge for me. Even Takumi doesn't scare me as much as you, but what the hell is it about you that scares me so goddamn much?"

"Whoa, it's 7 already?" Dai thought, looking at his watch, "Kai should be in the next downhill run! I'd better get there, but I'll just wait for these two to start. Why the hell isn't Saito Nonaka running against Keisuke? I mean, what is so amazing about me that makes a local legend want to race me here, and not a member of Project D?"

"You ready, Kakashi?" Saito said, looking at the EK9 his brother drove. "Bro," Kakashi said to his twin, "I'm not going to use the nitrous. In my opinion, it's just cheap." "Are you sure?" Saito replied. "Yes," Kakashi said, "I'd actually like to take him on all the way through. You need it because it is a necessity." "No," Saito said, "Rika told me that when she worked at the shop, she'd seen the dyno results when they worked together, and the readouts were amazing. It was making 400 hp on minimal boost. Even if he's running at what she says is the theoretical top horsepower, he'd never be able to handle it on these roads. I'm gonna run dry, too. It makes the races less interesting for the bystanders, also. It's only if I'm really far behind."

A yellow Toyota Supra was waiting for the first race to start. The driver sat in the shadows of the woods. "How the hell could anyone make that much power?" the driver thought, listening to her iPod, "It doesn't make sense that he'd use it for a touge-style race course." Even though her iPod was at full-blast, playing some 80's British metal band, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, that stuff, she could feel the two cars coming up the hill. "It's them," she said.

Keisuke was barely breaking a sweat into the fifteenth hairpin. He was behind, while the white Evo IV was in front. "Shit!" Iwaki thought, "He's still on my ass! I keep inching closer and closer to the inside, but no ground is gained! What the hell is going on?!"

The FD was now making a move. "It ends now, Iwaki." Keisuke said, hitting the gas pedal, and cutting into the inside. "Shit!" Iwaki said, moving to the outside, "How the hell can he do that?!" "What, the hell?" Keisuke said, "There's that strong aura again!" The only difference was the bright yellow Toyota Supra he saw.

He could see the driver from a distance. She was pretty young, about the age of Takumi when he first met him. She had reddish-blond hair that was up in a ponytail. Her cold lavender eyes shot fear into him. She was wearing what appeared to be a baseball jersey. It had a heart-shaped symbol on it. She also wore a bandana the same color of her car around her neck. The aura that he felt from her was one that might've been better than his brother in his prime.

By the time the hairpin turn ended, Keisuke was the victor, and Iwaki was on the side smoking a cigarette, completely ashamed. The driver of the Supra saw a black WRX come up. "Why did it take Dai so long?" she thought.
"Hey, Rika!" the driver called out, pulling in next to the yellow 500 horsepower supercar, "They said that you had the best view in the house! What happened?"

"That Emperor guy over there was cut off by the younger Takahashi brother," Rika said, getting her Pocari Sweat from her car, "He's going to be my challenger when the next round comes around." "Good luck," Dai said, knowing that his chief mechanic would have a handful with the arrogant driver, "He is 'you-know-who's brother." The two stood in an awkward silence for a few, and then they both got into their cars to watch Kai beat some kid with an Altezza from Saitama named Nobuhiko.
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 13 2006, 05:14 PM

IDW Banned Member

I'm seeing things as double.. must be my sickness.. wacko.gif
RX-7FD3S
Posted: Oct 13 2006, 05:17 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,059

Remember in real life that the Re-Amemiya RX-7 is the "Touge Monster"
beating out the Amuse S2000 Aqua WRX MCR GTR Tuned 350z and numerous other cars. Don't make the 7 lose now!.
Taku_E70
Posted: Oct 13 2006, 05:41 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 6,100

Double possssssssssssssssssssssssssssst.

hehhe >=D.

Good Chapter
sileighty of Usui
Posted: Oct 13 2006, 06:44 PM

sil80 power

Member No.: 16,922

I just read all of them lol i was bored...

but man good stuff biggrin.gif Im glad you put mako and saiyuki in this

This post has been edited by sileighty of Usui on Oct 13 2006, 06:44 PM
Drew
  Posted: Oct 19 2006, 11:36 AM

Bought not Built

QUOTE (RX-7FD3S @ Oct 13 2006, 09:17 PM)
Remember in real life that the Re-Amemiya RX-7 is the "Touge Monster"
beating out the Amuse S2000 Aqua WRX MCR GTR Tuned 350z and numerous other cars. Don't make the 7 lose now!.

Oh, the real "Touge Monster" is coming...it will come.

Next chapter's up, foo!

Chapter 7: STi Versus Evolution

There was more riding on this race than pride and a trip to the next round. It was a proving ground for my skill. I already spent 6 months tuning, building, and testing my GDB Impreza STi on Iroha and any touge I could run on. I practiced with full 50/50 balance on the AWD system, and I slowly let more and more to the back. This allowed me to drift while still being able to accelerate. My chief mechanic and friend Rika Nonaka said that her cousin Saito had a few tricks in his LanEvo, from when she helped him tune his car to 405 brake horsepower.

"It's only a 5 horsepower difference," I thought to myself, "It won't matter on the turns. Haven't run an uphill run in a while, so here goes nothing." I went up to the race starter, along with my opponent. "Hey," I said, not showing any hate or negative energy towards my opponent, "Name's Daijyu Batuyonai." "I'm Saito Nonaka," he said, "Same here with you."

"Okay," the starter said, "We'll be running this at a drag-start, with the leading car going in first. If you don't get ahead of him, it's a tie, and we'll keep going ahead around the other side. If you fall behind too much, the other wins. Understand?" We both shook our heads. "Okay then!" the starter yelled, "Let's get ready for uphill battle #2!"

We got into our cars and started up. Due to my decreased power, no flames shot out of the back. We rolled to the line, and there was the starter, waiting for us. "OK!" he yelled, "The count starts at 5!"

The engines revved,"4!" the starter yelled. I looked at my guages for one last check, Oil OK, "3!" he yelled, dropping another finger. Gas OK, "2!" Alright, hold in the clutch, and rev it. "1!" Wait for it.......

"GO!" Jounouchi, the race starter, and my close friend yelled. We both rocketed off at high speed down to the first incline. "He popped the clutch," I said. "Is he really flooring it? This is not the machine I heard about from Rika." Even though the GDB had a faster burst out of the gate, I still held a lead. "OK," I said, "First corner; blind cut-in hairpin. He's probably gonna initiate a drift." I flew into the turn, hitting the brakes and causing everything to be thrown forward.

My left foot jumped from the clutch to the brake in a right-foot braking technique that I've practiced for so long that it became an instinct. As I swung out of the corner, we hit a severe incine. I could just see the GDB come out of the turn, back end flying out and back into shape. No matter how many times you see it, you wonder why the hell would you drift like that in an AWD?

The next hairpin assault went on like this for about seven more turns, with me putting more space betwen us, until the road leveled out for a bit, and the insane 90 degree S-curves through the small fish-processing plant property. I saw him one minute looking like he might've mistook some other road for the course, and then I didn't. "What the hell?" I said, "Did he turn into the plant?" The next thing I saw in my rear-view mirror was those two hellish foglamps shining through the building. "Holy shit!" I thought, "He, went through the garage?" The GDB then hit the curb, catching a small amount of air.

"Whoa," I thought, "That requires some crazy-ass driving maneuvers and a helluva good amount of luck to pull that stunt off. They usually shut the plant down an 9:30, so I guess that came into play with that move." We started back up the hill, on a gradual incline, running through a more twisty and dilapidated road. The only light here was from the road below us and the shrine ahead.

"Crap," I said inside as the WRX creeped closer and closer to my bumper, "He's gaining. How the hell is he gaining?!" That engine, I thought, would have enough tourque to push itself on the uphill like a monster, but instead it held back. Did the guy just not have a good practice, and was still familiarizing himself with the car? Or, did he just hold back to keep me guessing? All I kinew is that the next set of hairpins were coming.

I hadn't used the heel-toe technique in a race for two years, so this race was a large wake-up call for that technique. It was rough through the first uphill blast, but at the last turn, I seemed to get it. Right after that, there was a plant. There were two roads. One around the complex, and one that ran perpindicular to an open through-garage. "Should I do it?" I thought, worrying it might be a shut out garage, but I caught a reflectuion off of a mirror that showed Saito's Evo running around the corner, "Okay then, Here we go!" I braced myself as I ran through the building.

It didn't take more than three seconds to run through that garage. I swear, I was going so fast, that when my car ran the curb or ditch or whatever, I must've caught a good foot of air. "Oh shit!" I thought, bracing for impact. My machine came down with a thud on the grass, and then I swung the car back onto the road.

After the airborne jump, I regained composure and swung the car through the s-curves, gentle corners, and a few slow turns. I kept creeping up on the bumper of the Evo. "Okay, now I'm ready, Saito!" I said in my mind, "Let's dance; you and me! It's my turn for an offensive!"

"Well, they just passed me." I said to Andy on my cell, "I'm at the second flat s-curve. They're both running like bats out of hell, man!" "Hoo-rah," Andy said through the phone in his Marines-esque tone, "What about that GDB? Huh? Ya know?" "He's crazy as hell!" I replied, sitting on my VQ35DE-powered '80 Camaro Z28, "He ran through this garage at, I dunno, 150 mph! He's friggin nuts!"

"Yo, Steve-O!" Andy said, "You think that you can beat these sideways madmen?" "Dunno," I said, getting my cigarettes out of my fatigues, "Hey, if Ryousuke Takahashi invited me into this, I got a chance," I looked up the hill, "Us marines do have to stand their ground, here too. "Yeah" Andy said, "Semper Fi all the way! Hoo-rah!"
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 19 2006, 12:48 PM

IDW Banned Member

w00t2.gif sweeeeeeeeet! more more more!
EA11R
Posted: Oct 19 2006, 04:47 PM

coffee break anyone?

Member No.: 15,978

very nice indeed. i'm definitely subscribing to this. a few suggestions, though: maybe one or two characters should appear that haven't redone their car recently. and the large amount of characters is confusing me. either way, though, it is overall very well done.
Rudy
Posted: Oct 19 2006, 05:42 PM

Unregistered

Drew
  Posted: Oct 20 2006, 03:49 PM

Bought not Built

QUOTE (Midnight Dorifuta @ Yesterday at 8:42 PM)
Please, oh please, please tell me that Supra is a Mk. III.

For the love of God, please! T_T

Sorry Dori,

MK IV.

-but I am taking requests for the next round!

OK, next chap. is up! happy.gif

Chapter 8: Nitrous Oxide

"Only in a dire emergency," Rika told me, "should you use this. Never on turns, downhill or hairpins. Also, don't use it while you're out front." "Understood," I replied. "If Dai's going to be crazy enough to do what I think he'll do to his GDB, you're in for a rude awakening," she replied, as we looked at the two blue bottles in the trunk.

"Should I?" I thought frantically, "He's gaining on me at every turn! No! Only if he passes me before the hairpins." By now, our cars were side-by-side, both sneaking in and out of our blind spots in multiple attempts to pass or block. "This is just ridiculous. I mean, he's just toying with me!" I looked over my shoulder, but he was gone, "Wha-? Where'd he go?"

It was the third turn before the hairpins, so I decided to try a really risky move; the area was wider than others, allowing me to stay to one side, but the hairpin turns were only wide enough for one car each, so the only feasible option was to not use the foot brake, but instead use the handbrake to pass him. My headlights were already off, and I'd have to use my foglamps to navigate these three turns.

"Here we go!" I switched the lights to the foglamps, and then I made my move. I made sure that the race was during complete darkness. Normally, I'd never touch the handbrake, but this was the only occasion. I'd stay just to the right side of the road to see what was lit, and after memorizing the turns, I hit the lights and finished it.

I could feel the wheels hitting dirt, and I swore that sometimes I'd see a tree in front of me, but I kept going. When driving the Audi in winter, I'd use the handbrake to slide down Iroha at an easier pace. This allowed me to build up a handbrake control that I thought wasn't possible.

"One more turn!" I yelled, "It's almost over!" I hit the clutch, and slowed the car, and then released it, drifting through the turn without brake lights. Then, I threw on my lights, just to surprise my opponent.

"Where is he?" I thought, and then I saw those lights turn on, "N-NO F***ING WAY! HE'S GODDAMN CRAZY!" He used the handbrake to navigate the last three turns, allowing him to pass me in complete darkness. Those yellow foglamps also played a part in this, too! "He's way beyond my skill, but I can't lose, dammit!"

The hairpins showed Dai gaining more ground on me. "I'm gonna have to use it," I said in defeat, "If I do use it, I'm gonna have to take on more powerful drivers, and fall faster and land harder than I will now. Still, there may be a chance! I must use it!" I hit a button the right of my wheel, causing me to become slammed into my seat. The distance started to slowly shorten.

"Still not enough!" I yelled, "Time for the 100-shot!" I pushed down on the left button, with "100-shot\ *DANGER*" under it. "GO, MY LANEVO! RUN LIKE NEVER BEFORE!!" The force back was so violent that I begun to black out. I never noticed that the other bottle didn't finish emptying. All of a sudden, an explosion louder than I ever heard came from the engine. I looked in my rear-view mirror, and I saw sparks fly. By this time, I passed the GDB, but now I started falling back. "Nooooooooooo!" I said, "My LanEvo! I am so sorry, my love!" I pulled over to the side, and did something that I hadn't done since my father died; I bawled my eyes out.

Unfortunately, my brother was defeated by Takumi in the next race. I was there, saying things like, "I lost too, bro; we gotta stick together; dad would've always had wanted us to keep on going." We basically were both demolished, but I am glad to say that we both raced two of the greatest racers, ever. That's right; ever.
sileighty of Usui
Posted: Oct 20 2006, 04:49 PM

sil80 power

wow very good stuff man smile.gif
Tofuboi
Posted: Oct 21 2006, 01:29 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 7,759

Yeah this is great stuff! Keep it up! smile.gif
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 10:24 AM

IDW Banned Member

so you're taking requests for next round, eh? in that case..

Toyota Starlet KP60 '80 with supercharged 4-AGE, and preferably red. it weights only 700kg stock, so it would be pretty nasty surprise.. shifty2.gif

This post has been edited by FinToy-83 on Oct 22 2006, 10:24 AM
Drew
  Posted: Oct 22 2006, 12:17 PM

Bought not Built

QUOTE (FinToy-83 @ Today at 1:24 PM)
so you're taking requests for next round, eh? in that case..

Toyota Starlet KP60 '80 with supercharged 4-AGE, and preferably red. it weights only 700kg stock, so it would be pretty nasty surprise.. shifty2.gif

OK, I'll consider it Fin-Toy

Next chapter's ready!

Chapter 9: Itsuki, the Speedstars' Downhill Killer

I finally got in at around 1 AM on Sunday. I had to leave on Saturday after my win, and drive straight home through snow and sleet. "Why the hell is it so cold?!" I thought, looking at the snow-covered landscape. I now had three weeks off before round two at an American military base in Okinawa. I was to take on some guy named Lieutennant Steve O. Lopez. I really didn't care, so I decided to sleep in. "Dunno if Iketani won, though."

It was eleven-o-clock AM when I got up. I had off due to a freak snowdrift blocking the trucks from getting out of the yard. They said that it would take a day or two to clean up. I then decided to go and see everyone at the gas station.

"Yo, Kenji!" I said to my friend as he drove carefully to the station in his 180SX. "What's up!" he yelled back, pulling into the station. "So," he said to me, "Iketani apparently demolished another seasoned vet in the Uphill Junker S13! Who was it?" "Oh, just some guy driving a Z32 from Tokyo," I said with a smug attitude. "I saw it online!" Itsuki said, running out of the station, "He passed that Fairlady on the same turn that Iwaki lost to Keisuke on! Akina is finally getting its respect in uphill and downhill!"

About a half-hour after Kenji pulled in, Takumi and his crazy 86 drove in. "TAKUMI!" Itsuki said, "IT'S AWESOME! AKINA'S 86 IS NOW A TRULY AWESOME MACHINE!" "It wasn't?" Takumi replied, kind of confused. "No, it was awesome before, but now its amzaing!" Itsuki said with joy, "My 85 has been going through a metamorphasis of its own, too!" He ran into the garage, and drove out what appeared to be a shadow with the wildest gold-mesh rims, and TRD widebody kit. "TAA-DAA!" he yelled, "IT'S NOW THE DOWNHILL KILLER!" "Downhill What?" we all yelled.

The hood on Itsuki's car was popped open, and you could now see the beefy SR20DE sitting in the engine bay where a puny little SOHC engine once resided. "It was from a wrecked S13 Silvia," he said, "After you left and when your dad didn't have a tofu delivery boy on the days of a Project D race, he'd call me and I'd come and run my 85 up and down the hill. He'd also ask me to run when he didn't feel like it-" "-It was pretty often, I'd guess," Takumi chimed in.

"Yeah, so I started delivering more than usual after Takumi's God Arm battle and when Project D revised his 86." Itsuki continued, "I'd get paid to run the uphill, and he'd give me advice on what I was doing wrong. After about six months, I gained enough experience to master the drifting thechniques that I saw Takumi pull off in his early days. Now, I can drift in the snow like a madman! It's awesome!"

"Did my dad do all of this to your 85?" Takumi asked his long-time friend. "Some of it, yes," Itsuki said, "He tuned the suspension like he tuned your 86. For everything else, I worked overtime any time I could until I could afford the parts, or at least junked parts off of wrecked racers; it looked like crap! No panel matched, and the bodykit was still raw urethane, so I decided to repaint the entire car!"

"It's wild, Itsuki," I said, "Maybe when the weather warms up like they're predicting for next week, the ice'll thaw and the roads will be great to run on." "Yeah!" Itsuki said, "The Speedstars are officialy back from the verge of average driving!" "I guess you guys won't guess what happened to me!" Kenji said. "What?" We all asked him. "I got a girlfriend!" We all were now in disbelief, jaws hanging down near the floor.
FinToy-83
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 12:33 PM

IDW Banned Member

w00t2.gif sweet! keep going with the good work!
Tofuboi
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 01:45 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 7,759

LOL Go kenji go! finally! biggrin.gif
Rudy
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 05:17 PM

Unregistered

sileighty of Usui
Posted: Oct 22 2006, 06:46 PM

sil80 power

Lol nice the speedstars are moving up...
Drew
  Posted: Oct 24 2006, 02:38 PM

Bought not Built

QUOTE (Midnight Dorifuta @ Oct 22 2006, 08:17 PM)
Hehe.

-thinks about how fanboyish you are over the SR20, and giggles-

(Or at the least, how many characters of yours switched over to SR)

I just love Nissan's stout and pristine powerplants

SR20-Awesome

RB26(When not in fat and ugly GTR)-b-e-a-utiful.

VQ35-New, but still awesome

Signal Auto Forever!

Mad K Kousuke Kida RULEZ!

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 »