Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Wheels Of Fire

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

75 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 158,026  ·  Replies: 1,871 
> Formula 1
M|st
Posted: Oct 16 2005, 11:05 PM

Red Wings Suck

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11,041

lol yeah i saw that and i was like 'wtf are u thinking'
akishiro
Posted: Oct 19 2005, 11:21 PM

I'm Malaysian... so?

Member No.: 5,670

Following in the traditions of crazy wacky F1 team celebrations, the engineer's at Renault's dyno room number 8 came up with this to celebrate their double whammy in Formula 1.

torrent

rapidshare

This post has been edited by akishiro on Oct 19 2005, 11:50 PM
Blazing Bullet
Posted: Oct 25 2005, 10:33 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,899

LOL omg they have too much free time on their hands......... shouldnt they be making their v8s about now?
Godarm
Posted: Dec 13 2005, 05:02 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 8,684

F1 info (just to add)
http://www.allf1.info/title.php
randomdriver
Posted: Dec 27 2005, 02:12 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 4,015

Ah, i'll restart this thread, even though i come on this forum maybe three times a year..... laugh.gif

So yes, 2006 formula one should be quite interesting.

I personally think the alonso announcement can be taken two ways, which way remains to be seen depending on the contracts of montoya and kimi. If either has already signed an agreement, i think it's a smart move to announce Alonso in order to show that McLaren has thought about the future and is clearly geared for championships. If neither have signed anything though, i think ron dennis is just being an idiot and jepardizing his 2006 season with drivers who know at least one will get the boot.

For 2006, i really hope toyota pulls its act together. They field a competitve car... but not really. It's top mid-field at best, but not truly competitive. And a truly competitive car is what i want for trulli. laugh.gif

Drivers

But in all honesty, jarno is the driver i want to win the championship. His finesse and style behind the wheel and his incredible pace shows he has the potential. Winning monaco last year was a brilliant feat at one of the most technical tracks. If only he can learn to better adapt his style to cars that don't immediately suit his driving, he'd be a consistant winner.

As an asian, i'm disappointed to see the only asian on the grid got the boot, but then again he just hasn't shown he has what it takes to succeed. His racing in '04 was breathtaking with his overtakes, but in '05 he was just plain reckless. In all likelihood, he'll get the driver for super aguri. I hope he gets his act together and gets a good car in '07. since they'll most likely be racing off-the-pace arrows for the beginning of '06. I'd lvoe to see him consistantly beat button.

Button, how i loathe his style of business. First he wants out of bar, then he wants out of williams. If i were in charge, i'd just kick him off, and watch as no top pace team wants to risk money on this contract slipster. Here's another area i like about trulli. =) He keeps his word, such as when he agreed to transfer to toyota before he signed any contract. I hope button is left in the dry for '06.

Michael, i think he still has the fight in him. but i can sort of see '06 as his last year. he's made enough to retire on. =) "just enough" hahah. but i wish him all the best.

Teams

BAR - I hope rubens shows the master that he is and outclasses button. =) and i hope that davidson gets to race. button.... forget it.

McLaren - I hope Kimi and JPM have great seasons. the MP4-21 will hopefully show McLaren's great design team's work as with the Mp4-20

Toyota - I really hope they become more efficient and really get on the ball. Hopefuly they can field a car to help Trulli win the championship, thought I must admit it's a long shot.

BMW - I hope Heidfeld is able to show his abilities.
EA99
Posted: Dec 27 2005, 02:29 AM

woo happyface

Member No.: 5,162

wahahha dats long! i agree with the toyota part.. but they arent as competitive as they should be... well because they are relatively a "new" team, and even so they are still did pretty well this year for what they have. Also i agree Trulli better own sum guys for us biggrin.gif and whhhat!? Alonso is going to mclaren?
randomdriver
Posted: Dec 27 2005, 04:13 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 4,015

QUOTE (EA99 @ Today at 2:23 AM)
wahahha dats long! i agree with the toyota part.. but they arent as competitive as they should be... well because they are relatively a "new" team, and even so they are still did pretty well this year for what they have. Also i agree Trulli better own sum guys for us biggrin.gif and whhhat!? Alonso is going to mclaren?

yep. they announced it recently that ron dennis' mclaren team signed alonso for 2007. so someone either leaves or gets booted at mclaren, and a race seat opens up at renault, if renault stays in f1, after the 2006 season.
EA99
Posted: Dec 27 2005, 05:16 AM

woo happyface

HOLY CRAP? Alonson + Kimi = GG! though i bet michael still has some fight in him!!
InitialN00b
Posted: Dec 27 2005, 10:14 PM

Squiggly Line Analyst and Driver ass-kicker

Member No.: 3,709

QUOTE (randomdriver @ Yesterday at 6:06 AM)
A
Drivers

But in all honesty, jarno is the driver i want to win the championship. His finesse and style behind the wheel and his incredible pace shows he has the potential. Winning monaco last year was a brilliant feat at one of the most technical tracks. If only he can learn to better adapt his style to cars that don't immediately suit his driving, he'd be a consistant winner.

As an asian, i'm disappointed to see the only asian on the grid got the boot, but then again he just hasn't shown he has what it takes to succeed. His racing in '04 was breathtaking with his overtakes, but in '05 he was just plain reckless. In all likelihood, he'll get the driver for super aguri. I hope he gets his act together and gets a good car in '07. since they'll most likely be racing off-the-pace arrows for the beginning of '06. I'd lvoe to see him consistantly beat button.

Button, how i loathe his style of business. First he wants out of bar, then he wants out of williams. If i were in charge, i'd just kick him off, and watch as no top pace team wants to risk money on this contract slipster. Here's another area i like about trulli. =) He keeps his word, such as when he agreed to transfer to toyota before he signed any contract. I hope button is left in the dry for '06.

Michael, i think he still has the fight in him. but i can sort of see '06 as his last year. he's made enough to retire on. =) "just enough" hahah. but i wish him all the best.

Teams

BAR - I hope rubens shows the master that he is and outclasses button. =) and i hope that davidson gets to race. button.... forget it.

McLaren - I hope Kimi and JPM have great seasons. the MP4-21 will hopefully show McLaren's great design team's work as with the Mp4-20

Toyota - I really hope they become more efficient and really get on the ball. Hopefuly they can field a car to help Trulli win the championship, thought I must admit it's a long shot.

BMW - I hope Heidfeld is able to show his abilities.

Trulli never had consistent on the edge race-pace. qualifying he's one of the top in the current crop, but during the race he's never been brilliant. This isn't new either. Even during his kart years he was like that. Monaco was a rare win resulting from a Ferrari screwup. If you want a counter example, look at Magny Cours 2004.

I don't think Kimi will be around McLaren come 07. From a budget point of view, I doubt the team has the cash to support two WDC-calibre drivers. Alonso bolting seems to me Briatore tipped him off that Renault won't be around after 06. It's no secret that Carlos Groshn isn't a huge fan of F1, and Renault in spain at least reported a decline of sales from Feb to Nov in 05 (amidst the alonso hype)

The seat at Renault isn't open. Kovalainen is lined up for it next. they also have Lopez and DiGrassi coming up thru their development program, so Renault's seats are pretty much covered for a long time even if htey do remain.

If Ferrari doesn't perform to fight for wins this year, MS will leave for sure. The contract of the fab three (todt, brawn and byrne) all expire at the end of 06, so I see no reason for MS to stick around and build ANOTHER Ferrari team 10 years after he's built his first one.

RBR should be one to watch after mid-year next season. With the addition of Newey, they should be in position to fight for podiums IMO.

d3v
Posted: Jan 24 2006, 09:49 PM

DFV! The engine of champions!

Member No.: 5,296

New car launch pics.
(photos c/o motorsport.com)

Toyota TF 106

Ferrari 248 F1

Mclaren MP4-21 in interim orange livery.

and the BMW Sauber F1.06 during their team launch in Valencia.

[EDIT]
Shots of the Red Bull Racing RB2 during it's shakedown back in december.
Day 1
Day 2

[n]*NEW*[/b]
Honda RA106 launch (official site).

as well as pics (for those interested) of Schloß Schumacher under construction.
[/EDIT]

This post has been edited by d3v on Jan 25 2006, 05:08 PM
Burlap_Sack
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 02:54 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 2,849

No one is talking about Williams. They have the Cosworth engines, who have had v8 experience with the Champ Car engine, but as long the chassis is good.

Williams could surprise, as long as the chassis is good.
d3v
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 04:02 AM

Williams hasn't released anything yet and is kinda staying under the radar in terms of news.
InitialN00b
Posted: Jan 26 2006, 09:36 PM

Squiggly Line Analyst and Driver ass-kicker

Member No.: 3,709

QUOTE (Burlap_Sack @ Yesterday at 6:54 AM)
No one is talking about Williams. They have the Cosworth engines, who have had v8 experience with the Champ Car engine, but as long the chassis is good.

Williams could surprise, as long as the chassis is good.

As opposed to Toyotas and Hondas who have no V8 experience? (nor MB for that matter? laugh.gif )

Cosworth alone aint' going to bring SFW back from midpack to battling for podiums.
d3v
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 12:51 AM

Interesting point in that MBs F1 engines are actually designed and built by Ilmor who I believe also does MB and Honda's Champ Car engines.

This post has been edited by d3v on Jan 27 2006, 12:58 AM
Burlap_Sack
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 06:20 AM

IDW Jr. Member

QUOTE (d3v @ Yesterday at 6:51 PM)
Interesting point in that MBs F1 engines are actually designed and built by Ilmor who I believe also does MB and Honda's Champ Car engines.

IRL. But no matter. What I'm saying is that Cosworth have the most experience in designing and building successful v8 engines, close to the current regulations. And I did say that the chassis has to be good...

Back to MB on the other hand...

user posted image

This is Kimi Raikkonen after just a handful of laps, during testing, with a rev-limit.... crying2.gif crying2.gif

Edit: This is what the Williams is going to look like:

user posted image

This post has been edited by Burlap_Sack on Jan 27 2006, 06:25 AM
d3v
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 06:26 AM

However, Cosworth doesn't have as much financial clout these days as it used to since Ford sold it off.
Burlap_Sack
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 07:02 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Almost forgot, Super Aguri F1 has been accepted by the FIA to be the 11th team in F1. Takuma Sato is rumoured to be the lead driver. Oh dear.....unsure.gif

http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=108188

This post has been edited by Burlap_Sack on Jan 27 2006, 07:04 AM
EA99
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 08:59 AM

woo happyface

lol takuma sato is an awesome driver!! i think he gets techniques from tsuchiya... remember the UBER LATE BRAKING... though its bad when hes behind people laugh.gif
d3v
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 05:01 PM

Takuma has the skillz, what he needs is better temperament throughout the race.

Anyway Williams FW28 launch pix. Interestingly enough, while they'rs Cosworth powered, they've got sponsorship from Indian auto manufacturer Tata. Also note the huge blank space on the sidepods that is just begging for a major sponsor.

This post has been edited by d3v on Jan 27 2006, 05:19 PM
Burlap_Sack
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 07:41 PM

IDW Jr. Member

The blank sidepod on the Williams could be for this:

user posted image
EA99
Posted: Jan 27 2006, 10:50 PM

woo happyface

lol shouldnt it be 1 end positive, the other end negative? laugh.gif
d3v
Posted: Jan 28 2006, 01:52 AM

Does that mean they're gonna run on the power of positive thinking?
Burlap_Sack
Posted: Jan 31 2006, 09:25 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Renault have launched their car last night and it looks like this:

user posted image

Other than the sidepods, it's livery and styling by deja vu....

Here are the launch pics: http://www.f1racing.net/en/gallery.php?catID=1920

This post has been edited by Burlap_Sack on Jan 31 2006, 09:26 PM
d3v
Posted: Feb 1 2006, 04:17 AM

Beat me too it, anyway, here's the corresponding article from Motorsport.com as well as pictures.

R26 is an evolution of last years car w/ the main difference being the sidepods (no more gills), meaning it should be just as reliable as the R25, the only thing that's still up in the air is the engine. w/c for the first time btw. is conencted to a 7-speed titanium gearbox.

This post has been edited by d3v on Feb 1 2006, 05:05 AM
Burlap_Sack
Posted: Feb 3 2006, 05:10 AM

IDW Jr. Member

This is the MF1 (nee Midland, Jordan) M16 with Tiago Monteiro and Christjian Albers the drivers:

user posted image

The gallery is in here: http://www.f1racing.net/en/gallery.php?catID=1921

75 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »