Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing SaGa - -MADOKA- (English Version)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

9 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 54,896  ·  Replies: 222 
> Lonely_Driver's BP5 Legacy, Haulin' groceries at Now at 15psi!!
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Nov 12 2011, 09:09 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 38,019

Hey guys thought I would start a thread for my legacy. I've had it for over a year now, unfortunetly I lost alot of pictures, its been rear ended once, have pictures of all the repairs somewhere... oh well here it is!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

goon squad:

Engine:
-COBB Accessport Stage 2 Tune
-GroupA Pitch Stopper Mount
-Group N Engine Mounts
-COBB SF Intake
-Process West TMIC
-AVO Turbo Inlet
-Custom TGV Deletes
-STi Catless Up Pipe
-Invidia Catless Downpipe
-Turbo XS 3" unresonated mid/y pipe
-STi Genome Axleback Mufflers

Drivetrain:
-Spec Dual Mass LW Flywheel
-Spec Stage2+ Clutch
-Group N Transmission Mount
-Group N Transmission Crossmember Bushings
-Group N Rear Shifter Stay Bushing
-Kartboy Shifter Bushings
-Subaru Extra-S Gear Oil

Suspension:
-JDM Rev A Bilsteins and Springs
-Kartboy Front and Rear Sway Bar End links
-Energy Suspension Front Sway Bar bushings
-Whiteline 20mm Rear adjustable sway bar and bushings

Brakes:
-Stoptech pads and Cryo rotors
-Techna Fit Steel Braided Brake lines
-Grimmspeed Master Cylinder Brace
-ATE Superblue Fluid

Wheels:
-Winter / Dunlop Graspic DS-2 215/50/R17 On Stock rims
-Summer /BFG Sport-Comp2's 215/45/R18 on Spec B rims

Exterior:
-Debadge
-Tint[s]
-Diode Dynamics 4300K HID low beam with modified Projectors
-Nokya Yellow Fog light bulbs
-Valenti Full LED Tail lights
-Full Exterior lighting LED Conversion
-Rally Armour UR flaps
-JDM 2.0GT Sports Grille
-JDM Front and rear Spats
-Ebay Front lip

Interior:
-Prodrive Shift Knob
-Red LED bulbs in everything (bow chicka wow wow)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 683 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 480. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 768. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Apr 6 2016, 05:51 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Jardim
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 09:19 AM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

Sleeper wagon right there, nice car man
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Nov 12 2011, 04:12 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Super awesome car, looks really clean! If you didn't say that it was rear ended then I wouldn't have known! You should be proud of you car, it looks nice and I like it! happy.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Nov 12 2011, 04:34 PM

IDW Supremo Member

thanks guys, spent 3 hours detailing the interior yesterday.

The one good side of being single is that my car is always squeaky clean now laugh.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Nov 19 2011, 09:24 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Sorry no new updates for a while. Bought a Timing belt kit off a member on LegacyGT.com 2 weeks ago but have not had any contact with the seller so I have the file a paypal dispute mad.gif

Finally figured out the route I want to go with this car. After flogging it around in the snow these past couple days (we have 20cm already biggrin.gif) I've decided that I want to keep it for a long run.

So Stock I make 250bhp, I am honestly content with it, only issues I have is boost dropping off in high RPMS and slow spool up so i'm shooting for 240whp and fast spool up.

Engine is nearing 150,000km so i'm ready to dump alot of maintenance in it. Planned I have is new OEM injectors, MAF sensor, IAT sensor, AVCS oil control valves and IM gaskets, and I guess it wont hurt to put in a new thermostat and PCV valve. Coilpacks and new OEM plugs will be put in as well.

As for performance looking already have a COBB SF intake that I can install and will be buying a AVO turbo inlet and TMIC

Turbo wise I want to run a port and polished VF46 off of a 2007-2009 Legacy GT. Turbo is about the same size as my stock VF40 but has greater mid-range and reliability.

Going to put in new OEM 2007 Legacy GT Clutch and Flywheel, my 05 flywheel is a dual mass compared to the 07 which is single mass, 11lbs saved right there. the 07 OEM clutch is good for 305whp and longevity is great.

As for exhaust i'll be getting a CNT catless downpipe and get a custom 3" midpipe back to my mufflers.

Suspension wise I know I want Bilstein HD shocks, As for springs I may just keep them stock as I like the ride height. Unless I can find some OEM JDM wagon springs which are slightly lower and stiffer. Whiteline sways front and rear too. Oh and every bushing possible.

Thats my plan for now and i'm sticking too it. I just bought a new computer so i'm planning to be a hermit for a long time so I can reach my goals for this car happy.gif

Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 3 2011, 01:09 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Need some opignions.

Decided that i'll be keeping my rims, they are small I know but I'll throw on a 225 tire and it should give me the extra grip ive been looking for.

As for colour, they arent exactly pretty. its hard to see in this picture but they sorta flip to goldish beige hue in the sun. My idea is to paint them a very bright silver, close to white with posibly a blue pearl.

I've decided that i'll be painting my brakes a very deep violet, I think that should suit the car.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 768 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Bubs
Posted: Dec 4 2011, 08:42 AM

Plep

Member No.: 1,079

With the car being blue, virtually any color choice for the wheels would work well - Looking forward to seeing what you do!

You should check out DirtyImpreza and introduce yourself! Those guys have a love for all Subarus - and the "Wagon Mafia" there will be very pleased. wink2.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 4 2011, 09:59 AM

IDW Supremo Member

I dont think I can keep track of another forum lol

Thanks though I'm trying to have everything done before a road trip to the Rockies next summer!
MattW
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 10:21 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

If only it was the flat six model.

Finish blacking out the bottom portion of the taillights, it looks awkward with that little bit in the middle.
Boost1995
Posted: Dec 7 2011, 08:45 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 31,272

I agree beautiful ride. I love a well put together wagon!

This post has been edited by Boost1995 on Dec 7 2011, 08:46 AM
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 8 2011, 06:56 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (MattW @ Dec 6 2011, 10:21 PM)
If only it was the flat six model.

Finish blacking out the bottom portion of the taillights, it looks awkward with that little bit in the middle.

Why would I want the flat six model? Less power, more weight and if I ever wanted to make more power I would be screwed!!

I only tinted the amber portion of my tailamps.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 8 2011, 06:57 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Boost1995 @ Yesterday, 8:45 AM)
I agree beautiful ride. I love a well put together wagon!

Thank you, its going to be a fun project I cant wait until the summer biggrin.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 11 2011, 01:08 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Maintenance time!

user posted image

user posted image
MattW
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 06:31 PM

VOLVO For Life.

Member No.: 23,273

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ Dec 8 2011, 09:56 PM)
Why would I want the flat six model? Less power, more weight and if I ever wanted to make more power I would be screwed!!

I only tinted the amber portion of my tailamps.

because they sound 3 billion times better.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 11 2011, 07:24 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (MattW @ 53 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
because they sound 3 billion times better.

they sound like any newer V6
Sensation!
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 01:12 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Any common problems plague these cars? anything i should look out for? I'm playing with the idea of picking up an 05+ GT model as a daily.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 25 2011, 07:48 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 6 hours, 35 minutes ago)
Any common problems plague these cars? anything i should look out for? I'm playing with the idea of picking up an 05+ GT model as a daily.

blown turbos are the biggest one, rough idle issues due to dirty injectors.

Get used to the transmission whine if you're buying a manual.
Spaz
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 07:59 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Get a low mile one and use good oil (Rotella T6), you should be able to keep the turbo going for some time. They are still wear items so don't expect it to last forever.

Of course, once it goes you can toss on a bastard 20G and have some real fun.
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 09:01 AM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

Everyone told me the Garrett on my work truck (98 F-550) would never make it to 250k, at 300k (when the Co. went out of buisiness) she was still spooling strong. Anything that can survive 10,000+ rpm and 1000+ deg F for 300,000 miles dosen't seem to qualify as a wear item. smile.gif
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 25 2011, 09:27 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Spaz @ 1 hour, 28 minutes ago)
Get a low mile one and use good oil (Rotella T6), you should be able to keep the turbo going for some time. They are still wear items so don't expect it to last forever.

Of course, once it goes you can toss on a bastard 20G and have some real fun.

actually first thing you should do when you buy one earlier then late 2007 is to remove the banjo bolt filter like I have.

Yes run Rotella T6 with short intervals and I always let her idle for a few min to let the turbo cool down before shutting her off. Not really needed on a Subaru due to the second coolant resevoir tank that gravity feeds through the turbo but it gives me piece of mind.
MetalMan777
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 01:07 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

QUOTE (Lonely_Driver @ 3 hours, 40 minutes ago)
Not really needed on a Subaru due to the second coolant resevoir tank that gravity feeds through the turbo but it gives me piece of mind.

That's a nifty feature. Another thing you could do is install an oil accumulator. Sure you'll have to wait a bit for the engine to build pressure on initial startup, but it'll feed oil through the turbo for a little while after you shut the engine off.
Steve
Posted: Dec 25 2011, 01:13 PM

IDW Saiyan

Member No.: 1,205

Why have I never been here? I love Scubby wagons! It's looking clean man. Keep it up!
Meteor
Posted: Dec 26 2011, 06:52 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

You've heard it more than once but: that's a very clean looking car you have. You're taking very good care of that Legacy. Also, I like what you've done with it and the stuff you've got planned for it sounds good too.

I'm normally indifferent about wagons, but that's because I don't see impressive ones like this around where I live and because I don't know much about the really good ones. And even without the mods yours would have still impressed me. It's a nice looking car that runs well, has decent performance and seems like its fun to both drive or ride around in. And it looks even nicer because of how clean you're keeping it. I'll be looking forward to seeing how this project comes along.

By the way, what are mid-pipes and down-pipes? What I know about exhaust systems is really just little more than "ideally they throw out exhaust gases really fast so the engine can quickly draw in fresh air", "fluids flow faster when having to squeeze through a smaller space (but flow with less volume so exhausts have to strike a balance)" and "there's this thing called vascular friction".
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 26 2011, 12:16 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Cactus @ Yesterday, 1:07 PM)
That's a nifty feature. Another thing you could do is install an oil accumulator. Sure you'll have to wait a bit for the engine to build pressure on initial startup, but it'll feed oil through the turbo for a little while after you shut the engine off.

not really worth it, with an aftermarket turbo and oil feed line it will outlast the car anyways.
Lonely_Driver
  Posted: Dec 26 2011, 12:17 PM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Steve @ Yesterday, 1:13 PM)
Why have I never been here? I love Scubby wagons! It's looking clean man. Keep it up!

Thanks dude! I try my best to keep her clean laugh.gif

9 Pages  1 2 3 »