Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Extasy In My Dream

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,117  ·  Replies: 52 
> Does your local arcade have annoying kids?, Annoying kid drivers~ I hate them!!!
Kelvin
  Posted: May 23 2007, 06:08 PM

!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 24,344

They come in groups, usually with a lackey as their leader.

They inserted coins, and acted like pros, they try to do the MGS, and OMG! They almost broke the shifter~

They open the "accept challengers"

When someone approach them to insert coins and challenged them, they quickly disabled the "accept challengers," OMG~

Swear... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

This post has been edited by Kyishi on May 23 2007, 06:10 PM
icedagger
Posted: May 23 2007, 06:15 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

I'm used to that kind of thing.

It's much worse when they mess with your view change and start buttons.
zippo729
Posted: May 23 2007, 06:25 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 22,645

if somebody did that to me (mess w/ the buttons), i'd probly jump out of my seat and go after one of them.

stuff like that REALLY pisses me off.

the accept to refuse challengers doesn't bother me as much, unless they act big and bad and then wuss out when you walk up.

i've done something kinda like that. like, on bunta or a good TA, you've got accept challengers on in the beginning in case your TA sucks and you want a challenge.

if the TA ends up being good, sometimes i just leave it on so i don't get distracted, but if someone walks up, and i don't wanna race 'em so i can see what my time is, i'll turn it off.

i don't think that's quite the same thing as what you're talkin about cuz if i get done w/ the TA or bunta and they wanna race, i'll race them.
matt
Posted: May 23 2007, 08:09 PM

Team Drift Speed/ Trueno Force

Member No.: 11,652

QUOTE (Kyishi @ Today at 6:08 PM)
They come in groups, usually with a lackey as their leader.

They inserted coins, and acted like pros, they try to do the MGS, and OMG! They almost broke the shifter~

They open the "accept challengers"

When someone approach them to insert coins and challenged them, they quickly disabled the "accept challengers," OMG~

Swear... mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

Dude! I know wut ur feeling! I have those same exact kids! lol
feint_se3p
Posted: May 23 2007, 10:02 PM

I need a job!!

Member No.: 23,398

We just have little 6 year olds that try to play. Its pretty funny actually when we have to shift for them haha
ChaosAngel
Posted: May 23 2007, 10:57 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

Since im in Aus, it costs $2 to play one game, so its handy to have $2 coins when going to vs kids like these, pretend ur fascinated in their driving n then quickly put in the 2 bucks in the machine before they know whats happening n walla u got urself a noob race XD
Boob*
Posted: May 24 2007, 12:57 AM

R.I.P My Evo III

Member No.: 17,176

I strike fear into little kids and they stay away... hehe

BTW nice sig ChaosAngel... I love FFX more than ID
Kelvin
  Posted: May 24 2007, 02:39 AM

!

Arcades should restrict inidviduals under 18 from driving simulated cars... lol laugh.gif
BDDEE@
Posted: May 24 2007, 02:42 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

that would be stupid since a arcades target market is teenagers and young children, restricting it to 18+ would make them go out of business
Kelvin
  Posted: May 24 2007, 02:51 AM

!

QUOTE (W7F@! @ Today at 2:42 AM)
that would be stupid since a arcades target market is teenagers and young children, restricting it to 18+ would make them go out of business

You have your point there,

How about PG-13? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jezza
Posted: May 24 2007, 03:13 AM

IDW Jap-a-neeze Member

Member No.: 20,278

QUOTE (Kyishi @ Today at 2:39 AM)
Arcades should restrict inidviduals under 18 from driving simulated cars... lol laugh.gif

*ahem* *ahem*

not all ppz under 18 are n00bs xD

and some under 13's aint either xD
?wha?
Posted: May 24 2007, 03:40 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Member No.: 5,914

haha in hong kong there is an age limit of 16 years old TO THE DAY. they have signs out the front saying if you were born after XX/XX/XX then you are not allowed in. anyone found under this age will be reported to police. Eck, and they update it every day too

feint_se3p
Posted: May 24 2007, 04:38 AM

I need a job!!

Member No.: 23,398

QUOTE (?wha? @ Today at 5:40 AM)
haha in hong kong there is an age limit of 16 years old TO THE DAY. they have signs out the front saying if you were born after XX/XX/XX then you are not allowed in. anyone found under this age will be reported to police. Eck, and they update it every day too

WOW.... thats insane, but I can see why though. The demographic for arcades over there is older than over here right??
kazahana
Posted: May 24 2007, 04:49 AM

IDW's Resident Yoyoer

Member No.: 21,778

O rly?
HKS is not 18
shock.gif
Kelvin
  Posted: May 24 2007, 05:15 AM

!

i am not 18 either... shifty2.gif

so what do you propose we do with those kids? dry.gif
icedagger
Posted: May 24 2007, 05:55 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Well this one kid was weird... He was with his parents, and he was too short to reach the pedals, so he sat on his dad's lap and had his dad step on the gas for him.

He beat Itsuke and Kenji. But he lost to Shingo...

And then he started crying about it. That's the first time I've ever seen anything like that. Not really that annoying, but it was a little distracting.
Kelvin
  Posted: May 24 2007, 06:00 AM

!

QUOTE (icedagger @ Today at 5:55 AM)
Well this one kid was weird... He was with his parents, and he was too short to reach the pedals, so he sat on his dad's lap and had his dad step on the gas for him.

He beat Itsuke and Kenji. But he lost to Shingo...

And then he started crying about it. That's the first time I've ever seen anything like that. Not really that annoying, but it was a little distracting.

Wow~

Now that is something I never see... w00t2.gif
prismadiluce
Posted: May 24 2007, 06:43 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 16,434

Well, this one was rather annoying. If I remember it right, I mentioned this story in some part of this forum. Anyway here goes:

I was driving my friend's stock 86t for tuning points. It only had 5,000+ tuning points at that time. Some *bad ass* kid challenged me. Somehow, I was confident in beating him, but it surprised me when he took me to Tsuchisaka Outbound Wet.... I almost became a fish to his Evo VI (or V?). So battle begins with boost on (he never depressed the brakes).

Now the annoying part kicks in. He literally shouts aloud his every move, from shifting gears to executing the [incorrect] turns. He ends up smacking in the wall, and I passed him. Now he and his companion make more noise as they try to catch me. I was almost distracted in maintaining the 86t's line due to their annoying behavior. In the end, I won. whistling.gif

Now comes revenge. They were shocked to their seats when I played Bunta Challenge. Now that was the relief I had. grin2.gif
brian_infinispirit
Posted: May 24 2007, 07:47 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

there aren't really too many annoying kids for me based on experience... they may act kinda silly sometimes such as when they hog the machine (reminds me of a parent who spoils his children so much to the point that they occupied both ID machines and would hog them for an hour or two >__<), but i can tolerate that...

the one thing i hate is that when kids tend to ruin your run by pressing the "view change" button or turning on "accepting challengers" (esp. them muslim idiots in v-mall when the machines were still around), usually instead of frowning, i just use 4 muscles in my middle finger, which i extend, to flip them off.... XD
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted: May 24 2007, 07:49 AM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

Does my local arcade have an annoying kid? I'm 100% sure it does. In fact... I think I am said person. tongue.gif
xeoreg
Posted: May 24 2007, 01:43 PM

Mmmm....Koda Kumi =)

Member No.: 15,581

QUOTE (?wha? @ Today at 3:40 AM)

hahah yeah it's actually kinda good, no annoying kiddies around.

you're not allowed to wear school uniform either, if I remember correctly.
AzNMaVbOi
Posted: May 24 2007, 01:54 PM

I never asked for this...

Member No.: 15,854

QUOTE (Kyishi @ Today at 3:39 AM)

That's fine with me. My local arcade is located inside a University anyway where most of the students are 18 years of age or older. So at least one arcade wouldn't go out of business.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tomo
Posted: May 24 2007, 02:32 PM

Retired old man

Member No.: 9,983

wtf arcade DOESN'T have annoying kids?
ChaosAngel
Posted: May 24 2007, 10:46 PM

IDW Spartan #6

Member No.: 22,883

QUOTE (?wha? @ Today at 3:40 AM)

yea thats so gay, but i've managed to get into some arcades, some arcades have like security at the door checking IDs lolz

@boob

thanx happy.gif

This post has been edited by ChaosAngel on May 24 2007, 10:46 PM
Kelvin
  Posted: May 24 2007, 11:52 PM

!

QUOTE (AzNMaVbOi @ Today at 1:54 PM)
That's fine with me. My local arcade is located inside a University anyway where most of the students are 18 years of age or older. So at least one arcade wouldn't go out of business.

That is f*****g awesome!

I wish my college would establish an arcade... dry.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3