Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Gamble Rumble

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

25 Pages  « 20 21 22 23 24 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 105,439  ·  Replies: 613 
> Initial D anime licensed by Funimation, Funimation to re-dub all stages
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Feb 10 2011, 06:19 AM

Move it, bucko

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,311

No, they're just thinpak cases in a cardboard case (which is what Funimation usually has). Third Stage did have a slipcover though.
Slade
Posted: Feb 10 2011, 09:33 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 3,304

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Yesterday, 8:40 PM)
No idea. The series has apparently done well so I'd hope they look into it.

I sure hope so cuz then it would be the whole thing.It wouldnt make sense to just stop here and call it a day.
Josh
Posted: Feb 10 2011, 12:20 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 557

It feels quite nice to finally have a complete and high quality transfer version of Initial D in my possession, 1st-4th Stage. Almost never thought the day would come. The dub...isn't perfect, sure. But it's a helluva lot better than what we got the first time...
Slade
Posted: Feb 11 2011, 11:03 AM

IDW Supremo Member

^Agreed,way better then what we got before.

Oh another thing I noticed was around episode 7 of 2nd stage they use the Voice actors for the InitialD intermission.
wolf4537
Posted: Feb 13 2011, 12:16 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 35,314

I've never seen 2nd stage before now, but I REALLY like it. Honestly though, I think Stage 1 is better. Funimation did a GREAT job though if you ask me.
Slade
Posted: Apr 5 2011, 12:34 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Any word on if Funimation is goinga release the Battle Stages and 2nd extra stage yet? unsure.gif
ZeetherKID77
Posted: Apr 5 2011, 03:25 PM

Move it, bucko

QUOTE (Slade @ 2 hours, 50 minutes ago)
Any word on if Funimation is goinga release the Battle Stages and 2nd extra stage yet? unsure.gif

Nope, nothing. There are some cons coming up where they will have announcements, but I don't know if they will get them.
Inmate77
Posted: Apr 5 2011, 05:48 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 1,681

I think I'm going to wait until Funimation releases a box set with the complete series, whenever that may be. I don't like waiting for only a few episodes at a time. Still better than Tokyopop's version and I'm glad they licensed it.

This post has been edited by Inmate77 on Apr 5 2011, 06:00 PM
takumizim
Posted: Apr 5 2011, 07:15 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 37,186

Yup i agree!,so it will give us satisfied smile.gif
Slade
Posted: Apr 6 2011, 11:25 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (ZeetherKID77 @ Yesterday, 4:25 PM)
Nope, nothing. There are some cons coming up where they will have announcements, but I don't know if they will get them.

Well I hope they do,that way it comes full circle,be kinda pointless to say theyre done now and just forget about the Battle Stages and 2nd extra stage.

I mean theyre even using the Battle Stage 1 music for the 1st Stage trailers.
zer0c123
Posted: Apr 16 2011, 10:24 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 4,331

I just finished stages 1,2, 3 and 4 on netflix and they're not too bad. I watched the japanese version and the cantonese dub years ago, so I ended up fast forwarding several parts of this english dub. Therefore, I didn't watch every second of it. I did notice they used a different music track in ep 26 of 1st stage. It's the scene where Takumi uses the gutter technique to catch up to Ryosuke.
Slade
Posted: Apr 17 2011, 08:53 AM

IDW Supremo Member

They also changed the music when Takumi is arriving to race Ryosuke,but I mean thats minor stuff right there.

Com on Funimation release the Battle Stages and Extra Stage 2 please.gif
takumizim
Posted: Apr 17 2011, 10:37 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 37,186

Yup,this is piss of naah never mine,But the most important thing i want the graphic like stage 3,it looks cool and aggressive.
agustin9
Posted: May 15 2011, 10:11 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 16,308

I'm having problem with the bath scene in the uncut extra stage 2. It looks all pixelated. Anyone else?
Slade
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:05 AM

IDW Supremo Member

No mines working fine,anyone else have it?
Tessou
Posted: May 18 2011, 07:49 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Are you watching the DVD or did you obtain it through illicit means? Pirated shit is never top quality.

If you're seeing aliasing or pixelation on the DVD, try running it on a different player and see if the problem persists. Sometimes my tv/dvd combo screws up the image, and all I have to do is rewind whatever scene it garbled and try again for it to correct itself. If you're running it on a computer, sometimes background processes can hang up the computer for a moment and cause incidental problems, which means you probably just have to go back to the scene in question and play it again.

If it persists and it's not a hardware issue, you've got a faulty DVD and should replace it. FUNimation isn't going to refund or exhange it, and unless you have a receipt, the store you bought it from won't do jack either. You're just going to fork over money again. That's life sometimes.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
ZeetherKID77
Posted: May 18 2011, 03:35 PM

Move it, bucko

You may be able to replace the disc by contacting Funimation.
agustin9
Posted: May 19 2011, 08:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 16,308

Ok, thanks! Any news of the battle stages coming out?
Slade
Posted: May 20 2011, 06:36 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (agustin9 @ 9 hours, 37 minutes ago)
Ok, thanks! Any news of the battle stages coming out?

I wish but no news yet crying2.gif

It would be nice tho...
Tessou
Posted: May 20 2011, 01:03 PM

Group Icon

I don't see FUNimation ever releasing the Battle Stages. They wouldn't sell.
Import_Lexus
Posted: May 20 2011, 09:22 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 22,550

I hope they atleast release Extra Stage 2 happy.gif
Slade
Posted: May 21 2011, 08:02 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 2:03 PM)
I don't see FUNimation ever releasing the Battle Stages. They wouldn't sell.

Say it aint so crying2.gif

I can get the battle stages,but the problem is theyre really bad knock offs and the quality is super bad.

Im hoping Funimation will release em with the next extra stage,I mean why even do the 1st Extra stage,they could of easily left it out.
Tessou
Posted: May 30 2011, 06:26 PM

Group Icon

They did it because they bought the licensing that Tokyopop already had, on top of Third and Fourth stages. Since Tokyopop's license agreement included Extra Stage already, Funimation simply inherited it.

Considering that Extra Stage 2 and the Battle Stages are pretty much a waste of resources from a marketing perspective, I don't see them making it stateside. They'd have to sell Extra Stage 2 as a standalone release, which would never take off since there's very little interest in the "side project" that is Extra Stage, only for Initial D as a whole. If they were going to do it, they'd have released it packed in with Fourth Stage Part 2.

I'm happy that we got Third and Fourth stages, after so many years of bullcrap. Don't get me wrong, the Tokyopop releases were GREAT if you were looking for a good quality JP 5.1 audio mix, but that's it. And then they just crapped out and never released Third Stage even though they had the license (and apparently even dubbed it). I honestly think their handling of Initial D was what spurred Kodansha to drop them. Funimation being a company that strives to leave their series' as un-bastardized as possible, they're a very good match for Initial D.

But the market is the market, and the US demographic just wouldn't buy in to a standalone Extra Stage and/or Battle Stage release. There's no money to be made since it would sell poorly if at all. That's just how things work sometimes. I'm sure there are diehard fans within the industry that would love to license and release things like that, but if the company has no chance of getting a decent return from the investment, there's absolutely no way it will happen.

Now, if Fifth Stage happens to get announced, and people get amped for it stateside, Funimation might just license and release everything they missed in preparation for the new series, as they'd most definitely license Fifth Stage for stateside release.
Slade
Posted: Jun 11 2011, 03:36 PM

IDW Supremo Member

That what I was just thinkin if Funimation would do something like that if 5th Stage was announced.

I think that would be sweet.
wangzp
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:07 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,584

YES! FINALLY! ID WILL BE FIXED

25 Pages  « 20 21 22 23 24 »