Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (WMMT3 OST) Get Down To The Drive

Automotive Section Rules
ā€¢ Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
ā€¢ When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
ā€¢ Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
ā€¢ Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

Ā» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

113 Pages  « 108 109 110 111 112 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 211,884  ·  Replies: 2,806 
> The "What should i buy" thread, Because choosing yourself can be hard.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 18 2015, 09:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

That he's driving essentially a brand new car already that he JUST got and is trying to buy a BRAND SPANKING NEW sports car shows that he's irresponsible as it is. If he doesn't listen then he never will. Just stand idly by and watch as he puts himself into debt then wrecks the car a month or so later.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 12:59 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

Tell him to get a car that doesn't look like Ryu & Ken did 39 shoryuken combos on it before calling it the New 'Stang... like the 2003 Mustang, now that was a pretty car~ XD

Actually, all ditzy asthetic arguments aside. Lend him your 4th Stage DVD's. If we're lucky, we can turn him into a fan. And that's the good thing about being a car-weeb... for better or worse, depending on how we look at it; you won't find a single anime fan driving a high-end Mustang this side of the Pacific. (I know I know... Itashas don't count! XD)

Before I got into Initial D, I had fantasies of owning a silver Lambo... my tastes did a full 180. Now I see Lambos, heck even the sweet mother-Countach, and I'm like... mehh, even if I had the dosh, I'd rather just boat a BRZ to Star Road Tokyo, have em spiffy it up with stainless steel sprockets, techno tachs, & Gundam sounds... and end up driving a much more practical Pulstar~

Anyway, if we successfully get him into Initial D, that'll at least open his noggin' to cars that don't rely on their horsepower to make 'em cool~ At best he'll forget about the 2016 Mustang, paint his Honda yellow, and understeer his FF into a whoopie cushion==33 At worst, he'll spend 100,000 usd on an NSX and fly off the edge of a rainbow.

Solution, in my opinion, get him into Inital D... watch as he throws away his hot-rod magazines for Best Motoring DVD's, then maybe pick up a few tips & tricks on how to drive a car with feather~like throttle'ing and precise but smooth & rhythmic steering. I saw an old video back at Tremek of a rally driver in an Alfa going horizontal on a non-dirt squiggly at a relatively fast speed; the man had his hands at 4 and 8 his entire time, driving that red clunker like a lullaby! awesome.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 05:03 AM

ShiMACHaze

I actually really like the new Mustang. If I were in a financial position to do so I would totally get the EcoBoost. I mean, the car looks more like a 240Z than the 370Z does... and the engine is a Mazda turbocharged 4-banger, which means it's the spiritual successor to the engine in my current car. Proof that Ford and Mazda still give each other handies under the table.
RalliKai
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 05:58 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

If only Mazda had kidnapped some of the Ford designers when they parted ways. I agree about the 370Z design. Actually prefer the 350. What I still hope for with Nissan is they abandon the bigger NA engine for a smaller displacement turbo V6 in their next Z.

If your friend simply won't listen then I'm sure as others have said, becoming broke may shake that.
Seri
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 06:39 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

I want them to do something amazing for 50 years but it'll probably be some dumb 370Z package.

Personally I really like the Z31 design. After the original 240z of course. tongue.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 08:14 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Today, 1:41 AM)
Just stand idly by and watch as he puts himself into debt then wrecks the car a month or so later.

Sounds awfully familiar!
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 09:39 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ 2 hours, 55 minutes ago)
Personally I really like the Z31 design.

Yes, yes, and... absolutely yes! Have a buddy that was playing eeny/meeny with a 300ZX and an E31... and wound up buying the Z after his honeymoon with the Transporter movies wore off. It also helped that that's when I got him into Eva; and for the price of buying/flying a used Alpine + fixing it up to Misato spec, he was like, 'ferk that! I'd just rather get a ZX and pretty it up with the extra cash.'

I don't know brothaz~ I mean I love the power Mustangs have, but I like mine to look a bit more angular. When the El Paso Cop Department switched the incognito 2003 Mustangs they park on the freeway to catch speeders, for the 2010 model, I was a bit sad... I'd grown accustomed to rofl'ing at watching midnight blue '03 Mustangs catch Corvettes & Audis on the interstate. XD

But yeah, that's what Initial D does to ya~ totally gives you a hard-on for 90's car styling. If he's a true Brah, he'll get a nice little Miata~ c'mon Bro...... let's kiss. biggrin.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 10:24 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Looking up insurance quotes for a car I've been considering (secret for now).

user posted image

Not half bad.
Spaz
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 10:47 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,193

The new Mustang is actually a fantastic car. Since the start of the Ecoboost program, Ford has really found their groove, but not just in smaller boosted engines. They are flat out KILLING the game right now. I've been passed lap times at NCM under the table for both the RS and the GT350R, and holy hell, both are fast and impressive. I also have RS times from Grattan which were even more telling. The new GT is most likely following suit, considering the Prototype car Ford has been fielding in IMSA is 70% production car (read: 70% Ford GT).
sushiyummy32
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 04:32 PM

DotA Kiwi

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,824

QUOTE (xiao_la @ Yesterday, 9:59 PM)
Tell him to get a car that doesn't look like Ryu & Ken did 39 shoryuken combos on it before calling it the New 'Stang... like the 2003 Mustang, now that was a pretty car~ XD

Actually, all ditzy asthetic arguments aside. Lend him your 4th Stage DVD's. If we're lucky, we can turn him into a fan. And that's the good thing about being a car-weeb... for better or worse, depending on how we look at it; you won't find a single anime fan driving a high-end Mustang this side of the Pacific. (I know I know... Itashas don't count! XD)

Before I got into Initial D, I had fantasies of owning a silver Lambo... my tastes did a full 180. Now I see Lambos, heck even the sweet mother-Countach, and I'm like... mehh, even if I had the dosh, I'd rather just boat a BRZ to Star Road Tokyo, have em spiffy it up with stainless steel sprockets, techno tachs, & Gundam sounds... and end up driving a much more practical Pulstar~

Anyway, if we successfully get him into Initial D, that'll at least open his noggin' to cars that don't rely on their horsepower to make 'em cool~ At best he'll forget about the 2016 Mustang, paint his Honda yellow, and understeer his FF into a whoopie cushion==33 At worst, he'll spend 100,000 usd on an NSX and fly off the edge of a rainbow.

Solution, in my opinion, get him into Inital D... watch as he throws away his hot-rod magazines for Best Motoring DVD's, then maybe pick up a few tips & tricks on how to drive a car with feather~like throttle'ing and precise but smooth & rhythmic steering. I saw an old video back at Tremek of a rally driver in an Alfa going horizontal on a non-dirt squiggly at a relatively fast speed; the man had his hands at 4 and 8 his entire time, driving that red clunker like a lullaby! awesome.gif

Wat happens when 2015 r35?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 04:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (xiao_la @ 7 hours, 11 minutes ago)
When the El Paso Cop Department switched the incognito 2003 Mustangs they park on the freeway to catch speeders, for the 2010 model, I was a bit sad...

No, no, no. I'm not talking about the 2010 model. I'm talking about the current model, the one with the EcoBoost option. It looks like a classic Z and I absolutely love that. Plus I'm addicted to boost so having a turbo I can fiddle with is just too good. laugh2.gif
xiao
Posted: Nov 19 2015, 06:14 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (sushiyummy32)
Wat happens when 2015 r35?

J' cool.gif

QUOTE (Nomake Wan)
No, no, no. I'm not talking about the 2010 model. I'm talking about the current model, the one with the EcoBoost option. It looks like a classic Z and I absolutely love that. Plus I'm addicted to boost so having a turbo I can fiddle with is just too good. laugh2.gif

Ohhh, you mean this one...

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 700 x 395. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

But you saw it... it's the Devil Stang!! apxrock.gif

This post has been edited by xiao_la on Nov 19 2015, 06:19 PM
Kiroshino
Posted: Nov 23 2015, 10:30 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Member No.: 34,203

Not denying the performance of the new '16 Mustang. I want one too. Time has brought me over to appreciate the ecoboost...

Yeah, I'll just see how things turn out. Maybe I'm wrong. I've just seen too many people regret buying pricey new cars without the means or care about their finances. I'm sure you all know at least one example of that.

... Roy?

kyonpalm
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 07:44 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

My search has ended. The results are boring and depressing. Will post about it once it's finalized.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Dec 2 2015, 07:56 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 11 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
My search has ended. The results are boring and depressing. Will post about it once it's finalized.

You getting a car too? Dang I need to get out from under my rock! Looking at all these youngsters growing up is making me feel old. tongue.gif
Wanadrift
Posted: Dec 3 2015, 06:38 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,761

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ Nov 23 2015, 10:30 AM)
Not denying the performance of the new '16 Mustang. I want one too. Time has brought me over to appreciate the ecoboost...

Yeah, I'll just see how things turn out. Maybe I'm wrong. I've just seen too many people regret buying pricey new cars without the means or care about their finances. I'm sure you all know at least one example of that.

... Roy?

The suspense is killing us. Do post!
Kiroshino
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 07:25 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

QUOTE (Wanadrift @ Dec 3 2015, 09:38 PM)
The suspense is killing us. Do post!

Eh, not much has happened. He's still wanting the Mustang and talks about it every single day. Complete poser, which bothers me more than it should because most of us started out the same way. Nevertheless, he has put some thought into his finances. Before, he was thinking of borrowing the down payment from his family. Now, he knows that he needs to save up a little. He just doesn't yet fully realize how expensive a new car is. Still thinks he could walk into a dealership and get one for 25% off of the base MSRP on a fully loaded model out-the-door, and then pay used car insurance.
Crono0001
Posted: Dec 9 2015, 09:53 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 44,089

Let him make bad financial decisions and then be stuck for the next 10 years.
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 2 2016, 08:22 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ Jan 31 2016, 08:47 PM)
It's finally sinking in only after two months of saving. lol

Quick update.

Went and test drove a 2016 Mustang GT, manual with performance/wheel package. I didn't drive nor did either driver (salesman or coworker) really push the car, so I can't really comment too much regarding the car's capabilities. Coworker had trouble driving manual.

Great looking car... at 10+ feet away. My issue, though, is the poor fit/finish for a ~$40k car. Yeah, I know the base starts in the $20k's, but I expected better. Of the five Mustang's I looked at, all of them had misaligned body panels and warped bumpers.

Also started up an ecoboost Mustang Premium. Very tinny exhaust, at least when warming up.

I was definitely disappointed, granted these deficiencies aren't why you buy a Mustang. That said, it wouldn't be my first choice.
RalliKai
Posted: Mar 2 2016, 11:41 AM

IDW Goldmember

Are you dead set on a Mustang? I was going to say you have a few good options if your budget is around $40k.

This post has been edited by RalliKai on Mar 2 2016, 11:42 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 2 2016, 01:32 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Kiroshino @ 5 hours, 10 minutes ago)
Coworker had trouble driving manual.

Looks like your idiot coworker needs to go drive a f*cking manual Camry for a while before he blows 40k on a car he can't drive. rolleyes.gif
Kiroshino
Posted: Mar 2 2016, 02:35 PM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

lol I'm done trying to talk sense into him. This is me showing some support for his decision while voicing my reservations, which he promptly ignores.
xiao
Posted: Mar 3 2016, 12:10 AM

moon bunny

> Manually Impaired Coworker

I'd recommend telling him to not waste his money and just get an AT FR-S, but I assume he's deep into the BroCultureā„¢ and despises them Jap'mobiles cause LOL NO-POWER RICE ROCKETZ SUCKe ON DA TRACK BRO!!1

I test drove an automatic FR-S last week, and never even bothered with the paddle-shifters. The salesman kept trying to make me buy the car that very day, lolcarsalesmen, but I just went to compare it to the MT BRZ I drove last year. There's not much difference; sure the power's pathetic on straight roads, even with that super light body... for god's sake my straight-6 196bhp Jeep can go faster on the freeway... but when you're in little residential areas with loads of curves, it sticks to the ground like a squished roach~

Anyway, there ain't much difference in daily drivers be it MT or AT, save that the Automatic actually costs more, hahahaha, go figure. The only reason I like Manuals is cause it keeps me awake by doing something when I'm driving, and also cause heel & toe'ing at slow speeds that won't even make a difference makes me feel all cool like Tak inside~ derp.gif

...he should get an entry level Automatic; but his Brodick probably won't let him~ tongue.gif

This post has been edited by xiao on Mar 3 2016, 12:18 AM
norinorinori
Posted: Sep 29 2016, 01:57 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 46,425

On the lookout for ideas for a new daily driver in a few years, so something that's come out fairly recently.

I think I would prefer something I can flick around and is fun to drive over a ton of power. Driving in snowy conditions and a relatively low cost of maintenance is important to me too.

I rarely drive anything other than my Focus and a delivery van. Are there ever something like manufacturer test days that run at race tracks? A normal test drive from a dealership might not be enough to find out what I really like.
RalliKai
Posted: Sep 29 2016, 03:15 PM

IDW Goldmember

A base-model Impreza or older WRX would probably fall in that category, especially for the snow. Reliability on an older WRX may be questionable.

113 Pages  « 108 109 110 111 112 »