Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Key Ring

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  « 9 10 11 12 13  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 132,289  ·  Replies: 315 
> Upcoming Anime Season Discussion, Discuss the upcoming anime season
Saint
Posted: Jul 8 2011, 11:29 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,067

QUOTE (207 @ 20 minutes, 8 seconds ago)
looks like the new season has many popular series. doesn't look too promising for any sort of exam period. quite a few mainstream comedy and action series
http://www.animeph.com/fall-2011-new-anime...on-preview-list

Fate/Zero
Shana III
Mirai Nikki

I'll definitely follow these. w00t2.gif
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 11:48 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

i already have 4 current series 13 eps in (1 serie is a 52 run) adding to that :S
seitokai no ichizon 2
working 2
hayate gotoku 3
kore wa zombie 2 (low proirity)
shakugan no shana
fate zero

the worst part of the whole serie lineup is that too many must see's have come up at the same time sad.gif. im glad they're back but its a bit overwhelming.

This post has been edited by 207 on Jul 9 2011, 11:50 AM
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Jul 9 2011, 06:28 PM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

I'll watch Shana 3, but other than that I'm still not too sure. Tbh Shana 2 wasn't really that good too, they're missing the kick in the first season. I remember how hooked I was back then when it first came out, then I bought the DVD for the second season but it didn't live up to my expectations. Guess silver-haired villains are still the best happy.gif
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Dec 28 2011, 08:31 PM

whut?

Member No.: 6,453

user posted image

New season looking kinda weak sauce so far. Then again last season had a pretty strong lineup so might've been a little spoiled there laugh.gif

Only Another, Nisemonogatari and Black Rock Shooter so far me. Will also probably pick up whatever else manages to build up steam throughout the season.
Saint
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 02:58 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

I'm eyeing Rurouni Kenshin. w00t2.gif
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 03:23 AM

Point Guard

I don't think I have any "Must-watch"es from the list, but the graphics look great. I might try on some of the high school-themed ones, but I doubt I will be able to stay long.... laugh.gif
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 12:38 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i'll give Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai! a try, looks interesting. i'll definetely watch ZnT final. Gundam Seed remastered may be on the list as a filler series, rewatched it 3x already in the past.
Saint
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 04:13 PM

The 6th Blameless Shift

'Another' looks good. I think I'll follow Brave 10 as well. I'm a sucker for Sengoku stories. Lol.
Alastair
Posted: Dec 29 2011, 06:15 PM

SNTS

Member No.: 27,312

nisenmonogatari is on my watch list, same with Black Rock Shooter. biggrin.gif
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 3 2012, 05:35 AM

whut?

Where's your avi from alastair? Dude looks pretty damn messed up lol.
Bumpercam
Posted: Jan 4 2012, 01:19 AM

Rage Against The Light

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,515

This season is pretty weak, but the movies. Captain GARlock in winter, man, can't get more awesome than that.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 09:03 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ Jan 4 2012, 05:19 AM)
This season is pretty weak, but the movies. Captain GARlock in winter, man, can't get more awesome than that.

There are a few decent shows, that one by staff that worked on Onegai Teacher looks good, the one with the college student living with kids could be good, Rinne no Lagrange (directed by the guy who directed Nadesico AND Stellvia) is one I am watching cause of the director's history of course, the Space Pirates one and the latest addition to Bakemonogatari round out things for me.
Nappy Hared Azn
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 03:04 PM

Darling, won't you ease my worried mind?

Member No.: 1,828

The biggest surprise for me this season is Daily Lives of High School Boys. It's funny shit.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Jan 14 2012, 11:33 PM

Point Guard

QUOTE (Nappy Hared Azn @ 8 hours, 29 minutes ago)
The biggest surprise for me this season is Daily Lives of High School Boys. It's funny shit.

Watched the first ep. today. Yeah its funny, and random...... Just like Under the Bridge last time laugh.gif
Posted: Jan 16 2012, 08:16 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

i just got hooked onto the series "Another". im getting similar vibes from it as i had with Ookami Kakushi. i loved that series and i think Another will be just as great. i love those horror mystery series. Nisemonogatari is hilarious and unique as usual.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 01:53 AM

whut?

QUOTE (Nappy Hared Azn @ Jan 15 2012, 10:04 AM)

Aye true that yo! And to think I almost wrote the show off as fujoshi bait when I first saw it on the season charts pinch2.gif

I've checked out a little of Kill Me Baby and even for a 4-koma type show it's all over the place. Humour is a little retarded and you know you've got a problem when one of your supporting character is infinitely more funny than the two leads. I dunno it might just need time to grow on you though. High School Boys would be the better comedy to reccommend by far still.

Space Pirates wasn't bad at all but at the same time wasn't anything too mind blowing. I've yet to see past the 1st episode so I'll probably get a better feel for the show then.

Another is a little too slow for my liking though. I mean sure it gets pretty eery at times... but like damn yo, nothing ever really happens and the big downtime between the good bits don't really help either. I guess that's just the nature of these atmospheric horrors. Hopefully it can start to pick up the further we move along into the plot, it's still only been 2 episodes afterall.
Posted: Jan 20 2012, 05:33 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

wasnt Higurashi similarly slow paced to begin with? Ookami Kakushi was also slow off the mark.
bROCKoLEE
Posted: Feb 10 2012, 12:29 AM

whut?

Higurashi had the murder mystery thing going for it early on and by the end of the 1st episode no less to keep you stringed along.

Havn't seen Ookami yet so can't comment there.

But atleast something finally happened in Another #3. Lotsa answers in the recent episode (5) though.
Posted: Feb 12 2012, 06:49 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

QUOTE (bROCKoLEE @ Feb 10 2012, 03:29 AM)
Higurashi had the murder mystery thing going for it early on and by the end of the 1st episode no less to keep you stringed along.

Havn't seen Ookami yet so can't comment there.

But atleast something finally happened in Another #3. Lotsa answers in the recent episode (5) though.

with out spoiling too much, Ookami Kakushi is paced more like Another than Higurashi and the protagonist is left in the dark about the mystery. the story did get real interesting when he got some answers and the ball got rolling

for these type of anime i dont mind the slow progression. adds more time to mess with the mind and think it over. Higurashi did mess with me quite a bit until i got to season 2. i was baffled as to the multiple restarts until they got to se2. as for the arcs, i just enjoyed the various dark twists. Shiki was slow to start but it sure ended with alot of action.

i like slow paced anime at times, even slow paced slice of life is ok when its interesting enough as a concept.

This post has been edited by 207 on Feb 12 2012, 06:51 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 12 2012, 11:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Now that the Spring Season is pretty much started, I guess I'll use this thread to review the shows that I'm watching so far. I won't be giving away plot elements so I don't think this needs a spoiler tag. Here goes!

Uchuu Kyoudai/Space Brothers
Sub Group: HorribleSubs

So with a name like 'Space Brothers', how could I not check this out? I happen to be a pretty huge fan of space stuff, and not just the science fiction shit like ToLoveRU and whatever, but actual space shows. This one is really entertaining and looks to be pretty heart-warming. It's got comedy, it's got seriousness, and it's about the struggle to get into the space program starting from nothing. There's not much more I can say about it except that if you like space exploration and you're looking for a heart-warming comedy...this is your show.

Acchi Kocchi
Sub Group: NemDiggers (Commie)

Did you watch Ikamusume? If so, did you enjoy Ikamusume? Well, chances are you're the sort of person who enjoys simple comedy that doesn't focus on panty shots and cleaveage every five seconds. Sound about right? Then give this show a shot. It's kind of like A Channel except with male characters included. An adorable show with a daily-life sort of plot and slapstick comedy. A feel-good series if ever I've seen one.

Nazo no Kanojo X/Mysterious Girlfriend X
Sub Group: NemDiggers (GotSpeed)

Now, if you don't recognize the title right off the bat, shame on you. This manga has been around since forever and people have always muttered about it getting an adaptation. Well, that day is finally here and the wait was worth it. The animation, despite being done by modern production companies, does its best to mimick the classic art style of the manga itself. Keep in mind that this is an ecchi series, so while there's no actual ero (...yet) it wouldn't be something you'd want to watch at work. That is unless your workplace doesn't care that you watch people doing erotic things with saliva. Looks like this is going to be a heck of a thing.

Fate/Zero S2
Sub Group: UTW

Did you watch episodes 1-13? Did you enjoy them? Why aren't you already watching this? If you didn't see 1-13, then did you see Fate/Stay Night? Did you enjoy it? Then go watch 1-13 of Fate/Zero and catch up with the rest of us. 'Nuff said.

Upotte!!

Okay, this one is weird as hell. So the idea here is that most of the characters in the show are actually anthropomorphized rifles. The exception is the lead teacher character who is human. There's a lot of gun-related nerdery here as well as plenty of ecchi humor. The Russians are apparently catgirls. If guns, catgirls and ecchi humor aren't enough to get you to watch a show then I'm not sure what else I can say to convince you.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san

Lovecraft must be rolling in his grave after this. So what if all the lore about Cthulu was actually talking about moe aliens who obssess over Kamen Rider and spout off names of mobile suits when struck with a fork? Well, then you'd have this show. It's mind-numbingly ridiculous and references tons of shit while at the same time completely ignoring the fourth wall. Kiss your sanity points goodbye, because this show is a brain-hurter. Yet...I can't stop watching...!

Eureka 7: AO
Sub Group: NemDiggers (gg)

Did you watch Eureaka 7 and enjoy it? If you answered 'no' to this question, then get the hell out. I kid, I kid...well...okay maybe not really. Anyway it looks like BONES has another winner on their hands, this new show putting a new spin on the winning formula of the original series. Takes place quite some years after the original (15 years, maybe? I don't remember what year the original took place) in the same setting. We get new characters, new tech and new music... all of which are looking and sounding to be just as awesome as us Eureka 7 fans have come to expect. Seriously, watch this!

Hikounin Sentai Akibaranger/Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger
Sub Group: Over-Time

Okay, so this isn't an Anime...kind of. It has an Anime in it, similar to how Densha Otoko/Train Man had an Anime created specifically for it despite it being a live-action. This series has an in-universe Anime called Nijiyome Gakuen Z-Cune Aoi (2D Waifu Academy Z-Cune Aoi) which the main characters happen to be unheathily attracted to. Now, let me start by saying that I'm not a fan of the Sentai franchise. I got out of Power Rangers when I was still a little kid. However, this show is a major exception. It makes fun of Sentai shows on purpose and makes constant references to Akiba subculture. The OP is sung by Halko Momoi. The insert song is sung by Hatsune Miku. They ride around in an Itasha. They transform using a moe figure reminiscent of a Busou Shinki that transforms into a gun. It's absolutely ridiculous and amazingly fun. This is easily the best show I've seen yet this season and is the one I'll be impatiently waiting for every week. Check it out!

That concludes my report. I have yet to see Accel World but it's on my list, so I'll update once I've seen it. The only show on my 'check' list that isn't out yet is AKB0048, so we'll see how that goes once it premieres. Hope this helps!

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Apr 12 2012, 11:26 PM
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 13 2012, 08:47 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Fate/Zero, Upotte, and ASccel World are on my list of things to watch... after finals. >.<

I do keep up with the Mysterious Girlfriend X manga, though I don't think I'll be watching the anime.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 08:27 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Totally watched the first two episodes of Space Brothers today with my sister. And all I can say is that I love it, it's very cute. The voice of adult Mutta (Hiroaki Hirata) is the same voice actor who was Wild Tiger in Tiger&Bunny which I think is absolutely awesome. All the voice acting fits and the art style and character designs fit the mood of the show. The bond that Mutta and Hibito share is very similar to the bond between me and my younger sister. I also find it kinda funny that Mutta and my sister share the exact same birthday. That's right, they were both born on the day of the Agony of Doha.

I'm a huge fan of the Lupin the Third series and I was so excited to watch the new series that they have this season. Lupin the Third, The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. I saw the first two episodes today, and holy cow is this show raunchy. I swear, Fujiko has no shame. Don't watch this unless you're by yourself because there is a lot--and I mean A LOT--of nudity. So much so I found it uncomfortable to watch. Aside from that, I really liked the story and the animation style. The way the show presents itself and the amazing backgrounds and character designs really bring me back to the older animation styles that were prevalent in the 1970s and 80s.
Kiroshino
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:22 AM

IDW Goldmember
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 34,203

Watched a few at the anime club. First impressions:

Upotte: A bit more bluntly ecchi than I would like, at least the first episode. The second episode made up for that somewhat.

Sankarea: Weird concept. Pacing is a bit fast, but I guess that's what you get with ecchi with a drama undertone.

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? of the Dead: I didn't watch the first season, but the first episode has me convinced the artist was high when he/she made this. Lots of WTF moments.

Sakamichi no Apollon: Has lots of potential. If you're into music, watch it.

Jormungand: Characters are uninteresting. Pacing is way too fast even for an action anime. Even then, still going to watch it.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 08:56 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

I suddenly remember why I don't watch season anime anymore. Since they only come out weekly, I'm always left on cliff hangers! Though, in the end it is well worth it. I choose to watch a pair of really good shows to watch this year. So I don't mind waiting a week in between episodes. awesome.gif

Ah Space Brothers... you are way too heartwarming. Why do you have to be such a cute show!?! If you didn't smile or laugh at this week's episode then go back and watch it again! It's hilarious and cute; you'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll laugh again, and you'll be on the edge of your seat waiting for more! The show can take any direction at this rate, so it's still up in the air whether or not Mutta is going to make it into the space program.

This week's episode of Lupin was great, got to see Goemon and everything! I don't want to give away too many details and spoilers I won't say too much. But the series continues to amaze me with it's great art work and voice acting. I absolutely love the series even though there is a crazy amount of nudity in it.

This post has been edited by THE_HONDA_CG2 on Apr 22 2012, 08:49 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 21 2012, 11:10 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

The real problem I have with the current season is that 99% of the shows I'm watching come out on the weekend, meaning that I get almost all of them on Saturday night or Sunday morning. I think there's a single show that comes out on Monday and Pirates comes out on Thursday I think...

But see? So many of this season's stuff is the weekend that I don't even remember the one or two that actually come out during the week. It means waiting that much longer for everything and then suddenly having a ton to watch! Why can't it be spaced out better!? sad.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project

13 Pages  « 9 10 11 12 13