Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Kishaden

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,969  ·  Replies: 8 
> ParaPara Open Source Backups
pm41224
    Posted: Oct 17 2019, 06:14 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,430

Last month YouTube struck down the ParaPara Open Source channel and thus all the ParaPara videos disappeared forever. Since 2013 the channel served as the biggest database of ParaPara, TechPara and TraPara videos where everyone could check out routines that were either standard, rarely danced or never danced at all. A variety of clubs and video series were featured (ARX, AREA, Twinstar, XENON, JOY, MEDUSA, 9LoveJ, STARFIRE, SEF to name a few along with series like パラれる, BOOM BOOM BAZOOKA, DYNAMITE RAVE, MAGICAL RAVE and AQUA DIVE etc., and some promo videos).

Has anyone managed to back up those videos before Avex Trax gave the channel a death blow?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's the wrong forum.
skibblesx
Posted: Oct 18 2019, 08:01 AM

Frog Lord

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43,002

a lot of us on the Para International group has it backed up and John is gonna eventually put it somewhere else
pm41224
  Posted: Oct 18 2019, 03:14 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 50,430

Good to know. Also worth noting that I have downloaded a few videos from the Google Drive links provided in some of the videos long before they were taken down. I also have backups of some ParaPara videos that Avex hasn't yet torched, whether they were posted on YT or NND doesn't matter in my case.
John61590
Posted: Oct 25 2019, 06:03 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 28,016

QUOTE (pm41224 @ Oct 17 2019, 06:14 PM)
Last month YouTube struck down the ParaPara Open Source channel and thus all the ParaPara videos disappeared forever. Since 2013 the channel served as the biggest database of ParaPara, TechPara and TraPara videos where everyone could check out routines that were either standard, rarely danced or never danced at all. A variety of clubs and video series were featured (ARX, AREA, Twinstar, XENON, JOY, MEDUSA, 9LoveJ, STARFIRE, SEF to name a few along with series like パラれる, BOOM BOOM BAZOOKA, DYNAMITE RAVE, MAGICAL RAVE and AQUA DIVE etc., and some promo videos).

Has anyone managed to back up those videos before Avex Trax gave the channel a death blow?

Thanks in advance and sorry if it's the wrong forum.

"all the ParaPara videos disappeared forever"

Maybe I can get them to reactivate the channel after two more months, I don't know. In the meantime, there is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjtYeARWJBhgwRHe4CSMvrA which has videos with no sound, but links to download in the description.

I have all of the videos backed up, but it takes a significant amount of time to upload 700 videos to YouTube so please understand.

My current goal at the time of writing is to upload the videos in tandem with http://www.paraparalovers.com video database. The website is much safer means to provide links to content than YouTube after all.
otter87
Posted: Oct 25 2019, 09:05 PM

Sexy Guy

Member No.: 37,113

Dailymotion doesn't give a shit what's uploaded to their site. There's a channel with 1000's of Howard Stern videos that's been up for over 5 years when everything on YouTube gets DMCA'd quick. Just a thought.
John61590
Posted: Oct 26 2019, 05:35 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (otter87 @ Yesterday, 9:05 PM)
Dailymotion doesn't give a shit what's uploaded to their site. There's a channel with 1000's of Howard Stern videos that's been up for over 5 years when everything on YouTube gets DMCA'd quick. Just a thought.

Can't take that chance though since they have a DMCA page on there. On the other hand, the webmaster of gounlimited has stated that he ignores DMCA complaints and everyone else seems to be using it, so I will go with that.
powser
Posted: Nov 29 2019, 06:43 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 29,719

QUOTE (skibblesx @ Oct 18 2019, 08:01 AM)
a lot of us on the Para International group has it backed up and John is gonna eventually put it somewhere else

I also hope to see them up again some day.
Can I ask where/what is the Para International Group?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
skibblesx
Posted: Nov 30 2019, 05:55 PM

Frog Lord

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 43,002

QUOTE (powser @ Yesterday, 6:43 PM)
I also hope to see them up again some day.
Can I ask where/what is the Para International Group?

just look up para para international on facebook!
John61590
Posted: Dec 2 2019, 04:09 PM

IDW God Member

Many videos can be found on http://paraparalovers.com ParaPara database now. If there is a video, a g drive embed will appear underneath the tracklist. Still a work-in-progress but over 200 videos are on there.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]