Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Marko Polo - Speedy Speed Boy

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 175,317  ·  Replies: 508 
> The Gun Enthusiasts' Thread
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:12 PM

Man who stand on toilet high on pot.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,501

QUOTE (1slowsupra @ Today at 6:07 PM)
Note taken, a lot of people want a starter/practice/cheap gun..and they usually think Glock. It is a decent begineers gun, but everyone has a preferance..just like cars. You drive one, how will you know how the others are. Try a few and see which ones fit you. You can rent at most ranges. That is the best, when you find a gun that fits you like a glove and you begin with that. You will waste time and 2-3 times more money on ammo with a gun you are not comfortable with and not accurate with. Not sure if you know, but not everyone is accurate with the same gun. Same analogy with cars, you have some drivers who cant drive for sh!t with their own car, but when they drive another, they look like a champ...and later you see them buy that car. Practice practice practice...youll need a lot of practice, which is also why I would suggest a 9mm as a first pistol.

I would not suggest getting a +$800 gun for a first timer...and I wouldnt get anything too cheap as well. I would never get any handgun under $375 that is brand new(exclude 22s)...you bascially get what you pay for when your in that range. Your price range should be right between $400-750. And I would suggest staying away from unpopular brands(theres usually a reason why they are unpopular) and stay away from compacts, unless you can really get a license to carry.

Browning Hi-Power
CZ-75
Any EAA (basically all are CZ75 clones)
Jericho 941(Or Baby Eagle)
HK USPs
Sig P2022, P226, P228, P220, P229, P239, P245
Kimber 1911 Custom II (that is their base model)
Springfield 1911 Loaded
Beretta M9/92 (actually dont like any of them, but you might like them)
Keltec
Taurus 1911 (just came out, been hearing a lot of good things)
Any Walther
Glocks I guess, since some people really swear by them.  rolleyes.gif Might as well give it a try.

Good advice. But will they let coloured people try the guns?

Because I don't want to go there and then ask to try....and then I hear "REQUESTING BACKUP....COLOURED MAN HERE TRYING TO RENT A GUN....MUST BE A TERRORIST\THIEF\HOLDUP"

This post has been edited by Dave Rodgers on Oct 31 2006, 06:29 PM
1slowsupra
Posted: Oct 31 2006, 06:20 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 356

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Today at 6:05 PM)
If I want a shoot-for-shits gun, I'll just get a .22 LR; The cheapest of the cheap... wink2.gif

My dad has a Marlin Model 60 rifle (Which I've posted elsewhere; I'll bring it up in this thread later) that fires off .22 LRs...He hasn't fired that fun off in 20 years and doesn't have any ammo for it, though...It just used to be his dad's, but I bet it'd make great for plinking...

Those Browning Buck Marks and CZ-75 Kadets also look like fun for targeting (Both also chambered in .22 LR)...

Shooting 22s is fun. I take my niece with me to the range also, shes only 11...she can only handle the 22s. happy.gif

If your of age already, your pops shouldnt mind if you borrow the rifle for some fun plinking. And if your dad was really kool, you can give him the cash to buy you a handgun. In most states it is completely legal for a parent to give their kids any legal firearm...and in some states they will allow youngsters to rightfully hold/own a firearm even if they are under 18 as long as it was given by the parent with the parents consent.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Nov 1 2006, 03:50 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

With my dad's Marlin, it's not about what age I am, it's just that it's more of an Anderson family prop... laugh.gif tongue.gif

My step-mom wants to go down to The Bottom (One of her relatives on her side of the family owns some property out in southwestern Kentucky, somewhere in the middle of nowhere, that includes some forrest land, and "The Bottom" is a part of their property, about a quarter-mile to a half-mile into the forrest that's maybe an eighth-mile in lowered elevation from the entrance) one of these days and shoot guns off there...My dad says if we get to do that, he'll buy some ammo for his rifle...My step-mom's brothers will also bring their guns, and I'm sure my older cousin Brad will bring his Marlin 30-30...

I want a handgun (Even Kentucky gun laws don't care about the posession of a handgun, it's just more about the buying), but I'm content with myself starting out on a rifle for now...
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Nov 4 2006, 11:47 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Member No.: 1,546

haha, a Beagle(941) owner. My dad has one in 9mm as well. I have more trigger time with that thing then every other gun I've shot combined. lol
Suprised you said any walther.. unless your refuring to just the new ones? I've heard a lot of flak regarding their famed ppk series, at least the s&w made walther's(yeah yeah I curoius about the bond gun myself, shoot me)
Also, any reason you recommend avoiding subcompact guns(if he doesnt intend to carry) but recommend kel-tec ?

Cheap pistols in, and under the glock range that many people have recommended to me are teh cz75's and ruger p95, recently rented both as I'm in the market myself and I for what very little my opinion actually matters I loved both of them. Even the ruger, which is rather tank like compared to the sleak cz. Totally different feel, I would think most, including myself would prefure the feel of the CZ. Cant comment on reliabilty though since I just rented them and with maybe 100 or so rounds each nothing borked. Lots of praise go to both guns in that regard, especially ruger from what I've been told.. It seems like the word "tank" goes hand in hand with their guns.. *shrugs
In more of the glock price range their is the Springfield Armory XD series(previously hs2000) which are apperently the new it gun in this price range and there is no shortage or rave reviews around them. It's basicly the 'glock' for people who dont like 'glocks'. They come with a 1911 type grip safety and a trigger safety, and the have a more traditional vertical grip angle were as the glocks are more diagnal.. which some people love and others hate.
I'm about to put some money down on a two tone XD9 service. Only thing that is stopping me is the fact that christmas season is coming and I still have a shit job. tongue.gif
If ends dont meet out and I have to go abit cheaper I'll most likely snag a cz75 SA.
1slowsupra
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 02:40 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (But she looked 18 officer @ Yesterday at 11:47 PM)
haha, a Beagle(941) owner. My dad has one in 9mm as well. I have more trigger time with that thing then every other gun I've shot combined. lol
Suprised you said any walther.. unless your refuring to just the new ones? I've heard a lot of flak regarding their famed ppk series, at least the s&w made walther's(yeah yeah I curoius about the bond gun myself, shoot me)
Also, any reason you recommend avoiding subcompact guns(if he doesnt intend to carry) but recommend kel-tec ?

Cheap pistols in, and under the glock range that many people have recommended to me are teh cz75's and ruger p95, recently rented both as I'm in the market myself and I for what very little my opinion actually matters I loved both of them. Even the ruger, which is rather tank like compared to the sleak cz. Totally different feel, I would think most, including myself would prefure the feel of the CZ. Cant comment on reliabilty though since I just rented them and with maybe 100 or so rounds each nothing borked. Lots of praise go to both guns in that regard, especially ruger from what I've been told.. It seems like the word "tank" goes hand in hand with their guns.. *shrugs
In more of the glock price range their is the Springfield Armory XD series(previously hs2000) which are apperently the new it gun in this price range and there is no shortage or rave reviews around them. It's basicly the 'glock' for people who dont like 'glocks'. They come with a 1911 type grip safety and a trigger safety, and the have a more traditional vertical grip angle were as the glocks are more diagnal.. which some people love and others hate.
I'm about to put some money down on a two tone XD9 service. Only thing that is stopping me is the fact that christmas season is coming and I still have a shit job. tongue.gif
If ends dont meet out and I have to go abit cheaper I'll most likely snag a cz75 SA.

Two of my friends have the older PPK series Walthers and both are fine. I see nothing wrong with them. I mentioned, I would not recommend a sub-compact, but also listed the Keltec. Im not opposed to getting a sub-compact, just dont feel it isnt needed "if you can not carry". Only reason why I mention Keltec is because I was not sure if he has the option to carry...if he did, than get a Keltec. Get it? wink2.gif

My best friend had a XD. 50rds and he sold it to my other friend, and now he regrets buying it. I am dead accurate with that pistol, but I fukin hate it to DEATH. That stupid trigger they call a safety...that does not work for me at all. All that extra slack when squeezing, than the trigger goes, and than the trigger has to go all the way to the front to set... Feels like crap and in my opinion is only for public safety when talking LEO drawing a gun on someone and not accidentally shooting them. Try rapid firing with that thing, it is possible but not to easy and friendly. IMO that pistol was made for LE, it is perfect for them...and that is it, not for citizens or the military. And the looks of the XD, just as bad as the Glocks...much rather have a HK if getting a polymer pistol. If I were you, get the CZ. The CZ is proven for decades, and it is still far from being obsolete. There are 3 guns in this world that are the most copied...and the CZ is one of them.

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Nov 5 2006, 02:41 AM
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Nov 5 2006, 03:15 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Seems all the polymer guns take on the same goddamn shape; If you were to set down on a table next to each other any GLOCK, a Springfield XD, and the CZ 100, you would hardly be able to tell any distinguishable differences apart...

Only polymer I could ever see myself with are the compact Jericho 941s...I don't like polymers, since I'd rather take durability over weight; Rather feel like I'm firing a gun, and not a toy... rolleyes.gif
1slowsupra
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 11:42 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Today at 3:15 AM)
Seems all the polymer guns take on the same goddamn shape; If you were to set down on a table next to each other any GLOCK, a Springfield XD, and the CZ 100, you would hardly be able to tell any distinguishable differences apart...

All the HKs are polymer, they have their distinctive shape that I love, and sets them far from the Glocks. Kimber has a polymer line for their 1911s, as well as STi, Para, and a few others. And Sig makes a few awesome polymer frame pistols as well...Very distictive and different from the Glock. All the plastic pistols that look like Glocks are the ones trying to replace it.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Nov 5 2006, 02:54 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

I only listed those three of the top of my head since they're the most recognizable polymer guns (Ohh, the irony)...

What HKs are polymer?

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Nov 5 2006, 02:55 PM
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 05:39 PM

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Today at 2:54 PM)
I only listed those three of the top of my head since they're the most recognizable polymer guns (Ohh, the irony)...

What HKs are polymer?

The Heckler&Koch USP for one.

You might know it better as the Peashooter you get at the start of a round.
IZaven
Posted: Nov 5 2006, 06:48 PM

Private First Class of the Army National Guard

Member No.: 15,355

i like the m14s and mp5s

m14 = classic gotta love them
1slowsupra
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 01:30 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Yesterday at 2:54 PM)

What HKs are polymer?

HKs specialize in polymer weapons. IMO they are the greatest gun company ever. PSG1, MP5, G3, HK91, UMP, SL8, G36, OICW, PDW/MP7, and now the HK416...those are HK military weapons that are second to none.

All of HKs pistols are polymer also. USP, Match, Expert, Elite, Tactical, P2000, and the infamous Mark23. Id kill for a Mark23...it is the official SOCOM pistol and is listed as a "offensive" firearm. Not sure you if you seen Tears of the Sun...that movie has a great scene of them useing the Mark23. The $2400 price tag prevents me from affording one right now. crying2.gif

user posted image

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Nov 6 2006, 01:33 AM
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Nov 6 2006, 08:07 PM

I put the F U in FUN

QUOTE (1slowsupra @ Yesterday at 4:40 AM)
Two of my friends have the older PPK series Walthers and both are fine. I see nothing wrong with them. I mentioned, I would not recommend a sub-compact, but also listed the Keltec. Im not opposed to getting a sub-compact, just dont feel it isnt needed "if you can not carry". Only reason why I mention Keltec is because I was not sure if he has the option to carry...if he did, than get a Keltec. Get it? wink2.gif

My best friend had a XD. 50rds and he sold it to my other friend, and now he regrets buying it. I am dead accurate with that pistol, but I fukin hate it to DEATH. That stupid trigger they call a safety...that does not work for me at all. All that extra slack when squeezing, than the trigger goes, and than the trigger has to go all the way to the front to set... Feels like crap and in my opinion is only for public safety when talking LEO drawing a gun on someone and not accidentally shooting them. Try rapid firing with that thing, it is possible but not to easy and friendly. IMO that pistol was made for LE, it is perfect for them...and that is it, not for citizens or the military. And the looks of the XD, just as bad as the Glocks...much rather have a HK if getting a polymer pistol. If I were you, get the CZ. The CZ is proven for decades, and it is still far from being obsolete. There are 3 guns in this world that are the most copied...and the CZ is one of them.

hmm. how much use do their ppk's get? Are they german or the s&w model ppk's? Just curious as all, I dig the guns look and feel but I've heard soo many horror stories about them from just about every person/source I've listened to over the years. *shrugs
I've heard mixxed opinions about the xd's trigger as well. People tell me it takes time to get used too but it didnt bother me for the half a dozen rounds I shot with it so I have no real opinion about it, keeping in mind I'm far from an experienced shooter who's opinion should be relivent.
*funny offtopic sidenote, when it comes to guns and the discussions of guns the factor of 'opinion' regarding weapon comparisons is almost prevalent then even a musical instrament. Funny since music being an art which has a value to an individual soley based on their opinion and taste.
Glad to see(more) praise regarding the CZ though. I swear after toying with it I felt as if something was wrong with me since I liked the cheap basturd(compared to a handfull of other guns that got passed around in our group). That being before I even bothered to do any research on them.
Since posting that though I walked into a local gunstore and noticed that they are selling for well above 450 bucks. :/ not quite what I had expected after seeing them from 350/400 range.
I've never fired a sig or even picked up an HK. Is it possible or common to pick up a used(but well taken care of) model in 9mm just south of $500.

1slowsupra
Posted: Nov 7 2006, 12:34 AM

IDW Prime Member

The PPK models my friends own I believe are German models. I will have to ask them later when I see them. I think they are ok, nothing really super about them...the James Bond movies really glorified them. Having any gun star in a movie can really boost the guns reputation.

Your right about personal preferance in regards to shooting guns is much like music and instruments. Everyone has their own ideals and flavors. I just feel the guns I have listed up top will get them on the right track faster and easier. Why jump in to the deep end when your just a begineer? You have to crawl before you walk, and you have to walk before you can run. I myself started off with a Sig P220ST, and I wish I can turn back time...I love the gun to death now and it is my second favorite, but I do feel it was the wrong gun for me to start off with, and I wasted a lot of time, effort, and ammo trying to shoot right and develop my skill. Everyone who is clueless about shooting feels it is just point and shoot...which is far from the truth. Much like with drifting, most newbs think it is as easy as power sliding around corners.

If you feel comfortable with a CZ, if it felt perfect in your hands, and if you hit the target...than I think you found your match. The more research you do on the CZ the more you will find out how high it ranks in the food chain...it is WAY up there. The ergonmics, grip, weight, and angle is just perfect reguardless of hand size or type of shooting. I have yet to hear anyone say anything bad about the CZ. And it does beat out the Beretta in ALL aspecs...the only reason the US Gov. didnt go with the CZ pistol is because at that time the pistol was made in a Communist country. Even if the price of the pistol is +$450, you are still getting a lot of pistol for your money. If they jacked the prices up to $800, it would still be worth it.

It is common to find police trade in Sigs for $500 or below. Right now Turners has German police trade in P225s for $399...but I hear they are very worn. I would look for the police trade in's that have been looked over by the Sig factory. Sig also has good customer service...they will fix anything that goes wrong on the pistol. As for the HK, I hear of some police trade in HKs but they go fast. They will not last a week in the display case. But personally, I love the Sigs...the recoil and shots are easily controllable than the HKs, which is why I sold my HK 40 and have two Sigs. grin2.gif

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Nov 7 2006, 12:37 AM
But she looked 18 of..
Posted: Nov 8 2006, 01:47 PM

I put the F U in FUN

Although I'm almost certain it they dont... by anychance can one get a cz75 compact in SA ?

Also, how hard is it to find holsters for CZ75'S?
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Nov 10 2006, 04:48 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Hate to sound like a retard 15 minutes late with a responce...

...but I was wondering; Of any H&K firearm, how much of it is built with polymer materials? Like say with the USP; I know they incorporate polymer into the magazine build...Anything else on the USP polymer?

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Nov 10 2006, 04:50 PM
1slowsupra
Posted: Nov 11 2006, 12:38 PM

IDW Prime Member

Although I'm almost certain it they dont... by anychance can one get a cz75 compact in SA ?

Also, how hard is it to find holsters for CZ75'S?

Not sure if they offer compacts in SA. Might want to check out their website...or look around. I know there are hundreds of holsters for the CZ75s...a gun that popular has a huge aftermarket following.

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Yesterday at 4:48 PM)
Hate to sound like a retard 15 minutes late with a responce...

...but I was wondering; Of any H&K firearm, how much of it is built with polymer materials? Like say with the USP; I know they incorporate polymer into the magazine build...Anything else on the USP polymer?

They very, especially on the rifles. I know the SL8/G36 is about 85% polymer and they are considered to be battle proven reliable. The USPs...the frame, some parts like trigger and safety are polymer. The slide and internal parts are metal. The frame is reinforced with inbedded steel liners...im sure the rifle receivers are the same way.

Also, the USP (fullsize) mags are plastic...but the USP Compact, and I think the Mark23 and elite, mags are all metal. The metal ones are more favorable.

This post has been edited by 1slowsupra on Nov 11 2006, 12:45 PM
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Jan 31 2007, 08:21 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Alrightly then, let's try this one more time, eh? Airsofts in that thread, firearms in this thread... laugh2.gif tongue.gif
Dave Rodgers
Posted: Jan 31 2007, 10:20 PM

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM)
Alrightly then, let's try this one more time, eh? Airsofts in that thread, firearms in this thread... laugh2.gif tongue.gif

I got a serious question for y'all.

Do you all use guns as penis enlargement devices for that lack of equipment?
Solid Snake
Posted: Feb 1 2007, 01:24 PM

A Legend in my Own Mind

Member No.: 599

QUOTE (Dave Rodgers @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM)
I got a serious question for y'all.

Do you all use guns as penis enlargement devices for that lack of equipment?

[sarcasm]Nope, I got my Cobra for that. tongue.gif I have guns to kill paper.[/sarcasm]

This post has been edited by Solid Snake on Feb 1 2007, 01:24 PM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Feb 1 2007, 03:36 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

"This is my rifle, this is my gun. This is for fighting, this is for fun."

God, I'm so watching "Full Metal Jacket" this weekend... laugh2.gif grin2.gif

Continuing from the other thread about the whole 5.56mm NATO vs. 7.62mm NATO discussion...Each have their own strengths and weaknesses...The 7.62 is better when it comes to engaging the target over an extended distance via your designated marksman/sniper, but the 5.56 is probably better suited for close quarters combat due to it's relativly compact size and weight...

Can't beat an M14/M21/M25, but the US Army SDM-R and USMC SAM-R M16 derivatives are also fine long-distance rifles...I've been more fond of the M4 Carbine over the M16 patterns, but I would kill for an SAM-R; Those things are the absolute definition of "badass"... grin2.gif
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Apr 7 2011, 07:47 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (MidnightViper88 @ Feb 1 2007, 07:36 PM)
Continuing from the other thread about the whole 5.56mm NATO vs. 7.62mm NATO discussion...Each have their own strengths and weaknesses...The 7.62 is better when it comes to engaging the target over an extended distance via your designated marksman/sniper, but the 5.56 is probably better suited for close quarters combat due to it's relativly compact size and weight...

What the f**k are you talking about, you f**king nub? Distance, yes, but it's not the only defining thing...7.62x51mm is best suited for it's long effective ranges and large kinetic energy while the 5.56x45mm is best suited for it's higher muzzle velocity and lighter cartridge weight...Get your shit straight; And if you want the best of both worlds, get a 6.8x43mm...

Oh wait, I did... laugh.gif

"The post you are quoting is over 1526 days old."

Oh f**k, Edo Tensei! Thread necromancy, prepare for zombie infestation! tongue.gif

Given the slight increase in firearms purchases (Particularly with me and am3) and discussions of such, I suppose now is as any of a time to resurrect this thread to redirect to a more relevant thread...

Hmm...I dunno, how do we re-kick things off...Show your shit off?

DPMS Panther Arms Mod. A-150 carbine, chambered in 6.8x43mm SPC; 16" barrel, 25-round 6.8 magazine, forward assist, MIL-SPEC 1913 rail on the upper receiver...I affectionately have named her "Yūna"... grin2.gif

Pictures are taken when I first bought it; I really want to take some more artistic stuff with my rifle...

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

I've got a whole bunch of stuff planned for this rifle...For starters, I wanna get an upper receiver assembly chambered in 5.56mm so I can also fire off .223/5.56 with my rifle, in addition to the 6.8; That's my first ...Second thing would have to be an optical sight; A Trijicon ACOG would really be nice, but that might have to wait until next year's tax returns if I want to make it "affordable"... laugh.gif Reflex sights are what I want to go for, but even something like an EOTech is pretty pricey, if only half of what an ACOG would cost...I might also plan on getting a quad-rail guard for the barrel, so I can use attachments with it, like a flashlight and a foregrip...Somewhere down the line, I might also give it a desert tan paintjob, the same thing I did with my airsoft CAR-15, in the same design as the M4 Carbine's default skin in Modern Warfare 2...

But I'm really getting ahead of myself...I really need to get an upper receiver first and do some dual cartridge shooting to familiarize myself with the weapon in live fire first before I decorate it with bling... laugh.gif
RalliKai
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 08:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Didn't even know there was a 6.8mm cartridge. Nice rifle though I don't want to think how much one of those can set someone back.

This is still my top choice in a firearm purchase when I get around to it.

user posted image
am3pkcet
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 08:27 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

/me likes.

I have a Sig Sauer P226 9mm. Below it's shown with an airsoft counterpart. (Pic taken using this setup. Foam core box taped together, Home Depot lights, and tripod mounted DSLR with 50mm lens).

user posted image

I have only had a chance to take it out once, but it shot wonderfully. I am taking it out again tomorrow, and also plan on renting a .308 M1A dribble.gif

I have every intent to purchase another pistol, and probably soon. I am picking up a membership at my local range which, beyond free lane use, allows for free rental of all their firearms (you just have to buy their ammo for rentals). I remember that I didn't like Glocks, but can't remember why. I remember liking the Beretta 92FS, but I can't remember why. I've never shot a 1911, but I know people who swear by them. So with my ability to rent anything they have, I can pick which one I like shooting the best. Though, I think I'll eventually end up with a Beretta 92FS or M9 at some point regardless. I just love em! lol.

This post has been edited by am3pkcet on Apr 7 2011, 08:33 PM
Sensation!
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 08:57 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

you and your Beretta. I actually had a pretty bad experience with a Beretta 96.
I love the way it felt in my hands, and i loved the sights.

however, amidst all the other range slut guns for rent, that was the only one which double fed. That and the recoil felt strange on it, it wanted to go sideways. Perhaps it was just a bad gun? either way, i was slightly disappointed.

Oh and we have a joke about how it ejects spent casings. It'll do a precision headshot at range in opposite directions, SIMULTANEOUSLY.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Apr 7 2011, 09:24 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Today, 12:22 AM)
Didn't even know there was a 6.8mm cartridge. Nice rifle though I don't want to think how much one of those can set someone back.

Rifle itself has an MSRP is about $1,019, or whatever, give or take a couple dollars...Two boxes of Barrett brand 6.8 SPC, 30 rounds a box, $40 each, and the guy knocked off a couple dollars for the ammo...Kentucky 6% sales tax...Personally, it broke in my credit card with a little over ~$1,200...

BUT IT'S WORTH IT grin2.gif

21 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »