Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Wild Reputation 2005

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Post your requests in the pinned threads. If your request does not belong to any existent pinned threads, please start a new topic.
• Please use Post Icons when starting new topics, to state the purpose of your topic and to have a better visual classification.

NEW RELEASES: Super Eurobeat 221 (23 January 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Selection (08 February 2013), Super Eurobeat Presents Initial D Fifth Stage D Non-Stop Selection (08 March 2013), Initial D Fifth Stage Sound File (08 March 2013), Super Eurobeat 222 (20 March 2013)

Special Link(s): EUROBEAT.go2id (SEB Album Collection Site) (New Site), Revive Music Section (Donation Tracker)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,407  ·  Replies: 17 
> Please can someone identify which album this ..., I've attached a track from it for people to sample!
Tofu
    Posted: May 19 2013, 02:19 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 41,546

Hi all

Been lurking a long time here but I finally encountered something worthy of asking.

I was clearing out an old hard drive today and came across a folder:

Initial D Special Stage NON-STOP MIX

I suspect the label is wrong. I ran a favourite track of mine, Night of Fire, and it's not one I've heard before.

I began a deep search (including the split non-stop tracks) of the 4.3 music collection that's floating around and I am unable to identify which album it came from.

I was wondering if anyone is kind enough to download the sample I've provided to identify which album it's from? As far as I can see/hear, it's definitely not in the 4.3 collection which I was really surprised about (as that collection has pretty much everything in it).

The folder unfortunately is not too helpful.

The following data is collected:
25 tracks (no tag info on any, all track 0)
It's a non-stop album, the music is a mix of Stage 1 and Stage 2 musics
The hard drive was not used since 2002
All of the tracks follow a similar pattern, it's definitely very upbeat/faster, and louder, and likes to add random lyrics (i.e. LETS GO! etc)/sounds every now and then
Despite the folder name, it is not the same music or track found in this album:

play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9x-49-en-70-2g1p.html

Tracklist (A-Z)

SPOILER

You can find the file in my dropbox account -- I hope this doesn't break any rules! I've had to reduce the quality from 192kbps) to a bit smaller (96kbps) due to my limited internet connectivity (was moving around!)

** link removed :: question resolved **

Due to my low post count I've had to take out the http and www as advised. Sorry for this in advance, but I do not wish to go around making 3 posts of nonsense just so I could post a link, and I suspect the mods might not like this!

Sorry if this track is obvious! crying2.gif

This post has been edited by Tofu on May 19 2013, 03:40 PM
kyonpalm
Posted: May 19 2013, 03:20 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

That version of Night Of Fire is the New Generation Remix, which can be found on the bonus disc of Super Eurobeat 086.

That particular track is from the third disc of Super Eurobeat 140. The tracklist you've provided matches perfectly. However, you must not remember the date you last accessed that drive properly. SEB 140 was released in 2003, not 2002.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on May 19 2013, 03:22 PM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Tofu
  Posted: May 19 2013, 03:39 PM

IDW Member

Sweet! Thank you very much for setting me correct and thank you for your time in checking and digging up the names for me.

As a result of this, I will take down the link; I consider this matter resolved -- I don't wish for my account to get flagged for extra traffic/activity, if you know what I mean wink2.gif

And yeh it was around that period, my bad. I know it was 2002-2004 so I just made a random best guess figure. 11~ years ago ... man time flies sleep.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: May 19 2013, 03:44 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tofu @ 4 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
As a result of this, I will take down the link; I consider this matter resolved -- I don't wish for my account to get flagged for extra traffic/activity, if you know what I mean wink2.gif

I highly doubt you'll garner that much traffic, but okay. Glad I could help answer your question. What make and capacity is that HDD, anyway?
Tofu
  Posted: May 19 2013, 03:49 PM

IDW Member

Hehe just staying safe!

The hard drive is:

Seagate Barracuda ATA IV
Model ST360021A
60gb

According to an online manual, 2001!

Nostalgic fun days ... 60gb was godsend. Now 3TB won't even satisfy.

I'm going to head to sleep, if there's any other replies/questions here I'll reply when I arrive at work tomorrow! Goodnight! happy.gif
Lebon14
Posted: May 19 2013, 05:32 PM

🎧

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,005

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 2 hours, 11 minutes ago)
That version of Night Of Fire is the New Generation Remix, which can be found on the bonus disc of Super Eurobeat 086.

That particular track is from the third disc of Super Eurobeat 140. The tracklist you've provided matches perfectly. However, you must not remember the date you last accessed that drive properly. SEB 140 was released in 2003, not 2002.

You nailed it. There are two "Special Stage" mixes. The separate release you, Tofu, linked and the smaller one that appeared has the 3rd disc on SEB140 like Kyon said. Myself, I even forgot that the one on SEB140 ever appeared and the only one that comes to mind was the Initial D mix that came with SEB175.

And, yes, 60GB were the days. I remember when I had a 10GB hard drive and 56k internet connection. Man, those were the days. And, yes, indeed, 3TB hardly does it anymore. Especially when you download almost everything in FLAC like me. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Tofu
  Posted: May 20 2013, 01:59 AM

IDW Member

Wow all your stuff is FLAC? What mp3 (err, flac) player do you use?

I mean, the thing I hate these days is, unless you hack your own one together, most only come in 8/16/32/64 gb at most. The current top one is Apple's iPlod Classic with 160gb when it comes to capacity.

Back in the 2003~2005 era, players were in the 80-120gb range (Creative comes to mind who competed with Apple), and widely available. I know times have moved on and such but it's absolutely painful to have a 16gb (seems to be average) device, whereas 32/64 devices cost substantially more (looking at you, iphone 4 / 5). Even then it's not enough.

However, the alternative is to get one of them "media players" i.e. Archos's ones which come typically large as they have movie viewing in mind.... actually, upon revisiting their homepage just now, it looks like they've stopped doing them altogether.

I'm a person of convenience, I would like to carry all my music (I don't care for movies) with me at all times. Choosing/swapping every week or less is very annoying/time consuming.

The other side of the argument is that I won't listen to it all. That is somewhat true, but as I get stuck in public transport lots, I occasionally do work my way through them. shifty2.gif

So with you using flac primarily, I doubt you can fit as much on your preferred device, unless you carry some sort of bigger device around (i.e. netbook).
Nomake Wan
Posted: May 20 2013, 03:31 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

PROTIP: Just because you download in FLAC doesn't mean that's what goes onto your portable device of choice. wink2.gif
Tofu
  Posted: May 20 2013, 04:39 AM

IDW Member

confused2.gif

My bad. I suppose logically my thought process went from: flac = huge = annoying to store = annoying to take around with you

So I started spouting on portable devices haha, was a bit of a frenzy on my part. w00t2.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: May 20 2013, 10:30 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tofu @ 5 hours, 50 minutes ago)
confused2.gif

My bad. I suppose logically my thought process went from: flac = huge = annoying to store = annoying to take around with you

So I started spouting on portable devices haha, was a bit of a frenzy on my part. w00t2.gif

He's suggesting that you would normally just convert to MP3 for use in mobile devices, leaving the FLAC copies for your hard drive.
Lebon14
Posted: May 20 2013, 02:33 PM

🎧

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 4 hours, 3 minutes ago)
He's suggesting that you would normally just convert to MP3 for use in mobile devices, leaving the FLAC copies for your hard drive.

Pretty much. Except that I prefer iTunes encoded AAC now for lossy stuff to carry around.
Nerubian
Posted: May 20 2013, 02:55 PM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 21 minutes, 54 seconds ago)
Pretty much. Except that I prefer iTunes encoded AAC now for lossy stuff to carry around.

Same here. derp.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: May 20 2013, 04:51 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 2 hours, 17 minutes ago)

Why? Better filesizes?
Lebon14
Posted: May 21 2013, 01:05 AM

🎧

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 8 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Why? Better filesizes?

No. Gives something near lossless. MP3 destroys the spectrum. Quite literally. However, I've remarked that iTunes encoded AAC gives a spectrum that, at first look, look like lossless but isn't. In other words, for lossy, it has much better encoding.

Lossless :
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

MP3 320kbps :
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1920 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

AAC 256kbps (nero aac) (encoded with dBPowerAmp) :
user posted image

AAC 256kbps (iTunes aac) (encoded with foobar2000 w/qtaacenc.exe)
user posted image

CODE
Encoding parameters:
--tvbr 113 --highest - %d

Nero AAC sucks even more than MP3. You should NEVER use it!

Additionally, if I lose the lossless version, then with iTunes' AAC, I will able to get something near lossless back from my mobile device. Btw, my MP3 player is a Sansa Fuze w/Rockbox third-party firmware. Stuff that rocks!
kyonpalm
Posted: May 21 2013, 01:27 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Lebon14 @ 22 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
No. Gives something near lossless. MP3 destroys the spectrum. Quite literally. However, I've remarked that iTunes encoded AAC gives a spectrum that, at first look, look like lossless but isn't. In other words, for lossy, it has much better encoding.

Lossless :
http://i.imgur.com/8ATyInW.jpg

MP3 320kbps :
http://i.imgur.com/Szj71ZX.jpg

AAC 256kbps (nero aac) (encoded with dBPowerAmp) :
http://i.imgur.com/zLb8h4C.jpg

AAC 256kbps (iTunes aac) (encoded with foobar2000 w/qtaacenc.exe)
http://i.imgur.com/oTuF9Sa.jpg
CODE
Encoding parameters:
--tvbr 113 --highest - %d

Nero AAC sucks even more than MP3. You should NEVER use it!

Additionally, if I lose the lossless version, then with iTunes' AAC, I will able to get something near lossless back from my mobile device. Btw, my MP3 player is a Sansa Fuze w/Rockbox third-party firmware. Stuff that rocks!

But who cares about all that when you're just listening to it on a mobile player? It's not a hi-fi setup.
Lebon14
Posted: May 21 2013, 11:40 AM

🎧

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Today, 5:27 AM)
But who cares about all that when you're just listening to it on a mobile player? It's not a hi-fi setup.

I'm using my MP3 player in my car most of the time. Like I said, my mp3 player is like an emergency archive. I can get some quality if I need it. That's my reason: better compression for about the same filesize.
Nerubian
Posted: May 21 2013, 11:56 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

Oh, no comparison with winamp's weird aac encoder? derp.gif
Lebon14
Posted: May 21 2013, 05:00 PM

🎧

QUOTE (Nerubian @ 5 hours, 3 minutes ago)
Oh, no comparison with winamp's weird aac encoder? derp.gif

I don't use Winamp beside when I want to play SNES emulated music. I used to, though.