Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) KAORI’S THEME

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

29 Pages  « 26 27 28 29  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 251,268  ·  Replies: 724 
> Questions and Answers, From trivial to complex questions
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 18 2013, 11:42 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (E30Six @ 2 hours, 53 minutes ago)
Bump 2 this question.. Was it ever answered?

Assuming the objective includes breaking the local records, it couldn't possibly be a perfect victory.

I don't know about Takumi breaking Joshima's time. They'd have to count his lap times during the race and I'm not sure if they did that or preferred to make them lone time attack runs and so didn't take one due to Takumi's inability.

This post has been edited by kyonpalm on Mar 18 2013, 11:44 AM
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Seri
Posted: Mar 19 2013, 09:29 AM

Quirks and Features of IDW
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 40,610

This has probably been asked, but I couldn't find anything. Does anyone have the coordinates for the most recent anime battle? Dunno if I can mention names yet.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
awddrifter
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 07:03 AM

なんでやねん

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 377

^
It was at Toyo Turnpike:
https://maps.google.co.jp/maps?q=%EF%BC%B4%...5bd17ac977b26,0

http://jef-minato.com/dfuukei.2012hakone.tanpaiku..01.htm
http://sionizumi.blog108.fc2.com/blog-entry-491.html

I think it's the only race that happens on a toll road!!!
It costs 700yen to drive on the turnpike, lol
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%AE%B1%E6%...%82%A4%E3%82%AF

Seri
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 08:26 AM

Group Icon

Ah, thanks.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Myrnn
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 12:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,421

Guys anyone know what shinigamis theme is from the anime and where i can get it?

SPOILER
Vortrex
Posted: Mar 20 2013, 01:15 PM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

QUOTE (Myrnn @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)
Guys anyone know what shinigamis theme is from the anime and where i can get it?

SPOILER

If you looked at the Initial D Music Section a bit more, you'll find out yourself! tongue.gif

Initial D Fifth Stage Sound Files

The one that starts at 0:25 is 'A God of Death: GT-R II' and the one that starts at 3.00 is 'A God of Death: GT-R I' ! happy.gif

See: https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=45117
For more information.
Seri
Posted: Mar 28 2013, 06:22 PM

Group Icon

I just realized. Is Itsuki's 85 an automatic? I don't recall ever seeing any gear shifting in it.

Edit: Never mind. It's a manual. I just saw it on episode 11 of First Stage.

This post has been edited by KyoukoFD3S on Mar 28 2013, 06:28 PM
KhanR34
Posted: Apr 1 2013, 12:54 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,993

Hey all. Really new here (ok, this is actually the first time i've joined any forum so I have no idea how this works derp.gif ). Also not really sure if this is the right place to ask but, We already have most of the chapters on this forum but the English translated version is still coming out at a snail pace. So I was wondering if they actually have the raw manga somewhere to view/download ?
Banken
Posted: Apr 1 2013, 12:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

QUOTE (KyoukoFD3S @ Mar 28 2013, 06:22 PM)
I just realized. Is Itsuki's 85 an automatic? I don't recall ever seeing any gear shifting in it.

Edit: Never mind. It's a manual. I just saw it on episode 11 of First Stage.

He wouldn't have bought an automatic.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 2 2013, 05:54 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (KhanR34 @ Today, 4:54 AM)
Hey all. Really new here (ok, this is actually the first time i've joined any forum so I have no idea how this works  derp.gif ). Also not really sure if this is the right place to ask but, We already have most of the chapters on this forum but the English translated version is still coming out at a snail pace. So I was wondering if they actually have the raw manga somewhere to view/download ?

English translated chapters are hard to find, but raw chapters? They are all over the Internet! For starters, YouTube... or you could just check out this topic https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=26510
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Apr 4 2013, 06:45 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

I'm just a little confused on the timeline in ID, especially pertaining to the events mentioned in Stage 5. I've not been following the manga, so correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.
As mentioned in Episodes 9-10,
3 years ago- Drama with Kaori-Shinigami started
2 years ago- Kaori's suicide
(Approximately) 1 year ago- Project D started

So how long has Ryosuke been racing on mountain passes? He was already famous as the White Comet in the beginning of Stage 1. From what I see in Eps. 9-10, it was probably Kaori who got Ryosuke started on serious racing (the part about how a man must chase his dream, etc). Or was Ryosuke already a racer when he met Kaori? How did Shinigami start racing on mountain passes, then? Did he take up the sport as revenge against Ryosuke, or was he already a great driver even before then?

I'm just too muddled up. crying2.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Apr 5 2013, 05:00 AM

The Blue Lightning

Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ Yesterday, 10:45 PM)
I'm just a little confused on the timeline in ID, especially pertaining to the events mentioned in Stage 5. I've not been following the manga, so correct me if I'm wrong anywhere.
As mentioned in Episodes 9-10,
3 years ago- Drama with Kaori-Shinigami started
2 years ago- Kaori's suicide
(Approximately) 1 year ago- Project D started

So how long has Ryosuke been racing on mountain passes? He was already famous as the White Comet in the beginning of Stage 1. From what I see in Eps. 9-10, it was probably Kaori who got Ryosuke started on serious racing (the part about how a man must chase his dream, etc). Or was Ryosuke already a racer when he met Kaori? How did Shinigami start racing on mountain passes, then? Did he take up the sport as revenge against Ryosuke, or was he already a great driver even before then?

I'm just too muddled up. crying2.gif

If memory serves, Ryosuke became a racer after Kaori asked him what's his dream. Maybe because of that, he got real serious in street racing and alone, hence the name "Akagi's Lone White Comet". Shinigami was into track racing (mentioned later in the manga) before the incident with Ryosuke and Kaori.

This post has been edited by Takahashi Rensuke on Apr 5 2013, 05:00 AM
farva627
Posted: Apr 15 2013, 06:38 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 40,646

Ok question.

Any word on if Fifth Stage, Battle Stage and Extra Stage 2 are going to be dubbed?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Apr 15 2013, 09:00 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (farva627 @ 2 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Ok question.

Any word on if Fifth Stage, Battle Stage and Extra Stage 2 are going to be dubbed?

No one has the license to those series in the USA. A single scene from Battle Stage was shown in an old TokyoPOP trailer for Initial D, however neither TokyoPOP nor FUNimation have that license.

As no one holds the license to release any of those series domestically, there is likewise no word on their English dub.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Banken
Posted: Apr 15 2013, 09:22 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 22,465

Ryosuke is 23 at the beginning of Initial D (24 now?) and I think it's safe to assume he started racing right after getting his license at 18. Keisuke mentions Ryosuke taking him to the mountains and scaring the crap out of him when he was still riding motorcycles, which would have been before he got his license (Keisuke is 21 at the beginning of ID, so it would have been at least three or four years ago). Keisuke would have been 16, which is old enough to get a motorcycle license in Japan when Ryosuke turned 18.

So he would have had already been racing before he met Kaori, although you can infer that he didn't start street racing until he met Rin Hojo, who taught him to love the mountains.

I'm going on the assumption that they got their licenses as early as they could, because they have money and they live in rural Japan, where it is normal to get a license, unlike in Tokyo where a lot of people never do.

This post has been edited by Banken on Apr 15 2013, 09:24 PM
sodasoda1
Posted: Jun 6 2013, 09:10 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 41,649

QUOTE (Kelvin @ Nov 4 2012, 07:19 PM)
Q: Besides the wideness of the mountain roads, any particular reasons most of the later races are "lead and chase fashion?"

In First Stage, only the Usui pass is lead and chase; while the rest are standard both-cars-take off type. While the lead and chase fashion mirrors real race on touge by DK, I think it is Shigeno's idea to drag the series longer. What do you think?

im guessing it all depends on how the opponents want to race. In earlier stages they did show us the viewers, what the opponents would like to do. Side by side, him first you first etc etc. I guess it doesnt really matter.

Unless like the home course for wataru when the road was super narrow, in that case is just dog fights
Vortrex
Posted: Aug 28 2013, 06:43 AM

1988 Toyota MR2 AW11, My Go-Kart AE86

Member No.: 38,745

Okay, what was the exhaust Takumi got in First Stage?
Is it the Fujitsubo MC50 or was it a TecArt?

Also 1 more: HOW did Takumi get that sound from his 4AGE back then.
We all know that the new engine has ITB and crazy mods.
But i want to know the specs of the First Stage Engine and especially how he got that sound...

Here are some previews:

http://youtu.be/evu7tvri6Jo?t=2m29s

http://youtu.be/4ZmLs0by_bw?t=1m41s (With Engine Pic)

I sat this weekend in a AE86 with only a custom exhaust and some filters and custom intercooler.
It still had the T-Vis but it's sound was different... (it has almost 140HP)

This post has been edited by Vortrex on Aug 28 2013, 06:44 AM
Seri
Posted: Sep 12 2013, 01:37 PM

Group Icon

Was Kaori's major in university ever mentioned? Just curious.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Sep 16 2013, 08:34 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ Sep 12 2013, 02:37 PM)
Was Kaori's major in university ever mentioned? Just curious.

I do believe that Kaori was also a medical student like Rin and Ryosuke since they attended the same university. Or maybe I'm totally wrong about all this, at this point in time someone else should come in and either prove me wrong or right... derp.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 17 2013, 03:57 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 7 hours, 22 minutes ago)
I do believe that Kaori was also a medical student like Rin and Ryosuke since they attended the same university. Or maybe I'm totally wrong about all this, at this point in time someone else should come in and either prove me wrong or right... derp.gif

He wants the name of the university, though.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Sep 17 2013, 05:32 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 1 hour, 34 minutes ago)
He wants the name of the university, though.

In what universe does the question, "What was Kaori's major in university" mean "What was the name of the university Kaori attended?"
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 17 2013, 01:21 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 7 hours, 48 minutes ago)
In what universe does the question, "What was Kaori's major in university" mean "What was the name of the university Kaori attended?"

Wow, I was completely devoid of reading comprehension there. I must have glanced over the question and my mind filled in the blanks incorrectly... I had just woken up, give me a break. laugh2.gif
cbb
Posted: Sep 19 2013, 07:01 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 41,683

namoke won give no break! HE BREAK! NO TALK! HE KILL!
Danceswithfoxes
Posted: Jul 1 2014, 07:25 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 40,067

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Apr 3 2007, 06:43 AM)
Merging into "Questions and Answers" pinned thread.

Answer: No one races an Eclipse.

The main character raced an eclipse in the 1st stage of Fast and Furious
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 4 2014, 08:33 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Danceswithfoxes @ Jul 1 2014, 08:25 PM)
The main character raced an eclipse in the 1st stage of Fast and Furious

I cannot even begin to explain to you just how defective you are. Jesus tapdancing hellfire this section has some real...wow.

29 Pages  « 26 27 28 29