Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Fifth Stage Sound File) THE BATTLE III

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 12,627  ·  Replies: 74 
> Debate: Greatest Race in Initial D, Not a Poll
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 02:50 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 43,964

The most entertaining Keisuke race was against God Foot. After that, it felt like he's always winning without much sweat, the same as Takumi. I think the Gods races were the most difficult one for both of them.

That race against Zero's S15 is really boring and easy (apart from "I Won't Fall Apart" song) that it felt similar to when Takumi was racing against Nobuhiko.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
  Posted: Oct 10 2014, 03:11 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

There was nowhere to go past that. He took down an R34 Nur driven by one of the best drivers in the entire series, in one of the best races in the entire series. Shigeno wrote Keisuke into a corner by playing that card too early. Keisuke could become faster, but without adequate rivals to display this against, it was a snoozefest every time.

The Godfoot race was a wonderful method of displaying how all of Keisuke's training was paying off. It took everything just to catch up to Hoshino, and even then he barely passed by to take the win.

How were his races after that?

- Kobayakawa: Eh, Keisuke isn't all he's cracked up to be. What a waste. Guess I'll zone out for a whi- AH SHIT HE SPED UP I SUCK.

- Minagawa: OOPS I TAPPED YOUR BUMPER I GIVE UP.

- Ikeda: Fog on the road? I've lost me mojo!

- Go: HE'S TOO FAST.

Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
HyperSonic
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 04:36 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 38,471

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 24 minutes ago)
- Kobayakawa: Eh, Keisuke isn't all he's cracked up to be. What a waste. Guess I'll zone out for a whi- AH SHIT HE SPED UP I SUCK.
- Ikeda: Fog on the road? I've lost me mojo!

These two people maybe considered 2 of the worst drivers in ID.

Kobayakawa was left wondering where Keisuke went. And Ikeda has not enough skill to fight a good battle against D. He just has a nicer car, I suppose. facepalm.gif
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 05:49 PM

IDW Regular Member

Yep, all that hype saying Kanagawa is the hardest (even Bunta said that) is for nothing lol

Here's something different :
Sometimes i wonder how would Shinigami do if he battle the DK from Tokyo Drift on the mountain in the final race, it will be a bump fest, probably both end up crashing lol

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Oct 10 2014, 06:22 PM
Gunma's 34
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 07:35 PM

The R34's chosen one

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 27,787

In fact, all of Keisuke's races except for VS Kyoko (fanservice + the track was his rival not the girl) and VS Hoshino (POWAHHHH) Were all too easy for Keisuke.

Minagawa could've given Keisuke more of a challenge if he didn't pussy out after tapping. Ikeda was OK, he's just too scared of the fog; if he didn't decelerate and was slightly more aggressive on the straights, he could've done better. He was good enough (or his car was) to keep up to Ryosuke and Rin's pace.

Kobayakawa wasn't even considered a challenge to begin with; nor were all of Keisuke's other rivals, Sakai's a trickster and that's about it. Wataru's a familiar face; you know how he goes, the Warus were a joke, Kawai was a disgrace, he only had power. It's like the moment an FD or GTR steps up to Keisuke, you know it's gonna be an a-game race or a B-game given Kyoko was a distraction. (minus Nakazato)

---------
Tessou
  Posted: Oct 10 2014, 07:45 PM

Group Icon

Really sad that with all the build up making Keisuke into a threshing machine, they never gave him the rematch with Takumi he deserved.

MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Oct 10 2014, 08:06 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 21 minutes, 37 seconds ago)
Really sad that with all the build up making Keisuke into a threshing machine, they never gave him the rematch with Takumi he deserved.

I don't think Takumi and the 86 is a match anymore for project D Keisuke and his FD. Takumi himself said Keisuke would beat him one day.

Tessou
  Posted: Oct 11 2014, 06:39 AM

Group Icon

One day doesn't necessarily mean "after Shinji" either. wink2.gif
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 07:41 AM

IDW Regular Member

True, but unless Takumi get a car that can rival Keisuke's FD, i don't see his chance of winning at all. The Impreza doesn't count imo.

Tessou
  Posted: Oct 11 2014, 08:02 AM

Group Icon

Nah, if they did have a rematch, I think they would treat it like the similar rematch with Ryosuke in Third Stage: no clear winner, just having fun battling each other since it would be an even match.

Keisuke can be blindingly fast, while Takumi can pull a clutch win out of nowhere. It's anybody's game.
BOZZ
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 01:03 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ Yesterday, 4:54 AM)
Didn't i say recreate it in fourth stage animation ? Lol

I do know about battle stage but this time recreate the entire series (from first stage to fifth) using the animation from fourth or fifth stage.

Oh and i don't think Keisuke vs Go Hojo was that interesting enough to be put in the list, it was boring imo

86 vs 86 however was great after Takumi got passed the first time. After he got passed, he sort of "awaken" and that when the race got better imo

Ah, I thought you just meant the races cause they were re-done using CG similar to what was used in Third and Fourth Stages.
Tessou
  Posted: Oct 11 2014, 04:53 PM

Group Icon

Reanimating the entire series, or any sort of remake, is pretty much guaranteed to never happen since there's no money in it. I don't think they're gonna bother with a Battle Stage 3, either.
MonkeyWrenchd
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 05:19 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (BOZZ @ 4 hours, 15 minutes ago)
Ah, I thought you just meant the races cause they were re-done using CG similar to what was used in Third and Fourth Stages.

Well i kinda mean the races only. What i meant is like this, the entire first stage character animation doesn't change, maybe just remastered it a bit to HD while the full races (with the dialogues and all) would use animations and graphics from fourth or fifth stage. Wasn't Battle Stage races got shorten so they can fit the entire races from First to Third Stage ?

This post has been edited by MonkeyWrenchd on Oct 11 2014, 05:20 PM
The Sixth Element
Posted: Oct 11 2014, 06:35 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

QUOTE (MonkeyWrenchd @ 1 hour, 15 minutes ago)
Well i kinda mean the races only. What i meant is like this, the entire first stage character animation doesn't change, maybe just remastered it a bit to HD while the full races (with the dialogues and all) would use animations and graphics from fourth or fifth stage. Wasn't Battle Stage races got shorten so they can fit the entire races from First to Third Stage ?

Yes but its only the battles so its a way for newcomers that never watched Inital D to understand the 'Hype' in some battles. Another way of saying it is that it capped 15 years of Initial D in 2 hrs. facepalm.gif
boldizzle
Posted: Feb 26 2015, 10:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 24,116

I'm late to the party here but here are mine:

Keisuke vs Hoshino - I absolutely loved the second round of the race when Hoshina overtakes Keisuke by charging towards the Cone.

Takumi vs Bunta - Although this wasn't an official "Race" as such, but Takumi still turned it into a battle by trying to outrun the unknown opponent and the way Bunta uses the gutter run at the same time as Takumi then overtakes him and speeds off down Akina coupled with the look of shock on Takumi's face just really made it amazing.

Ryosuke vs Hojo Rin - This race seemed to pull out all the stops and it was great to see Ryosuke race again not to mention have to survive several attempts to make him crash.

MatiReviews
Posted: Mar 2 2015, 11:41 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 45,178

Ryosuke vs Takumi
Nakazato vs Takumi
Hojo rin vs Ryosuke
mako vs takumi
eatsuki
Posted: Mar 4 2015, 06:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

For me, the best was Takumi vs Tomoyuki. The blind attack gave me chills.

Other great races:

Takumi vs Ryosuke, nearly as good as Takumi vs Tomo

Takumi vs Nakazato
Takumi vs Keisuke: the most clueless guy in the most unlikely car saving the day, really awesome
Takumi vs Wataru
Takumi vs Daiki: no one mentioned this one, but I liked it a lot. A lot of hype surrounding the Project D challenge. Daiki was a rare talent. I liked the strategy involved that exploited the arrogance of the Todou school. I wanted to see a rematch between these guys, seeing how Daiki and Smiley Sakai were following Project D around to observe them.

I liked BOTH Takumi vs Kai as well.
Takumi vs the Cappucino ( I think the driver was also named Sakai like the Todou Integra guy) was also a lot of fun to watch.

This post has been edited by eatsuki on Mar 4 2015, 07:01 PM
CharlieParker
Posted: Jun 1 2015, 04:14 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 41,907

QUOTE (Miura Seri @ Sep 27 2014, 12:34 PM)
I've got to agree with you on the Takumi/Ryosuke race for the same reasons.

Though, I've got a few personal favorites to add for my own reasons.

Keisuke/Kyoko. I don't care what anyone says, this is an amazing race. First off, it's an FD battle. I love the synchronization shots. The music choice in-anime, and in BS2 was perfect. It sets up a lot of background and character development for Keisuke. And of course, the romance fan in me can't not like the whole set-up. In my opinion, that arc was the best written. (Though sadly forgotten right away.)

Takumi/Wataru. Two completely different types of drivers with two completely differently tuned AE86s. Bunta giving his son direct advice, and telling him "Don't you dare lose." Again, the soundtrack. "Make Up Your Mind" by Wain L. is my favorite track from the anime.

And of course, one I'm heavily biased about.

Ryosuke/Rin Hojo. I love this race. I love the FC, and Ryosuke's my favorite character. To finally give him real background, as deep as it is for the series, was great. To finally see the White Comet of Akagi, Gunma's Rotary Genius, in battle again was just amazing. The techniques, the back and forth between the two drivers, in voice and otherwise were perfect. The music, again, amazing. Still would have liked "Forever Sad" by Hely and "Back on the Rocks" though. And of course, that ending. Ryosuke and Ikeda braking to save Rin was just... I don't even have words.

All in all, though, I have to give it to Keisuke/Kyoko. No one else will agree with me, but it means a lot to me.

I agree completely. The keisuke and Kyoko race was my favourite too although the darling stuff was a bit heavy but it got the point across. ....

It had it all in that race plus I'm a huge fd fan as well...

Sailor Venus
Posted: Jun 11 2015, 10:12 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,620

Takumi against both Takehashi brothers in First Stage.
Rudy
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 09:38 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)

This post has been edited by Rudy on Jun 16 2015, 09:40 AM
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 01:29 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Rudy @ 3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
I don't know how anyone doesn't have Takumi vs. Wataru at the top of their list. Not just the race itself, but the tension leading up to the race. We learned just little about cars Takumi actually knew in his Wataru ride-along - and Buna was even more curt than usual about not losing.

He had to learn his car's new dynamics (NOT just the engine), the unusual and fast paced rhythm of the narrowest course in the entire series, how to beat an AE86 with a way different driving style AND not slide off course on the sketchy pavement.

It was definitely one of my favorite arcs in the series, and Wataru's Levin is one of my favorite cars.

QUOTE (Rudy @ 3 hours, 48 minutes ago)
...and Wataru lost because of glancing at his fuel gauge, not turning Takumi's 86 into a Hummer.

Changing content around always bothers me, but it probably would have felt anticlimictic if they stuck with the original ending. Still no excuse, but that's probably why they did it.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
cutty2k6
Posted: Jun 16 2015, 11:49 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 45,567

Keisuke Vs God Foot Was Epic!!!
From from the soundtrack throughout the race (which one of my favorite songs to listen while racing is "So Fragile")...From Keisuke Giving God Foot A 7 Second Gap...God Foot With His Animated Sounds while Braking And Attacking Corners....Keisuke Catching Up to Him.....God Foot Amazing Braking During The Turn Around Point...And A High Speed Drift Battle At the End !?!? You Can't Beat That....

2nd.. It Would Be Ryosuke Vs Sudo Kyochi

3rd...Takumi Vs Tomoyuki ...Blind Attack !! Lol
Rudy
Posted: Jun 17 2015, 08:15 AM

Unregistered

kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 17 2015, 01:50 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Rudy @ 5 hours, 34 minutes ago)
It would have added an element of realism that, frankly, lacks in this series when it comes to winning/losing moves. Sometimes people just screw up.

In fact, later on, Wataru DID lose by another in-car distraction - his windshield wipers. So really following the manga in 86 vs. 86 turbo would have made more sense.

It's a shonen manga, exactly what kind of realism are we supposed to expect?
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Rudy
Posted: Jun 17 2015, 02:22 PM

Unregistered

3 Pages  1 2 3