Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Mr. M - Be The One

Views: 11,518  ·  Replies: 5 
> Initial D Reminisce
Initial D World
  Posted: May 24 2017, 11:22 PM

IDW Facebook Fanpage

Group: Staff
Member No.: 37,931

Summer is almost here. One can't help but reminiscing about the beginning of Initial D. The story began roughly at the same time of the year as it is right now. One day, the Akagi RedSuns challenge the Akina Speedstars for a race. Takumi, our protagonist, step up to the game and defeated the Redsuns' Keisuke.

Takumi was so reluctant to drive when he didn't have to. Driving was a hassle and chore for him at the time. As soon as Keisuke's yellow FD pulled ahead at the starting line and Takumi gave chase, Takumi felt something deep down. It was a sense of excitement, an unconscious urge to pass the car in front.

Takumi rationalize it by telling himself he just want to get this over with and then he can drive with no hesitation with a full tank of gas the day after. One can't help but wonder, what if Natsuki didn't ask Takumi out on a date that time? Would Takumi still want to drive up to Mt. Akina for a battle with the RedSuns? There would be no incentives for him to drive.

Without a doubt, this was a plot device by the author to advance the storyline. In other words, this had to happen. There is no what-if. That makes Natsuki a very important figure in the First Stage storyline. She was the romance and drama. Oh yes, drama. She was directly responsible for some of Takumi's behaviors throughout the series. You can even say without her, Takumi would not have gotten a new engine for the 86 in Second Stage.

It's really a love hate emotion when it comes to Natsuki. She was such a sweet girl. One would almost question, why must the author cause such conflicting feelings in us. Well, I guess that's what makes Initial D, Initial D.

| Editor's Note |
» This picture is a composite from a panning shot. It was painstakingly stitched together from multiple screenshots and color corrected. Do you have something similar from Initial D? Share with us in the comments.

| Sources |
» Screenshot from Initial D First Stage ACT.23「雨のダウンヒルバトル!」"Downhill Battle in Rain!"

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1048 x 1863. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Tessou
Posted: May 25 2017, 11:07 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Initial D World @ Today, 3:22 AM)
You can even say without her, Takumi would not have gotten a new engine for the 86 in Second Stage.

Bunta knew the engine was going to give up in the near future at that point. Natsuki's "night job" helped zero it in to an opportune time.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
umustwait101
Posted: Jun 3 2017, 09:35 PM

Osaka-kun

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 45,912

I, for one, don't really understand the Natsuki hate. It seems pretty obvious to me that she didn't realize what she was doing, and when she did, she chose to stop.
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 4 2017, 09:11 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Yesterday, 1:35 AM)
It seems pretty obvious to me that she didn't realize what she was doing ...

She was like 17, not 4.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:34 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

I for one... like Natsuki for all the wrong reasons laugh.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
umustwait101
Posted: Jun 13 2017, 11:47 PM

Osaka-kun