Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Yuzo Koshiro - Glory Days

Important Rules
• Please use the Search function before you start a topic. Posting a repeated thread will result in a verbal warning.
• Advertising without any actual participation in the forums is consider spamming. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
• Post Initial D / Automotive related merchandise here. Unrelated threads will be locked and the topic starter could receive a verbal warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 79,792  ·  Replies: 27 
> Initial D Collectible Card Game, .. anyone selling spares?
streetstyle
  Posted: Aug 10 2016, 05:32 AM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 45,169

I'm finding it harder and harder to get these cards to complete my set sad.gif

user posted image

Does anyone have any spare cards (must be in good condition/near mint) they are willing to sell?

I've tried to find and buy sets and booster packs but these are almost impossible to find now!

Any help appreciated.
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 11 2016, 04:43 PM

Alias The J'

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,596

I'm sorry to say this late to the game, gonna be highly improbable to do. I have an entire playset of the base set with the exception of the Trueno SE promo and Lan Evo Tournament Prize promo. I even have a custom print run of the unreleased set and a copy of the 86 mini DVD that came in one out of every 86 boxes of the game. The guys that have these that didn't throw them away for being worthless and generally a broken game are few and far between and those that have them are holding on to their cards because they won't ever reprint them. Good luck to you. What are you looking for anyway?

This post has been edited by JKaiba on Aug 11 2016, 04:44 PM
streetstyle
  Posted: Aug 15 2016, 12:57 AM

IDW Expert Member

QUOTE (JKaiba @ Aug 11 2016, 04:43 PM)
I'm sorry to say this late to the game, gonna be highly improbable to do. I have an entire playset of the base set with the exception of the Trueno SE promo and Lan Evo Tournament Prize promo. I even have a custom print run of the unreleased set and a copy of the 86 mini DVD that came in one out of every 86 boxes of the game. The guys that have these that didn't throw them away for being worthless and generally a broken game are few and far between and those that have them are holding on to their cards because they won't ever reprint them. Good luck to you. What are you looking for anyway?

Hi thanks fr the reply... do you have any pictures of the below (i.e. 86 mini DVD) just for reference as would like to see... also do yo have more information on the Unreleased Set?
JKaiba
Posted: Aug 15 2016, 02:49 PM

Alias The J'

Ricer's... I mean Racer's Edge. Unreleased expansion. http://www.tradecardsonline.com/im/selectC...t/0/cards_lang/

I'll try and get a pic of the 86 DVD card later but yeah it's a weird one. It was pretty obvious too which pack had it in there when I got it. I didn't even know it existed until I got it and found out that bit of trivia about its rarity from comments about the game from back when it was still in circulation.
streetstyle
  Posted: Aug 22 2016, 12:46 AM

IDW Expert Member

ok guys... so after a few days hunting I found 4 sets (3 sealed 1 unsealed). These have Black triangle Promo and are numbered out of 30.

Anyone know where these were given away at/for? or any other information on these?

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: unknown. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

JKaiba
Posted: Aug 22 2016, 11:17 AM

Alias The J'

These sets were given away at various conventions at Toyko Pop's booths. They were also sent as samples to various brick and mortar game stores. There should be an 86 demo deck an FD deck and an Evo III one (hardest to find). The card stock is slightly heavier and more grainy than the pack cards, the art is different from the final versions of the cards in the normal game, some of the game text has received errata for game balance purposes. My wife and I sometimes play both versions of the card and use the text as is alongside the 'fixed' versions of the cards just for flavor and to make things more interesting since we know the difference.
streetstyle
  Posted: Feb 11 2017, 01:36 PM

IDW Expert Member

Thanks for the info.... finally found out my cards from the loft... missing more than I hoped sad.gif

If anyone has any new/unused spares would be interested.....

On a side note, some of these cards have a shiny grey border, while others plain finish. I though this was only the rare cards, however I have a rare card in both styles sad.gif
JKaiba
Posted: Feb 13 2017, 01:23 PM

Alias The J'

It seems AEG went through at least two printers before they finally gave up on this game. Some of the demo decks/promo cards/ early release are likely in house printed or at least had one printer which accounts for the change in cardstock and print quality going to the box releases as well as the re-tweaking of the card art.
streetstyle
  Posted: Jul 19 2017, 02:01 AM

IDW Expert Member

Anyone have any spares for sale?

Hoping to one day complete the set!!
Protoman
Posted: Mar 12 2018, 01:55 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 9,956

QUOTE (streetstyle @ Jul 19 2017, 02:01 AM)
Anyone have any spares for sale?

Hoping to one day complete the set!!

Super late post but I have tons of doubles. Just PM me your list of what you need and I will see what I have. Bought a box a life time ago and as expected ended up with tons of doubles.

Contact me if you are interested in anything and maybe we can make a deal (email: protoman AT sympatico.ca)

Also to add, the Tokyopop Initial D DVDs had some pack in cards but they were exclusive to them
(Example the Initial D Volume 1 - Nissan Skyline SE - No numbering). This was for Volume 1-3, while Volume 4 came with a whole sealed pack of the booster packs (Opened it, nothing unique inside, just extra stock no doubt). Volume 5 and up (till the end of 2nd Stage and Extra Stage DVDs) they stopped included anything related to the Card Game

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1178 x 779. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
streetstyle
  Posted: Mar 17 2018, 03:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

dropped you a PM smile.gif
streetstyle
  Posted: Apr 30 2018, 09:16 AM

IDW Expert Member

So small update... I found some old post on a forum selling some cards, joined forum and messaged guy who still had them as they never sold.
Ended up buy them from him on the hopes I needed some.

Had a couple I needed, however as previous post the Black Triangle cards with the 86 are listed as A1-A30. This came with the EVOIII set which is listed B1-B30, so guess there is still a FD set out there C1-C30.

If anyone has any cards spare/unwanted drop me a PM smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image
angrypanda
Posted: Jun 26 2018, 02:53 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 50,005

not trying to necro the thread... but I was HOPING that someone might have created a .pdf of the Red Lan Evo from the prize pack... strangely enough I have about 6 guys here that play... and we have used .pdf to print the cards out on paper and then slide them into a sleeve with like some generic random magic the gathering mana card... if ANYONE has the red Lan Evo and would be willing to help me out I would be in your debt... I am planning a surprise for the guys at the next dead games day at the shop...

thanks in advance

This post has been edited by angrypanda on Jun 26 2018, 02:54 PM
eatsuki
Posted: Sep 6 2018, 03:12 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (Protoman @ Mar 12 2018, 01:55 PM)
Super late post but I have tons of doubles. Just PM me your list of what you need and I will see what I have. Bought a box a life time ago and as expected ended up with tons of doubles.

Contact me if you are interested in anything and maybe we can make a deal (email: protoman AT sympatico.ca)

Also to add, the Tokyopop Initial D DVDs had some pack in cards but they were exclusive to them
(Example the Initial D Volume 1 - Nissan Skyline SE - No numbering). This was for Volume 1-3, while Volume 4 came with a whole sealed pack of the booster packs (Opened it, nothing unique inside, just extra stock no doubt). Volume 5 and up (till the end of 2nd Stage and Extra Stage DVDs) they stopped included anything related to the Card Game

http://i68.tinypic.com/2evgi2s.jpg

Ah I remember seeing some cards on the internet with stats for characters, but they were in Japanese.

There were 5 stats, and I remember Bunta had 4 stats of 10 and 1 stat of 9.

Where Bunta had a stat of 9, Ryosuke had a 10 I think.

I remember Mako having 1 stat of 9 (the others were lower)

Kai had at 1 or 2 stats of 10.

Does anyone know the translation for the 5 stats, and where I can see the stats for all the characters?

RyosukeTakahashiReX7
Posted: Dec 26 2018, 01:09 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 28,735

I actually found 5 sealed booster boxes on Ebay the other day for about $400. I've only broken open 2 boxes worth so far but if anyone is looking for anything in particular, and I have multiple copies of it, I'll be interested in trading and/or selling. (Selling would be difficult given the market is nonexistent for these cards.)

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
streetstyle
  Posted: Jan 30 2019, 11:49 AM

IDW Expert Member

hey still after some to finish my set sad.gif

if anyone has anything drop me a PM smile.gif
vitexia7
Posted: Jul 2 2019, 12:52 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,035

i like it. :>
skippadude
Posted: Aug 13 2019, 11:14 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,130

Hey everyone,

I've just stumbled across this post and registered so I could reply, I have an assortment of cards for sale from Australia is anyone is interested? I dont know much about them but happy to provide details if you PM me,

Cheers

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image
streetstyle
  Posted: Feb 7 2020, 03:44 AM

IDW Expert Member

So decided that should actually try playing this game now I have a semi decent set of cards to make two decks.

Was going to use the promo packs, but they don't seem to have a track card so not sure how you were able to play those.

So going to use the deck packs, has anyone got the AE86 pack that could let me know what the MOD, TRACK or RARE cards found in this set are (mine have been all put into a folder and there is no deck-list in the original box).

I have ordered 2 new deck boxes (MR2 & RX-7) if these arrive Ill be creating a deck-list.
streetstyle
  Posted: Feb 12 2020, 12:54 PM

IDW Expert Member

So good news... the packs I ordered turned up smile.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1080 x 1080. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Have listed out what was included and now have some spares and can play some games smile.gif
Bighead302
Posted: Dec 13 2020, 05:48 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,920

Hello guys,

Just found this forum and decided to test my luck over here.

I'm really looking forward to complete my collection and I'm missing the following:

- 46: The Roar
- 54: Honor of the Local Team
- 77: Exit Acceleration
- 82: Grip the Corner
- 93: Pulling Away
- 169: Double Tank Nitrous
- 199: Takumi Tak Fujiwara

I have some rares doubles that I could trade in, or reasonnable price. Also I'm located to Canada.

Thank you and have a good one guys! 🙂

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
KRose13
Posted: Feb 12 2021, 11:38 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,065

Hey friends, so I know this topic is kind of hit or miss since people post and disappear and post again and disappear again. But I came across this place and I have something I felt people in this thread might be interested in. I went to GenCon 2003. They had goody bags for everyone that included all kinds of stuff, but one of the items was the EVO III Demo Deck mentioned elsewhere in this thread. I'd take a solid bet I probably have the largest total collection of these sealed demo decks - though kind of by coincidence, we collected extras of the goody bags people didn't want for like a booster pack or something else that was in them for a different game. I just happened to not get rid of any of them. So, if that's a thing you need to complete your collection, I may be able to help you. Just reach out. Pics included are one open and one sealed, but I have quite a few more sealed ones.

New poster, so it won't let me hyperlink, but go here for a pic: imgur.com/sHaQSNJ.
Lethal
Posted: May 13 2021, 03:29 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 51,826

Hey Guys close to completing my set and need only a holo 143: Underestimated, a GTR SE and RX7 SE.

The SE were free promo cards with the DVDs.

hit me up if you have any and let me know what you want.
riodah
Posted: Aug 25 2021, 07:43 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 52,550

Hi, is this card set still available on eBay?
this card merchandise is very rare in my country.
streetstyle
  Posted: Mar 17 2022, 01:18 PM

IDW Expert Member

anyone know what cards came with the Tokyo Pop manga?

I've just got a issue 9 & 11, with sealed cards.

Are these general cards or did they have a specific card included?

2 Pages  1 2