Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost) 芹澤優 - JUNGLE FIRE feat. MOTSU

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 15,942  ·  Replies: 71 
> Would a girl willingly ask for a ride in an AE86?
style86
  Posted: May 30 2010, 12:28 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,288

Question for the ladies, would you ever ask for a ride in an AE86?
mamorunl
Posted: May 30 2010, 01:32 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,137

You are asking this on an Initial D forum where the main character drives an 86. I guess you would be better off asking on an all-girls forum tongue.gif

Tessou
Posted: May 30 2010, 01:41 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I don't know any women that genuinely give two shits about cars. You'd probably just hear comments about how old the car is.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
ZeetherKID77
Posted: May 30 2010, 02:14 PM

Move it, bucko

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,311

I think if they were fans of the series they might. Or someone who works at FUNimation. wink2.gif

Tessou
Posted: May 30 2010, 02:58 PM

Group Icon

It's a common trait for women to be attracted to money, so an AE86 would not fit that description. You see more women looking at Porsche or Ferrari iron over much of anything Japanese automakers put on the streets.
Perry
Posted: May 30 2010, 03:00 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Yeah.. AE86 isn't exactly a chick magnet. Unless the girl is also an Initial D fan, chances are they will not ask for a ride in an AE86.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
style86
  Posted: May 30 2010, 04:59 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,288

I've had guys gawk over and ae86, few girls that comment how nice it is. Let's change the question around. Has someone (female) asked for a ride in your vehicle, any vehicle.
Tessou
Posted: May 30 2010, 05:02 PM

Group Icon

Sure, back when I had a 300ZX, because it was a sports car. Now I drive a common car and nobody finds it interesting besides myself.
Jezza_HR
Posted: May 30 2010, 09:51 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

Since I got my AE86 4 years ago, I've had 4 different girlfriends. The first of which was with me when I bought the car and found it to be fun after she watched Initial D. The second absolutely loved the AE86 and threatened to kill me if I ever sold it, and always wanted me to give her a lift despite the fact she had no interest in Initial D. The third could take it or leave it, she wasn't phased and my current girlfriend/fiancée didn't like the car to begin with but she's warming to it and is now offering to buy me new bucket seats and HID lights for it.

Generally, I've found girls don't seem to like the AE86 until they become familiar with it. I had one of my friends girlfriends say it was an old man's car to me recently. I had to ask him to slap her or at least tell her to gain some intelligence before she passes comment. Either way, you have to work to gain approval from most women.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: May 31 2010, 01:23 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

Why not? I'll gladly ask for/ accept a ride in an 86, FC, or any other cars. Contrary to what you people believe, women aren't such money-minded creatures that will only ride in expensive and showy cars. When I was 17 I used to ride in an old uncle's 30-year old junkcar everyday and never complained about it. Grow up people... dry.gif
Jehuty77
Posted: May 31 2010, 05:51 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 27,347

Owning 3 Ae86 I cna say one thing, the AE86 is a dude magnet.
Möbius
Posted: May 31 2010, 06:04 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (style86 @ Yesterday, 7:59 PM)
I've had guys gawk over and ae86, few girls that comment how nice it is. Let's change the question around. Has someone (female) asked for a ride in your vehicle, any vehicle.

Girls ask me for a ride all the time... cool.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Yoshida Seiji
Posted: May 31 2010, 06:06 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,634

My ex used to hate the AE86. laugh.gif She hated riding in mine. Complained a lot when I picked her up in it.

She loved the FD and FC though. :x
Sanae
Posted: May 31 2010, 06:30 AM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ 26 minutes, 42 seconds ago)
Girls ask me for a ride all the time... cool.gif

Mr Carver, you know they aren't asking you to take them somewhere in your car, right?laugh.gif

Answering to the OT question, I'm both a girl and an Initial D fan so, of course I would ask the lucky owner of the Hachi-Roku to let me sit in their car. In fact, if I ever get anywhere near California, I'm going to be paying a visit to Takumi Trueno so that he can show off that beautiful car of his.

That said, I'm with Kou-chan here, it's not the actual car that matters to me, it's more the amount of care and passion the owner has about it that moves me. Which is why I find most of the conversations that go on in the Automotive section very sexy indeed.

JKaiba
Posted: May 31 2010, 02:12 PM

Alias The J'

Member No.: 16,596

QUOTE (style86 @ Yesterday, 4:59 PM)

Yes... They initially are interested because it's something shiny, weird and loud. I usually warn them that the ride is uncomfortable and it has no radio or air conditioner. When they're cool with that. then sure. Most of the people that end up getting transported by that car are my fiance and her sisters anyway.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: May 31 2010, 02:28 PM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

QUOTE (Sanae @ 7 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Mr Carver, you know they aren't asking you to take them somewhere in your car, right?laugh.gif

Answering to the OT question, I'm both a girl and an Initial D fan so, of course I would ask the lucky owner of the Hachi-Roku to let me sit in their car. In fact, if I ever get anywhere near California, I'm going to be paying a visit to Takumi Trueno so that he can show off that beautiful car of his.

That said, I'm with Kou-chan here, it's not the actual car that matters to me, it's more the amount of care and passion the owner has about it that moves me. Which is why I find most of the conversations that go on in the Automotive section very sexy indeed.

Curious: Who's Takumi Trueno from CA?
AkinaSpeedStars
Posted: May 31 2010, 02:57 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 24,974

i don´t drive an ae86, but the girls here in germany are asking if they can drive in my S13 smile.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 700 x 525. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Sanae
Posted: May 31 2010, 03:50 PM

IDW Okamisan

Member No.: 19,388

QUOTE (|[ .tainted. ]| @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
Curious: Who's Takumi Trueno from CA?

The owner of this beautiful Hachi Roku replicar.
|[ .tainted. ]|
Posted: May 31 2010, 11:56 PM

IDforum OG member

Member No.: 141

Ah! I see. I thought it was a real Japanese dude who happens to be named, coincidentally enough, like the character and car in ID combined laugh.gif Pretty nice car though. Would be nice to see a vid of it in action.
Tessou
Posted: Jun 1 2010, 12:07 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (kou yuuzhen @ Yesterday, 5:23 AM)
Why not? I'll gladly ask for/ accept a ride in an 86, FC, or any other cars. Contrary to what you people believe, women aren't such money-minded creatures that will only ride in expensive and showy cars. When I was 17 I used to ride in an old uncle's 30-year old junkcar everyday and never complained about it. Grow up people... dry.gif

Allow me to reiterate my words:

QUOTE (Me)
It's a common trait for women to be attracted to money.

If we go with the metaphor of trading cards, common cards are many, but there are uncommon and rare variants out there. So far we've heard of a handful of women that would be interested in an AE86, which is great, but doesn't answer for all of them. For the most part, they won't be interested. Sometimes you'll find one or two that actually care about the car, but most of the time they just won't care.

Ladies, I'm glad you're presenting yourselves as better than the norm, but you should know by now that there are many women out there that are ignorant and more interested in shiny expensive things than anything with deeper value.
kou yuuzhen
Posted: Jun 1 2010, 03:19 AM

Point Guard

Member No.: 33,736

QUOTE (Tessō @ 3 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Allow me to reiterate my words:

QUOTE (Me)
It's a common trait for women to be attracted to money.

Sure, but you could have worded it better.
Some women sounds more appropriate, rather than just making the generalization "women". Anyway you're entitled to your opinion, so I won't say anymore. It isn't really an ID-related discussion in the first place... sad.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jun 1 2010, 03:29 AM

Group Icon

I think the idea got across, though, as you understand what I meant. I don't mean to offend by subconscious generalizing.
Saint
Posted: Jun 1 2010, 04:46 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

I talked about this with my friend once... Well, not exactly, but generally about people being interested in the 86.

Being someone who watched Initial D and played IDAS, I'd be stunned if I see an 86 drive past me IRL, especially one with a black hood. It happened once (it looked exactly like the ID version), so yeah... I was very happy when I saw it and almost exclaimed, 'WOW!!!' on the spot. XD

But I imagined, if I never touched ID, and not knowing what an 86 is, I'd probably shrug it off as an old man's car when I see one, though I must say that its body shape looks pretty good and rare.

I think anyone (guys and girls who are not into cars) would have preferred new shiny sports cars over an old 86. Lol.

As for the question; if they know about the 86, yeah of course, why not? happy.gif
Möbius
Posted: Jun 1 2010, 05:24 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Tessō @ 5 hours, 17 minutes ago)
Ladies, I'm glad you're presenting yourselves as better than the norm, but you should know by now that there are many women out there that are ignorant and more interested in shiny expensive things than anything with deeper value.

Just as the majority of men out there are too. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
McDuck
Posted: Jun 5 2010, 07:03 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 35,711

Back when I owned my 8 6 I had to carry a can of pepper spray in the car to keep the girls away. It was THAT bad. Now I drive a Tercel so it's all good. laugh.gif

3 Pages  1 2 3