Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Mugen

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 6 AA and 7 AAX here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. For anything about ver.5, please post them in the version 5 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 9,981  ·  Replies: 1 
> IDAS V3 Rev B slower than other versions?
Cheyne
  Posted: May 27 2018, 12:36 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,446

Hey Guys,

I’m based in Melbourne, Australia and I recently found a couple of Ver 3 machines near me in Preston at a Pool hall.

As someone who played this game pretty regularly back when it was new, I noticed that these particular machines felt a little slow. One thing that made me notice this was driving a basic tuned AE86 on Akina DH Dry and finding that shifting to 5th gear wouldn’t occur till just before turn two. This normally happens just after turn one. I could regularly pull 2:57’s when I was playing a lot, but now I struggle to get anything under 3:08.

After a bit of research, there were a few software revisions of the game. Rev. A, Rev. B and Rev. C.

Rev. B appears to be the slow one. The cars also feel much “skatier” at speed and feel like they’re on ice in some cases.

Here’s an example showing the speed difference: https://youtu.be/7bLM_Kbi8KQ

This was on an English machine. I previously played on JP machines.

Cheers!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: May 27 2018, 06:54 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Please do not make duplicate threads. You already wrote this in the correct (ver3) section.

**Closed**
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project