Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Atalanta

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

13 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 19,929  ·  Replies: 307 
> 100% Acceleration, Lets Talk....
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 9 2007, 12:44 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 26,091

I just wanted to know... Is there such a thing as 100% Acceleration technique?? Could'nt Find a topic like this... I dont think the "ask qns get an answer thread would be that effective as i think this shd be talked abt and discuss... to me PC does not mean 100% acceleration but what is the most effective way to get 100% accel baack??
hayowazzup
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 02:38 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 23,456

you are actually accelerating when u r cornering, but it decelerates after.. and then pc will boost ur car back to the acceleration as before u drift that corner. I don't think theres such technique since every corner is different, you just have to master each of them.

This post has been edited by hayowazzup on Oct 9 2007, 02:53 PM
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 06:46 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 25,572

QUOTE (hayowazzup @ Today at 2:38 PM)
you are actually accelerating when u r cornering, but it decelerates after.. and then pc will boost ur car back to the acceleration as before u drift that corner. I don't think theres such technique since every corner is different, you just have to master each of them.

Dude....
Have u EVER compared ur timing's wit the top player's vids?
And u see that ur ENTRY is faster BUT their ACCEL is MUCH faster even after u PC.....
So...
I guessing there is such a thing as a 100% accel=x
Or else u cant explain pple reaching their top spd's in certain maps.....
hayowazzup
Posted: Oct 9 2007, 10:40 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 23,456

yea, if u cant do it doesn't mean it's impossible for others,. btw have u got ur car full tuned?
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 9 2007, 11:08 PM

IDW Prime Member

Lols Echi U refering to urself??? but i really dont see that pc can help u recover pc 100% of the time... My car is FT liao but i just wana see if there's a way to recover acceleration 100%
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 03:56 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (xXNICKXx @ Yesterday at 11:08 PM)
Lols Echi U refering to urself??? but i really dont see that pc can help u recover pc 100% of the time... My car is FT liao but i just wana see if there's a way to recover acceleration 100%

sleep.gif
Juz watching vids~~~
And comparing players in my arcades hitting 3'02'xxx on akina and they are FT.... Their entry speed is faster=x

@hay: yup.... FT'ed FD Wat's ur timing btw? Curious=x fear2.gif
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 04:07 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

woohoo.. trust me.. mr2 on iro looks like it has recovered all the acceleration when you pc..
prismadiluce
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 05:12 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 16,434

QUOTE (xXNICKXx @ Today at 4:44 AM)
I just wanted to know... Is there such a thing as 100% Acceleration technique?? Could'nt Find a topic like this... I dont think the "ask qns get an answer thread would be that effective as i think this shd be talked abt and discuss... to me PC does not mean 100% acceleration but what is the most effective way to get 100% accel baack??

Works for me. I step on the gas a few centimeters while rounding the corners. Step too much and I'll experience understeer; step too low and I won't get a good recovery.

And hey, I think that we're on the same boat. I used to do PC's for cornering, but I found that it was rather exhausting. Now, I only PC when I hit walls, and do delicate accel techniques for cornering work.
xyeohts
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:24 AM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

i agree with prismadiluce all the way.. but it only works for FR.. it dont work for a FF.. FF have to dab the brake only the butt will slide... Usually dab brake then turn then accelerate gently.. not full recovery.. thats why Honda not the top notch car minus s2k..

@prismadiluce - agree with u on this!!
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:35 AM

IDW Prime Member

to shadow_z3r0: erm i think becuz mostly its at 3rd gear tat's why.... but then again cant other cars do the same thing??

I mean pc-ing is a technique but are there better ways to get back 100% acceleration... i mean like the start-up speed.... pc is only to cancel udnersteer and more impt to restart acceleration but is this restarting of acceleration a 100%??
Kfuse
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:36 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,542

QUOTE (xyeohts @ Today at 6:24 AM)
i agree with prismadiluce all the way.. but it only works for FR.. it dont work for a FF.. FF have to dab the brake only the butt will slide... Usually dab brake then turn then accelerate gently.. not full recovery.. thats why Honda not the top notch car minus s2k..

@prismadiluce - agree with u on this!!

Well obviously that don't work for an FF

realize FF- all weight is to the front of the car...

only way to slip past that I think is through LFB. which I'm pretty sure doesn't matter too much.
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 07:01 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 26,347

I only PC when I have to.. and i still believe that the PC is not the 100% acceleration technique, but rather it's just a part of it.. somehow.. i'm thinking that what separates us from the top guys would be their turning.. they somehow discovered how to use the steering wheel, the brake and throttle, as well as the shifter.. in such a way that the acceleration is at max, while the cornering speed penalties minimum..

but when you come to think of it.. it's great isn't it? To know that there can still be a lot of improvement in the way we drive.. happy.gif

This post has been edited by ichi-nii on Oct 10 2007, 07:02 AM
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 08:25 AM

IDW Prime Member

i see but pc-ing only recovers how much %% of the acceleration??
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 08:36 AM

Not Without Incident

Member No.: 22,878

*sighs*

PC recovers 100% acceleration except for one instance.

When you hit the wall. This is not very apparent on the lower gears but you will notice it when you shift to higher gears. If you hit the wall badly in a map, your power is already dead almost for the entire map. It affects your entry speed which will affect your exit speed which will affect all subsequent turns in the future.
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 08:46 AM

IDW Prime Member

erm i dont think pc does 100% acceleration.... correct me if i'm wrong but 100% acceleration would be as fast as start up speed....
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 08:51 AM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (xXNICKXx @ Today at 12:46 AM)
erm i dont think pc does 100% acceleration.... correct me if i'm wrong but 100% acceleration would be as fast as start up speed....

*sighs*

Whats your times pls?
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 09:00 AM

IDW Prime Member

its nt the times problem i was just wondering only.... my times are not tt good.... was just wondering only
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 09:10 AM

Not Without Incident

Because...

Its not just about the accel. Good times that you see on the vids of the fast players are taken from combinations or superb lining, proper handling and proper PC points. If you think that "oh, I do PCs but im not as fast as the vids," think about what I said.

PC brings back your accel 100% its like you never lost it. Like I said only time your accel is not in optimum efficiency even when you PC is when you hit the wall.
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 09:34 AM

IDW Prime Member

ooo so as long as i dont hit the wall gain and pc i will have that 100% acceleration back??
DamienWolf
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 10:07 AM

Not Without Incident

QUOTE (xXNICKXx @ Today at 1:34 AM)
ooo so as long as i dont hit the wall gain and pc i will have that 100% acceleration back??

Uhm... yeah?

If you dont hit the wall AND do not encounter wheel lock, you dont even have to PC.
echizenryoma
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 06:20 PM

IDW Prime Member

LoL...
Take the first right hand corner in akina....
Entry spd is 155km/h...
Exit is 138km/h...
No wall bangs no wheel locks..
AND YET, it accels nt as fast as the start-up ones=x

Only when i pc, the accel gets faster than the no pc accel....
ichi-nii
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 08:25 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 26,347

i don't pc at this turn.. doesn't seem to give me that much trouble.. hmm..
Kfuse
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 10:09 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 23,542

QUOTE (DamienWolf @ Today at 9:10 AM)
Because...

Its not just about the accel. Good times that you see on the vids of the fast players are taken from combinations or superb lining, proper handling and proper PC points. If you think that "oh, I do PCs but im not as fast as the vids," think about what I said.

PC brings back your accel 100% its like you never lost it. Like I said only time your accel is not in optimum efficiency even when you PC is when you hit the wall.

LOL wolf!!!!

spoken like a true Ryosuke... tongue.gif
n3muru_zha1
Posted: Oct 10 2007, 11:09 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 26,858

i don know what i'm doing is right or not but i think there will be a faster way to accel...i pc in the entry of the corner and do a pc again in the exit of the corner..and if i hit a wall..i do pc again...is that right??please teach me....but some cornering in akina...i think...even when i pc i still encounter the problem of (INVISIBLE WALL)somebody please teach me....I think WOLF is certainly a PRO right??coz he got a team in Philippine and he is a SEN-SEI!!!lol...
xXNICKXx
  Posted: Oct 10 2007, 11:24 PM

IDW Prime Member

i think the invisible wall is wheel lock.... haha but i still don get the thoery of pc but i think with wolf's explanation i sumhow am enlightened abit... haha

13 Pages  1 2 3 »