Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing B-East - Super Eurobeat Presents Non Stop Re-Mix [Project.D Ver.]

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

36 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 497,118  ·  Replies: 879 
> 新劇場版 NEW Initial D The Movie 2014.08.23, Trilogy Part One Legend 1 Awakening 覚醒
Meteor
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:17 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 20,929

I have just one wish for this. PLEASE, PLEASE... No PPV.

Theatrical Initial D Movie

No chance of PPV dude- Oh look N1 beat me to it.

So the movie's going to start right from the Takumi VS Shinji race? I guess they could stretch that one race out to around 60 or 90 minutes. Hope they come up with something decently written for the rest of it.

Here's hoping this isn't literally just an extended episode of Fifth Stage, with slightly better 2D animation, the same weirdly moving randomly teleporting cars, and the same sort of overall direction.
D33DO_R32
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:51 AM

Hell's Wyvern

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,541

summer 2014? too damn long to wait for crying2.gif
Perry
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 02:17 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (BURN_BABY_BURN @ 1 hour, 2 minutes ago)
Is it just the animated film, or is there another TV series as well? Source in the OP says the movie will wrap up Initial D while ANN says that will be done in another TV series.

QUOTE ( http://mv.avex.jp/initial/initial.html )
『頭文字D』18年にわたる漫画連載に幕——
それでも伝説は終わらない!

新劇場版『頭文字D』アニメ映画化決定!
2014年夏 公開!

「ヤングマガジン大アート原画展2013」で
映像を初公開!

さらに、アニメシリーズもラストバトルを描く
『Final Stage』の制作が決定!

Here's my rough translation...

"Initial D" serialized for 18 years in manga ---
The legend is still not over!

New theatrical version of "Initial D" anime film adaptation decided!
Released in summer of 2014

The first public video will be released in "Young Magazine Original Art Exhibition 2013"

In addition, the production to draw the last battle in the anime series "Final Stage" has been decided!

So it looks like we do get a short anime series called "Final Stage" that continue where Fifth Stage left off. We are also getting an anime film adaptation that's being tentatively called the New Initial D The Movie that's coming out in summer 2014. There is no date on the "Final Stage" though. This is where it might get crazy, the 2-hour movie might actually redo some of the races shown in Fifth Stage with bigger production budget. Maybe they thought they screwed up also. Who knows.

More information should surface on the net by 7/26. Wait a few more days.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
hackgrid
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 02:37 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 16,046

A new series and a all new movie? Sounds great smile.gif
I guess we have to wait until 2015 to see the movie then (until the bluray comes out) , or are there cam releases of movies in Japan too?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Tessou
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 08:30 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Odd are that this Final Stage will be something like Extra Stage and be an OVA.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 08:32 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (BURN_BABY_BURN @ 7 hours, 23 minutes ago)
Is it just the animated film, or is there another TV series as well? Source in the OP says the movie will wrap up Initial D while ANN says that will be done in another TV series.

It's not clear exactly what it is from the promotion. All it says is, "The Anime Series too will represent the last battle in 'Final Stage'!" It doesn't say that Final Stage is a series. If it had, the phrasing would have been like 'TVシリーズでラストバトルを描く'. However, that's not what the image says. All it says is that the last battle, now that it's been covered in the manga, will be covered by the Anime in 'Final Stage'.

There's no additional information. Anyone saying otherwise--whether it's the first post of this thread, the official thread in Announcements or ANN--can't read Japanese.

EDIT:

QUOTE (D33DO_R32)
summer 2014? too damn long to wait for

Six years for Fifth Stage and you can't wait a single year for the movie? Wow.

This post has been edited by Nomake Wan on Jul 22 2013, 08:33 AM
RedsunsF1
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 08:36 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

This news keeps getting better and better smile.gif

I'm glad we have more stuff to discuss about here on the forum.
PWNatorPWNED
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 08:43 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 41,831

CAN. NOT. WAIT.
eatsuki
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 09:02 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 29 minutes, 41 seconds ago)
It's not clear exactly what it is from the promotion. All it says is, "The Anime Series too will represent the last battle in 'Final Stage'!" It doesn't say that Final Stage is a series. If it had, the phrasing would have been like 'TVシリーズでラストバトルを描く'. However, that's not what the image says. All it says is that the last battle, now that it's been covered in the manga, will be covered by the Anime in 'Final Stage'.

So does this mean that the last battle in the manga is also the last battle of the series? So the animated movie will have no LATER battles? (like Takumi vs Keisuke 2 or Takumi vs Bunta) edit: Or maybe last could mean "most recent", in that case we might see new battles too

If the animated movie has a duration of 162 min or 175 min like the longest animated movies you guys listed, that would be cool. But if they don't show any NEW races, I think it might be around the 100 mins of Third Stage or shorter.

I would prefer a NEW race in Final Battle animated movie, but if they just show Takumi vs Shinji then a LOT of dialogue to wrap up all the unanswered plot questions that would be good too. Good but not great.

But personally, I think a theatrical released movie is something that MUST have eye candy/go out with a bang to keep the casual viewers interested. So I think we may see Takumi vs Keisuke or Takumi vs Bunta, at least one new race biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by eatsuki on Jul 22 2013, 09:05 AM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 09:09 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 6 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
So does this mean that the last battle in the manga is also the last battle of the series? So the animated movie will have no LATER battles? (like Takumi vs Keisuke 2 or Takumi vs Bunta) edit: Or maybe last could mean "most recent", in that case we might see new battles too

If the animated movie has a duration of 162 min or 175 min like the longest animated movies you guys listed, that would be cool. But if they don't show any NEW races, I think it might be around the 100 mins of Third Stage or shorter.

Yes it means that the last battle of the manga is the last battle of the series. It didn't say 'latest', it said last. Last. Final. The end. Period.

No, it's not going to have the same duration as Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya or Final Yamato. Period end of story. It'll be closer to Third Stage, because they clearly don't have the budget to put together a top-quality product.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 10:01 AM

Group Icon

Probably won't have the great look of Third Stage, though. They put a lot of work and love into that movie.
Jezza_HR
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 10:11 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 8,289

QUOTE (Tessou @ 9 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
Probably won't have the great look of Third Stage, though. They put a lot of work and love into that movie.

If it's a theatrical release it should look pretty good. I don't think they will put the same care in as Third Stage, but I remain hopeful. But then I did the same for Berserk and look what that got me dry.gif
Tessou
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 10:22 AM

Group Icon

^ Look at the Berserk manga... it's also full of facepalm. It's been over a decade and Guts is still basically right where he was after the crimson behelit incident.

I saw the recent Berserk movie treatments and thought the old anime series was better. Smooth animation and full frontal nudity doesn't make a new version better.
Lett
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 10:56 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 32,242

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 23 minutes ago)
QUOTE (D33DO_R32)
summer 2014? too damn long to wait for

Six years for Fifth Stage and you can't wait a single year for the movie? Wow.

This lol, waiting a year for a new stage just doesn't seem right laugh2.gif Everything is happening too fast
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 11:33 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Jezza_HR @ 1 hour, 22 minutes ago)
If it's a theatrical release it should look pretty good.

If Fifth Stage is anything to go by, hah. My guess is it'll look just like Fifth Stage but be feature-length.
Perry
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 11:43 AM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 9 minutes, 6 seconds ago)
If Fifth Stage is anything to go by, hah. My guess is it'll look just like Fifth Stage but be feature-length.

Hopefully we'll find out who's making it in a few days when the new announcement from the art show surfaces the net. They better change the studio that made Fifth Stage for the movie. pinch2.gif
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Jezza_HR
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 11:43 AM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)
^ Look at the Berserk manga... it's also full of facepalm. It's been over a decade and Guts is still basically right where he was after the crimson behelit incident.

I saw the recent Berserk movie treatments and thought the old anime series was better. Smooth animation and full frontal nudity doesn't make a new version better.

Oh, I'm a big fan of the Berserk manga, Miura has become so particular about his work that he takes so many breaks to get everything to his standard. The last chapter/episode release was back at Christmas as they're finally getting to the point in the manga where Casca regains her sanity. It's a very in depth story but the new films really bastardized a load of the characters. Studio 4C was the worst choice it would seem.

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 20 minutes ago)

True, Fifth Stage wasn't a great step above Fourth Stage animation-wise, but then if you look back to Second Stage versus Third Stage there was a decent leap in quality there, I would hope for something similar here as they're putting all their creative efforts into one feature length production.

This post has been edited by Jezza_HR on Jul 22 2013, 11:47 AM
eatsuki
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 12:00 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 2 hours, 51 minutes ago)
Yes it means that the last battle of the manga is the last battle of the series. It didn't say 'latest', it said last. Last. Final. The end. Period.

No, it's not going to have the same duration as Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya or Final Yamato. Period end of story. It'll be closer to Third Stage, because they clearly don't have the budget to put together a top-quality product.

I see, thanks for the clarifications. Without a new race, they better go heavy on the story development and tie up any loose ends. Hope Mogi shows up too.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 12:04 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Jezza_HR @ 19 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
True, Fifth Stage wasn't a great step above Fourth Stage animation-wise, but then if you look back to Second Stage versus Third Stage there was a decent leap in quality there, I would hope for something similar here as they're putting all their creative efforts into one feature length production.

In the past, they seemed to have more 'love'. Now they don't seem to care. Unless a completely different studio is handling the movie, it's practically guaranteed to be the same thing as Fifth Stage but longer.

QUOTE (eatsuki @ 1 minute, 32 seconds ago)
I see, thanks for the clarifications. Without a new race, they better go heavy on the story development and tie up any loose ends. Hope Mogi shows up too.

If it happened in the manga, it'll happen. If it didn't, don't bet a single cent.
Jezza_HR
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 12:28 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 24 minutes, 28 seconds ago)
In the past, they seemed to have more 'love'. Now they don't seem to care. Unless a completely different studio is handling the movie, it's practically guaranteed to be the same thing as Fifth Stage but longer.

Let's hope they give this the love it deserves, since Initial D could still be a fairly decent draw for a theatrical release if it's marketed correctly. Saying that though, the animation for Fifth Stage wasn't bad, it was the immense chopping of scenes they did to finish it that seemed to make it the mess it was.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 12:41 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Jezza_HR @ 13 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
Let's hope they give this the love it deserves, since Initial D could still be a fairly decent draw for a theatrical release if it's marketed correctly. Saying that though, the animation for Fifth Stage wasn't bad, it was the immense chopping of scenes they did to finish it that seemed to make it the mess it was.

Oh you mean besides the 3D being just like it was in Fourth Stage, the character designs all being generic molds of the same basic facial layout, and all the 2D artwork being completely flat and static? Let's not even mention all the times they screwed up sound effects.

But no, you're right, the only thing that made Fifth Stage a mess was chopping some scenes here and there. derp.gif
Jezza_HR
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 12:52 PM

IDW Regular Member

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 11 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Oh you mean besides the 3D being just like it was in Fourth Stage, the character designs all being generic molds of the same basic facial layout, and all the 2D artwork being completely flat and static? Let's not even mention all the times they screwed up sound effects.

But no, you're right, the only thing that made Fifth Stage a mess was chopping some scenes here and there. derp.gif

I had no real issues with the CGI animation, since I liked how it worked in Fourth Stage. Yes, it would have been nice to get an update but it's not exactly horrendous, certainly not in the same way that some CGI animation has been incorporated in various other anime series.

The character models (Ryosuke especially) did leave little to be desired, but then that has always been the way with previous stages. I remember people complaining about Ryosuke having purple hair and Keisuke looking like he was in Super Saiyan mode in Fourth Stage. Third Stage set the benchmark for this in my opinion.

As for the sound effects, I probably need to go back and check several of them out, since I haven't really paid too much close attention to them in all honesty, but as far as other sounds go, I will say the use of Eurobeat was nowhere near as good as previous stages.
Tessou
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 12:53 PM

Group Icon

Fifth Stage showed me just how far off the deep end this series has gone.

Also, considering this will probably be made by the same idiots: fool me once...

No thanks. This just looks like a cash grab.
SkyDuDe
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:03 PM

The Crazy Portuguese

Member No.: 35,856

user posted image
Good news, Now lets wait 1 year tongue.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jul 22 2013, 01:04 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (SkyDuDe @ 1 minute, 34 seconds ago)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5zyk2Fu...v0o1_r1_400.jpg
Good news, Now lets wait 1 year tongue.gif

I would save that image for news of the movie being done by a company other than who handled Fifth Stage. If it's done by the same people, I don't see why it would change your faith in humanity. wink2.gif

36 Pages  1 2 3 4 »