Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing Takumi Shouri!

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

12 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 20,971  ·  Replies: 298 
> Call of Duty: Black Ops, Out November 2010
Phantom_R32
Posted: Nov 3 2010, 04:37 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,277

I'm getting it for PS3. My PSN is in my sig so feel free to add me.
Tessou
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 02:49 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (APX @ Yesterday, 4:22 PM)
Fine with me, more points and levels and free wins for me. smile.gif

Exactly. There were so many kids in Reach that were just plain awful at FPS in general. You'll have fun with them. smile.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
am3pkcet
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 10:46 AM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (Tessou @ 7 hours, 56 minutes ago)
Exactly. There were so many kids in Reach that were just plain awful at FPS in general.

I thought that was Halo's target demographic to begin with. tongue.gif
MR_2
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 11:36 AM

Radeon Force

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

CoD is overrated and it's a game for non-brain players, all you do just crouch and hide in the dark and then kill everyone walks by. Boring...I'd rather play Freecell the card game than this overrated game. happy.gif
Phantom_R32
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 12:00 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

QUOTE (MR_2 @ 23 minutes, 16 seconds ago)
CoD is overrated and it's a game for non-brain players, all you do just crouch and hide in the dark and then kill everyone walks by. Boring...I'd rather play Freecell the card game than this overrated game. happy.gif

That has to be the most biased comment I've seen so far in this topic.

With that kinda of idiotic logic pretty much all shooting games are for "non-brain" players. Seeing how there's campers wherever you go. Like most other shooting games, most players will move around to get their kills. There's only a small portion of the community that actually camps.

herp derp, video games are overrated.
Tessou
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 12:39 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ 1 hour, 53 minutes ago)
I thought that was Halo's target demographic to begin with. tongue.gif

Like all things that become popular, asshats take notice and jump on the bandwagon. Halo's multiplayer became a "flip the coin" matter in terms of player quality pretty much ever since Halo 3, when Live became the norm instead of an option.

Seriously, I still find idiots on the Bungie forums starting every post with "I'm a General Grade 4 and so this post is better than yours". I get a chuckle out of those douchebags.

But back to COD since we're veering out of bounds. I used to be big into it, but I learned that I just wasn't that good at it. I tried my hand at MW and MW2, and grew tired of the games chock full of people all using the same weapon set and dirty tactics to get points. It's fun for a while, but it's just not for me. An observation of some people that are jumping ship from Halo to Black Ops has me worried that Black Ops is only going to be the exact same shitfest. Nothing against COD as I'm sure it will be a great game, just the community is full of far too much testosterone and bullying for my tastes.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Solid Snake
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 12:43 PM

A Legend in my Own Mind

Member No.: 599

Man, I love setting up a tent and killing people that walk by unsuspecting, cause I know how mad it makes people. Better players check their corners and don't really have a problem with people that camp. Plus, the more you play, the better you get a figuring out where people camp, where to camp and what kit you need for a map. Though, I think they went alittle crazy with the perk thing, but without perks, it would just be another Counter-Strike clone.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 06:35 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

QUOTE (Tessou @ Today, 4:39 PM)
But back to COD since we're veering out of bounds. I used to be big into it, but I learned that I just wasn't that good at it. I tried my hand at MW and MW2, and grew tired of the games chock full of people all using the same weapon set and dirty tactics to get points. It's fun for a while, but it's just not for me. An observation of some people that are jumping ship from Halo to Black Ops has me worried that Black Ops is only going to be the exact same shitfest. Nothing against COD as I'm sure it will be a great game, just the community is full of far too much testosterone and bullying for my tastes.

Having watched my brother play on his 360 (He has a PS3 as well, though) and me being on the PS3 side of things, it seems like because the 360 has a broader online community than the PS3, you also have a greater chance of playing with tards more often on the 360 than on the PS3...Not that I haven't seen my fair share, but I see more dumb and rage-quitting people when my brother plays on the 360...

I've gotten back into playing MW2 and oddly enough enjoying it...I don't know why or how, but with all the bullshit that can go on in MW2, I've learned a couple tactics to play around the stupid stuff, while at the same time accepting MW2 is too random of a game to allow for any type of gameplay consistency...Tips and tactics don't always work, and you can be on f**king top of it in one match and then totally suck ass on the next...

I held a copy of Black Ops at work today; It was beautiful... grin2.gif Great thing about working backroom at Target; I get all sorts of sneak peaks at new products before anyone gets a chance to even look and buy it off the floor...I want to get the game, but I think I can wait and ask it for Christmas so I have something to ask and look forward to for Christmas...Either way, the single player story mode is what I would be getting the game for anyway; I like to be entertained with a story, and multiplayer would just be justification for replay...
brian mayhem
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 06:39 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

Saw a stream on JTV with someone already modding it.

Here we go again.
APX
  Posted: Nov 4 2010, 07:00 PM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Modding it in terms of "Dark Ops" ? Then that's a little easter egg in the main menu, some sort of arcade game.

Also, camping won't really be a big problem in the game, since you'll have to move around to get your next killstreak (They took out the MW2 killstreak thing, aka I got a harrier strike, I can easily get 4-6 more kills for my next killstreak) Your going to have to earn it by killing with your gun, the killstreaks themselves will only give you the points for the kill.

So i'm hyped about it.
MR_2
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 07:27 PM

Radeon Force

Group: Members
Member No.: 892

QUOTE (Tessou @ 6 hours, 48 minutes ago)
Like all things that become popular, asshats take notice and jump on the bandwagon. Halo's multiplayer became a "flip the coin" matter in terms of player quality pretty much ever since Halo 3, when Live became the norm instead of an option.

Seriously, I still find idiots on the Bungie forums starting every post with "I'm a General Grade 4 and so this post is better than yours". I get a chuckle out of those douchebags.

Yeah by small population community do you mean, nearly 75% players camp in the map when I play CoD all the time? I just walk out and immediately they snipe me.
I don't think Counter Strike or games like Battlefield would be the same. C'mon, we all know Battlefield can actually tell you where the enemy is located at. Plus, CoD doesn't really require much team work as Battlefield.
APX
  Posted: Nov 4 2010, 07:40 PM

Killcams/ the red dot that appears when they shoot don't tell you where they are at? You must be one very crappy player then. biggrin.gif
am3pkcet
Posted: Nov 4 2010, 10:17 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

QUOTE (MR_2 @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
Yeah by small population community do you mean, nearly 75% players camp in the map when I play CoD all the time? I just walk out and immediately they snipe me.

Unless you are playing exclusively in Hardcore mode, you get to see every death from the perspective of your killer. If they kill you more than once from the same spot using the same tactic, that's your fault. Not theirs.
APX
  Posted: Nov 5 2010, 01:25 PM

^ That too, I mean, it's call of duty, possibly the easiest game to know where people are camping/sniping at.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Nov 7 2010, 02:07 PM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

lol..........

The unlimited care package glitch is already back. I know Treyarch will patch it quickly.(hopefully before the game officially releases) But you'd think Treyarch would have the common sense to check for glitches that were popular in MW2.
APX
  Posted: Nov 7 2010, 03:01 PM

Won't really do any good at the beginning anyways, unless someone is playing non-stop to get that little perk or whatever to make them pick what they want to come out of it.

Also alot better than the Gorilla running.
bearbox
Posted: Nov 7 2010, 03:18 PM

AURIS

Member No.: 14,488

After a few months of anticipation, I was extremely excited to be going to tonight's midnight release of the game. However, I've got my end of semester first thing tomorrow morning. Looks like I've got to pick up my copy after uni tomorrow mad.gif
APX
  Posted: Nov 7 2010, 03:26 PM

At first I was like "Tonight?" Then I realized your from aus. <.<
HashiriyaR32
Posted: Nov 7 2010, 09:14 PM

Unlimited Request Works

Member No.: 18,031

Ba-bump, ba-ba-ba-bump
APX
  Posted: Nov 7 2010, 09:18 PM

Thanks hashi. Now, just got some more info on the Prestige stuff.

Player Rank Unlocks
4 Create a Class
5 Contracts
6 Clan Tag
8 Game Mode Challenges
10 Killstreaks, Killstreak Challenges, Playercard Emblems
13 Combat Record
15 Medal Challenges
16 Gun Emblems
19 Gun Tag
20 Elite Challenges
22 Camo
25 Custom Reticules
28 Custom Lenses
30 Final Challenges
31 Facepaint
50 Prestige Mode
Prestige 1 Prestige Leaderboard, Custom Class 6
Prestige 3 Custom Class 7
Prestige 5 Custom Class 8
Prestige 7 Custom Class 9
Prestige 9 Custom Class 10
Prestige 11 Face Tattoos
Prestige 13 Clan Tag Colors
Prestige 14 Golden Camo
Prestige 15 Prestige Playlists

Maybe The Golden Camo will be free at 14th? Not sure, since I don't have the game early. And i'm sure it'll take a couple of months (Since we can no longer boost) before we will be able to see what the prestige playlists is going to include.
Phantom_R32
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 12:03 AM

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

I heard leveling up doesn't take as long anymore. According to one of the youtube commentators I'm suscribed to, if you're a decent player, you can prestige in a day.
brian mayhem
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 04:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

Prestige in Black Ops is comparable to that of WaW.
Jardim
Posted: Nov 8 2010, 06:50 PM

Willing to throw 5's on the blunt your smoking.

Member No.: 15,519

2 hours and 10 minutes until i go get it. Anyone getting it for the PS3? if so don't be a stranger! PSN: mrjardim
imprezagc8
Posted: Nov 9 2010, 05:21 AM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

i want to get this game today... but i didn't get paid yet ><
APX
  Posted: Nov 9 2010, 06:45 AM

Whoever has me on their list on xbox, be sure to send me a invite, if you are by yourself and looking for some people to rape with, send me a message and i'll send you a invite.

I have to wait 5 more hours... oh well, I can practice on MW2.

12 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »