Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Cold Strain

Important Reminder
Maximum size limit for signature is 150KB. (153,600 bytes)
All images must fit within the 600 (width) x 200 (height) dimension limit for your signature.

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 8,229  ·  Replies: 1 
> Image Ready Tutorial, Animated .gif
Evolution
  Posted: Sep 18 2004, 01:04 PM

Moo!!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 657

I can do the tut for gif animation for imageready. Its not that hard.

1. Find a clip of something you want to make a small clip. I suggest using a vid that is a .mov file. I find these work best with Imageready.

I'm going to use a trailer from Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 3: Chaos Theory.

2. Now in Imageready open the file. Now there will be a window prompting to to choose the range to import. I say you should only choose a scene thats around 5 secs. Use these settings for importing the file:

user posted image

3. Right now you have something like this size:

user posted image

Now its time to resize your gif. Now go to Image> Image size. Now for the dimensions the max size for an avy on this forum is 100 x 100. Try to make it as close as possible to that.

4. Now its time to save what you have. Go to File>Save Optimized. Then save it whereever you want. Now your done.

This my finished product:

user posted image

I know mine is alittle longer than I suggested, but its bigger than this board allows to be your avy. So better your make yours under 5 secs.

BTW I bet I have some typos in there, but too lazy to proofread.

This post has been edited by Evolution on Sep 18 2004, 01:06 PM
Benji
Posted: Sep 19 2004, 08:34 PM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 891

Nice Evolution, I'm gonna see if we can make a branch for tuts, or i'll just sticky them up here.