Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Parradise - Give Me Something Real

Important Rules
Please READ this topic before starting a topic in this section. And remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

• This section is on a basis of member-helping-member, no one is obligated to answer your questions.
• People are taking their own time to answer your question(s), be thankful and appreciate helps from the others.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,216  ·  Replies: 20 
> Im mad! looking to change from the 86... what car?
fernando_khan
  Posted: Jun 5 2006, 05:55 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,205

I absoloutley love my 86 (trueno a-tune).. however im always finding it really hard to win in battles on an uphill and rain! in the dry its a beast and on akina we know theres nothing like it but now looking to change to something a little more powerful and better suited in other conditions and tracks.

from what ive heard the rx8 is the best all rounder but what car is closest to the 86 in terms of the way it handles for uphill and wet? im soooo used to it and dont want to have to try every single car to make a decision which one i want... anyone know much about the fc3s?

maybe someone with both cars can share some light?

many thanks
fk
Levin_86
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:04 AM

underpowered Alliance leader

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 17,990

the only advice i can give u is that to try the evo 4, or like u said the rx-8 or the gc8v, it handles easy .... or the rx-7 cars.. those car are really popular with people playing Id

but like my name//, i ply tought carz like levin 86 and evo 6, but my main car is still a Gc8v and a evo 4, well i have a FD3s which i hardly use and use for time attacks only...

except for the levin 86 and evo 6 i said, add the levin 85, advoid it like the plague if u have gotten used to the trueno 86, those car have totally differnt handling, and some other car which have bad ranking which can be found in the car ranking sticky...

i use a completely different method to handle those 2 car and it is not the effective method yet...

Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:07 AM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (fernando_khan @ Today at 10:57 AM)
I absoloutley love my 86 (trueno a-tune).. however im always finding it really hard to win in battles on an uphill and rain! in the dry its a beast and on akina we know theres nothing like it but now looking to change to something a little more powerful and better suited in other conditions and tracks.

from what ive heard the rx8 is the best all rounder but what car is closest to the 86 in terms of the way it handles for uphill and wet? im soooo used to it and dont want to have to try every single car to make a decision which one i want... anyone know much about the fc3s?

maybe someone with both cars can share some light?

many thanks
fk

just post ity in the car help thread, no need to create a new thread

https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=10167&st=2850
fernando_khan
  Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:13 AM

IDW Member

thanks for the info levin86!

will post in car thread.. silly me never realised...

fk
Tekn0
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:17 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 17,906

I have an RX-8 and I wanna make love to it in the rain. It handles very well and the understeer problem always goes away in the rain. My friend has an 86 and recently switched from A to C-tune. He doesn't seem to have any problems in the wet, but I guess it's because I keep trying to beat him withought gearing up to 6 on my RX-8 unless I really have to.

Go ahead and pick the RX-8, it's a nice car! Just remember how much understeer it has. RACE IN THE RAIN!
fernando_khan
  Posted: Jun 5 2006, 06:34 AM

IDW Member

hmm understeer... what i love about the 86 is how easy is to oversteer... in tsuc ob you just have to lift off and ur out or a slight touch on the brakes.. the main reason i never considered a 4wd was for that reason. i have tried an rx7 and found it harder to turn in than the 86 and then harder still to countersteer... it must be me not the car.

im off to play tonite and shall let you know how i get on. smile.gif

fk
bunta fujiwara
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 07:11 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 18,180

Hey i had both of them first it was the FC and i got bored cause i got the 8-6 and then my friend used the fc and i got back into it and my skills were proven so if you get any car try what these people think or get the FC it handles in wet and very fast on the uphill
Levin_86
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 08:19 AM

underpowered Alliance leader

Member No.: 17,990

Hey i had both of them first it was the FC and i got bored cause i got the 8-6 and then my friend used the fc and i got back into it and my skills were proven so if you get any car try what these people think or get the FC it handles in wet and very fast on the uphill

if it is WET and UH, i suggest a even better car...the BNR32...it is very strrong in wet and have powerful UH going power...but it is not drifty at all in the dry, so Bnr users all go to wet...
CoastalmixX
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 09:15 AM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

^ GC8V is better suited for an overall UH and Wet car.

If it were strictly wet, then R32 all the way.
bunta fujiwara
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 09:17 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 18,180

thats true or the celica
imprezagc8
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 09:22 AM

da true Hawaii GC8

Member No.: 14,482

try the evo 4. it is easy to control compared to the r-x8
styleD
Posted: Jun 5 2006, 11:42 AM

Menlo Park, Gameworld

Member No.: 17,295

I would say the bnr32 because it is great in wet. and also because i have one which i love. biggrin.gif
MatteoITR
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 01:21 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 18,042

Try with another FR car, I use an ITR (FF) and when I try to drive an FR I'm ridicoulus!!!!! If you drove an 86 before keep playing with an FR car.....
fernando_khan
  Posted: Jun 6 2006, 02:36 AM

IDW Member

i agree i dont think ill be able to adjust from drift to grip so easily.. i would have gone for a rx8 but the 6 speed thing is just putting me off... i think im going to try either the FC or Evo 4 (gona take getting used to)...

i need a new card either way as im only on 55% victories in battles.. (60 battles)... my excuse is everyone catches up with the bloody boost and take me on the final corners! (blocking is not my thing).... or im just crap (more likely).

fk

riP
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 03:44 AM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

if ur mad about rain go witht the r32... if ur mad about uh go with the 8v... if u wanna go uh and rain... the altezza and r34 have the best start up and the biggest butts in the game... get ahead and block the shit out of em
Tekn0
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 04:29 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 17,906

Any RX-7 is good if you want a good FR car. Evos.. well, that's not my department. I've never tried an AWD and I'm afraid to for some reason.
fernando_khan
  Posted: Jun 6 2006, 04:41 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Tekn0 @ Today at 6:31 AM)
Any RX-7 is good if you want a good FR car. Evos.. well, that's not my department. I've never tried an AWD and I'm afraid to for some reason.

lol i think we shame the same fear... rx7 was far too heavy for me.. so thought it was steering and after making it lighter it just made the car feel so like a boat and not chuckable as the 86 ???? maybe it was just me. i soooo wanted to like the rx7 but was a bit underwhelmed... could be because i had to shift very low now at 8000 wink2.gif

bit off-topic i am 8 stars and have got 2 areas to conquer yet (tsuchisaka, happo)but that would take me to 10, how on earth do ppl get 30 or so??
darkpaladinzz
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 08:18 AM

do a barrel roll

Member No.: 14,420

10 from LOTS
-8 from first run, and 1 for each additional run for a max of 10
10 from bunta
- one star for each star of every course completed
10 from BL
-3 levels per star
Var
Posted: Jun 6 2006, 11:18 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 17,894

QUOTE (fernando_khan @ Yesterday at 6:43 AM)
lol i think we shame the same fear... rx7 was far too heavy for me.. so thought it was steering and after making it lighter it just made the car feel so like a boat and not chuckable as the 86 ???? maybe it was just me. i soooo wanted to like the rx7 but was a bit underwhelmed... could be because i had to shift very low now at 8000 wink2.gif

bit off-topic i am 8 stars and have got 2 areas to conquer yet (tsuchisaka, happo)but that would take me to 10, how on earth do ppl get 30 or so??

Which FD were you using? The Type R tends to be more grippy from what I've heard. As someone that mainly uses the same Trueno as you, I found that with enough tuning points, the FD - Spirit R runs fairly close to the Trueno. Doesn't have the freakish top gear acceleration. But does slide almost as much, but not so much that rain courses are a nightmare. It runs well on just about any course.

I've found I really love the Spirit R on Akina Uphill, dry or wet.

Big plus would be that it doesn't have the understeering that a Lancer Evolution or an RX-8 has, which takes some doing to adjust to.

For you, the Spirit R might be the car you can battle with, dry, wet, uphill, and find it has the same fun sense of handling that your Trueno has. At least from my experience as a Trueno driver.
Takeshi Nakazato
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 06:32 AM

ER34 <3

Member No.: 2,412

ER34 grin2.gif whistling.gif
xkhol
Posted: Jun 7 2006, 06:34 AM

>_>

Member No.: 1,958