Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Mega NRG Man - Red Light And Sex

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

113 Pages  « 110 111 112 113  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 211,968  ·  Replies: 2,806 
> The "What should i buy" thread, Because choosing yourself can be hard.
Zergax
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 01:11 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,708

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys i'll keep searching and hopefully I'll find something decent.

Also bumped into an add from a Mitsubishi dealer not too far from home selling a 2005 lancer. I might go have a look.
xiao
Posted: Nov 26 2016, 06:01 PM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

What about an Acura Legend? wink3.gif ~ They're pretty nice & you don't exactly have to be a crazy ginger chick with a father-complex working @ a downtown Petshop near SDSU to afford one ~ awesome.gif

No-one except Matt's gonna get that joke ~ user posted image ~ but they're seriously nice little comfy sedans! happy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Zergax
Posted: Nov 27 2016, 03:48 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 9 hours, 47 minutes ago)
What about an Acura Legend? wink3.gif ~ They're pretty nice & you don't exactly have to be a crazy ginger chick with a father-complex working @ a downtown Petshop near SDSU to afford one ~ awesome.gif

No-one except Matt's gonna get that joke ~ https://idforums.net/style_images/1/icon4.gif ~ but they're seriously nice little comfy sedans! happy.gif

That is actually the first time I've ever heard of that car...

Also I now have a sudden urge to know who Matt is.

Oh and seriously you guys I don't need to fit my whole house in the trunk stop with the SUV's I can't afford to spend half my income on gas haha.
xiao
Posted: Nov 27 2016, 07:26 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Zergax @ 3 hours, 35 minutes ago)
That is actually the first time I've ever heard of that car...

Matt's got a sexy as fock FR-S ~ awesome.gif

Yeah the Legend's a totally underrated & unknown car laugh.gif ~ they're a pleasure to own if you find one in good condition ~ or with a 30k budget you can certainly bring it up to near mint level condition by re-furbying with stock parts santa.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2144 x 1424. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Zergax
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 01:53 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 7:26 AM)
Matt's got a sexy as fock FR-S ~ awesome.gif

Yeah the Legend's a totally underrated & unknown car laugh.gif ~ they're a pleasure to own if you find one in good condition ~ or with a 30k budget you can certainly bring it up to near mint level condition by re-furbying with stock parts santa.gif

http://imgur.com/GPBgeQb.jpg

If I had 30k to spend on a car at my age man that would be the dream!
xiao
  Posted: Nov 28 2016, 03:05 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Zergax @ 1 hour, 1 minutes ago)
If I had 30k to spend on a car at my age man that would be the dream!

QUOTE (Zergax @ Nov 24 2016, 02:26 AM)
I've got a around 3k budget

OHH !! You said 3k not 30k laugh.gif ~ no wonder I was going like wait you have enough to buy a Scion or any other entry level sports coupe derp.gif ~ my bad man I don't know how to read XD

Here's another shot of that cute little Legend thingabob you might be able to get for peanuts on Craigslist (?) happy.gif;

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3226 x 1814. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2688 x 1520. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Zergax
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 04:16 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 1 hour, 11 minutes ago)

OHH !! You said 3k not 30k laugh.gif ~ no wonder I was going like wait you have enough to buy a Scion or any other entry level sports coupe derp.gif ~ my bad man I don't know how to read XD

Here's another shot of that cute little Legend thingabob you might be able to get for peanuts on Craigslist (?) happy.gif;

http://imgur.com/ulE0bC9.jpg
http://imgur.com/9wixDcK.jpg

Would that happen to be yours?

Also how exactly did you not get I said 3k when everyone was replying with stuff around 2500$ and what not XD

If I can get a hold of them I'll go pester the Mitsubishi dealer to let me drive their onld 2005 Lancer they got sitting around (Its even the rallyart version! Short of an Evo but hey it's something)
xiao
  Posted: Nov 28 2016, 12:36 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Zergax @ 8 hours, 19 minutes ago)
Would that happen to be yours?

hahaha nope I saw one coming out of having coffee at a Denny's & thought about your post like 3 days ago | so I took a pic derp.gif ~

If you're thinking about a Mitsubushi ~ it might be worth it to save up for a 3000GT those might be a little bit more costly than a Lancer but they look sa-weet! awesome.gif ~>

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 5376 x 3024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

One of these days I'm gonna get shot for taking pics of other peoples cars XD

This post has been edited by xiao on Nov 28 2016, 01:10 PM
Zergax
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 01:13 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 37 minutes, 17 seconds ago)
hahaha nope I saw one coming out of having coffee at a Denny's & thought about your post like 3 days ago | so I took a pic derp.gif ~

If you're thinking about a Mitsubushi ~ it might be worth it to save up for a 3000GT those might be a little bit more costly than a Lancer but they look sa-weet! awesome.gif ~>

http://imgur.com/Tp5dXjR.jpg
One of these days I'm gonna get shot for taking pics of other peoples cars XD

Yeah but then there's the issue of finding somebody who's willing to part with such a beauty.

Still a Rallyart Lancer with the 2.4L engine and 160 HP isnt bad (I doubt it still does 160HP 10 years later but heh)
Tessou
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 01:42 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

3000GTs are cantankerous. Not good for a first car. They're also extremely heavy.

Buy something that is known to be reliable and efficient. You don't want your first car to have fuel mileage in the teens, right?
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
xiao
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 02:10 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Tessou @ 27 minutes, 21 seconds ago)
Buy something that is known to be reliable and efficient. You don't want your first car to have fuel mileage in the teens, right?

★ A Civic hatchback it is! laugh.gif

~ actually I think a Civic would be perfect save he wanted a spacious trunk in the back & Civics are a bit small tho' pinch2.gif
Zergax
Posted: Nov 28 2016, 10:29 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (xiao @ 8 hours, 18 minutes ago)
★ A Civic hatchback it is! laugh.gif

~ actually I think a Civic would be perfect save he wanted a spacious trunk in the back & Civics are a bit small tho' pinch2.gif

Way back in 1999 when the family owned a black civic trunk space was fine. I just need the trunk space of any decent 4 door sedan.
kyonpalm
Posted: Nov 29 2016, 06:37 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Zergax @ 8 hours, 8 minutes ago)
Way back in 1999 when the family owned a black civic trunk space was fine. I just need the trunk space of any decent 4 door sedan.

I normally would never recommend my car (6th gen Accord V6) because of its generation's common auto transmission issues, but if you can find one in manual (will no longer be V6 but probably still not the worst driver) you might be happy. Comfy, tons of trunk space too.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Zergax
Posted: Nov 29 2016, 10:00 PM

IDW Full Member

You guys have any opinion on the Lancer? Anyone who owned one? Is it reliable? I'll keep looking around as much as possible but it seems like a good deal for what I found compared to most stuff. I'll obviously have it properly checked out but I'd like to know if theres a chance it might crap out on me.

This post has been edited by Zergax on Nov 29 2016, 10:08 PM
Tessou
Posted: Nov 29 2016, 10:29 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Member No.: 12,263

I'd think that with your budget, the only Lancers you'll be affording are base trim and/or something that has been beat to shit. There are exceptions to every rule, though. Sometimes you can find a legitimate steal for the price.

My money would go towards something that should be in that budget range, not something that would have to stoop down to that level in bad circumstances (like finding a WRX for $3500 in the Midwest).
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Zergax
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 02:44 AM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (Tessou @ 4 hours, 15 minutes ago)
I'd think that with your budget, the only Lancers you'll be affording are base trim and/or something that has been beat to shit. There are exceptions to every rule, though. Sometimes you can find a legitimate steal for the price.

My money would go towards something that should be in that budget range, not something that would have to stoop down to that level in bad circumstances (like finding a WRX for $3500 in the Midwest).

Actually asking cause I found one for 2.5K. And it seems overall alright I'll obviously look into it more.
It's the Rallyart version with the bodykits and the 2.4L engine. And except for rust on the hood it's super clean from the pictures. I'll see it in person this Friday so i'll keep you guys updated.
RalliKai
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 06:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 3,607

From my knowledge, the older Ralliarts were your base Lancer with more pep and a little poorer fuel economy. The mid-2000s Lancer's lagged behind in quality compared to their competition. I'm assuming you mean an aftermarket bodykit cause Mitsubishi never offered anything from the dealership.
Zergax
Posted: Nov 30 2016, 11:23 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (RalliKai @ Today, 6:51 AM)
From my knowledge, the older Ralliarts were your base Lancer with more pep and a little poorer fuel economy. The mid-2000s Lancer's lagged behind in quality compared to their competition. I'm assuming you mean an aftermarket bodykit cause Mitsubishi never offered anything from the dealership.

Its the base lancer with more options by default different bodykits and a 2.4L engine instead of a 2.0 (And I think a 40 HP difference?)

Kinda like the current Elantra(Hyundai) lineup where you have a few models and the "sport" which is an all equipped version with a badge and a few other things.
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 1 2016, 06:44 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Ahh. I was curious as I've seen a few base and OZ-Rally Lancer's with the wing from a Lancer Evolution or even full bodykits.
Zergax
Posted: Dec 3 2016, 08:24 PM

IDW Full Member

So hum yeah I now own a Lancer XD
xiao
  Posted: Dec 4 2016, 05:11 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Zergax @ 8 hours, 46 minutes ago)
So hum yeah I now own a Lancer XD

For those not in the know that's the new MitsuNissan Alliance 2017 prototype model: The Mitsubishi Lancer eXperimental Design (Mk.I) | or Lancer XD™ for short.
Zergax
Posted: Dec 4 2016, 06:29 PM

IDW Full Member

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 5:11 AM)
For those not in the know that's the new MitsuNissan Alliance 2017 prototype model: The Mitsubishi Lancer eXperimental Design (Mk.I) | or Lancer XD™ for short.

Yup exactly that model, crazy horsepower on it too, too bad the driving position is a tad awkward. Not sure what they did with the taillights either.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Nov 13 2017, 10:07 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

Happy to say that the gf and I are looking for a fun car that we can AutoX, road trip and commute if need be.
Needs to be reliable for track days as well. Under $20k CAD. Needs to be automatic.
Currently leaning towards a 135i

Edit: for some reason 335i are way cheaper than 135i up here.

This post has been edited by Lonely_Driver on Nov 13 2017, 10:11 AM
Spaz
Posted: Nov 13 2017, 05:42 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Just... Stay away. The N54 and N55 are plagued with issues in both the E9x and E8x. I know plenty of people who've owned them and they all get sick of dealing with them. They're fun while they run but the issues just get old.

Get an E46 or E9x M3. But if you start looking at the latter, remember that rod bearings are a regular maintenance wear item on the S65. Either find one that's had them done, or be prepared to do them. It's not that hard of a job on those. But the E9x has the better auto with the DCT, the SMG in the E46 is literal trash.
Lonely_Driver
Posted: Nov 13 2017, 08:28 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,019

I thought the n54 was rock solid besides the fuel pump and injector issues. I'll have to look into that.
Unfortunately either m3 is out of our price range.

113 Pages  « 110 111 112 113