Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Wangan Midnight OST) Black sovereign

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

159 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 307,511  ·  Replies: 3,950 
> Post Your Day !!, Interesting events ^_^
Kev
  Posted: Aug 22 2006, 02:08 PM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 571

Hey guys, time for a new start. Post your day up, and talk about how it went! I originally got this idea back in 2003 from initialdarcade forums, so post up! However, there are going to be some new rules in this thread. This is your first warning. Anyone to break the rules will be warned.

This thread is to talk about how your day. How it was interesting, how you got some new records, how you owned a guy who tried to fish you, how you almost got into a fight because of some jackass trying to steal your cellphone while you play. It is not meant to report your battles and times. Anyone that merely reports their day will be warned.

Also, do not hold conversations in this thread. If you want to chat about something, do it through IM programs.

Finally, if you went to play Initial D, but nothing interesting happened, do not post about it. No one wants to read "I went to play ID today. Did some LotS, and BC. Nothing interesting."

Enjoy!
Perry
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 02:11 PM

Like an eagle!
Group Icon

Group: SITE OWNER
Member No.: 1

Thanks KrazFD. This thread will be the new thread for post your days, but PLEASE follow the rules or you will get warned for spamming. Thank you for your cooperation.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Pasta
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 05:10 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,928

Guess I'll be the guinea pig. Lemme know if my post is within the guidelines or not.

Tried my 34 somemore on Akina Uphill today. I dropped it to a 3'12"9xx from a 3'13"6xx. Only moved me up 1 spot in the model ranking though =_=. I had one run where I would've had a 12'4, but I messed up the final CP.

Tried Usui some after that. Ran 4th for MR for the 34. 2'49"6. C121's were at least 1 km slow, and 2nd lap wide turn was a bit slow, but 1st lap wide turn was fast and tight.

Links:

Akina UH:
http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas3e/n2_r...1&num_1=0&car=9

Usui CW:
http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas3e/n2_r...1&num_1=0&car=9

This post has been edited by Pasta on Aug 22 2006, 05:11 PM
riP
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 06:50 PM

Fool me once shame on me Fool me twice shame on u Fool me a third time ur dead

Member No.: 4,876

well i posted this in the old thread but since its locked most ppl probally wont check it so heres my day [again]

so uh u finally went 2day... waste of my time... my times got worse by like 5 seconds... i ran over a 3'10 at iro with every car i used... 86T, Spirit, MR2 [C tune] MR2 [N Tune], E4, 8V, Capp... ALL of them i got over 3'10

i took the 86 to akina.... i ran a 3'10

my last game i diddnt wanna leave dissopinted so i pulled out my rx8 and took it to tsuchi and improved my time

49'818~~> 49'810.... GRRRRRRRRRRRRR the rollers fuked me up... bah horriable day it makes me wanna quit now but im goin again probally 2morrow to c what i can do... if i wanna keep my N tune MR2... but im going RX8>MR2>86M as my cards selection
hellspare
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 09:58 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 19,404

My day was terrible as well.

I didn't improve any of my times. I was always on the verge of breaking 43 on Tsuchi but never actually did. My record is a mid 42 btw. I couldn't even touch my 3:04 on Akina either, I ran like.. 3:06s most of today. I gave up on initial d and went over to guitarfreaks and drummania, only two find two guys whoring the machine. I got pissed off and left. Halfway home I found out I lost 2 cards. I checked, good thing they were newly made cards. I lost a spirit and a fc. ARGH 4 dollars gone.
ChaosSoldier
Posted: Aug 22 2006, 10:17 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 8,382

ok well today was a good day...got to seriously play initial d for once...

so i improved my iro reverse by a bit, i inch ever closer to clinching the area record again...lol, but JJ will probably take it in like a few tries...haha...so i ran a 3'05'4xx...CP 1 can be lowered for sure, i hated when i saw that i ran a 45'5xx...and oh and we convinced a few noobs that the miata owns cuz i battled this guy and used this stock miata(5 gear) and my friend just kept making it sound like it was a god car, when it was just plain to the eye that i was superior to that noob...lol...so we might be seeing more miatas around...hahaha....
Cowman715
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 07:48 AM

The only Miata driver around

Member No.: 14,640

The Miata is a God car... cool.gif
Excel
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 01:22 PM

Snake is Sony's lone hero

Member No.: 4,625

Went to play today with the intention of playing RX-8 Sho IB... got to the arcade, looked at my wallet and notice my RX-8 card is not there. Whatever, its probably in my messy ass room or something, I think to myself.

So I just play some other random shit, got 3'02'2 on Sho IB dry with a 500K 8V, 3'09'8 Akina UH wet with the same 8V, 3'04'2 Sho IB dry with a 70K DC2(this car is fast, suprised the hell out of me, the acceleration is amazing!), and also tried to get the MR2 and S14Q records but with no luck. The majority of these were just a few tries, the only thing that was more then 2-3 tries was the Akina UH wet

Anyways, so I got home, and after looking for the last 2 hours, I can't find my RX-8 anywhere >_< Such BS, probably my most important card and I can't find it anywhere... I guess I'll have to inspect my Capp now =S

This post has been edited by Excel on Aug 23 2006, 01:26 PM
brian mayhem
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 05:21 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 13,958

Today did not go as I initially intended. Every single one of my time attacks resulted in a force quit because of little mistakes I made. It's frustrating that you're so close to beating your PB or a record on the machine, then you mess up something that seems so easy because you've been doing it for so long, then a day like today shows up and it all goes down the drain. Maybe next time I'll be able to put something decent together. I suppose the only positives out of today is that my RHOD on Akina has improved dramatically.

This post has been edited by GC8Vdrifter on Aug 23 2006, 05:22 PM
hellspare
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 05:30 PM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 19,404

Today I just got my Tsuchi ob on my 32 down to a low 44. It still sucks, but I just can't get used to the understeer on this car, I have to adjust like EVERYTHING.
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 06:09 PM

The Solution

Member No.: 2,428

Inspired by HNGRY, I've been doing Happo OBD without any techs. Before, I'd whore eraser on this course with most cars I have... but lately I haven't been using it on this course just as an experiment!

Capp: 2'24"0xx (with techs) --> 2'22"780
- I LOVE how this car handles here! Maybe I shouldn't have been using eraser after all! I feel I can push this a high 21 without doing anything... but that's quite a goal.

FC3S: 2'25"7 --> 2'24"4xx
- I did this in two tries. It's my friend's old car which he gave to me. I don't like how this car has a weak 5th gear, but it turns rather well here. I actually felt the car understeer on the hairpins.

Evo3: 2'28"7 --> 2'25"818
- Good gawd this car is crap here. It understeers and oversteers at the same time. Seriously! So hard... but I can push this to a mid 25 or even 24 without techs.

Funniest moment with the Evo3 today... my friend was talking to me:

"Use eraser. You'll understeer without it"
"Nah... I won't understeer"
*I say this as I exit the huge turn in CP2. Just before the right turn into the L-shaped turn before the snake pins... the car locks up, I turn too late, and completely own this wall*
laugh.gif

This post has been edited by CoastalmixX on Aug 23 2006, 06:10 PM
Arcy
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 06:19 PM

DC2=34th ranked car=RACER LVL 30 !!!!!!

Member No.: 4,335

great day. Managed to defeat bunta twice on akagi and yesterday beat him on iro 8. So project 30 stars is almost near. hahahaha not to mention I leveled up to 28 battle level.

Man I barely managed to pass bunta on the very last curve of akagi, slipped by him on the left side, with a time of 2'25. LOL'z I'm not even that good at all in akagi (my TA is a 2'27'2xx) but I managed to block him in the beggining until after the first turn. Twas' fun day. I think I can pull out another win on akagi, as I did race him for 11 star but I messed up at the end of the 2nd lap into the sharp right turn and the lead got real big. =\

anyway, a little off topic but does anyone play at simi valley,ca brunswick bowling place? It has a pretty good idv3 machine. That's my new stomping grounds since it's near my work.

This post has been edited by Arcy on Aug 23 2006, 06:25 PM
Asaki
Posted: Aug 23 2006, 10:24 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 951

FINALLY pushed my Cappa below 3 minutes!!!! w00t2.gif

Akina DH - 2'59"897 w00t2.gif
FD3SRX-7
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 06:29 AM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 17,563

For me last Thrusday, was an awsome battle day. I must of ran against several people to include some newbies and some pro's. Here's what happened.

First Challange- Nissan 240SX against my FD, on Irohazaka down hill wet. The guy was trash. He would hit the walls back and fowarth like a ping pong ball being hit by paddles. I let him go ahead to see how good he was and realized what i wrote above. So in the end I would try to pass him but the person blocked me on a straight!!! pinch2.gif I hate people who block it ain't no technique. finally after being behind this slow newb the 3rd section came about and I owned him!!!

Second Challange- Happo FD vs EK Civic. This was a tough challange. the player was actually pretty damn good. however where I lost to him was the up hill portion where the turns are sort of like IRO. however I managed to keep pace with him after that but he owned me. I lost the seat.

Thrid Challange- Akina Downhill FD vs 86. This was another deadly battle. I saw my opponents time and it was a 2"99 on Akina DH. It was basically a suicide. lost the seat again.

Fourth Challange- Akagi Uphill Wet- FD vs Cappuchino. This was an interesting race. the Capp managed to keep up with me on my course. my specalty is Akagi uphill wet. However I owned him in the last uphill portion which was section 4. Kept the seat.

Last Challange- Tsuchi IB wet. FD vs 86. This had to be the fav of all races. It was the same opponent who raced me in Akina DH. around section 2 I think after the tunnel, he turned off his head lights to distract me right before the roller coaster turns. however I then did the same. both of us were in perfect form and cleared the rollers perfectly. it was a tight match but in the end the FD came through and won.

any who that was my battle day.

icedagger
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 07:02 AM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Damn, this was a great Time Attack Day for me. I'm finally getting the hang of the RX-8. I think it's great progress for 2 weeks. I know there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. I know where I made most of my mistakes and I'm all set to try fixing them next time I drop by the arcade.

SE3P Akina DH D 3'15 -> 3'11 - I've actually been able to run 3'11 on LotS Bunta already, but this is the first time I've actually time attacked Akina's DH since I first got my RX-8. I'm still struggling with the snake curves (ungassing a lot), but I should be able to run under 3'10 with a little more practice. I'm planning to see how far I can push it without using any techs first, then maybe stick a few erasers here and there. Anyway it's the only SE3P record on the Akina DH D board at the arcade atm. happy.gif

SE3P Happo IB 2'36 -> 2'33 - I'm slowly getting there on Happo. I'm finally getting through CP1 at a decent speed without having my steering lock up on me. The other sections still need work, but at least I'm making progress.

SE3P Sho IB 3'11 -> 3'08 - Last week I grabbed the record on the machine (just a 3'13, since I think there was a recent reset and not many people play there anymore), but apparently somebody took my record and ran a 3'10. I promptly knocked off 3 seconds off my personal best... I'm now running a theoretical time of around 3'06. If I can clean everything up even further I'm sure I can get under 3'04, and hopefully under 3'00 eventually.

I dunno, but after 2 weeks all I can say is I love this car. It suits my driving style perfectly. I guess I have a new main car. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by icedagger on Aug 24 2006, 07:03 AM
rx8driver
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 07:26 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 18,870

i lost my 8 continuos win today sad.gif

those regular at the arcade place know that i sucks at akina downhill in the rx8, so one idiot purposely take me to akina with his altezza, i lose of cause, boost on, i am a guy that cannot beat takumi in the story mode at akina..let alone bunta ermm2.gif

btw, icedagger, 3'11" on akina with rx8 is godly..at least for me

after that i fish him to shomaru ib wet because i am getting angry that time and i didnt expect he got a head start in his altezza pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif pinch2.gif block me all the way to the finish line, his average speed is only 9xKMH..noob..i stuck on his ass all the way mad.gif

2 continuous lose today dry.gif

beat bunta 2 times at tsuchi, 1 time at iro, 1 time at shomaru

chubbbayaidan
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 08:51 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 13,141

Ack. I created an Integra Type-R, only to be fished in the first battle. So it was a stock Integra against a FT Spirit R on Akagi. He ended up beating me, but the cool thing was around CP3, I started catching up. Then I started to beef it up, around 60K now.
Kev
  Posted: Aug 24 2006, 11:10 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 571

Hey everyone! I'd just like to express my thanks to the community for providing such interesting posts! This is much better than before where the people were posting for post count. Thanks again, and keep it up!!
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 05:19 PM

The Solution

Did a bunch of TA runs today but managed to get a couple battles in.

This guy with a BUNCH of random cars that aren't even HT came in. He has an ER, 32, FD, MR2... and the list continues. Anyway, I was doing Happo no-tech runs in my 205 and he challenges me:

FD3SI vs. ST205 Tsu IBD - win; he was muttering something to me about not using the car before or something, I didn't get what he said at all. XD

R32 vs. ST205 Tsu IBD - win; it's the car he normally uses... this time he wasn't so far back. Quite a boring race... I treated it like a TA run. tongue.gif

Anyway... I'm still doing Happo OBD no-tech runs and this time used the 205:

2'26" --> 2'24"7xx; would be 11th in the world or so... not too shabby for not using anything, eh?

Now... I pushed the Capp time, but by just a little: 2'22"780 --> 2'22"767

The main thing is... I got this on vid. So wait a bit and you guys will see your mod in action! biggrin.gif
dragonsho
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 06:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 17,432

^Coastal, how you get those happo times is crazy. I play V2 mostly and can't even hit that time. Nice job especially with no techniques.

Man my arcade is pissin me off. The gas pedal just randomly dies now and it does it to my friend about 3 times each course. I told a guy that works there and plays so that I know that it will get fixed. Well started an 8-6 today pretty much for akina and because noone really wants to battle my GC8V.

Got alot of battles today for 1$. I can't remember them all but here's what i remember.

GC8V vs:

FD USUI Wet CCW (This guy tried to fish me. Not much of a battle, just took startup and never saw him again.)

FD USUI Dry CCW (Different guy. Same thing happened. Never saw him after the first hairpin.)

Integra Akina Boost on (One of the best battles ever. It was against this kid that looked about 10 or 11. He was there with friends or his brother I dunno they were all young. He asked boost on or off I said whatever he wants his bro told him to turn it off. So He was behind me the whole time. I took the last hairpin fine. Of course boost is gonna screw me on this long straight. He comes up behind me going 180 while i'm going 168 dry.gif . I block as best I can but he's going so fast and it's so wide he passes me. I figure that he'll do terrible on the last turn, which he did. I erased, turned hard and used him as a wall. I was then right next to him, pushed hard to the left and passed at the last second and won by 2m flat. It was great. Most exciting battle ever. Made me feel like Keisuke when he battle the Nakazato on myogi.)

That's all i remember. I think I had about 6 battles for 1$. It was good. Also got my 8-6 to 107k with a few LOTS races.

This post has been edited by dragonsho on Aug 24 2006, 06:54 PM
DALAZ_68
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 10:09 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Member No.: 8,512

started with my Ek9 Vs DC2 on happo ion, i won by a split second the very very last turn he tried to cut me off and i cut in to complete the turn, to say the least he ate wall i took gold lol

next came this damn noob, with an FD and he took me to akina witha 80,000 ek
well im in the mind set of no techs rite now
and to say the least i lostbig deal
i busted my FC on his FD and again akina, he miss shifted, and i tool lead, i won in the end, ... next came my homie Kenzo.... happo OB,, FC Vs FC man i died the finnal secxtion killed me lol

so i took him to Akagi DHD and whoopped him
that was the end f that

i TA ed no tech akina with 86 but no improvements , tryin to learn to clipp the second turn gutter, if i do,, i can exit 138 clean probly

well we'll see happy.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Aug 24 2006, 10:12 PM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

I played Akagi DH today and remembered how addicting it is.
smile.gif I also beat this guy in a hillarious match where we can only use 1rst and 2nd gear on Akina it was awesome
CoastalmixX
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 12:00 AM

The Solution

Oh yeah... just to clear something up, the only thing I'm using is feint. Yeah.
Sil80Drifter
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 12:31 AM

#1 Street Fighter Fan

Member No.: 19,411

Only feints? lol dude if you say you suck compared to other in this forum.. id like to see how crazy you play in the arcade. Youd probably beat all my times by 10 seconds
Pasta
Posted: Aug 25 2006, 05:22 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 11,928

Got the model record for Usui CCW in the R34. happy.gif Got it on video too. Check the video resources forum.

http://ranking.segarosso.com/inidas3e/n2_r...5&car=9&area=69

159 Pages  1 2 3 »