Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Phil - Crazy & Ready

Important Rules
user posted imagePost everything about Initial D Arcade Stage Ver.3 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 subforums. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

22 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 39,172  ·  Replies: 530 
> Suzuki Driver's Thread, Discuss Capp's here
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 12:26 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,549

Wana get 1 of this "cute" car, wch tune is the best?
the gear shift points? also any tips on handling the wet?
Fong
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 12:35 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 4,360

I personally have A tune, and use 8, 9, 10.5

Points for handling the wet? "Avoid the curves" - Jeremy Clarkson
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 12:56 AM

IDW Member

Dont get wat u mean pinch2.gif , my english is not good...
azn_donut
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 02:11 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 4,970

mmm well since i FTed my capp a lil while back heres what i know...

i tend to like unstable cars so i just took tune A, but most people would tell u to do tune C (the one with the kit and the shopping cart wing) lol... ill prolly get the shopping cart wing as soon as its offered tho..

ull get beat off the line like 99% of the time.. the other 1% is if u have like right side on tsuchi out, akagi up and akina up against a 86 or something lol...

the 4th gear revvs high which helps it on the corners.. but the true glory of this car is 5th gear.. for instance.. take akagi... moist of the time ull be like 15 meters behind be4 the first turn O_O but after that turn.. when u shift to 5th and head towards the S-curves youll be like right up the opponents tailpipe lol...

its size makes it superb for passing those annoying blockers and this car also tends to take turns at a higher speed because of its small length.. ie the back of the car has a smaller chance of hitting the wall upon exit... major factor why this sucker is the best non 4wd on akina snow biggrin.gif!!!

the car needs alot of skill because youre always playing catchup.. but if u master it... ull scare the crap outta the opponent!!

oh.. and if u get taken to wet against a car that can handle it... prepare to lose.. or leave boost on lol biggrin.gif!!!

thats about it!! good luck! i love capps ohmy.gif!
Eric
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 03:02 AM

EvoIII Driver

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 4,616

QUOTE (azn_donut @ Feb 25 2005, 02:11 AM)
mmm well since i FTed my capp a lil while back heres what i know...

i tend to like unstable cars so i just took tune A, but most people would tell u to do tune C (the one with the kit and the shopping cart wing) lol... ill prolly get the shopping cart wing as soon as its offered tho..

ull get beat off the line like 99% of the time.. the other 1% is if u have like right side on tsuchi out, akagi up and akina up against a 86 or something lol...

the 4th gear revvs high which helps it on the corners.. but the true glory of this car is 5th gear.. for instance.. take akagi... moist of the time ull be like 15 meters behind be4 the first turn O_O but after that turn.. when u shift to 5th and head towards the S-curves youll be like right up the opponents tailpipe lol...

its size makes it superb for passing those annoying blockers and this car also tends to take turns at a higher speed because of its small length.. ie the back of the car has a smaller chance of hitting the wall upon exit... major factor why this sucker is the best non 4wd on akina snow biggrin.gif!!!

the car needs alot of skill because youre always playing catchup.. but if u master it... ull scare the crap outta the opponent!!

oh.. and if u get taken to wet against a car that can handle it... prepare to lose.. or leave boost on lol biggrin.gif!!!

thats about it!! good luck! i love capps ohmy.gif!

damn your cap on akagi dry.gif. I cant block it at all..lol grin2.gif
Fong
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 04:19 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 4,360

avoid the curves in wet equals = thermal depolymesmerisation = woooooooooooooooooo! sad.gif
bluefuzion
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 10:37 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 2,301

okay currently the best guy our arcade has a capp and is almost unbeatbale at times.. i drive a ae86 and i know that the capp is better ranked than the ae86, but the question i have is what car is better than the ae86? thanks
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Feb 25 2005, 12:22 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE (d0ob0o @ Feb 24 2005, 09:10 PM)
QUOTE (Ayako Watanabe @ Feb 21 2005, 10:50 AM)
k, gonna get an inspection, curretnly using D option on my capp, whats the best option?

there isnt a d option blink.gif

i really wonder what have i been smoking... lol. I apologize for that mistake happy.gif. My cappuccino STILL curently has option C at the moment with option A wing and option B rims.
Saint
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 05:22 AM

The 6th Blameless Shift

Member No.: 2,067

I dunno bout this but this is my opinion...

No matter how skilled you are, there is always limitation when you use a cappucino. For instance, your startup is always slower than any popular cars in the arcade (ie Evos, GC8V, the dreaded RX-8, GDB, etc) and you'd always be having trouble to pass your opponent if he's an expert in blocking. You would lose 95% of boost off battles with standard players and you would also hardly be able to win even if it's boost on. Plus, if you're at the front, it's rather hard to block too due to its size and length.

Example of this situation: I was fished by capp drivers to akina when I used RX-8 yet I still win victoriously when boost off cos my startup is obviously quicker and after the first corner, I'd start to leave the opponent by meters. It ain't pleasant when a capp hits the wall too. Even if boost on, I still won... by 20 meters, and the driver I raced with was considered good at the arcade (ain't some loser who fishes... fairly fast in his time attacks on akina with his capp (around 3'05")).

The limitation is always there. Always...
_-br1an-_
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 08:45 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 3,228

hmm.... is there any way to avoid the amazing horizontal drifting stances when racing in wet? my bum juz rapes the wall ... probably too much gc8v for me.. sweatingbullets.gif and suddenly ive got the utmost respect for the bugger in the anime with the capp .. fancy racing in wet.. -.-
slop1
  Posted: Feb 27 2005, 07:22 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,076

QUOTE (xkhol @ Feb 24 2005, 06:21 PM)
the GDB is NOT overpowered..it's slow as shit
and the capp has a monstrous 4th and 5th gear...

man both of those are soo true cool.gif ! I finaly started to basic tune a capp today, and it was loads of fun. man, finishing akagi in LOTS was super fun!!! At the start of every race I was behind, but after the first couple of turns in 4th gear, it was all over. Battles are a diffrent story all together. For example: At Tsuchisaka, Inbound, and with a Base Tuned 86 turbo vs. my 80k point capp.
As always lost the startup, but once i got into 4th gear thats when i started to take the lead. Everything was going fine untill the second to last hairpin. I raped the wall and never recovered. crying2.gif

QUESTION: What muffler should i get to help with wall recovery & Startup
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 11:51 PM

IDW Member

Need help in handling iro!!!!
Any tips?
Slash
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 08:06 AM

IDW UK Noob

Member No.: 5,348

lol i apologise for my overpowerd statement, still a n00b and im jut realising what you guys said about it beying slow today after sucking hard in akina in LOTS.
loser_635
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 08:19 AM

MY 7!!!

Member No.: 4,821

QUOTE (slop1 @ Feb 27 2005, 07:22 PM)
QUESTION: What muffler should i get to help with wall recovery & Startup

Ya what muffler's the best?
aerosheh
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 04:52 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 5,287

how do i beat kt on akagi with a capp?
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 05:27 PM

hes pretty easy to beat. In start up he will kiss you. After the first corner im pretty sure you can catch up to him and pass him after that. Just be careful though cuz then he will eventually catch up.
loser_635
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 05:36 PM

MY 7!!!

Member No.: 4,821

Ya his FD has alot of power. now what about slop1's and my question?
slop1
Posted: Feb 28 2005, 07:41 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 5,076

dude personaly, KT is super easy!

Tip: stay off the walls, dont let the car drift to much so countersteer, and also you are going to be behind him at the first turn so dont panic just let that monster 4th gear do all the work and by the third hairpin you will be in the lead !!

NOW about my muffler??????????
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Mar 1 2005, 04:54 AM

i believe,imo, that c tune muffler is the best but then again i but b tune muffler...or was it a...no it was b tune muffler and it loos better, but i picked b anywayz lol laugh.gif
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 02:02 AM

IDW Member

Does any1 know how to drive capp on iro?
If im not wrong i seen somebody maintain their speed at 90-100+ after every turn, so can any1 teach me how to drive on that course?
Slash
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 03:23 AM

IDW UK Noob

go to the video's thread and download soem iro vids and check em out and practise driving with that car. that what i did tongue.gif

and i was gona make a cappo yesterday but friends whanted to go to another arcade with V2 in so i played the cappo in V2 and OMG did i gave over steer almost put me off untill i found a jap V3 and had a go at a time trial with the capp and then i liked it .

btw any one here know a thread were the list the changes made to the cars from V2 to V3.

And finaly im soo confused with what tune to make my cappo some say B most say A and the other say C. could some one list what each tune does e.g. A more drift C acceletation ect.
Takahashi Ryosuke
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 03:51 AM

Fastest CapTezza Driver In Michigan

Member No.: 1,296

Don't know if this belongs here but since its a capp thread and the subject of blocking has been brought up. Heres a lil proof that you can block with a capp grin2.gif Hope this link works ...
http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3VXWLJI...T724ZYMX930L4AV
Slash
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 10:59 AM

IDW UK Noob

cool race, blocking with a capp against a capp must be even harder lol but yea got some tips from that tongue.gif

And on other news, i made my capp today. Its A tune and silver with 45-50k points.

its was quite easy and fun to bass myogi but i found usui harder to clear for some reason and passes the two guys from tokyo with ease and now kinda stuck on the guy who chalanges you to rain battle of akina (forgot his name) i always loose him and then catch up at the hair pins and am about -5m from him at then end sad.gif

but yea so far loving the car ^^

This post has been edited by Slash on Mar 2 2005, 11:45 AM
bluefuzion
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 02:03 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 2,301

which cars should the capp not go up against? and what courses are its best and worst thanks
Kerxn
Posted: Mar 2 2005, 02:09 PM

now clean your screen

Member No.: 3,880

There is no battle rain on Akina, only after you beat a guy once.

You mean Akagi? Then it would be Kenta Nakamura in his S14
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums

22 Pages  1 2 3 4 »