Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Nick Mansell - Mission Impossible

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

7 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 13,482  ·  Replies: 154 
> Hoggers, are u ONE?, POLLS POLLS POLLS!

Are you one?
YES [ 35 ]  [39.33%]
NO [ 54 ]  [60.67%]
Total Votes: 89
Guests cannot vote 
Alv
  Posted on Aug 15 2007, 09:01 AM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 25,662

well, I do hog the machine for a maximum of 30mins, and it's just because I waited for around 1 hour to play. T_T For example on Thursday I was in TS for 6-8 hours and I just spend less then RM20.. Another good way to save up money. LOLZ. Anyway, no flaming please. Just a innocent poll. biggrin.gif
Zoxak
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 09:03 AM

IDW Senior Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 24,899

No one is a hogger at the arcade I go to. 1 play and then off. If anyone plays twice then we yell at them laugh.gif
Alv
  Posted on Aug 15 2007, 09:04 AM

IDW Prime Member

QUOTE (Zoxak @ Today at 9:03 AM)
No one is a hogger at the arcade I go to. 1 play and then off. If anyone plays twice then we yell at them laugh.gif

wow! seriously? how about a battle? let just say a rematch to make up for his lost... how many machines are there anyway? lolz! just curious. biggrin.gif
Retsuka
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 12:09 PM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

if anyone is waiting then your maximum is 5 plays, but thats arcade rules, usually if anyone is waiting you get off 1st try, if they dont we tell them to get off, if they still dont, what else can u do but look down on them?

if i really wanted to hog the machine i could do it for 15 hours+, but thats no fun.
WRX DEMON Type R
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 01:14 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 3,276

QUOTE (Zoxak @ Today at 12:03 PM)

With one exception, I am a witness to this at the arcade we have with ID4. That one exception was one time me and my brother went, and the dumb kid on the machine thought we didnt notice his friend slip in another dollar.
Ryu Fujiwara
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 01:26 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 23,638

I never hog in ID i just go to noobs race them and i get a free game!Hey whatcan you do when you keep gattin free games hehe
toookoooldrew118
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 02:38 PM

Project Legacy Captain

Member No.: 25,395

no one at my arcade hogs. at least not that i've seen. people just line the cards up on top and wait their turn. there is those times though that i lose by only about 10 meters and i want to play again. but i dont. happy.gif.
icedagger
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:10 PM

Slowpoke...

Member No.: 18,773

Null vote, since it depends on where (and what) I'm playing.

I need to take a 2 hour bus ride (minimum) to get to an arcade with IDAS4. And most of the regulars at the arcade I play at hog the machine for hours on end. So if given the chance, I will hog the machine.

Being a nice guy just wouldn't cut it in this case. Heh, get to the arcade, wait 3 hours, play one game, then wait another 3 hours for my next turn? No way.

At my usual arcade (except they only have IDAS3), I "hog" the machines, but only when nobody is around (so it technically isn't hogging).
MomoChan
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:17 PM

「WRX研究者」

Member No.: 20,224

Everyone hogs. That's why I do the same.

Cuz does too, but he's a softie when it comes to people who are just going to make their first card... it's okay though, since people like that run out of plays faster than anything. ^o^

FknAzN
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:23 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,377

I never usually hog a machine, the only time ill do it is if theres like 1 person waiting and he's a noob, or if im tryin to rematch someone else..

The most times ill play straight when theres someone waiting is 3, and then ill have a break and see how good the other person is and maybe ask for a challange..

If u go to bluehouse, theres a buttload of players that spend $50 max straight in one hit, very annoying since they're only doing TA and no battles or nothing..

Worst part is, most only had less than 8 stage upgrades on their car, 7-2-0-0-0 is the most common..

I love vrs people with that set up...total noobs
kenshizan
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:44 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,654

waa..alv start up a pool must support..haha..
well im neutral so null vote..
if there's nobody in arcade i'll play TA for about several times and may last about 1hour..
if there's a lot ppl in arcade i usually see the pro plays and if i lose i'm getting off the machine so can watch the next guy drivin skills..
but also depends if that guy very lansi..then lose lose also must beat him once..haha..jz self statisfaction..
Fuzz
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:49 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

You can say I hog or I dont, i usually play when the machines are free but when ppl wait they have to wait till I finish playing but thats how everyone else is like here. Play till you finish even if someone has put a coin to say they're waiting

This one time, a kid put a coin on the machine to queue for it, i continued and he said he was waiting in line for it, i just told him i'm continuing. Does that count as hogging?
Kenji
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:56 PM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

Will oni hog machine when Tuning car...
So Alv, next time if you wanna play then come talk to me, since my opportunity to tune my car will be lesser and lesser day by day... and eventually none because I don't need it laugh.gif

Fuzz: Yeah... that's hogging. smile.gif
kenshizan: What's your card name?

This post has been edited by KenjiDc2 on Aug 15 2007, 05:59 PM
kenshizan
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 05:59 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,654

QUOTE (KenjiDc2 @ Today at 5:56 PM)
Will oni hog machine when Tuning car...
So Alv, next time if you wanna play then come talk to me, since my opportunity to tune my car will be lesser and lesser day by day... laugh.gif

Fuzz: Yeah... that's hogging. smile.gif
kenshizan: What's your card name?

no name..is 6 underscore..driving black RX-7 FD3S..but im ken..

p/s: read msia idas4 thread for the stupid story of my card name..
Kenji
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 06:03 PM

Diesel freak!

Member No.: 25,899

OOh... So you're the one standing beside me on Tuesday at Times Square... Haha w00t2.gif

College time... C ya!

-----
Leisure Mall players are the worst hoggers in M'sia
Standing there for 2 hours and you can see someone spending Rm30+ just to get a -0'00"100

M Flores
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 06:08 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,904

Well, nobody's around, so I guess I'll hog the machine for myself until someone badly wants to play. The good thing is, there are hardly any massive crowds that play, like at blue or something, but at other places, there's hardly anyone to actually consider hogging, there is usually like, 3-4 ppl at max, and ppl just watching. But when it does get semi-packed, I'm glad that other players are couteous (sp?) to each other, and I always ask some1 nearby if they want to play, before I slip more coins in.
Möbius
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 06:14 PM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (Zoxak @ Today at 1:03 PM)

Since when?

I used to play $20 in a row, no one complained. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Ben
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 06:29 PM

BENNY

Member No.: 4,375

I hog, I'll go for a good 4-5 hours before I get off. f**k yas.
brian_infinispirit
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 10:59 PM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

i'm not that much of a hogger (even during the v3 days), esp. when the people waiting are those i know personally... in some cases, we'd make some sort of an agreement like "i go after 4 plays, you go after 4 plays, etc etc"... so as not to keep the queue stagnant...

...and i just load up to a max. of 10 plays per session, i'm not like the others who have more cash to burn and can finish up 1000php (around 35 plays) in one sitting... XD
xyeohts
Posted on Aug 15 2007, 11:31 PM

Inhale Exhale.. Fumes

Member No.: 25,770

I usually just change RM6 of tokens... Put it next to the machine.. till it finishes i go away...

don wanna waste too much money.. but i finished one round.. starting a new one soon...
jkp
Posted on Aug 16 2007, 06:35 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 25,528

well it depends on my mood and my budget.. more budget = more playing time..

and i put limits into my games.. uhhmm 10 games per sitting then i would stand up and let others play... because i dont want to make people angry because of too much playing hehehe..
Alv
  Posted on Aug 16 2007, 08:36 AM

IDW Prime Member

yeap yeap true. biggrin.gif actually for me... I just pop in around 5 games and pop out. i get real sweaty if i played too long too. anyway i might just play more if there is no one. But there is once, one side was accepting battle, so I went the other side to ask whether is it ok for him to stop a while and allow me to battle. I asked nicely.... not in a harsh way or something. but that FOOL, just said, I waited for so long and now it's my turn. The problem is, HE WAS THERE FOR THE PASS 1 HOUR.. -.-..... lameos.... oh well, hoggers. biggrin.gif
crow
Posted on Aug 16 2007, 09:16 AM

IDW Birdie

Member No.: 25,324

i admit i am a hogger too.. grin2.gif

BUT!!!!

when i see many people are lining up i give turns to them,.. smile.gif
Zoxak
Posted on Aug 16 2007, 12:57 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 24,899

QUOTE (Apex Carver @ Yesterday at 6:14 PM)
Since when?

I used to play $20 in a row, no one complained. wink2.gif

We are in the ID4 forum silly rolleyes.gif

Come to getty and you'll see what I mean =)
XxAznBoixX
Posted on Aug 17 2007, 02:09 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 24,306

For me it depends on the person thats waiting. At my arcade theres only 1 working mt3 machine. No one really plays but me. If my friend is with me, we each take a turn trying to beat eachother's C1 outbound times. But theres these stupid kids that wait use the free game glitch constantly and they got caught. Before they get caught, I wouldnt even let them on until I left. The free game glitch only works on some machines, not all. Those dumbass kids got banned from the mall I think.

7 Pages  1 2 3 »