Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.1) worry

Important Rules
Buy the Arcade Stage 4 Original Soundtrack to support IDW !!
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 4 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

93 Pages  1 2 3 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 148,721  ·  Replies: 2,304 
> IDAS4 Post Your Day!, Post your day here! *No spam*
?wha?
  Posted: Jul 21 2007, 01:19 AM

In sexy black'n gold :D

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,914

Seeing as it's a new version, how 'bout a new *Post your Day* thread? Try to make you posts a little meaningful eg:

I did X'XX on tsukuba OB etc. and a description of what went wrong or right smile.gif

So me first biggrin.gif

Today I got my very first battle, and OMFG Boost is too overpowered!

MR2 vs FD3S iro dhd win BOOST

MR2 vs FD3S tsukuba OBD win BOOST

MR2 vs FD3S lake akina CWD lose BOOST

both times I wanted boost off, but we ended up playing with it. pretty much was trailing the whole time, then on the last 2 turns I snuck in. then the same happened to me the last time around >.>

Then played a bit of LoTS, beat nakazato first go, was wondering how someone could lose 5 times on a row to him. Then pulled a 3'04 on Iroha. Long way to go but its early days tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Perry on Jul 23 2007, 08:33 PM
shapez
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 06:53 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,379

ummm.... pulled a 59'2 today on iro, the best i can do with a treuno
Odie
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 08:13 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 17,323

I saw some crappy times in my local arcades and wiped it off #1 on Tsukuba.
Crashed a bit and did 2'52" on both directions. I guess that PWNED the silly GC8V.

Also something to comment on.... we decided to call that stupid triple turn the "Crop Circle" turn (CP3 Tsukuba OB with the left, right and left turn).

We're trying to beat the aliens XD
Braja
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 09:31 AM

IDW Special Member

Member No.: 12,029

QUOTE (Odie @ Today at 8:13 AM)

Also something to comment on.... we decided to call that stupid triple turn the "Crop Circle" turn (CP3 Tsukuba OB with the left, right and left turn).

We're trying to beat the aliens XD

aw you coulda called it somethin better than that like the fanny turn (cause it looks like an ass)... ok nevermind that sounds kinda gay. stick with crop circle though dunno why other than the grassy shortcuts

anyway my day was just 2 races waiting for my friend to arrive to go eat. hopped on and lost 2 races with NO BOOST on akina dh-_-. both i was using a new GDBF with only 4 suspension mods and 2 chassis. the 1st one i was grumpy cause it was BS. understeered at a corner my other cars dont understeer at. lost a LOT of ground but still made it up and scraped his bumper as we crossed the finish at a sad 3'16".

the second race was the 1st good battle i've had in a long time. i had the lead but got nudged into a wall in the S turns and got passed. but the decrease in speed allowed me to make my best turn ever at RHOD (of course i failed to check the entry speed for reference-_-) and hit 173 kph by the end of the stretch (note i was not using boost). he blocked me though till the consecs where i finally passed. but then at the fireworks hairpin he scraped my bumper and hit a wall. i thought that was the end as i saw him fade in my mirror but as i was halfway through the straight i was realizing his nudge screwed my exit speed, killing my acceleration and i wasnt gonna his my usual 160's for the turns. the fact that he hit the wall allowed him to accelerate from a lower gear which led to faster accel. so by the turns he was doin at least 155 and i was scraping 145 barely-_-. i fought him best i could but the SOB passed me and barely beat me at about 3'12"

whew omg sorry wrote a crapload for 2 measly races XD!
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Jul 21 2007, 09:33 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

I think the trueno is a little bit overpowered.. did a '57"2 with a stock trueno on iro when i couldn't even hit that time with my mr2. =/

And I don't know why( applies to mr2 drivers only), is anyone experiencing acceleration problems in tsukuba? that car seems to be not accelerating that well compared to the evos and skylines and even the 85. =/

And yes i've tried the penalty cancel and etc.. it's tuned to 4-0-0-0-4, yet a stock fc still beats it's acceleration..

but the cornering of the mr2 is godly..

Tried so many maps today with te mr2.. Got fished by so many people. Yet still won them.. except some stupid evo on tsukuba, where I realised the mr2's shitty acceleration but godly cornering abilities there
Jezza
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 02:10 AM

IDW Jap-a-neeze Member

Member No.: 20,278

played for the first time today at sunshine

made trueno and evo9

beat akina lake, kent - Kyle (Kyouichi) - k.t. in akagi and Hawk (Seiji) in iro
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 02:39 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

Played abit, scored some really crap TAs. 58"5 FD on Iro DDH with tuning of 5-1-1-1-2 (OMG)

Gah need to get used more to the physics.
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Jul 22 2007, 11:45 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ Today at 2:39 AM)
Played abit, scored some really crap TAs. 58"5 FD on Iro DDH with tuning of 5-1-1-1-2 (OMG)

Gah need to get used more to the physics.

rape more wall! XD

If I can do a 56, you could do a 54 oh godly master. XD Really..
?wha?
  Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:31 AM

ahhhh 3 battles, 2 of which are really really peeved about

MR2 vs evo IX iro dhd win

well it was tempting, had him taken on first jump and left him there.

MR2 vs iro IX dhd lose, MR2 vs evo IX akina dhd lose

the above two were different from the first, and OMFG I hate the bugger! wall rammed me all over the shop he did, and you cannot pass even when trailing >1m cause he wall rammed me!! really pissed me off it did :rant: its even worse than v3 cause it kills a hell more speed wall ramming this time around
FknAzN
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:40 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 25,377

Yehh
They made passing in this REALLLLLY hard!!!

And wall ramming pisses me off when ur JUST about to pass because u had a buttload of speed and they're just sloooowwww but then they intentionally turn to block u into a wall!

GRRRR

I just let people pass me when i know im beat, theres no point to it, a wins a win, but when its a dirty win its just not worth it...

Unless they're a dirty player, then watever...alls far in love and war...
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 12:56 AM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

best battle ive ever had in any initial D version

RETSU vs NGTR!
ae86 vs R32 (both cars only had 3 steps of tuning)
irohazaka downhill dry night.

now this guy is the best skyline driver in new zealand, we go way back till ver2 so it was nice racing him again, race went like so.

we start off and he gets head start, i trail him bumping him on the ass for about 4 turns before he manages to pull a 40m lead then 50m then 60m at the worst part... i was taking turns faster than him but you know how it works on iro, first car that goes on straight still gains advantage, anyway i trail him and start catching up until about 47m and when we arrive at the jumps he slides outward and misses the first jump while i hit it spot on and over take him, we contined and he took the 2nd but slid outward for the 3rd which stuffed up his 4th one too... when once in the race i thought it was lost i ended up beating him by 80m with a time of 2'54.

another close race was on tsukuba agaisnt CHAOS

RETSU vs CHAOS
ae86 vs fd3s (his car had about 8 more tuning steps than mine)
tsukuba outbound dry.

start off with him getting head start and me trailing him for most of the map keeping between 10-14m of him at all times... worst part of the race was me 30m behind him, anyways i was bumping on his ass quite often but you cant pass cars so easily so blocking was simple for him, we arrived at the LRL of tsukuba and i managed to cleanly pass him by taking the grassy shortcut, the race continued on closly for about 30 more seconds before i pulled away and beat him by 50m, finishing time was 2'57

trueno may be the TA god... but its far from being the battle god. FD has that position.
MAFD
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 04:29 PM

Team YG Revilution

Member No.: 1,540

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Yesterday at 8:56 PM)
best battle ive ever had in any initial D version

RETSU vs NGTR!
ae86 vs R32 (both cars only had 3 steps of tuning)
irohazaka downhill dry night.

now this guy is the best skyline driver in new zealand, we go way back till ver2 so it was nice racing him again, race went like so.

we start off and he gets head start, i trail him bumping him on the ass for about 4 turns before he manages to pull a 40m lead then 50m then 60m at the worst part... i was taking turns faster than him but you know how it works on iro, first car that goes on straight still gains advantage, anyway i trail him and start catching up until about 47m and when we arrive at the jumps he slides outward and misses the first jump while i hit it spot on and over take him, we contined and he took the 2nd but slid outward for the 3rd which stuffed up his 4th one too... when once in the race i thought it was lost i ended up beating him by 80m with a time of 2'54.

another close race was on tsukuba agaisnt CHAOS

RETSU vs CHAOS
ae86 vs fd3s (his car had about 8 more tuning steps than mine)
tsukuba outbound dry.

start off with him getting head start and me trailing him for most of the map keeping between 10-14m of him at all times... worst part of the race was me 30m behind him, anyways i was bumping on his ass quite often but you cant pass cars so easily so blocking was simple for him, we arrived at the LRL of tsukuba and i managed to cleanly pass him by taking the grassy shortcut, the race continued on closly for about 30 more seconds before i pulled away and beat him by 50m, finishing time was 2'57

trueno may be the TA god... but its far from being the battle god. FD has that position.

I saw Myko aka NGTR! this morning, damn that guy is godly when he drives his skyline. I've known him since V3 and I've only beaten him when I fished him.

Anyways I had my first proper ID4 session today. Second time playing this game and still trying to get use to the new physics. Had quite a big problem with Keisuke on Akagi, took me about 4 tries to beat him. But ran out of money after attempting Ryosuke 4 times. I always overtake him in section 2 with the tightening series of S turns to the very sharp hairpin. I can keep the lead until the final 4 consecs then he catches up to me and passes me at the final right sweeper.
matt
Posted: Jul 23 2007, 06:45 PM

Team Drift Speed/ Trueno Force

Member No.: 11,652

QUOTE (MAFD @ Today at 4:29 PM)
I saw Myko aka NGTR! this morning, damn that guy is godly when he drives his skyline. I've known him since V3 and I've only beaten him when I fished him.

Anyways I had my first proper ID4 session today. Second time playing this game and still trying to get use to the new physics. Had quite a big problem with Keisuke on Akagi, took me about 4 tries to beat him. But ran out of money after attempting Ryosuke 4 times. I always overtake him in section 2 with the tightening series of S turns to the very sharp hairpin. I can keep the lead until the final 4 consecs then he catches up to me and passes me at the final right sweeper.

aww dude!! that suks!! that happened to my friend, exactly.
MAFD
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 01:04 AM

Team YG Revilution

It seems like in this version the opponents are very predictable like before. They are fast at exactly the same sections. So if you can pull a good lead and hold them off then you are guaranteed to win.
?wha?
  Posted: Jul 24 2007, 02:21 AM

ARGH going backwards today!! ran a 3'10 on iro dh! first I've done in a longg time >.< I think stock spoiler suits me better cause C-One seems to make me go slower. oh and I reversed myself TWICE....... once on first jump and once during jumps sleep.gif"
shfta
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 03:32 AM

IDW Spartan #13 >.<

Member No.: 16,787

only 1 person is in my way before i complete LOTS...Tak (Takumi) on tsukuba....lost to him twice...surprise me when i beat KT in 1 go...in tsukuba...lol
hope i can finish it without spend too much money...
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 09:40 AM

Added an 86 into my garage. Went for a TA spin, and it sunk my Iro DDH FD time just like that blink.gif 56"1. Tried the FD later and got 54"9, but not without several tries. X_X

Now, all the exterior upgrades go to the 86 since I'm done with the FD's (bar the expensive bodykit). The performance ones still go to the FD since it's not FT'd yet.

Finished LotS for a second time as well. Also changed the shirt of my character. The outcome is shown over at my avatar.

Also did 3'10"7 Akina Downhill Dry with the FD. Getting the hang of penalty cancelling now.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Jul 24 2007, 09:43 AM
MAFD
Posted: Jul 24 2007, 03:29 PM

Team YG Revilution

Had 3 games with SAVIS today.

1. AE86 vs RX8 Irohazaka dh dry - Was still getting used to being able to floor it through Iro and using penalty cancel - lost

2. AE86 vs RX8 Akagi dh dry - Lost as well...

3. AE86 vs RX8 Akina dh dry - He had to go so he asked me to fish him, accidently left boost on so was quite a fun match. - won.

Then I finally beat Ryosuke at Akagi (1st try of the day). Breezed through Akina with no problems until I hit Takumi. Tried 5 times and couldn't beat him. Need to get used to turning in early and using penalty cancel.

EDIT: Popped in after uni and had another few goes, finally bet Takumi by overtaking him at the RHOD then trying to block him throught the consecs. He overtook me at the 2nd consec but managed to stay close and pass him in the final section. Then had a game against Seiji on Irohazaka and have to say he was piss easy. I'm getting used to the whole brake penalty cancel thing too smile.gif

This post has been edited by MAFD on Jul 24 2007, 11:27 PM
Retsuka
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 12:06 AM

Grand Wizard

Member No.: 25,288

rofl, i missed out on the fun today =(, when are u nxt in MAFD?
MAFD
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 12:26 AM

Team YG Revilution

QUOTE (Retsuka @ Today at 8:06 PM)
rofl, i missed out on the fun today =(, when are u nxt in MAFD?

I will be in next Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. 9am-12:30pm on Tuesday and 9am-11:30am on Wednesday.
?wha?
  Posted: Jul 25 2007, 02:39 AM

woot played a bit of LotS. vsed ryosuke on aagi straight off the bat, managed to win first go with a good 70+m. I really can't grasp how people keep losing to him! Then ran a 3'01 on iro.... 1 tuning step makes 9 secs of difference >.> biggrin.gif and finally beat Kai outright biggrin.gif.

I find to beat Kai, you need to keep him from passing before the first jump, and clear it without him passing. from there its a cakewalk as the danger point is the first jump. I can clear it about 90 now so I pipped him from passing there
BDDEE@
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 02:53 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

i play it for the first time today
made a black gc8 .. lol i chose a girl as my charicter xD
got 2'58'1 iro dh and 3'04'4 on reverse
i still do not understand akagi dh and akina dh, uh is allright atm
i guess ill find out as i play more
shfta
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 02:56 AM

IDW Spartan #13 >.<

Member No.: 16,787

QUOTE (W7F@! @ Today at 8:53 PM)
i play it for the first time today
made a black gc8 .. lol i chose a girl as my charicter xD
got 2'58'1 iro dh and 3'04'4 on reverse
i still do not understand akagi dh and akina dh, uh is allright atm
i guess ill find out as i play more

wow...2.58 on iro and is ur first time playing... happy.gif happy.gif
how tuned is your car anyways??
and i m still not used to akagi yet...so hard to not crash...akina is alright for me...

This post has been edited by shfta on Jul 25 2007, 02:56 AM
BDDEE@
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 03:01 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

it is stock, only appereance upgrade on it which was a new muffler
first go on dh was 59'1 ... pretty easy with wall tech
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Jul 25 2007, 04:36 AM

I entered the arcade, debating in my mind on wanting to get either the S2000 or the RX-8.

When it was time to buy the car to add to the FD and 86, the coin slot jammed on me. mad.gif And when I did get the second token in, time ran out =_=

So in the end, the debate on my mind was never resolved =.=

sleep.gif And since the only reason I went was to add the car into the garage I had no extra tokens. crying2.gif

Did LoTS , beating Keisuke and Takumi on Tsukuba.

This post has been edited by Phoenix_Cypher_K1 on Jul 25 2007, 04:38 AM

93 Pages  1 2 3 »