Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - Blazin' Beat

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 22,818  ·  Replies: 130 
> Shigeno working on another new series
sprinter_tsuchiya
Posted: Sep 8 2017, 05:45 PM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 34,206

I found a review of the first chapter of the manga on YouTube:

SPOILER

*EDIT: I've added the link to the video and my opinion as a spoiler as it may contain details about the plot, just in case someone doesn't want to know.

This post has been edited by sprinter_tsuchiya on Sep 8 2017, 07:03 PM
Wanadrift
Posted: Sep 8 2017, 06:16 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 5,761

This honestly sounds so bad that I wish I'd never heard of it. Wish he'd just do some more side stories like Extra stage again.

I feel like nobody asked for this.

smokenrowboy
  Posted: Sep 9 2017, 01:06 AM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 15,792

First page of the manga in color was released:

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 512. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Hubba hubba! Both the girl and the GTR <3

I'd say this is a spin-off between Pro racer Kogashiwa Kai and Mika tongue.gif

This post has been edited by smokenrowboy on Sep 9 2017, 01:07 AM
Taro Maki
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 05:19 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 33,812

First we got Wings on a Car in Initial D facepalm.gif

user posted image

And now we got Wings on a Girl in MF Ghost!
laugh2.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 720 x 512. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by Taro Maki on Sep 9 2017, 05:29 AM
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 06:06 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,931

Why is her panty white instead of having the same color as the rest of her outfit? Everytime I look at her it looks like she's only wearing her underwear.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 08:05 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

Many problems with this chapter but I'm giving it time to find itself.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Sep 9 2017, 04:35 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (smokenrowboy @ Today, 5:06 AM)
First page of the manga in color was released:

https://media.8ch.net/file_store/e86036c7f6...0ef5cc1fb2d.jpg

Hubba hubba! Both the girl and the GTR <3

I'd say this is a spin-off between Pro racer Kogashiwa Kai and Mika tongue.gif

He's fucking lost it.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
hyungfanboy
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 12:28 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 48,802

QUOTE (xiao @ Aug 28 2017, 10:46 PM)
Yeah ~ SEB's been pretty lacking lately .. that or we just grew up laugh.gif

But Shigeno's drawings are starting to look charming again .. in a Crayola 4th Grade Picasso sort of way.

Also I think the protagonist is secretly a K-pop star ~ I'm definitely going crazy ph34r.gif

imgur.com/6znCbr6.jpg

OMG SURE IT LOOKS LIKE HIM, i also follow the world of kpop and sure they look alike omg it would be nice to have a korean character in mf ghost, god i am thinking weird again sorry.
xiao
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 01:23 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (hyungfanboy @ 54 minutes, 19 seconds ago)
OMG SURE IT LOOKS LIKE HIM, i also follow the world of kpop and sure they look alike omg it would be nice to have a korean character in mf ghost, god i am thinking weird again sorry.

괜찮아 지민은 귀여운이지만、제이홉은 신이다!ㅋㅋ wub.gif

That'd actually be really cool ~ you don't see too many Korean characters in manga. Although Kanata is half Japanese/English according to what I understood from the description. sweatingbullets.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
hyungfanboy
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 01:39 AM

Shmuck

QUOTE (xiao @ 16 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
괜찮아 지민은 귀여운이지만、제이홉은 신이다!ㅋㅋ wub.gif

That'd actually be really cool ~ you don't see too many Korean characters in manga. Although Kanata is half Japanese/English according to what I understood from the description. sweatingbullets.gif

Sure it would be cool, exactly i imagine him being half korean half japanese that would be even cooler. I am new here so i don't know how this forum works i've been waiting for Shigeno-san drawing again for years and just today my dream has come true, i see that i won't have to rely on fanfiction and i will have the chance to see the real thing, i want an anime for this!!! thanks for your answer.
xiao
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 01:50 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (hyungfanboy @ 9 minutes, 33 seconds ago)
I am new here ..

haha no problem!~ grin2.gif

Welcome to the forums!Stay tuned .. I'm pretty sure someone will eventually translate the manga \(^o^)/

Enjoy your stay in the meantime my friend ~
hyungfanboy
Posted: Sep 11 2017, 12:53 PM

Shmuck

Sure i will stay tuned i just love this world so i can't help but stay here. Talking about that i just discovered that someone just translated the first chapter so here is the link, thanks for calling me friend, i hope i get along well with everybody here.

SPOILER
kkullar
Posted: Sep 12 2017, 06:13 PM

Initial D Live Action UK Stage

Member No.: 38,511

I'm glad because at least we all have something to talk about, looking forward to see how it progresses.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Taro Maki
Posted: Sep 13 2017, 04:25 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 33,812

You want a Korean Character in the Manga ?

So what's his name than: Kim Young-Raceking ? biggrin.gif
And if the Driver is korean his Team members and the other Drivers must be very careful and obey him worship.gif , because he will "nuke" the Racetrack if he don’t get what he wants or is not in the lead of a Race ! rage.gif
Meteor
Posted: Sep 13 2017, 04:57 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

The North Korean guy wouldn't nuke the racetrack. He'd just have all the better racers kidnapped as instructors for the Best Korea Racing Program, where they would be "encouraged" to tell the world that they came to NK on their own, that they're being treated well, and that South Korea really really sucks.
hyungfanboy
  Posted: Sep 13 2017, 10:51 AM

Shmuck

For all of those who got me wrong, when somebody talks about korea it's always refering to the south, when people talk about north korea we use it's name, north korea. Anyway i would like a south korean character to appear. Sorry for not explaining this from the beggining, i caused confusion.
Meteor
Posted: Sep 13 2017, 12:22 PM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

No one was confused, so don't worry. Taro was making a dumb joke about North Korea, and I simply made another joke to go with it.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 13 2017, 01:07 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (kkullar @ Yesterday, 10:13 PM)
I'm glad because at least we all have something to talk about, looking forward to see how it progresses.

It will progress poorly.

Look at how this is going already. The promise of an actual race at the end of the conga line of time trials. Main character aloof as fuck and not so subtly being pushed as the dark horse that will beat everybody despite not going through the usual paces (not participating in the time trials, or at least not until the end) and cutting to the head of the line by default.

Why even read this drivel? You know what's going to happen. The only racer so far that has been given a personality is the first guy with the GT-R. Guess who will be MC's rival? Main character hasn't shown one frame of ability but the plot synopsis already guaranteed that he'll be a genius "beyond level" racer. He's going to cause an upset in the rankings, beat the GT-R (or whoever is at the top), and that'll be it, because the plot demands a long ass series of time trial qualifiers to get to the next actual race. Are you really going to invest in months of this buildup for a finish you already know is going to happen?

The usual rabble is already frothing at the mouth as this being the sequel to Initial D, forgetting that the series ended on such a sour and disappointing note after three years of a slow, agonizing, uneventful death. You wanted more of Shigeno in his post Purple Shadow "creativity"? Here's more. It's a bucket of shit. Bon appetit.
umustwait101
Posted: Sep 13 2017, 08:36 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

It's more about the process than the end result. The journey, rather than the destination.

user posted image

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Sep 20 2017, 02:20 PM
Tessou
Posted: Sep 14 2017, 11:56 AM

Group Icon

The journey is going to be 15 chapters of mundane time trials with no action and no tension, just like 1 and 2. Enjoy the journey.
StephanCTR
Posted: Sep 17 2017, 01:58 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,044

QUOTE (umustwait101 @ Sep 13 2017, 08:36 PM)
It's more about the process than the end result. The journey, rather than the destination.

This is very true. Isn't it the way manga (in fact almost all hero comics, books, movies etc.) usually goes? From the beggining you know that main hero will triumph in the end, but you still read or watch the story to see how it is going to develop. All right, Kanata will eventually stand on the top position with his tuned GT86, but I'm still excited to see how the story goes.
Tessou
Posted: Sep 17 2017, 02:12 PM

Group Icon

That's an incredibly vague look at how shonen storytelling works. The first chapters are almost as a rule supposed to have more of a hook to them in order to increase readership. The main character does not have to win in the end. Some of the more fascinating series' actually had the protagonist giving it his/her all and ultimately failing... which made the story more interesting because it broke the mold.

Death Note. Technolyze. Wolf's Rain. Trigun (Knives wasn't the real bad guy). Berserk. Hellsing. Silent Mobius. Elfen Lied (anime at least). I can go on.

I'd rather have the MC end up in the top 10. Not #1. But it's going to happen, because Shigeno put too much into the initial PR for this series. He telegraphed everything.

I understand umu's point, but if there's no substance to the journey, what are we really getting out of the destination? Shigeno lost his touch years upon years ago and this board was full of people complaining about it. Him bringing out a new series isn't going to magically turn his skill around. The guy is very obviously burned out.
The Sixth Element
Posted: Sep 18 2017, 09:31 PM

matter intangible

Member No.: 44,779

I just saw the manga release and .....the line up of JDM and EDM cars mixed up is what I wanted to see IN INITIAL D NOT MF GHOST!!!! Why did shigeno just make a story basically around the concept of the nuremburing time trials? Even in Initial D manga, the manga didn't cared about the time record because it is only to develop a point about takumi and how fast he is. Its a means to an end, and once you used that mean to create a good story, it usually doesn't work.

SPOILER
xiao
Posted: Sep 18 2017, 11:47 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (The Sixth Element @ 2 hours, 14 minutes ago)
SPOILER

3 chapters in and the story isn't doing anything for me yet ..

So far the only thing I'm enjoying is the Victoria's Secret girl & shots of the 488's exterior ~ now let's put those hands together!user posted image

user posted image
StephanCTR
Posted: Sep 19 2017, 05:02 AM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,044

I am still delighted that Shigeno-sensei returned to car manga, but as I am looking through first chapters I have a problem with two things:

- I don't really see why the 202X people would use selection of top 2017 supercars for racing, they could as well use 202X's electric supercars from the same manufacturers, which would play the role equally good. Especially considering the sterile style of their racing (maximal safety, no people around track, viewed only through drone footage). I think even the "real cars that needs skilled drivers" factor doesn't hold, since cars like R8 or 488GTB are doing half of the work themselves.

- When watching Initial D in early 2000s, man could feel some sort of connection between manga/anime and reality. Many of us had some old and not so fast car, but felt motivated by the story, worked on our driving skills, tried various Inital D driving techniques etc. But MF Ghost is pure fantasy story about pro racers with most of the cars being outrageously expensive (ok, Kanata will probably use GT86 which isn't that expensive).

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6