Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Vivi - Just For Me

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

20 Pages  1 2 3 4 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 41,741  ·  Replies: 475 
> The 200ZR, it comes alive! page 19
s12drifter
  Posted: May 9 2012, 03:12 AM

The Lulz Boat

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 23,696

QUOTE (ATRUM_Neto @ 8 hours, 42 minutes ago)
Okay guys, getting off topic here. Well back on topic, what's the next step for your Z31 S12?

LOTS! Now that i dont have a GF anymore i have more money to play with, I can actually get "serious" with my build, more focus and more energy for my build. Besides i think im done with women anyway their all just troublesome. sooo yea.

currently need these things.

aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator, walbro 400lph fuel pump, 3.5" piping from turbo all the way back, Wideband, Nistune, Coilovers, etc etc lots of stuff. still need to go to the junkyard and pick up a VG33E for my next build. lololololololol talk about money pit. another 40MM wastegate.

on the bright side I have some 3.36 gears i found through a S30 friend ohmy.gif their an R200 style i was SOOOO LUCKY lolololololol and they were a freebee
Spaz
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:53 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Walbro 400, you going E85?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
s12drifter
  Posted: May 9 2012, 10:07 AM

The Lulz Boat

QUOTE (Spaz @ 2 hours, 13 minutes ago)
Walbro 400, you going E85?

Yes sir I'd like to yea.
Spaz
Posted: May 9 2012, 11:04 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (s12drifter @ 56 minutes, 55 seconds ago)
Yes sir I'd like to yea.

Good man. Wonderful, wonderful juice, that.
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: May 9 2012, 12:37 PM

Part of the Tessou Signature Series

Member No.: 2,022

Well for a wideband, I'd get this one.
http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/product_i...products_id/357
I'd also contact Chris@christuned.com and ask him about getting you a price on a type 1 board installed in your ECU.

This post has been edited by HorizontalMitsubishi on May 9 2012, 12:38 PM
MetalMan777
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:36 PM

Snooping as usual

Member No.: 32,588

They sell E85 all the way down in Florida? I can drive less than a half hour and I'm in the middle of cornfields, but I don't have a damn clue where I could get E85. Yes, I do pay attention, and I can name the stations that do and don't have diesel everywhere I go regularly. Hell, I can think of places where I can get kerosene, race fuel, avgas, propane and CNG, but no place that does E85.
Wanderer
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:58 PM

The Watcher

Member No.: 35,816

QUOTE (s12drifter @ Today, 3:12 AM)
LOTS! Now that i dont have a GF anymore i have more money to play with, I can actually get "serious" with my build, more focus and more energy for my build. Besides i think im done with women anyway their all just troublesome. sooo yea.

currently need these things.

aeromotive Fuel pressure regulator, walbro 400lph fuel pump, 3.5" piping from turbo all the way back, Wideband, Nistune, Coilovers, etc etc lots of stuff. still need to go to the junkyard and pick up a VG33E for my next build. lololololololol talk about money pit. another 40MM wastegate.

on the bright side I have some 3.36 gears i found through a S30 friend ohmy.gif their an R200 style i was SOOOO LUCKY lolololololol and they were a freebee

Seems you've replaced one girlfriend, for another. troll.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: May 9 2012, 02:01 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (Cactus @ 24 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
They sell E85 all the way down in Florida? I can drive less than a half hour and I'm in the middle of cornfields, but I don't have a damn clue where I could get E85. Yes, I do pay attention, and I can name the stations that do and don't have diesel everywhere I go regularly. Hell, I can think of places where I can get kerosene, race fuel, avgas, propane and CNG, but no place that does E85.

I don't think I've ever seen E85 here in south Florida. But then, I guess I haven't really been looking hard anyway...
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: May 9 2012, 07:13 PM

Well I know why they don't see E85 in south Florida, Ethanol is very hydrosopic which means it pulls water out of the air. The more water in the air, the quicker your fuel gets watered down. The last thing a gas station owner wants to get stuck with is a large fuel tank half full of water and E85 he can't sell.
Spaz
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:09 PM

Group Icon

Here you kids go, enjoy: http://maps.nrel.gov/transatlas
s12drifter
  Posted: May 10 2012, 03:38 AM

The Lulz Boat

QUOTE (Spaz @ 5 hours, 28 minutes ago)
Here you kids go, enjoy: http://maps.nrel.gov/transatlas

think 1,300CC injectors would be enough for 350-450hp? on a V6 with E85? lolz im gonna completely drain my tank and all my fuel lines, i hear people always have issues because they dont drain them properly.

This post has been edited by s12drifter on May 10 2012, 03:38 AM
Rudy
Posted: May 10 2012, 05:01 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
HorizontalMitsubishi
Posted: May 10 2012, 08:09 AM

QUOTE (s12drifter @ 4 hours, 31 minutes ago)
think 1,300CC injectors would be enough for 350-450hp? on a V6 with E85? lolz im gonna completely drain my tank and all my fuel lines, i hear people always have issues because they dont drain them properly.

You're going to need to upgrade your fuel lines to at least -8 fuel line and you might as well spring for the ethanol rated stuff.
Spaz
Posted: May 10 2012, 09:16 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (s12drifter @ 5 hours, 34 minutes ago)

I'm running 1050cc injectors at low 70% duty cycle at my current power level. 1300s would be fine, you might notice a poor cold idle and extra fuel being dumped as you get off the throttle (read: popping, fire) but beyond that there's no reason they wouldn't work.

When I did it, I pulled my fuel pump fuse and started the car 5 or 6 times, let it die each time to drain most of the pressure from the lines, then popped the rail and swapped the injectors in. Then opened the drain bolt on the tank (some cars don't have them) and emptied the tank that way, I ran it down to only a gallon or so beforehand. Then filled up with a couple gallons of corn, flashed a baseline tune, and took it out for a 20 minute or so drive out of boost to burn away any 93 left in the tank. Filled it up after that and went on the dyno!

You should only need to replace fuel lines if your stock ones simply can't support that kind of flow. If guys are running out of fuel at 5-600hp on pump gas, be worried, if not, just run it as is.

Also note, Walbro is on the cusp of officially releasing an E85-specific version of the 400, so I'd wait for that.
Rudy
Posted: May 10 2012, 09:25 AM

Unregistered

Spaz
Posted: May 10 2012, 09:50 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 17 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
I think I finally get it, now.

Spaz - your CT is a reference to E85, isn't it? <.<

It's that or Everclear, take your pick. wink2.gif
Mazda ina Ford guy
Posted: May 10 2012, 02:25 PM

333 Half Evil

Member No.: 37,098

^Why can't it be both? Just not at the same time.
s12drifter
  Posted: May 12 2012, 11:34 AM

The Lulz Boat

Change of plans, I think instead of going VG33ET I'll be changing over to a VG30DET its straight bolt in, just need to wire it up.

why? VG30DET is a VERY well documented motor, 400hp is EASILY attainable with very few mods, 600hp daily driven and reliable is not unrealistic, tons and tons of aftermarket support.

transmissions built engines, solid lifters, lots of stuff is very reachable. i think the only thing I'd have to fabricate would be the single turbo manifolds, cross over pipes etc etc.

This post has been edited by s12drifter on May 12 2012, 12:55 PM
Rudy
Posted: May 12 2012, 01:15 PM

Unregistered

s12drifter
  Posted: May 12 2012, 01:25 PM

The Lulz Boat

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 10 minutes, 9 seconds ago)
I've never heard of such an engine. Do you MEAN VG30DETT?

VG30DETT or VG30DET it's all the same motor, different manifolds and different intake setup. the nissan cima and gloria came with a VG30DET (T3 turbo LOLOLOLOLOLOL)

again though, their very responsive motors.
Rudy
Posted: May 12 2012, 01:28 PM

Unregistered

s12drifter
  Posted: May 12 2012, 01:32 PM

The Lulz Boat

QUOTE (Demon Boost @ 4 minutes, 36 seconds ago)
Oh, no shit? I guess I learn something everday. At least you're not installing a royal bitch, version 2.6.

PPFFFTTTT thats a downgrade, why would i wanna go backwards derp.gif

single turbo VG30DET cool.gif
s12drifter
  Posted: May 13 2012, 03:16 AM

The Lulz Boat

the problem is the VG30ET single cam even if properly built even with the proper tuning, and forged internals. it will end up breaking something at 600hp, i believe this is because of cylinder pressures. also people like to "revv" them, these motors hate to rev past 6,500 and they have a crappy oiling system from the get go anyway.

the VG30DE oil pump can out flow even the best flowing pump for the Z31. why not use it in the single cam? because the crank snouts that spin the pump are different sizes. why not swap cranks? because I'd have to line bore the block to make it fit, and with the amount im going to do it will make the actual block weaker if anything.

what makes the VG30DETT more reliable? lolol as far as blocks go their the same thing up and down same bore same stroke, full floating wrist pin style, but the similarity's end at the block, the heads can out flow any Z31 head, even the "nismo" head. theirs less cylinder stress because it doesnt have a drop off like the VG30ET does so the head makes up more CC's especially since it needs two valves more. it can expel more gas then air that it can inhale.

its a great motor it really is.
s12drifter
  Posted: May 18 2012, 05:45 PM

The Lulz Boat

ooooh look at that nice fitment. mmmmm tasty.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 682. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

not too bad of fitment i think, sure it's a bit more crapped but thats the price you pay for more power.
Rudy
Posted: May 18 2012, 09:12 PM

Unregistered

20 Pages  1 2 3 4 »