Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Sophie - Don't You (Forget About My Love)

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

21 Pages  « 18 19 20 21  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 175,230  ·  Replies: 508 
> The Gun Enthusiasts' Thread
xiao
Posted: Jan 20 2017, 11:13 AM

moon bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

QUOTE (DeeBo @ Yesterday, 7:12 PM)
In other news, the Army has chosen Sig Sauer's entry for the Modular Handgun System. I assume it's a P320 built to the Army's specs. What do y'all think?

Woah momma really!? Didn't the entry level handgun for Army officers used to be the Beretta M9 since like forever ~ and prior to that the Colt 1911! This is definitely major news & I love me sum SIG's so looks like the Army's trying to equip itself with more tactical weaponry at least as far as handguns…

I had 2 friends in the Army, one was infantry and the other a tank operator. I asked them both if they were issued handguns, and the infantryman told me HELL NO all we got is our M4 & a k-bar. While the tanker said he had an M9 but would trade it in a second to go the restroom any time he pleased… laugh.gif crying2.gif

YOUTUBE ( https://youtube.com/watch?v=IyBfrf7iitA )
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 20 2017, 10:18 PM

'Murican

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 10,506

QUOTE (xiao @ Today, 12:13 PM)
Woah momma really!? Didn't the entry level handgun for Army officers used to be the Beretta M9 since like forever ~ and prior to that the Colt 1911! This is definitely major news & I love me sum SIG's so looks like the Army's trying to equip itself with more tactical weaponry at least as far as handguns…

I had 2 friends in the Army, one was infantry and the other a tank operator. I asked them both if they were issued handguns, and the infantryman told me HELL NO all we got is our M4 & a k-bar. While the tanker said he had an M9 but would trade it in a second to go the restroom any time he pleased… laugh.gif crying2.gif

https://youtube.com/watch?v=IyBfrf7iitA

The P320 is a very intriguing handgun. The 'modularity' behind is actually pretty awesome and saves money. I could buy a Compact P320 for $500, then purchase a sub-compact grip for $45 and boom I essentially have two firearms, where as I was planning on purchasing a Glock 43. I'm going to test fire it sometime and see how it shoots.

And as for issued hand guns, they were never issued to anyone except officers, staff-NCO's, and certain MOS's such as machine gunners or snipers, as their primary weapons were huge; that's for Marine Corps Infantry.
xiao
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 06:32 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (DeeBo @ 7 hours, 56 minutes ago)
The P320 is a very intriguing handgun. The 'modularity' behind is actually pretty awesome and saves money. I could buy a Compact P320 for $500, then purchase a sub-compact grip for $45 and boom I essentially have two firearms, where as I was planning on purchasing a Glock 43. I'm going to test fire it sometime and see how it shoots.

I know huh! ohmy.gif ~ cause the core of the P320 is that thingy with the serial on it, you can virtually lego-block any frame designed for it ~ how cool is that!

My question cause I'm a n00b ~ is can you change barrel-sizes effectively making the core of the P320 able to fire a wide range of calibers? unsure.gif

Also, I'm curious if anyone here's fired a Raging Bull? Been a fan of it since the Mad Bull manga & blowing zombie-heads in RE:3 with the Umbrella Corps in the mansion. grin2.gif
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 08:13 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

Glad to see the army moving to a better sidearm finally. I don't know much about the P320 though. The SEALS decided to move from the Sig P226 to the Glock 19 not too long ago surprisingly. The M4 and M-16 are probably going nowhere anytime soon.
xiao
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 10:43 AM

moon bunny

QUOTE (RalliKai @ 2 hours, 29 minutes ago)
Glad to see the army moving to a better sidearm finally. I don't know much about the P320 though. The SEALS decided to move from the Sig P226 to the Glock 19 not too long ago surprisingly. The M4 and M-16 are probably going nowhere anytime soon.

I always thought they used the HK USP .... need to re-check my Kojima facts~ unsure.gif wonder who uses the USP …
Sensation!
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 11:52 AM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

Some cops, some special forces, and the Bundeswehr.
SEALS never officially used the USP, you're getting it confused with the MK23, which is a different pistol derived from the same development programs.
RalliKai
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 04:42 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

QUOTE (xiao @ 5 hours, 58 minutes ago)
I always thought they used the HK USP .... need to re-check my Kojima facts~ unsure.gif wonder who uses the USP …

Yeah, I wouldn't be putting any wait on that if you're being serious. They made the AN-94 out to be the main rifle of the Russian army too which belongs to the AK-74M.
xiao
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 06:33 PM

moon bunny

QUOTE (Sensation! @ 6 hours, 39 minutes ago)
Some cops, some special forces, and the Bundeswehr.
SEALS never officially used the USP, you're getting it confused with the MK23, which is a different pistol derived from the same development programs.

Ahh YES! The Hk SOCOM … that's what I was thinking with the iconic laser-sight & suppressor from MGS-1. Danny Choo bought a Tokyo Marui M9 back in 2009 & went to the GSC offices to play a prank on Aki the head-honcho guy ~ and the sculptors got a kick out of his costume so much they nicked-named Danny "Salamander Gai" laugh.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 450. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

But yeah he totally got it mixed-up with the Hk MK23. James Patterson & Tom Clancy love assigning Hk's to their characters ~ shame I've never even touched one … but they look pretty sweet like SIG's.
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 21 2017, 11:02 PM

'Murican

QUOTE (xiao @ Yesterday, 7:32 AM)
I know huh! ohmy.gif ~ cause the core of the P320 is that thingy with the serial on it, you can virtually lego-block any frame designed for it ~ how cool is that!

My question cause I'm a n00b ~ is can you change barrel-sizes effectively making the core of the P320 able to fire a wide range of calibers? unsure.gif

Also, I'm curious if anyone here's fired a Raging Bull? Been a fan of it since the Mad Bull manga & blowing zombie-heads in RE:3 with the Umbrella Corps in the mansion. grin2.gif

Yes, you absolutely can. You can go from a 3.9 in compact barrel to a full size 5 in barrel for competition or whatever you want, to include caliber. The caliber change kits are about $400-450 dollars.

And I haven't fired a Raging Bull, but I've watched hundreds of customers fire one at a tourist gun range I used to work at in Vegas. Fucking huge gun and huge 454 Casul bullets. It was always fun to watch people shoot the Bull and their reactions, especially Asians and Europeans who don't get to experience fr33dom.
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jan 23 2017, 01:26 AM

Goddamn Electric

Member No.: 23,073

QUOTE (DeeBo @ Yesterday, 6:02 PM)
It was always fun to watch people shoot the Bull and their reactions, especially Asians and Europeans who don't get to experience fr33dom.

I hope they weren't anywhere near as bad with the muzzle-sweeping and shit as the tourists I always see at ranges in CA. It absolutely blows my mind that no one's shot/smacked/otherwise inflicted severe bodily harm on some of the clueless tourist bellends that go into those ranges.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 23 2017, 08:57 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Agreed. One time I actually had to duck sideways and shove someone's barrel upwards out of my face because he swept it downward while holding it and talking to me. I apologized for touching his gun without permission but when a barrel starts pointing anywhere but downrange I can't help but get a little reflexive...
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 12:27 AM

'Murican

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ Jan 23 2017, 02:26 AM)
I hope they weren't anywhere near as bad with the muzzle-sweeping and shit as the tourists I always see at ranges in CA. It absolutely blows my mind that no one's shot/smacked/otherwise inflicted severe bodily harm on some of the clueless tourist bellends that go into those ranges.

Each group of shooters were assigned a range safety officer and shoot one at a time. During shooting, the RSO must stand on their dominant/shooting side. This allows the RSO to observe, and if required, control the shooter's muzzle. If we needed to get hands on, we were more than welcomed to by the range master. We didn't fuck around with safety on the range and we've seen plenty of negligent discharges caused by idiots and malfunctioning firearms.

There was only one shooter that I've ever had problems with when it came to muzzle discipline. The individual had no fear for the gun, therefore had no respect for it. He was probably the only person I had to yell at when it came to safety.

EDIT: On the other hand some of my co-workers didn't have that much luck. Our M249 have bipods and one customer got behind the gun and as soon as he pulled the trigger, he dropped to the floor and the saw orientated itself towards the ceiling and shot a nice burst. He got kicked the fuck off the range. laugh2.gif

This post has been edited by DeeBo on Jan 26 2017, 12:32 AM
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 04:30 AM

Goddamn Electric

QUOTE (DeeBo @ 4 hours, 2 minutes ago)
Each group of shooters were assigned a range safety officer and shoot one at a time. During shooting, the RSO must stand on their dominant/shooting side. This allows the RSO to observe, and if required, control the shooter's muzzle. If we needed to get hands on, we were more than welcomed to by the range master. We didn't fuck around with safety on the range and we've seen plenty of negligent discharges caused by idiots and malfunctioning firearms.

I get that not everyone knows the golden rules (and that's why it's needed), and I'm usually a real stickler for safety, but that would probably give me the shits to no end. laugh.gif

At least you'd get to laugh at dipshits like Minimi Guy, though.
DeeBo
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 03:24 PM

'Murican

QUOTE (SgtXDNX @ Today, 5:30 AM)
I get that not everyone knows the golden rules (and that's why it's needed), and I'm usually a real stickler for safety, but that would probably give me the shits to no end. laugh.gif

At least you'd get to laugh at dipshits like Minimi Guy, though.

I really wish I could chronicle the shit we'd see at the range. The worst offenders were the insecure macho guys trying to prove something to their friends or girlfriends. Girls were generally better shots because they feared the weapon, therefore respected it and listened to our every instruction. Macho guys would always give me, "I got this bro." I'd just roll my eyes and wait for them to 'safely' fuck up before I took the reigns. laugh2.gif
SgtXDNX
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 09:39 PM

Goddamn Electric

Oh man, agreed. Watching some macho fuck-knuckle try and one-hand a high-caliber weapon is especially hilarious. You enjoy that, mate, I'll enjoy laughing at you and your busted nose. laugh.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 26 2017, 11:20 PM

ShiMACHaze

As someone who one-handed a high-caliber weapon at a range just to be a fuckstick, I don't see any reason why this is a bad thing. laugh2.gif Unless you find out that you're a better shot one-handed, in which case RIP wrist.
Sensation!
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 10:51 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (DeeBo @ Yesterday, 4:24 PM)
Macho guys would always give me, "I got this bro." I'd just roll my eyes and wait for them to 'safely' fuck up before I took the reigns. laugh2.gif

The fuck did you just say to me brah?
I play COD, I got this!
APX
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 10:54 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

From a noobs point: Is it weird that I had no problem with a high powered rifle?

Like my shoulder didn't hurt at all when I shot it a few times, that and the 12g shotgun I fired a few shells as well.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Jan 27 2017, 11:01 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

Depends on what is considered a "high powered rifle" from your perspective. wink2.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 11:07 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (APX @ 13 minutes, 7 seconds ago)
From a noobs point: Is it weird that I had no problem with a high powered rifle?

Like my shoulder didn't hurt at all when I shot it a few times, that and the 12g shotgun I fired a few shells as well.

Not at all.

Fact is, if you look far back in this very thread, it documents both Nomake Wan and I's very start in shooting, which was with WWII milsurp rifles, namely the Mosin Nagant and Kar98k. If you shoot enough WWII rifles, they will quite literally bruise your shoulder. But we didn't mind, it was fun as hell.

If you're serious about shooting and had your start with milsurp, you may need to overcome a flinch; it could be something as mild as blinking after you pull the trigger. When you step down to intermediate calibers such 5.56/223 or 7.62x39, you'll notice your muscles might be naturally overcompensating.

It makes for a neat POV, having your start with powerful milsurp vs the suggested .22. Both are good ways to start, everyone deals with a flinch at some point.
APX
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 11:16 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

Oh yeah, I posted the calibers I shot with on that day. handguns/shotgun/rifle (Which was a 270 winchester, so I don't know if it's weak or strong lol) They had the .22 but I didn't get to use that, mostly used the glock and colt. biggrin.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 11:24 AM

Group Icon

think the .270 Winchester is a bit on the stronger side. The bullet probably doesn't weigh too much, it probably feel similar to a .308.

There's a lot of factors to how your body will perceive recoil too. If you shoot it from a heavy gun, you wont feel it as much.

EDIT: I went back and looked at the old posts...again
Man, 2011 was a good year for everything. I should start collecting wine and liquor from that year, I bet they'll taste great. Didn't bin laden die in 2011? The only bad thing was the earthquake.

heh, I suppose this was my first time firing a "high powered rifle". I think I came a long way.
YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1rc4Vog-dk )

I remember I was aiming for a bowling pin on a hill.

This post has been edited by Sensation! on Jan 27 2017, 12:13 PM
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 01:19 PM

ShiMACHaze

And I remember we couldn't hit shit because the barrel on that Mosin was utter trash. But it's okay, because that Mosin was then traded for an M38 which had a beautiful, factory-new barrel in amazing condition which solved that problem in style. awesome.gif
Sensation!
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 01:40 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 21 minutes, 29 seconds ago)
And I remember we couldn't hit shit because the barrel on that Mosin was utter trash. But it's okay, because that Mosin was then traded for an M38 which had a beautiful, factory-new barrel in amazing condition which solved that problem in style. awesome.gif

Glad all our surplus rifles have stayed within the IDW family. I liked them all (cept the first 91/30 in question, that really was a Garbage Rod) and I really do miss shooting them. I think it's been at LEAST 4 years since I've fired a Mosin or the Kar98k.

Yeah...its been that long.

Up for an IDW Range Day again like old times, IDW?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jan 27 2017, 04:30 PM

ShiMACHaze

I'm always up for that. I too am glad that the good rifles stayed in the family. cool.gif

21 Pages  « 18 19 20 21