Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Go Go Girls - One Night in Arabia (B4 ZA Beat Remix)

Important Rules
• Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
• Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

184 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 199,007  ·  Replies: 4,575 
> Official Pro Wrestling Thread, IT'S THE TOP THREAD, YES IT IS!
Kamui
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 10:35 AM

Abba Zaba, you my only friend!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 469

wwf was cool back when the ultimate warrior was around!!! him and hulk at wrestle mania years ago woo!
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
GAARA
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 11:53 AM

UFC Light Heavyweight Champ, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson!!!

Member No.: 2,633

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Oct 27 2004, 05:37 AM)
some others to be added to the list

Big Show = Andre the Giant
Holly Cousins (Hardcore and Crash) = the Body Donnas
Rick Steiner = Junkyard Dog (JYD)
Evolution = Four Horsemen
Victoria = Alundra Blayze
Rico = Goldust
Basham Brothers = Headbangers

Nice, some of those I would have never thought of. And APX, I remember Gilberg, that guy was so funny.

wwf was cool back when the ultimate warrior was around!!! him and hulk at wrestle mania years ago woo!

Can't argue with that match. But, I remember in like 1998 or some time around there, The Ultimate Warrior made a comeback to WCW and confronted Hogan as a storyline. He gave some speech in front of hogan that was like 30mins long, the guy just wouldn't shut up. Then they had what had to be one of the worst matches of all time in WCW.

This post has been edited by GAARA_of_the_sand on Oct 27 2004, 11:54 AM
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 01:10 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Member No.: 1,751

QUOTE (GAARA_of_the_sand @ Oct 27 2004, 11:53 AM)
Can't argue with that match. But, I remember in like 1998 or some time around there, The Ultimate Warrior made a comeback to WCW and confronted Hogan as a storyline. He gave some speech in front of hogan that was like 30mins long, the guy just wouldn't shut up. Then they had what had to be one of the worst matches of all time in WCW.

Yeah i remember that re-match (WCW Halloween Havoc 1998) .. horrible horrible match .. another stinker that comes to mind is Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg at Wrestlemania XX .. so much hype and would've been an awesome match if it was planned and executed right but NO - big big disappointment mad.gif

i hate it when they totally screw stuff up, even on intention .. like when it was Goldberg vs. Bret Hart for the WCW title and Roddy Piper came out and rang the bell when Hart had Goldberg in the Sharpshooter to make him win the title and (in a way) reverse what happened to him back in Survivor Series 1997 against HBK ... no one cared really and it ruined a great title match ~ come to think of it, i think that was the match that Goldberg put Bret Hart out in .. it wasnt an immediate effect but a mule kick from Goldberg to Hart in that match inflicted the injury that eventually forced Hart to retire
Jin
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 02:02 PM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

Holly Cousins (Hardcore and Crash) = the Body Donnas
LOL

anyways Legendary Undertaker!
Taker vs. Hulk!
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 02:04 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

hehehe children were crying when hogan got pinned! poor lil hulkamaniacs! crying2.gif
GAARA
Posted: Oct 27 2004, 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Oct 27 2004, 02:04 PM)
hehehe children were crying when hogan got pinned! poor lil hulkamaniacs! crying2.gif

That I also remember and thought that was funny. I remember how the Old Undertaker would put his opponents in a body bag after beating them down.
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 12:12 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 2,188

Triple H is the best wrestler ever!!!! j/k
Möbius
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 12:16 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

I haven't watched wrestling in ages... wink2.gif

Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 05:05 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

QUOTE (GAARA_of_the_sand @ Oct 27 2004, 05:48 PM)
QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Oct 27 2004, 02:04 PM)
hehehe children were crying when hogan got pinned! poor lil hulkamaniacs!  crying2.gif

That I also remember and thought that was funny.

Yeah the kiddies were crying for 2 reasons: (a) hogan was their hero and was losing, and (cool.gif undertaker scared the crap outta them! laugh.gif
GAARA
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 06:15 PM

U know who I honestly miss seeing in the ring? Taz, I missed his style back in the ECW days. His bone crunching suplexs, if some one could make u say "Ohhh" with a suplex it would be him. I miss his matches with guys like Sabu, mike awesome, and Bam Bam Bigelow. I remember his first match with Bam Bam, he slapped on his submission, and Bam Bam fell back and they went through the ring! Then their second match(which I have, unedited) Taz tornado DDT'ed Bam Bam through the entrance ramp that was there at Heatwave 98', now that was a classic PPV.
Jin
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 06:45 PM

学校の乗組員

Member No.: 1,896

taz = teh gay
they should bring back the ulimate warrior, like they did before
or if they could....legion of doom...*sigh
GAARA
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 06:48 PM

QUOTE (phome @ Oct 28 2004, 06:45 PM)
taz = teh gay

If u watched ECW, he was the shit. I remember when back in 96', he f'ed up Chris Jericho. I remember in 2000, He choked out Tajiri with some barb wire. Taz was gay as a WWE wrestler, but one of the most entertaining guys in ECW.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 09:22 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

I never really got to see Taz in his ECW hayday .. but i always hated what WWE did with him ... esp. that stupid rivalry he had with Jerry 'The King' Lawler ... what will they think of next?

I've only been able to see some of the later ECW PPVs before they ended, with RVD and all .. which i enjoyed but im sure was not as good as when Taz was still dominating.

I did see when Chris Benoit crippled Sabu (another Chris Benoit DVD reference, they showed that match and DAMN its almost sickening to watch) pinch2.gif

Taz was kinda ok when he first came to WWE coz he was much like his character in ECW -> da human suplex machine ... i loved his debut match against kurt angle .. his T-Bone and Gargoyle suplexes were my first time to witness those maneuvers and man they were awesome. Unfortunately that was probably his only good match in WWE.

It's pretty sad to me when WWE get awesome talent and just dont know what to do with them .. i guess a main reason is that WWE has pretty much every great player in the game today and that there are only so many guys (and gals) who can be the main players and be in the spotlight .. some examples of good talent and their crappy WWE storylines (IMO) include:
- Taz (read above - him and Jerry Lawler)
- Perry Saturn (his thing with Moppy ~ WTF!?)
- Diamond Dallas Page (1st as the stalker of Undertaker's wife, then as a motivational speaker ~ that's not a bad thing .. that's a good thing!)

got any others? please share!!! wink2.gif
GAARA
Posted: Oct 28 2004, 10:07 PM

QUOTE (phome @ Oct 28 2004, 06:45 PM)
taz = teh gay

I forgot, the ultimate warrior will not come back because, when he did, it was one of the worst things to happen. The Legion of Doom also is no more, if u remember, it was either last year or this year, but Hawk (Seiji) died. And Smiley_DC2, every ECW ppv was pretty much good, but their years were 98 and 99. most of the guys u saw in 2000 were also there, like RVD. U have to watch heatwave 98' that was soo good, u will love the RVD match on there where he teams up with Sabu to take on Japans Hayabusa and Jinsei Shinzaki(aka Hakushi in the WWE, the guy with the japanese writing all over his body), that had to be one of the best matches period.

This post has been edited by GAARA_of_the_sand on Oct 28 2004, 10:09 PM
APX
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 09:34 AM

Join the Empire today! Or die, rebel scum!

Member No.: 1,473

I miss the sandman!
GAARA
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 11:14 AM

QUOTE (APX @ Oct 29 2004, 09:34 AM)
I miss the sandman!

I would say that guy had no wrestling skills but still was entertaining with his cane.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 03:23 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

QUOTE (GAARA_of_the_sand @ Oct 29 2004, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (APX @ Oct 29 2004, 09:34 AM)
I miss the sandman!

I would say that guy had no wrestling skills but still was entertaining with his cane.

The Sandman was also good at whacking those beer cans on his head! laugh.gif

Garra, yeah i remember Hakushi .. i think he was the guy who broke X-pac's (then as the 1-2-3 kid) neck. Also its funny u mention entertainment value (Sandman reference), coz last night after work i was watching Survivor Series 1997 (on VHS of course) and was thinking of all time greats in various categories like that, here's an example and my suggestions (the list isnt complete of course but here's a start):

Best Entertainers: Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Shawn Michaels, Undertaker, Sgt Slaughter, Macho Man Randy Savage, Rowdy Roddy Piper

Best Pure Technical Wrestling Skills: Ric Flair, Bret Hart, Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Ricky Steamboat

Best in Overall Strength: British Bulldog (RIP ~ always loved his classis vertical suplexes where he'd hold the opponent straight up for 2 seconds before slamming them down and even did it to people such as Psycho Sid and Vadar), Brock Lesnar (F5 to the Big Show ~ no questions), Big Show and Ander the Giant (based on their size of course), Goldberg (his Jackhammer on Big Show and Reese ~ OMG)

Best Entrance: HBK (Wrestlemania 12), Stone Cold (Wrestlemania 13), Undertaker (Wrestlemania 17)

Best Tag Teams: Legion Of Doom, Iron Sheik and Nikolai Volkoff, Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boys, New Age Outlaws
APX
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 07:31 PM

I miss ECW because the intro music to all the wrestelers (RVD's intro [respect by Pantera] was great)
GAARA
Posted: Oct 29 2004, 11:43 PM

QUOTE (APX @ Oct 29 2004, 07:31 PM)
I miss ECW because the intro music to all the wrestelers (RVD's intro [respect by Pantera] was great)

I missed it because it was the first place in the states to be out of the ordinary.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 05:58 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

ECW would've been even greater if they had the financial backing and promotion that WWE had and still has .. i believe there is still a demand for hardcore wrestling and the fact that it is close to non-existant these days in WWE fuels that demand .. why'd they have to get rid of the hardcore title anyways!? grrrr! mad.gif

i miss seeing the Van-Daminator ~ awesome awesome move. And since the ECW ring was smaller than the WWE ring, RVD would get so much hangtime on his 5-Star Frog Splashes! fear2.gif

This post has been edited by Smiley_DC2 on Oct 30 2004, 06:00 PM
APX
Posted: Oct 30 2004, 09:39 PM

Hell yeah the Van-Daminator kicked ass. ECW was way better than WWF/E
Phoker2
Posted: Oct 31 2004, 03:35 AM

IDW Full Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,051

thank you "gaara", i already knew ha wk was dead, thats why i said "*sigh"

anyways ECW, never saw that shit, but looked pretty stupid
rhyno and rvd, eh?

i dunno, i will always like wwe
nothing beats taker
omg gay-est shit ever = doink the clown and his midget

oh and luna...not cool

coolest shit ever, kane and taker shocking stuff with lightning
GAARA
Posted: Oct 31 2004, 10:34 AM

Well I have always been a fan of Wrestling and watched what ever I can. I'm surprised that no one has metioned anything about the Rock n Roll Express, The midnight express, DOOM, teh Skyscrapers, or the Somoan Swat Team. All were Old School NWA Teams. I also love anything that had to do with hardcore or japanese wrestling, It justed looked so tight. Hell, I even watched some Mexican Wrestling, my favorite had to be La Parka there.

This post has been edited by GAARA_of_the_sand on Oct 31 2004, 10:35 AM
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Nov 1 2004, 05:04 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

I didnt get a chance to watch a lot of the great 80s wrestling and wrestlers, so yeah unfortunately i did miss out on a lot of the legends in the game.

Anyways back to the present, gonna pre-order WWE Smackdown vs. RAW tomorrow .. it should be out sometime around the end of the month, which is just in time for when my exams for this semester are to finish! w00t2.gif
GAARA
Posted: Nov 7 2004, 11:28 PM

Not WWE related, but I watched the TNA ppv today and all I got to say is that the X division gauntlet was awesome and the Candian Destroyer pwns all other moves there are out there. For those who don't know, the Candian Destroyer is a flip piledriver, u have to see it to believe it.

184 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »