Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (IRC)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 10 unique listeners, playing Priscilla - Love is in Danger

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

183 Pages  « 175 176 177 178 179 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 71,047  ·  Replies: 4,571 
> Official Pro Wrestling Thread, IT'S THE TOP THREAD, YES IT IS!
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 3 2017, 12:30 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,751

The Jericho Network shows are all seperate podcasts so you'll need to search and subscribe to them seperately (like Austin with his two podcasts), so there's:

- Keeping it 100 (with Konnan, Disco Inferno and Juvi who is annoying as hell)
- Team Tiger Awesome (obviously with the TTA crew), and
- Killing The Town (with Lance Storm and Don 'Cyrus' Callus)

Starmaker on Cornette always bumps up the show ratings, but they've been friends for life so their banter is so entertaining. Gosh I don't remember the show number but a month or so ago they were on the podcast telling each other how much they loved one another. As you can imagine it was pure Cornette gold with f-bombs all over the place. Starmaker has an ongoing rivalry at the moment with Nova (ECW alum) so the stories about that at the moment are a fun listen as well.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 3 2017, 07:02 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ 6 hours, 31 minutes ago)
The Jericho Network shows are all seperate podcasts so you'll need to search and subscribe to them seperately (like Austin with his two podcasts), so there's:

- Keeping it 100 (with Konnan, Disco Inferno and Juvi who is annoying as hell)
- Team Tiger Awesome (obviously with the TTA crew), and
- Killing The Town (with Lance Storm and Don 'Cyrus' Callus)

Starmaker on Cornette always bumps up the show ratings, but they've been friends for life so their banter is so entertaining. Gosh I don't remember the show number but a month or so ago they were on the podcast telling each other how much they loved one another. As you can imagine it was pure Cornette gold with f-bombs all over the place. Starmaker has an ongoing rivalry at the moment with Nova (ECW alum) so the stories about that at the moment are a fun listen as well.

Thanks for the heads up.

The one episode I listened with Starmaker (maybe two?) were about his surgery and time in the hospital and, perhaps this was in another episode I listened, where he talks about former WWE manager Rico and his health problems and how a kickstarter has been formed to help pay for his hospital bills.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 3 2017, 08:40 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Yeah, last couple episodes with Starmaker he's either been in the hospital or was at home recovering after being discharged. He's been doing well raising money for poor Rico Constantino and helping the crowdfund - think they mentioned too that Jericho donated $3000 for him. I know jericho was trying to raise funds for poor Axl Rotten before he passed

Word is that DDP will be inducted into this year's WWE HOF. Good for him, and very very well deserved. Hopefully they induct Vader as well, who's only been given a couple years left to live due to congenital heart failure. I say induct him, AND get DDP to work with him to see if he can buy a few more years back too. You never know

Oh and BTW how much weight has Foley dropped due to DDP Yoga? I mean he looks good but almost unhealthy, sickly and kinda like what Dusty looked like before he passed away.
Tessou
Posted: Jan 3 2017, 09:41 PM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ 1 hour, 0 minutes ago)
Yeah, last couple episodes with Starmaker he's either been in the hospital or was at home recovering after being discharged. He's been doing well raising money for poor Rico Constantino and helping the crowdfund - think they mentioned too that Jericho donated $3000 for him. I know jericho was trying to raise funds for poor Axl Rotten before he passed

Word is that DDP will be inducted into this year's WWE HOF. Good for him, and very very well deserved. Hopefully they induct Vader as well, who's only been given a couple years left to live due to congenital heart failure. I say induct him, AND get DDP to work with him to see if he can buy a few more years back too. You never know

Oh and BTW how much weight has Foley dropped due to DDP Yoga? I mean he looks good but almost unhealthy, sickly and kinda like what Dusty looked like before he passed away.

Hopefully DDP's induction means a collection on the Network without them dubbing over his theme song.

Let us never forget the ridiculously great match that was DDP vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998. I always loved the way DDP loses his balance after breaking the Diamond signal in his entrance. The same thing happens in AJ's entrance nowadays. They're just full of piss and vinegar wanting to put on a AAA match.

Something that is curiously lost to a lot of fans is that in 97-98, DDP was so over that you would swear he was the top guy in the company. Even when he could only drag an "okay" match out of the hordes of shitty talents they had in the company, the people adored him. He would appear in the crowd constantly instead of entering from gorilla. He'd cut great promos on a regular basis. His finisher was one of the first to "come out of nowhere" on television, well before the Stunner or RKO. He looked a million years old but rarely exhausted himself in the ring. He studied the art of wrestling religiously and set up his matches well in advance (which is fun when you watch him in a match with Flair, who always called his matches in the ring).

DDP is one of the guys that got eaten by the business at a bad time. Vince was interested in young, big tough guys in 2001. He didn't give a shit about guys that if they were "small" or "old", even if they were rolling out fantastic matches, unless they were cruiserweights doing a good, ah, good, some.. lucha thing. GODDAMMIT, WOO!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1280 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Think about the idea of WWE buying out WCW in the mid 90's, when the two promotions were white hot. The Stone Cold v DDP match that never was, could actually have happened. DDP could have been more over than he was in WCW. We'll never know.

---
In other news, DEAN AMBROSE IS IC CHAMP. Thoughts? I think they're giving him a second chance at a major title run.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 09:18 AM

If anything, Ambrose as IC champ might signal The Miz moving up the card for another run at the top.
Tessou
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 10:29 AM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

With Cena and AJ at the top, I have a hard time believing Miz has any chances.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 53 minutes, 45 seconds ago)
With Cena and AJ at the top, I have a hard time believing Miz has any chances.

Well the E is pushing that Baron Corbin dude with AJ and Cena, so who knows.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 12:43 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 4:41 PM)
Hopefully DDP's induction means a collection on the Network without them dubbing over his theme song.

Let us never forget the ridiculously great match that was DDP vs Goldberg at Halloween Havoc 1998. I always loved the way DDP loses his balance after breaking the Diamond signal in his entrance. The same thing happens in AJ's entrance nowadays. They're just full of piss and vinegar wanting to put on a AAA match.

Something that is curiously lost to a lot of fans is that in 97-98, DDP was so over that you would swear he was the top guy in the company. Even when he could only drag an "okay" match out of the hordes of shitty talents they had in the company, the people adored him. He would appear in the crowd constantly instead of entering from gorilla. He'd cut great promos on a regular basis. His finisher was one of the first to "come out of nowhere" on television, well before the Stunner or RKO. He looked a million years old but rarely exhausted himself in the ring. He studied the art of wrestling religiously and set up his matches well in advance (which is fun when you watch him in a match with Flair, who always called his matches in the ring).

DDP is one of the guys that got eaten by the business at a bad time. Vince was interested in young, big tough guys in 2001. He didn't give a shit about guys that if they were "small" or "old", even if they were rolling out fantastic matches, unless they were cruiserweights doing a good, ah, good, some.. lucha thing. GODDAMMIT, WOO!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8F7wwojtuak/maxresdefault.jpg

Think about the idea of WWE buying out WCW in the mid 90's, when the two promotions were white hot. The Stone Cold v DDP match that never was, could actually have happened. DDP could have been more over than he was in WCW. We'll never know.

---
In other news, DEAN AMBROSE IS IC CHAMP. Thoughts? I think they're giving him a second chance at a major title run.

I know a DDP WWE-produced DVD is on it's way this year as well so expect a nice bio and collection of matches. Didn't he also drive the cadillac with Honky Tonk man at one of the early Wrestlemania's as well? Think i heard him say that on a podcast ages ago or something..

Also when Vince bought WCW back in '01 he (DDP) did propose a match vs. The Rock - People's Champ vs. People's Champ which would have been interesting i think. Hell couldn't be worse than the stalker and motivational speaker gimmick they ended up giving him.

Considering that he starting training to be a pro wrestler in his mid-30s, I think he had an amazing career. Also had some killer matches with Macho Man too

Interesting with Ambrose as IC champ too, but they do need something fresh after a million Miz/Ziggler matches - which is WWE's major problem at the moment too. They'll build a PPV match then have matches between the talent every freaking week leading up as well! WCW booking all over again... - also surprised they let Miz get away with that "you're sleeping with him" line to renee young (ambrose is a lucky bastard too)
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 04:35 PM

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ 3 hours, 52 minutes ago)
I know a DDP WWE-produced DVD is on it's way this year as well so expect a nice bio and collection of matches. Didn't he also drive the cadillac with Honky Tonk man at one of the early Wrestlemania's as well? Think i heard him say that on a podcast ages ago or something..

Also when Vince bought WCW back in '01 he (DDP) did propose a match vs. The Rock - People's Champ vs. People's Champ which would have been interesting i think. Hell couldn't be worse than the stalker and motivational speaker gimmick they ended up giving him.

Considering that he starting training to be a pro wrestler in his mid-30s, I think he had an amazing career. Also had some killer matches with Macho Man too

Interesting with Ambrose as IC champ too, but they do need something fresh after a million Miz/Ziggler matches - which is WWE's major problem at the moment too. They'll build a PPV match then have matches between the talent every freaking week leading up as well! WCW booking all over again... - also surprised they let Miz get away with that "you're sleeping with him" line to renee young (ambrose is a lucky bastard too)

All I got to say is The Miz is awesome.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82NmWMKCE0I )

Looks like Ric Flair's podcast MLW has been canned. sad.gif

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 4 2017, 05:03 PM
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 08:02 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Well won't be the first time Flair's podcast has ended, but i'm thinking he has way too much on his schedule and wants to lighten the load. Or maybe he got too much heat for the Halle Berry-space mountain story

at least Prichard is still around. Good Talk is Jericho this week with Black Magic Normal Smiley, and have been enjoying X-Pac's podcast too. Dude knows so much history on the wrestling business it's insane
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 4 2017, 09:23 PM

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ 1 hour, 21 minutes ago)
Well won't be the first time Flair's podcast has ended, but i'm thinking he has way too much on his schedule and wants to lighten the load. Or maybe he got too much heat for the Halle Berry-space mountain story

at least Prichard is still around. Good Talk is Jericho this week with Black Magic Normal Smiley, and have been enjoying X-Pac's podcast too. Dude knows so much history on the wrestling business it's insane

I had to look up what the heck the space mountain story was lol...

I'll have to grab the latest episode of Jericho with Norman Smiley as a guest. What's surprising about X-Pac is that he's got such a good memory for the business when he's had quite a few substance abuse issues in his past.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 5 2017, 01:05 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

That's true, despite the substance issues I think X-Pac, Scott Hall and Jake Roberts still have the sharpest minds when it comes to the business.

Very interested to see if Scott's son, Cody ever makes his way to NXT since he's doing really well in Japan at the moment and has a really good look. At the same time I hope he doesn't fall into the Curtis Axel spot, and for that reason it may be better to stay in Japan

EDIT: just reading that Rick Rude is another possible inductee for the Hall of Fame

This post has been edited by Smiley_DC2 on Jan 5 2017, 01:29 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jan 5 2017, 04:36 PM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

QUOTE (BOZZ @ Yesterday, 3:23 PM)
Well the E is pushing that Baron Corbin dude with AJ and Cena, so who knows.

Corbin is a fart in a bathtub. He's terrible on the mic and botches matches too often to be considered anything other than a lower midcard heel.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 5 2017, 04:53 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

HA! everytime I see Corbin I swear I'm waiting for his belly button to start talking
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 5 2017, 04:57 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 21 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
Corbin is a fart in a bathtub. He's terrible on the mic and botches matches too often to be considered anything other than a lower midcard heel.

Heh, he proved that with his "If you talk to me like that I'll knock your teeth down your throat."
Tessou
Posted: Jan 5 2017, 05:14 PM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

If Corbin wins any title this year, I'll be very unhappy with WWE Creative. He looks terrible, he wrestles like shit, and he can't do a promo to save his life. He's just not convincing at all in whatever capacity they put him in. He won the Andre battle royale, got a push as "a bad dude" that did nothing for him, and since then he's been perpetually bullying midcarders. Why the hell would they want to push a guy with no drawing power into the top tier?

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/WY1ebCpzc1M?t=17m4s )

WOW LOOK HOW POPULAR CORBIN IS

He's better off antagonizing the elliptical or the weights in the Performance Center. That'd be a feud I'd be willing to watch, and he'd get his pudgy ass in shape.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 5 2017, 09:19 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 4 hours, 4 minutes ago)
If Corbin wins any title this year, I'll be very unhappy with WWE Creative. He looks terrible, he wrestles like shit, and he can't do a promo to save his life. He's just not convincing at all in whatever capacity they put him in. He won the Andre battle royale, got a push as "a bad dude" that did nothing for him, and since then he's been perpetually bullying midcarders. Why the hell would they want to push a guy with no drawing power into the top tier?

https://youtu.be/WY1ebCpzc1M?t=17m4s
WOW LOOK HOW POPULAR CORBIN IS

He's better off antagonizing the elliptical or the weights in the Performance Center. That'd be a feud I'd be willing to watch, and he'd get his pudgy ass in shape.

Well, they haven't really done anything with the other 2 winners of the Andre the Giant battle royale (which is a shame, I think they should've done more with Cesaro with winning the first one, heck I love how he eliminated The Big Show - one of the refs are marking out when he lifts him up to eliminate him), so maybe history will repeat itself and Corbin will accomplish nothing?

YOUTUBE ( https://youtu.be/d4rWMDxggls?t=795 )

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 5 2017, 09:28 PM
Tessou
Posted: Jan 6 2017, 05:36 PM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

Okay, so if you haven't seen the main event of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11, here it is. The first Meltzer-rated SIX STAR MATCH in quite a long time, and it is fucking astonishing.

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJq0nJ4Vjc )

A lot of comments are about how great Omega is, but I'm more amazed at how fucking godlike Okada is here. The story told in the ring is that these two are willing to fight to the death for that goddamn title. Two complaints: the table spot was incredibly dangerous and reminded me of what happened to Rick Rude. The top rope dragon suplex was similarly dangerous and could have ended with Okada paralyzed or dead. I have no fucking clue how he didn't end up injured from that spot.

Six. Fucking. Stars.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 6 2017, 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Tessou @ 12 minutes, 26 seconds ago)
Okay, so if you haven't seen the main event of NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11, here it is. The first Meltzer-rated SIX STAR MATCH in quite a long time, and it is fucking astonishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJq0nJ4Vjc

A lot of comments are about how great Omega is, but I'm more amazed at how fucking godlike Okada is here. The story told in the ring is that these two are willing to fight to the death for that goddamn title. Two complaints: the table spot was incredibly dangerous and reminded me of what happened to Rick Rude. The top rope dragon suplex was similarly dangerous and could have ended with Okada paralyzed or dead. I have no fucking clue how he didn't end up injured from that spot.

Six. Fucking. Stars.

Thank you Tessou for sharing that, I couldn't find it when I looked earlier on YouTube. smile.gif

THIS MATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Six. Fucking. Stars. is right

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 7 2017, 05:46 PM
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 8 2017, 07:50 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

Tess thanks for sharing that bro, that was f**ken amazing!

The match had everything worth that 6-STAR rating - athleticism, pacing, psychology and story telling. I don't know how the hell either of them are walking after the top rope dragon suplex. Dragon and tiger suplexes are bad enough on the mat level, so off the top drop is bloody insane

Tessou
Posted: Jan 8 2017, 09:01 PM

Commandant of IDW
Group Icon

Okada should never take that bump again. Far too dangerous, could have compacted his neck. Great looking, though!
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 09:23 AM

QUOTE (Smiley_DC2 @ Yesterday, 11:50 PM)
Tess thanks for sharing that bro, that was f**ken amazing!

The match had everything worth that 6-STAR rating - athleticism, pacing, psychology and story telling. I don't know how the hell either of them are walking after the top rope dragon suplex. Dragon and tiger suplexes are bad enough on the mat level, so off the top drop is bloody insane

Well, now I know what that crazy suplex off the top rope was called. That looked really crazy especially the way Okada landed.

What do you guys think of the rumours of Omega leaving NJWP and jumping ship to the E/NXT? I don't think it's credible, especially in light of last year where quite a few top NJWP stars left; I would think NJWP would tie up top talent because of last year's exodus.

This post has been edited by BOZZ on Jan 9 2017, 09:33 AM
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 9 2017, 11:50 AM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

QUOTE (Tessou @ Yesterday, 4:01 PM)
Okada should never take that bump again. Far too dangerous, could have compacted his neck. Great looking, though!

YES! definitely save that for the video games only

And Yep Bozz that's a dragon suplex - pretty much a full nelson into a german suplex.

About Omega possibly leaving NJPW for the 'E', I'm sure his value doubled or even trebled following the Okada match.
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 08:34 AM

Heh, NJPW better sign Omega and others, apparently the E is looking into doing more regional championships elsewhere.
Smiley_DC2
Posted: Jan 12 2017, 12:07 PM

Akagi's LanEvo Killer

i wouldn't be surprised if the yakuza is set upon Vince if he ever tries to purchase NJPW

sidenote - i really enjoyed Kenny G on Talk is Jericho this week. I'm a massive Kenny G fan, obviously my parents would play his CDs at home while i was growing up and every Christmas, his xmas album would get constant airplay

..and Jericho's 2nd podcast this week will be with Kenny Omega (it's curly-haired Kenny week as jericho said) happy.gif happy.gif

183 Pages  « 175 176 177 178 179 »