Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing SaGa - -MADOKA- (English Version)

Anime and Manga Forum Rules
• Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
• Use the Search function or read the Index of All Threads before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal or actual warning (if this rule is violated repeatedly).
• Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.
• Discussion of yaoi/yuri is permitted, however, posting any sexual content and material is strictly prohibited and will result in an actual warning.
• Please use spoiler tags when addressing a spoiler. Violating this rule may earn you a verbal warning. Please read this thread for more information on how to use spoiler tags.
• Please ensure that when posting images that the images are at a reasonable resolution (i.e. 640 x 480 and below) or that you use a thumbnail to link to the original sized image.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

4 Pages  1 2 3 4  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 37,973  ·  Replies: 96 
> Space Dandy
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 10:42 AM

Patient Zero

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 37,947

I wonder if they'll actually get to plot in Space Dandy. I mean all the one liners are still hilarious, "I remember this song sucking less when I last heard it." But I'm wondering why Admiral Perry, Dr. Gel, and Bea are after them. laugh2.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 10:44 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 30,882

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 1 minute, 55 seconds ago)
I wonder if they'll actually get to plot in Space Dandy.

I hope not. If there's any continuity in the series, it should be scattered throughout the series, sort of like with Haruhi.

Also, the soundtrack was released today. Still no rip. Frustration rising.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1536. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of the Music Section Revival Project
Slade
  Posted: Mar 26 2014, 02:06 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 3,304

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ 3 hours, 22 minutes ago)
Also, the soundtrack was released today. Still no rip. Frustration rising.

http://i.minus.com/ibqc00D1lvbzq.jpg

Whoa awesome w00t2.gif

even a cassette tape?
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 02:15 PM

Patient Zero

You know... If they release Space Dandy Wiess cards... I might have no other choice but to get them and start playing wiess... Also, I have a cassette player in my car! THIS IS PERFECT! laugh2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 06:23 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Holy shit, a tape. If it were an 8-track I would've shat my pants from all the win. laugh2.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 07:10 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 46 minutes, 43 seconds ago)
Holy shit, a tape. If it were an 8-track I would've shat my pants from all the win. laugh2.gif

8-Tracks were never cool. The only reason cassettes are making a niche comeback is because more people used them, therefore more people are likely to nostalgia bomb over them. Both are still abysmally-shit formats, quality-wise.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 07:15 PM

ShiMACHaze

The OST is on CD. That's fine, assuming it's mastered properly. So anything else it comes with is entirely for nostalgia factor and not quality.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 26 2014, 07:29 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 14 minutes, 23 seconds ago)
The OST is on CD. That's fine, assuming it's mastered properly. So anything else it comes with is entirely for nostalgia factor and not quality.

Aren't the tracks on the tape not on the CD, nor released elsewhere?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 27 2014, 06:58 AM

ShiMACHaze

If that is so, that's pretty darned silly.
Slade
  Posted: Mar 27 2014, 08:52 AM

IDW Supremo Member

I found a rip of the soundtrack if anyones interested? I can post it here or PM maybe?

Some tracks sound like theyre right out of the 80s. I havent found the song they play in the next episode previews and occasionally during the show,so maybe itll be on the next volume.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Mar 27 2014, 04:09 PM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (Slade @ 7 hours, 17 minutes ago)
I found a rip of the soundtrack if anyones interested? I can post it here or PM maybe?

Some tracks sound like theyre right out of the 80s. I havent found the song they play in the next episode previews and occasionally during the show,so maybe itll be on the next volume.

I wouldn't post it here. It's available in all the usual places anyway, so nothing special. If you know how to pirate you'll pirate it. Just leave it off the board.
Slade
  Posted: Mar 27 2014, 07:43 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Well Kyon sounded frustrated that he hadnt found one yet but I hear ya,yeah Im goinga buy the actual CD when I get a chance.That set with the cassette tape looks awesome.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 27 2014, 08:24 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Slade @ 41 minutes, 1 seconds ago)
Well Kyon sounded frustrated that he hadnt found one yet but I hear ya,yeah Im goinga buy the actual CD when I get a chance.That set with the cassette tape looks awesome.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I did end up getting it shortly after I first posted about it. I've uploaded it on Jpopsuki if anyone's interested there.
Slade
  Posted: Mar 29 2014, 09:42 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Mar 27 2014, 09:24 PM)
Oh, I forgot to mention that I did end up getting it shortly after I first posted about it. I've uploaded it on Jpopsuki if anyone's interested there.

Lol. What is Jpopsuki?

The Season Finale is tonight.
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 30 2014, 07:09 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Slade @ Yesterday, 12:42 PM)
Lol. What is Jpopsuki?

The Season Finale is tonight.

Private torrent tracker for all things Asian music with a focus on Japanese stuff.
Slade
  Posted: Mar 31 2014, 11:24 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 8:09 PM)
Private torrent tracker for all things Asian music with a focus on Japanese stuff.

Ah ok,thanks.

Ok so how did you guys like the season finale?

Also I was wondering about the soundtrack...Toonami starting showing the original intro a while back instead of the other one cause they finally got the rights to it. Everyones saying the the 1st intro Toonami showed was made up just for Toonami,but the actual music to that intro is on the soundtrack and Funimation is likely putting both intros on the DVD/Bluray release.

The track is called Cosmic Adventure and its by Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro.Now I like both intros,but Im finding alot people think Toomani made it up for the show and dont realize its by a Japanese Band thats been around for a while now and the full song is is on the Dandy Soundtrack.

Thoughts?
kyonpalm
Posted: Mar 31 2014, 03:13 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (Slade @ 3 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Ok so how did you guys like the season finale?

I loved it. The story of robots developing emotions and falling in love isn't a new one, but it's one that's always captivated me. It was a very moving episode, and it was also the perfect episode to feature Anatato from the soundtrack. That song is absolutely stunning.

QUOTE (Slade @ 3 hours, 12 minutes ago)
Also I was wondering about the soundtrack...Toonami starting showing the original intro a while back instead of the other one cause they finally got the rights to it. Everyones saying the the 1st intro Toonami showed was made up just for Toonami,but the actual music to that intro is on the soundtrack and Funimation is likely putting both intros on the DVD/Bluray release.

The track is called Cosmic Adventure and its by Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro.Now I like both intros,but Im finding alot people think Toomani made it up for the show and dont realize its by a Japanese Band thats been around for a while now and the full song is is on the Dandy Soundtrack.

Thoughts?

Classic case of weeabooism, that's all. I'm still mad they replaced X Jigen e Youkoso for the ED, though.
Slade
  Posted: Apr 1 2014, 11:59 AM

IDW Supremo Member

QUOTE (kyonpalm @ Yesterday, 4:13 PM)
I loved it. The story of robots developing emotions and falling in love isn't a new one, but it's one that's always captivated me. It was a very moving episode, and it was also the perfect episode to feature Anatato from the soundtrack. That song is absolutely stunning.

Classic case of weeabooism, that's all. I'm still mad they replaced X Jigen e Youkoso for the ED, though.

I thought it was good too,but I was bummed for QT,since his lady was in love with the other guy and not him,even after all he did for her.The soundtrack fit really well for the end.

Classic case on me or them? I still keep hearing Toonami made that song for their intro of the show,its like no they didnt,look it up. I also like the song too cuz it reminds me Cowboy Bebop alot and Dandy has that vibe.
Slade
  Posted: Jun 6 2014, 10:11 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Season 2 will premier on July 5th. Yey right during AX happy.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 11:51 AM

ShiMACHaze

Awwww snap. Welp, Viva July! cool.gif
kyonpalm
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 12:21 PM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

YOUTUBE ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVde2A6zqUg )

My body is thoroughly ready.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jun 6 2014, 09:08 PM

Patient Zero

Oh man! Just in time for AX! Too bad I don't have any materials or time to make a cosplay... crying2.gif
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 22 2014, 12:51 AM

Patient Zero

So out of curiosity, has anyone seen the third episode of season two yet? Everything seemed way off model and super quality. Was it just the style or was it something else?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
kyonpalm
Posted: Jul 22 2014, 11:46 AM

Professional Amateur
Group Icon

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Today, 3:51 AM)
So out of curiosity, has anyone seen the third episode of season two yet? Everything seemed way off model and super quality. Was it just the style or was it something else?

Considering they swap out staff for each episode, I'm surprised you're only just now noticing a difference. This episode was directed by (and storyboarded by) Takaaki Wada, written by Hayashi Mori, and animation was supervised by Hiroyuki Aoyama. None of these people have had main credit roles in any prior episodes except Aoyama who also did animation for S01E02 (The Search for the Phantom Space Ramen, Baby).
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Jul 22 2014, 08:07 PM

Patient Zero

user posted image

No no no. I already know that they switch out staff. That isn't the problem. Are you sure this isn't a little bit off model? I mean I get Meow's face. He's hungry. But Dandy is just... I don't even know what that is. There's more in the episode if you want me to catch all of them.

4 Pages  1 2 3 4