Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing Mega NRG Man - Transmission

2 Pages  1 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 5,032  ·  Replies: 33 
> How to drift an FF?, Driftng an FF
Nakazato Takeshi
  Posted: Nov 20 2002, 06:49 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 31

My Friend can drift in a Auto......but it was somewhat easy for him since it's real wheel Drive *240 SX* and it was raining....
karasac
Posted: Nov 20 2002, 10:41 AM

Rotary Disciple

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 11

QUOTE (Nakazato Takeshi @ Nov 20 2002, 02:49 PM)
My Friend can drift in a Auto......but it was somewhat easy for him since it's real wheel Drive *240 SX* and it was raining....

again not really drifting, due to the fact that it was wet he was able to break traction and keep the slide going.
tofu boy
Posted: Nov 20 2002, 04:56 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 55

I have an idea but dont know if it would work. Most cars both FR and FF, the 80-85% of the foot brake is applied to the front wheels. You might consider adjustin the brake balance so that there is more brake force to the rear brakes. Also, use left foot braking as u go through the turn while also balancing the acclerator. This is just a theory, i dont know if it works or not. If it works and u live, please let me know, if not, well... i guess is good bye.
FWD,RWD,AWD
Posted: Nov 20 2002, 05:17 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 102

On dry asphalt (with the exception of tight hairpins) FWD cars are faster without oversteering. For a regular curve a FWD should left-foot-brake to achieve neutral-steer; this will produce the quickest lap times for the FWD car. If oversteer is induced that's lost speed.

However on hairpins, and basically all loose surfaces (such as rain, snow, mud, gravel), FWD should drift all the time (for max speed). The low traction makes it easy to drift; either by hand-brake, brake, or lift-off.

FWD,RWD,AWD curve ethos:
Fast entry = Slow exit
Slow entry = Fast exit

Therefore: Drift in - Grip out
tofu boy
Posted: Nov 20 2002, 05:28 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 55

interesting ideas, is kinad like reciating the times tables lol
Crono
Posted: Nov 20 2002, 06:44 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 99

if you ever drive an AWD like an Impreza WRX in the snow, and try to make donuts, the car just spins around. it's very fun and hilarious.
Aw614
Posted: Nov 29 2002, 06:28 PM

Unregistered

http://www.g-speed.com/eg2/videos/drift2.wmv
I found this video. I heard something about throttle lift oversteer.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=549459
bunta_boi
Posted: Nov 29 2002, 10:32 PM

Billy Jean is not my lover ...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 68

simple question:

would it simplify drifting if you added weight to the rear? like the time itsuki was in the back of the 86 and takumi drifted like mad? cant rmb clearly but yah......adding weight to the back would increase the inertia therefore making it harder to stop the car from regaining traction......right? dry.gif
FWD,RWD,AWD
Posted: Nov 29 2002, 11:07 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 102

Actually, no, when Itsuki was sitting in the back, it added more weight to the rear (drive) wheels; more downforce = more grip (especially important when traction is low i.e. in the rain) that's what helped Takumi win so easily.

For example, a lot of regular everyday drivers put a sand-bag or two in the trunk of their (rwd) car so that they wouldn't oversteer as easily during the snowy season. It also makes it easier to get the car moving if it's stuck in the snow.

2 Pages  1 2