Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing Dave Mc Loud - Street of Fire

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,557  ·  Replies: 12 
> What if: Impact Blue vs. Kenta?
fujito10
  Posted: Dec 17 2017, 09:05 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 47,812

Considering the many factors both Impact Blue and Kenta have, which one of these two would beat the other out and why would you think so?
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 17 2017, 10:14 PM

ShiMACHaze

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,394

Impact Blue. It was proven that Kenta doesn't have the determination to be a serious racer, which is why he gave up racing after a single loss. It doesn't matter where or how the race would happen--Impact Blue would come out on top.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Meteor
Posted: Dec 18 2017, 05:01 AM

Were you expecting something else?

Member No.: 20,929

This is barely a question. Kenta has literally nothing on Mako and Sayuki, not on any course, and especially not on Usui. Mako is one of only two people in the entire series to have gotten through a corner like C-121 really really fast. Kenta, meanwhile, has never shown any real driving prowess, did nothing remotely noteworthy in the one race he had, and even wrecks his car at one point because he thought he could easily imitate Takumi's no-lights driving - Takumi at least made sure he had a set of taillights to follow before doing stupid shit like that.
Yes, there are indeed many factors involved here, and they all have to do with Kenta being outmatched. The one thing he can do is make it down a rainy road, and even that's just through incredibly basic driving.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 18 2017, 11:44 AM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

This can't possibly be a real question.

Kenta sucks ass. He wanted to prove something to Keisuke and flubbed it in the only possible opportunity he had to shine. He ruined his only shot at being anything more than the guy they send out to kill local scrubs.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Dec 18 2017, 04:32 PM

ShiMACHaze

If I'm to be honest, of course it's not a real question. Look at the OP's post history. I'm not sure how he thinks he's going to catch up with the real spambags of the forum doing this, but it's clear that for some odd reason he's padding his post count with inane questions.

Figured I'd give this one the benefit of the doubt for the heck of it, but seriously, the guy's post history speaks for itself.
cob44
Posted: Jan 14 2018, 04:17 PM

IDW Super Cool Dude

Member No.: 47,187

Really? You all think Impact Blue would win? Shame.

Let's look at it like this:

How many times has Impact Blue lost a race?

Now, how many times has Kenji lost a race?

I think it's a pretty clear outcome of how the battle would end up. cool.gif
Skylxne
Posted: Feb 12 2018, 11:58 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,592

Impact Blue for sure. Kenta barely has any driving skills.
deeka_218
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 12:13 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 49,607

QUOTE (Skylxne @ Feb 12 2018, 11:58 AM)
Impact Blue for sure. Kenta barely has any driving skills.

Haha I Agree with this one laugh2.gif
Tessou
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 02:34 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

QUOTE (cob44 @ Jan 14 2018, 08:17 PM)
Really? You all think Impact Blue would win? Shame.

Let's look at it like this:

How many times has Impact Blue lost a race?

Now, how many times has Kenji lost a race?

I think it's a pretty clear outcome of how the battle would end up.  cool.gif

Looking at the overall series, Takumi technically lost more times than Kenta.wink2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Feb 16 2018, 06:50 PM

ShiMACHaze

I already know what both of you are going for, but I'm going to be "that guy" and point out the obvious--that we're dealing with win ratios, so the fact that Takumi had more races than they did means he's better.

I'm sorry. I know you're trying to be funny, but I just can't let bad math stand... crying2.gif
umustwait101
Posted: Feb 23 2018, 09:36 PM

Osaka-kun

Member No.: 45,912

While I agree that Impact Blue is the better driver/team, I think that under certain circumstances, Kenta could win against them. In the anime, Kenta raced Takumi on Myogi, a course where both drivers were unfamiliar with. I think that if Kenta were to race Impact Blue on Akagi in the rain, he would probably win. Whereas in most other courses and non-rain circumstances, Impact Blue would most likely win. Kenta isn't slow; or at least we're not led to believe he's slow. He practices racing in the rain, which is something that's difficult in and of itself. Kenta didn't stand a chance against Takumi because Takumi himself drives every day whether rain or shine, on top of just having Bunta genes. But, just like Shingo, Kenta is not a slow driver, and would probably easily beat any typical real life driver, whose skill level is probably around Iketani.

As for win ratios, we really don't know how much anyone lost and how many races anyone had except for Takumi and Ryosuke. Based off of win ratios, we can only conclude that Ryosuke is better than Takumi (since Ryosuke only lost once in his entire career). If we were to normalize the races, taking into account that Takumi beat Ryosuke, then that's a whole new level of complexity, in order to determine the likelihood of a team/racer being better.

This post has been edited by umustwait101 on Feb 23 2018, 09:39 PM
eatsuki
Posted: Jun 2 2018, 02:18 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

End of series Mako became a pro, so it's certain that she kept improving. She was already VERY talented to start with, so even if she is a pro in a female only series (that's what I remembered at least), I speculate that a race between Mako and very good racers like Smiley Sakai or Wataru would be close and fun to watch.

Early series Iketani could, at best, barely keep up with the Red Suns 3rd best driver. I guess Kenta should be about as fast as the Red Sun's 3rd best driver. So Kenta is slightly better than Iketani, while early series Mako was WAY BETTER than Iketani.

And that's before she became pro.
eatsuki
Posted: Jun 6 2018, 01:21 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 38,650

This Mako thread made me rewatch Takumi vs Impact Blue.

I've watched the series 4 times but most of the time I skip this race because the race order in the anime doesn't make sense. In the anime, this race happened before racing Ryosuke, so why is Takumi surprised that Ryosuke can copy his line? In the manga, it happened after, and that made a lot more sense.

What I feel strange about Takumi vs Mako, even in the manga, is that Takumi is chasing while using a car that has inferior horsepower. So even if he can copy Mako's line when cornering, Mako would definitely still pull ahead slightly every time there is a straightaway, even a small one, since the Sileighty has more HP than the 86. And all those small leads should add up, leaving Takumi in the dust.

It makes sense that Ryosuke can use that copycat strategy, since his car has more HP than Takumi's.

Edit: Just finished re-watching Takumi vs Mako, the race was a lot closer than I remembered, Mako was really good. Takumi was following easily early on, even following a perfect line for corner C-121 while Mako missed the perfect line by 3 inches. But after Mako stopped looking in the rear-view mirror and drove without safety margins, Takumi thought if she went any faster, Mako would have exceeded his limits.

A round 2 would have been interesting, because it could have gave Mako more chance to grow as a racer. I think Takumi would have won round 2 because after feeling the rhythm of the course, he can take the perfect line almost every time. While in round 1, Mako took the perfect line for a few corners (and getting better as the race went on) but Takumi was still a few inches more accurate than her most of the time.

Still, Mako is very good and no wonder she became a pro.

This post has been edited by eatsuki on Jun 6 2018, 02:34 PM