Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Vicky Vale - Dancing

Radio Podcast
• Subscribe to our radio podcast: RSS feeds (Does not work with iTunes currently)
• Direct download for the shows is archived here: Recorded Shows (Convenient if you do not want to use any RSS client)

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,978  ·  Replies: 7 
> A Retarded Person (InitialDRulz) - in Action
InitialDRulz
  Posted: Oct 14 2007, 11:04 PM

Over One Billion Double Penetrations

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 2,912

Alright, so i just did my first show ever, and all i have to say is this

f**kING WOW!

people telling me it skips like crazy, i was like how do you defy skipping, they say buffering skipping.......i was like alright. So i just played one of my personal remixes from the 'Just Like You Imagined' by Nine Inch Nails. i got off the stream as quick as possible to witness this skippingness. and holy bloody shit. I got no buffer at all, BUT THE SKIPPYNESS ENCOUNTERS EVERY 0.5 SECONDS T_T. What people were telling me was this (Song -0.5 (Buffering)- Song -0.5 (Buffering)- etc..). But when i witnessed, was this (i was off btw and switched the radio btw) (song -0.5 (NO BUFFER)- song -0.5 (NO BUFFER- song). Unfortuneately, this was coming from my end. So on the last couple of minutes, i turned on Trillian with my Performance Stats activated. What a shock, ShoutCAST was only using 8kb of my upload speed when it should be using 12kb....

in conclusion, DJ InitialDRulz will not be on the radio until i figure out why the damn program won't hog all of my upload speed due to the fact that it needs to in order to stream clearly. Yes i know that Trillian and MSN uses upload speed as well, but Trillian overall logged that (8.6kb constant to be exact). So yeah, until i resolve this shit, i won't be on. tongue.gif. i'll be back XD

This post has been edited by InitialDRulz on Feb 17 2008, 01:31 AM
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 15 2007, 11:17 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

Um... if your internets got capped, there's no way you'd have enough bandwidth for the radio... lol.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
Alex
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 06:11 AM

OG Member

Member No.: 111

I really wish someone else could have witnessed and explained instead of you. I don't understand what the hell you're trying to get across half of the time, lol.
I remember someone telling me to avoid vbr (variable bit rate) songs on the radio because that just doesn't want to work and won't broadcast correctly.
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 21 2007, 06:22 AM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

VBR or CBR shouldn't matter at all, because you aren't broadcasting an MP3 anyway. You're broadcasting audio recorded from what you're hearing. If I play a video in the background, people listening can hear its audio. If I load a MOD or SPC file into Winamp and play it, it'll play just fine on the radio because all the radio cares about is hearing audio.
InitialDRulz
  Posted: Feb 17 2008, 01:30 AM

Well dudes, i've finally be able to hit the streams now. With just a bit of modifications

Now:
1) Dial Up Users can listen without that much buffering compared to other users due to that i'll be broadcasting at a lower rate biggrin.gif

2) My Stereo Mix isn't working because my USB Sound Card doesn't support it xD but i still can talk on the radio, just no music running in the background. its either talk and no music, or music and no talk.

3) I cannot take requests i'm afraid. It will lag the shit out of my PC and then all this mess of buffering happens. Unless you make them before the show

My show happens between 4:30pm - 5:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays (my time) (Approved by Perry). This means that there is a 30 minute gap between my ending show and Dons show. (Saturday my day is Friday on Don's day). Umm, yeah happy.gif

Catch you guys next week.

EDIT:

Tesso:
Hare Hare Yukai [Euro Mix]
Bouken Desho Desho [Euro Mix

This post has been edited by InitialDRulz on Feb 17 2008, 01:37 AM
Möbius
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 08:37 AM

IDW Top Poster

Member No.: 3,524

QUOTE (InitialDRulz @ Today at 5:30 AM)
Well dudes, i've finally be able to hit the streams now. With just a bit of modifications

Now:
1) Dial Up Users can listen without that much buffering compared to other users due to that i'll be broadcasting at a lower rate biggrin.gif

2) My Stereo Mix isn't working because my USB Sound Card doesn't support it xD but i still can talk on the radio, just no music running in the background. its either talk and no music, or music and no talk.

3) I cannot take requests i'm afraid. It will lag the shit out of my PC and then all this mess of buffering happens. Unless you make them before the show

My show happens between 4:30pm - 5:30pm on Saturdays and Sundays (my time) (Approved by Perry). This means that there is a 30 minute gap between my ending show and Dons show. (Saturday my day is Friday on Don's day). Umm, yeah happy.gif

Catch you guys next week.

EDIT:

Tesso:
Hare Hare Yukai [Euro Mix]
Bouken Desho Desho [Euro Mix

You really should start posting GMT time zone disclaimers on your posts. tongue.gif
InitialDRulz
  Posted: Feb 17 2008, 01:03 PM

Ok, i'm on at 9:30pm - 10:30pm (GMT -08:00).
Then 30 minutes later. DJ Phoenix Wrights show starts.

Is that better?

Oh shit i'm so tired right now >.<
Tessou
Posted: Feb 17 2008, 02:26 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

For those of you in North America, run off of this easy schedule.

PST 9:30pm - 10:30pm
MST 10:30pm - 11:30pm
CST 11:30pm - 12:30am
EST 12:30am - 1:30am