Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 9 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) David Dima - Bad Love

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 28,439  ·  Replies: 135 
> DFW where you at?!
dk369
Posted: Oct 9 2008, 09:15 PM

IDW Expert Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 28,627

QUOTE (dk369 @ Today at 2:25 PM)
yea.... but i bet they arent as good as me when it comes to driving on iro. cuz i spend all my money on that one course. i mean though i dont have top time im in 2nd on the list. on iro uphill wet. and could you give me some card names? cuz after this saturday im going to start taking down names on who i kill on iro

oh.... and i need to know when dallas ppl come to gametown in San Antoino. so that way i can be there.
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Oct 9 2008, 10:45 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 5,336

The guy you wanna get in touch with is Greg (GGawaran). He was the best in Dallas at ID4, and he's also probably the most likely to hit up SA, considering he worked at GameTown up here and knows Jason and Matt.

This post has been edited by Ke6dRt on Oct 9 2008, 10:50 PM
icedagger
Posted: Oct 9 2008, 10:58 PM

Slowpoke...

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 18,773

@Ke6dRt:

Ah I see. smile.gif Cool. That means he can probably go a second or two faster in v1.5. Thanks for the info. For an instant I thought it might be someone else. tongue.gif

You play Extreme Stage online, right? Add me sometime, maybe we could have a few friendly battles every now and then. smile.gif

PSN: icedagger

dk369
Posted: Oct 10 2008, 03:51 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 28,627

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM)
The guy you wanna get in touch with is Greg (GGawaran). He was the best in Dallas at ID4, and he's also probably the most likely to hit up SA, considering he worked at GameTown up here and knows Jason and Matt.

ok... cool.... i know jason that works at the gametown down here. was gregs card name like 71001 or something like that?
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Apr 28 2009, 09:59 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Anyone still here? lol grin2.gif

I know it doesn't sound like much, but the official word from Gameworks employees is they might be getting Initial D 4. Apparently it's on the list of games they want to get, and it depends on how well Gameworks does in the immediate future as to if they'll get it. Of course with ID5 out now... they kinda late, hehe. But whatever, I'll still play it. w00t2.gif Maximum Tune 3DX is on this list as well.

Any DFW posters still around? If not... I guess this thread will have to die again. Oh well, it was a nice run for a while. GG. cool.gif
Air23
Posted: May 2 2009, 07:17 PM

IDW Goddess Member

Member No.: 32,583

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Apr 29 2009, 12:59 AM)
Anyone still here? lol grin2.gif

I know it doesn't sound like much, but the official word from Gameworks employees is they might be getting Initial D 4. Apparently it's on the list of games they want to get, and it depends on how well Gameworks does in the immediate future as to if they'll get it. Of course with ID5 out now... they kinda late, hehe. But whatever, I'll still play it. w00t2.gif Maximum Tune 3DX is on this list as well.

Any DFW posters still around? If not... I guess this thread will have to die again. Oh well, it was a nice run for a while. GG. cool.gif

OMG A DFW THREAD!!! :]

yess,i live in the DFW area!!! :]

wheree do you playy at?
Ke6dRt
  Posted: May 4 2009, 09:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Hey what's up? w00t2.gif

I usually play at Gameworks, at Grapevine Mills Mall. I don't think anyone around here has ID4 but they do have Maximum Tune 3. If you head up there on a Saturday night you'll probably find a good crowd playing.

They have Initial D 3 but it's pretty broken, lol. For that the best location is probably Adventure Landing in Dallas. It's on Coit Road close to the George Bush Turnpike.
Air23
Posted: May 5 2009, 01:23 PM

IDW Goddess Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Today, 12:53 AM)
Hey what's up? w00t2.gif

I usually play at Gameworks, at Grapevine Mills Mall. I don't think anyone around here has ID4 but they do have Maximum Tune 3. If you head up there on a Saturday night you'll probably find a good crowd playing.

They have Initial D 3 but it's pretty broken, lol. For that the best location is probably Adventure Landing in Dallas. It's on Coit Road close to the George Bush Turnpike.

gameworks....ive been up there twicee,so i knoww what they have.andd thats where i got my IDV3 card fromm tongue.gif
i can never get up there sincee i live south of fort worth.myy bf goess to main event by hulen pretty often,mainly weekends,to play V3.i go sometimess.

the machiness i play on work good.only prob is that the left oness card reader wont work,and theyree not linked.plus,noo cards,EVER sad.gif
theree is a place in dallas that has V4(the postt was from august 2008,so idk if they still have it).

but,what was this about gameworkss getting MT3DX and V4?

(lol,main eventt lewisville already beat gameworks in getting MT3DX)
Ke6dRt
  Posted: May 5 2009, 09:00 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I dunno what the chances are of Gameworks getting those games. The employees there want to get them but it's not up to them, it's up to the corporate suits I guess. dry.gif
Air23
Posted: May 6 2009, 11:43 AM

IDW Goddess Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Today, 12:00 AM)
I dunno what the chances are of Gameworks getting those games. The employees there want to get them but it's not up to them, it's up to the corporate suits I guess. dry.gif

oh,well we cann only hope

though,main event ft worth is fixing to start redoing their game floor
their getting and getting rid of gamess
they said there is a chance of gettingg WMMT3 or 3DX,and upgradingg to V4 or maybe even 5(the chancee of upgrading to 5 is slim,since theres only a japanesee version rite now)

so,havee you been to the putt putt by the parks mall to see if there aree V3 cabs there??
if so,do they havee cards?

im thinking about going there soon
Ke6dRt
  Posted: May 6 2009, 09:25 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I went there once a few years back, and at the time they did have Initial D 3. No idea if they still do or what the condition is.
Air23
Posted: May 7 2009, 05:45 PM

IDW Goddess Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Today, 12:25 AM)
I went there once a few years back, and at the time they did have Initial D 3. No idea if they still do or what the condition is.

oh,well i mayyy call there and ask

so,what car(s) do you drive?

ps-you can go to gameworks and get free IDV3 cards by picking up what kids made and left at the cab.thats howw my bf got his first card,and like 4 others tongue.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: May 7 2009, 09:20 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

My main car in ID3 was a Sil80. In MT3 I drive a Z33.
Air23
Posted: May 8 2009, 11:29 AM

IDW Goddess Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Today, 12:20 AM)
My main car in ID3 was a Sil80.  In MT3 I drive a Z33.

my mainn one is a evo6.i alsoo drive an ER34
in MT2,i usee an RX7,and in MT3,i use an RX8
if i ever play 3DX,im goingg to get the Z34

doess gameworks keep the IDV3/MT cabs loaded with cardss?

EDIT:putt putt no longer has V3 sad.gif

This post has been edited by Rachel on May 8 2009, 05:44 PM
Ke6dRt
  Posted: May 8 2009, 09:49 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Yeah Gameworks is usually pretty good about keeping the machines stocked.
Air23
Posted: May 9 2009, 09:56 AM

IDW Goddess Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Today, 12:49 AM)
Yeah Gameworks is usually pretty good about keeping the machines stocked.

like,how often(like in a week)do they restock them if theyy run out?

and have you checked out main event lewisville yett? rolleyes.gif
Ke6dRt
  Posted: May 13 2009, 09:47 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I dunno if they have a set time frame to restock them. They almost always have cards, and if you ever find the machines without cards just let an employee know, they'll restock them right then.

I'm going to Main Event Lewisville either tomorrow or Friday. w00t2.gif I gotta go before work though, I work swing shift. So I'll show up when they open at 11am. Or maybe I'll go Saturday morning but I'll be outta town in the afternoon.
Air23
Posted: May 14 2009, 02:36 PM

IDW Goddess Member

QUOTE (Ke6dRt @ Today, 12:47 AM)
I dunno if they have a set time frame to restock them.  They almost always have cards, and if you ever find the machines without cards just let an employee know, they'll restock them right then.

I'm going to Main Event Lewisville either tomorrow or Friday.  w00t2.gif    I gotta go before work though, I work swing shift.  So I'll show up when they open at 11am.  Or maybe I'll go Saturday morning but I'll be outta town in the afternoon.

well,check this
last time my bf was at gameworks(over SB),he met a guy who let him use his 300ZX card.he asked if he had played DX yet,and he said a place in lewisville had it.
another day while me and him were at main event fort worth,the IDV3 cab had to be restarted.while we waited,we talked about maxi tune.he named off places that had it(like grapevine and lewisville.).he didnt know which version each place had,but when he said lewisville,i thought of what the guy at gameworks told my bf
idk if its confirmed,but theres a pretty good chance
and,dont get your hopes up on a tuning card for DX.main event usually never buys cards for machines like that.once theyre gone,theyre gone
its like that with the V3 cabs

This post has been edited by Rachel on May 14 2009, 02:38 PM
JeffForSale!
Posted: Jan 9 2011, 03:50 PM

Is for sale!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 771

I know this is a long shot, but is anyone still around? And would they know of any machines in the area?

I just recently got to play a buttload of BG4 and ID5 and I'd really really like to play again..talk about addicting laugh.gif
Synergy*
Posted: Jan 10 2011, 07:57 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,844

I just recently got back into IDV3, but I dont think anyone is still here. I've been calling around but I can't find any machines except speedzone, and their machines are horrible.
Varcion
Posted: Mar 29 2011, 09:36 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

Any1 still alive out here? Just wondering....might be heading back for a few days and i know im gonna get bored sometime there.
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Aug 12 2011, 08:53 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

I'm alive!! w00t2.gif

But the Initial D scene here is long dead... sad.gif

I've been missing it a lot lately, so much that I dusted off my copy of Extreme Stage and been playing that. Still a lot of fun!

So anyway, seems that a decent ID machine doesn't exist anywhere in the area anymore. Shoot, I'd road trip it if I found out some place in like Houston or San Antonio has 6 or even 5. Anyone know?
Varcion
Posted: Aug 13 2011, 08:26 AM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

J, As of this moment, only Round 1 in SoCal has 6 right now. Golfland in Norcal is suppose to get it, but no1 confirmed if the machines are up and running. If ur making a roadtrip, have deep pockets, cuz most likely its gonna cost well over a hundred to bucks to get a FS(its called FULL SPEC now, no longer TUNE) car.(7 bucks for card, 1 buck per play) Greg got his 86 FSed last time he came visit, and Will is gonna come down October. Might want to make the trip soon, as we still haven't seen a good Sil80 driver here yet even though its a decent car.
Ke6dRt
  Posted: Aug 20 2011, 01:03 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Ohh man... I'm goin. w00t2.gif
TM95
Posted: Apr 15 2012, 07:48 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 38,538

I have been looking for any signs of life in DFW lately. All I have left is V2 at the Allen movie theaters. Anywhere me and my bro can play V3 or higher. I'm sure willing to make a road trip. Still have my cards from before adventure landing sold theirs.

6 Pages  « 3 4 5 6