Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing m.o.v.e - 1969 (Album Edit)

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 39,098  ·  Replies: 136 
> HomieGohan | Track car, Global Time Attack | Nasa Utah
case
Posted: Feb 15 2013, 10:36 PM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,933

QUOTE (FC_spec @ Today, 8:00 AM)
I just been focusing on suspension to get the best handling as possible, cooling,

^ that made me think of something that I ran into, any track where you'll go over maybe 120-130mph you will probably start running into problems where your rad fan (if stock) will start cutting into your rad hoses; the airflow will bend the fan back enough to hit the expanded hoses after several runs. Samco's will help you not do this. I got lucky when that happened to me during a practice and was able to buy a spare set from of the guys at the track but I would've been screwed during the competition otherwise. Figure I'll try to save you the trouble. wink2.gif
Banken
Posted: Feb 16 2013, 01:59 AM

IDW Goldmember

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 22,465

Using a hose with a spring form inside of it would prevent that, and would also prevent the radiator>engine hose from shutting at high rpms due to vacuum. It's also cheaper than a Samco hose.
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Feb 26 2013, 03:05 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Member No.: 38,401

Got an email today with this video from last years recap. It doesn't show any Lap battle, you do get to see some Wheel to Wheel racing Porsche
YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/6xwWQt7wWKw )
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Feb 28 2013, 09:50 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Holy shit.... Yeah it was time to have these changed out.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1023 x 612. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1023 x 612. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

If you look closely you can see my oem trailing arm bent from the previous owner who got rear ended. This should of been changed out when it got inspected and this caused the issue of me only being able to get NO MORE THAN -1.0 camber in the rear!
user posted image
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 16 2013, 07:55 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Hmhm. I remember seeing something on Facebook about a new part coming in!~ What's the news on the car now since race day is only about a week away?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Mar 16 2013, 09:49 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Yeah a lot has happened the last two weeks, I wish I had a decent camera to post pictures more often. I did get a call from my good friend today to go pick up my front bumper with the new down force set up! Excited and cant wait to see the improved difference smile.gif

And an update for everyone who follows this thread, 2 weeks left till my first race (03/30)! Getting tuned next week, i'll post a pictures of my car on the dyno and numbers my car gets. I really hope to make 300whp even though I am satisfied with the speed I have right now. All the purchases I have done this winter for all dedicated for cooling and handling purposes, once I feel quicker or if something goes wrong with the engine then i'll do some engine upgraded mods.

Lowering the car tomorrow 1" - 2.0" depending how the slicks fit. Hauling the car to Innovative-Garage this week to get the race alignment / corner balance so I can have put on the dyno like I explained up above.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1154. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 2048 x 1154. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

And here are some crappy cell phone pictures.

Picture of the new Mishimoto radiator and my friend helping me change out the Spark plugs, of course went with iridium NGK 1 step colder.
user posted image

user posted image

Box of the Mishimoto radiator and my RPF-1's done from getting powder coated.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

My new Corbeau seat, I did receive the Corbeau 5-point harness this week as well but haven't taken any pictures of it yet.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 1024. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Mar 16 2013, 09:57 PM
Spaz
Posted: Mar 16 2013, 09:56 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

SICK!
Now that's a bumper I might not feel too bad about waving by. wink2.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
chillined
Posted: Mar 17 2013, 08:54 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,552

300whp is your goal? I'd like to know what you're running to reach that power level. I'm looking at a VF30 turbo with supporting mods, TGV deletes, FMIC.

And I'm jealous of your bumper, what are the canards made out of?
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Mar 17 2013, 02:46 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

QUOTE (chillined @ 5 hours, 51 minutes ago)
300whp is your goal? I'd like to know what you're running to reach that power level. I'm looking at a VF30 turbo with supporting mods, TGV deletes, FMIC.

And I'm jealous of your bumper, what are the canards made out of?

Nothing much a VF39, STi TMIC, 1000cc dynamic injectors, Invidia N1 full exhaust, Cobb up/down pipe, cobb short ram intake and a really good tune! Still haven't decided if i'll be getting tuned on E or not.

Went today to pick up my trunk. Another bad quality cell phone picture haha, really should invest in getting a legit Camera.
user posted image

I need some advise! I am trying to pull off my right rear control arm and the nut next to the gas chamber WILL NOT COME OFF! mad.gif We tried PB blaster and heating up the nut with a torch and it's just keeps laughing at me, the nut is badly damaged and and I really don't want to cut the screw. I'm thinking of trying to cut off the nut with some power tools my neighbor will be bringing home from his shop tomorrow so will see. Please let me know of any other advise!? smile.gif
Rudy
Posted: Mar 17 2013, 03:41 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 17 2013, 04:32 PM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 49 minutes, 58 seconds ago)
Eeeeeewwwwwww vaginaface.

You already swapped the tails for the "Prettyboy Stevens", why didn't you do the nose while you were at it? dry.gif

Of course, that's just my personal preference; I hate the look of the '06-07.

I say the need for the mention of female genitals is rather unnecessary. Also if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it. I think the car looks fine. So shhhhh!

Also for the nut dilemma, have you tried yelling and cussing at it? I did that once to one of the terminals of my car battery and I broke it off. Had to get a new one... And my dad told me to meditate to control my inner Hulk. derp.gif

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
chillined
Posted: Mar 17 2013, 05:11 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 23,552

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 1 hour, 29 minutes ago)
Eeeeeewwwwwww vaginaface.

You already swapped the tails for the "Prettyboy Stevens", why didn't you do the nose while you were at it? dry.gif

Of course, that's just my personal preference; I hate the look of the '06-07.

How can you hate the eagle eye look? Looks a hell of a lot better than the blobeye or the bugeye...

FC, you're going to have a hard time getting 300 WHP from a VF39 without a FMIC. Go on E for sure, it'll make it easier to reach that magic figure.
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Mar 17 2013, 07:21 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

QUOTE (chillined @ 2 hours, 10 minutes ago)
How can you hate the eagle eye look? Looks a hell of a lot better than the blobeye or the bugeye...

FC, you're going to have a hard time getting 300 WHP from a VF39 without a FMIC. Go on E for sure, it'll make it easier to reach that magic figure.

Haha well said "magic figure"
It will be tough with a VF39 and not being fmic wont help, will see what I get on the dyno smile.gif

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Mar 17 2013, 07:22 PM
Spaz
Posted: Mar 17 2013, 09:50 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (FC_spec @ 6 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Still haven't decided if i'll be getting tuned on E or not.

Do it. It's so worth it, and it'll make your power goals cake. Plus, you definitely have enough injector to support it.

QUOTE (FC_spec @ 6 hours, 57 minutes ago)
I need some advise! I am trying to pull off my right rear control arm and the nut next to the gas chamber WILL NOT COME OFF! mad.gif We tried PB blaster and heating up the nut with a torch and it's just keeps laughing at me, the nut is badly damaged and and I really don't want to cut the screw. I'm thinking of trying to cut off the nut with some power tools my neighbor will be bringing home from his shop tomorrow so will see. Please let me know of any other advise!? smile.gif

I don't know if you've tried it yet, and I HIGHLY suggest keeping an extinguisher on hand if you do it, it to heat up BOTH the nut and the bolt and the area around it with a MAPP torch and get it glowing, then hit the bolt at the center with PB Blaster. It'll cause a snap cooling and contraction of the bolt, hopefully breaking the rust just enough to allow the nut to come free.

If that doesn't work, just cut it. You eventually get to a point where it stops being worth your time to fuck around with it and just do what you know'll work. I don't use just heat anymore, if PB Blaster by itself doesn't work I go straight to what I described above, and after two tries I grab the angle grinder. It's not worth the time to try to do it cleanly at that point.
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Mar 21 2013, 07:47 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

I really need a better camera facepalm.gif

Anyways, finally got this little #@%ker cut today!!!
user posted image

user posted image
user posted image

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Mar 21 2013, 07:50 PM
Rudy
Posted: Mar 21 2013, 08:05 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Mar 22 2013, 12:14 AM

Patient Zero

QUOTE (FC_spec @ 4 hours, 26 minutes ago)
I really need a better camera facepalm.gif

Anyways, finally got this little #@%ker cut today!!!
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/E.../IMAG0138-1.jpg
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/E.../IMAG0136-1.jpg
http://i1131.photobucket.com/albums/m543/E.../IMAG0137-1.jpg

FINALLY! Now you can actually start doing work on the rest of the damn car. Gosh that looks really bad... I would have just taken one look at in and said nope and cut it. Good luck getting the rest of the car finished in time for the race on the 30th! You can do it! laugh2.gif

user posted image
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Mar 22 2013, 08:10 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ 7 hours, 56 minutes ago)
FINALLY! Now you can actually start doing work on the rest of the damn car. Gosh that looks really bad... I would have just taken one look at in and said nope and cut it. Good luck getting the rest of the car finished in time for the race on the 30th! You can do it! laugh2.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_liizctxw...eh39oo1_500.gif

I really should of just cut it off the first day i attempted messing with it. Thanks for the support everyone! smile.gif
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Apr 6 2013, 02:13 PM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

Got tuned on 91, i'll be going with E85 soon, I just couldn't get E85 at the moment.
Made 292 HP and 331 torque in 4th gear. On the Dyno in 3rd gear i made 330hp and 370 torque.
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 575. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Couple pictures from the Track last week.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 575. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This Viper was my competition at the track, I was faster in the turns but on the straight's he just took off
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Stupid bumper sleep.gif
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 533. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Much better
user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 640. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

On my last session exiting the track about to head home my car turned off. Stupid upper radiator hose hit the fan (Very common with Subaru) My distilled water shot all over my motor and I possibly broke a sleeve in the Short block or a blown head gasket, I HOPE it's just a head gasket. Pulling the motor this weekend to find the damage
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Apr 6 2013, 02:23 PM
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Apr 6 2013, 03:38 PM

Patient Zero

Oh no! What happened to the bumper? Aside from that you don't know the extent of the damage from the hose yet huh?

P.S. Your helmet is awesome!~ laugh2.gif
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Apr 7 2013, 07:34 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

QUOTE (THE_HONDA_CG2 @ Yesterday, 3:38 PM)
Oh no! What happened to the bumper? Aside from that you don't know the extent of the damage from the hose yet huh?

P.S. Your helmet is awesome!~ laugh2.gif

It came off on the track. I had to go into pit to attach it back on, we tried using race tape so i could finish my session but it came off still from one side. It got it fixed after happy.gif

Thanks, i like it too smile.gif
pingu86
Posted: Apr 7 2013, 07:40 AM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,079

QUOTE (FC_spec @ Yesterday, 2:13 PM)
http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b549/J...zps3ed5b5df.jpg

FC_spec are you the black Stig???
Spaz
Posted: Apr 7 2013, 08:44 AM

Group Icon

QUOTE (pingu86 @ 1 hour, 3 minutes ago)
FC_spec are you the black Stig???

I'm actually the black stig:

SPOILER

Sucks to hear about the coolant issue, that shit sucks on the track, once it happens you're basically along for the ride. If you lose circulation, you'll flash boil whatever's in there, if there's nothing there, it's going straight into the metal. One of the worst possible situations you can be in. sad.gif

That said, the numbers look good, man. If you've got a good tuner, that torque is going to be INSANE on corn.
RedsunsF1
  Posted: Apr 7 2013, 09:00 AM

Nasa UT | FF FK8

@pingu86 That is a secret!! happy.gif

Hopefully it's just a really head gasket, if not I have 2 choices and i'm honestly not so sure which to do.

1 - Purchase a Rallispec block with a lot of goodies. It's a dedicated racing short block and this will last me a good long while with a great tune and Corn. It would be the more pricey choice.
http://rallispec.com/prod_block.htm (The upper one for $3500)

2 - I have a friend over here who has a 2004 STi long block that he would give to me installed for $2500, it's got some internal things changed out to make it run safe. The sketchy part is he's a drifter and this motor has been drifted on. The reason why he is selling it is because he wants to make 500hp and he's building another STi engine. He said he's more than happy to do a compression test etc to show me it's a good motor but I dunno if I would run into more problems in the long run..

You can see the Blue STi I am speaking about in this video from our drift event last month.
YOUTUBE ( http://youtu.be/sE84iRpuP2A )

What do you guys think?

This post has been edited by FC_spec on Apr 7 2013, 09:06 AM
Spaz
Posted: Apr 7 2013, 11:08 AM

Group Icon

Also do a leakdown on the STi motor, and do both tests dry AND wet. Also important, what did he run for oil? I'm sure you know how zinc-sensitive those motors are.

In the end, it's probably also cost-effective to sleeve and build your own, then you're in complete control of everything and you get an engine you don't have to worry about. A buddy of mine recently did the math to build his blown '98 STi 2.0, and he's finding it to basically be a no-brainer to sleeve it and slap in a Cosworth 2.2 stroker setup, and I looked at his numbers and couldn't agree more. He's also considering having my guy assemble the rotating assembly based on my experiences with him and I can't blame him there either.

Looking at the site, I see the price you sited was for their "street" build. IMO, street builds are bolt-ons and headwork within reason. If you're building a bottom end you should be doing it right and overbuilding it, none of this "for the street" crap. My on paper weak point are my rods at 650tq, but the reality is that they're Eagles, and that I could melt my 800hp pistons and reuse the rods without question. I'm built for twice what I ever plan to make, and I don't have to worry about it.

6 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »