Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 4 unique listeners, playing Sileighty's Theme

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

29 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 76,092  ·  Replies: 716 
> My 1990 240sx project..., pray for me...seriously
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 13 2007, 03:58 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 8,512

QUOTE (Ayako Watanabe @ Today at 9:59 AM)

In which you need to calm down. If you haven't realized, THIS is HIS thread. And he has already clearly mentioned he doesn't want to have to go thru many irritating problems.

The Z engine is not bad by any means whatsoever, but it depends on a persons taste.

NOW, stop bumping and waving your E-Penis and take a chill pill, thank you.

Oh, and get your eyes fixed next time.

thanks for the back up good sir, im happy someone has been paying attention **e-cookie for u **

as far as the engine, ive found a possible donor, possible 80Kmiles DOHC from a kouki 98 s14....only prob is i have to wait a month...

but i knoe sidewaysstarion is gonna also try to see if he can help me out...

timing chain kit is about 35 bucks, cheapest i found anyway... only problem is im broke at the moment and im tryin to sell my R/c Nitro for atleast 350 to get some money to fix this irritating problem and to buy other neccesities, such as a new seat, and helmet for autoX events...

im considering the DOHC KA curently because if i dont have a choice in a month or so when my friend drops an S15 Sr into his s14, hes gonna gimme the whole swap for free...but i rather have anything now...

might possibly have someone else give me his SOHC KA he pulling from his s13 for his sr swap aswell... but then again its a waiting game...

i just hope sidewaysstarion or my other 2 friends can help me out b4 it becomes a bigger problem unsure.gif
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Ayako Watanabe
Posted: Jul 13 2007, 04:10 PM

Living In A Amish Paradise

Member No.: 2,415

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Today at 4:58 PM)
thanks for the back up good sir, im happy someone has been paying attention **e-cookie for u **

as far as the engine, ive found a possible donor, possible 80Kmiles DOHC from a kouki 98 s14....only prob is i have to wait a month...

but i knoe sidewaysstarion is gonna also try to see if he can help me out...

timing chain kit is about 35 bucks, cheapest i found anyway... only problem is im broke at the moment and im tryin to sell my R/c Nitro for atleast 350 to get some money to fix this irritating problem and to buy other neccesities, such as a new seat, and helmet for autoX events...

im considering the DOHC KA curently because if i dont have a choice in a month or so when my friend drops an S15 Sr into his s14, hes gonna gimme the whole swap for free...but i rather have anything now...

might possibly have someone else give me his SOHC KA he pulling from his s13 for his sr swap aswell... but then again its a waiting game...

i just hope sidewaysstarion or my other 2 friends can help me out b4 it becomes a bigger problem unsure.gif

No Problem happy.gif

Just be patient. The time will come, but its always good to keep an eye on things just in case. Its good to have friends to help you as well =D

I just wish I knew friends who have tranmission and motors to donate to me for free in working condition ~_~
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 13 2007, 06:16 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (Ayako Watanabe @ Today at 4:10 PM)
No Problem happy.gif

Just be patient. The time will come, but its always good to keep an eye on things just in case. Its good to have friends to help you as well =D

I just wish I knew friends who have tranmission and motors to donate to me for free in working condition ~_~

im being patient...
it was so horrible tday for me...had to go do laundry, so i drove my car... the shaking through the car was horendous at idle... felt like i had a personal earthquake... crying2.gif

and well i can only hope they come through for me...patience is a virtue i posses....but im doubtfull my car is as linient to the idea sad.gif
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 09:17 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,090

QUOTE (Kerxn @ Jul 13 2007, 11:38 AM)
USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

Refrain from doing that again. Ever.

thank you grand master i have learned my lesson no more baggin on kids that dont know there stuff about cars...
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 16 2007, 10:12 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

please just leave my thread...ur obviously imature, or wanna be knowit all... christ dry.gif

well the KA is dying,,,and dying fast....

now im just waiting to see wut happens
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 10:50 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Today at 10:12 PM)
please just leave my thread...ur obviously imature, or wanna be knowit all... christ dry.gif

wana be know it all? Im a mulit state champ with automotive exclence... Weber state and CCSN state finalest and Skills 2nd place holder for state.. so i know my shit people that know me know my skills so watch who your taking to.. the ka is crap i use to own a 240 before i understood that there are REAL SPORTS CARS like tha zed and what not... the ka is good for a paper weight and for spining bearings and frying rings.... its just a bad motor.... im sorry to be so blunt it just sux... unless u spend an arm in a leg building a pos motor... when you could just be like everyone else and put an sr.... or be smart and do rb20... rev happy and bullet proof.... think about it....
backalleyracer
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 10:52 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 7,122

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Today at 10:12 PM)

wanna be know it all ??

lmao,

he knows a hell of a lot more than you will my freind
V0|t
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:00 PM

Akagi's White Comet

Member No.: 877

ok Um no, You fail, cpt and alley know their shit, you dont end of topic. Rb20 Ftw or be cool and go for a rb25, or do you know what that is? hmm yes maybe? so lets learn here people. KNOW YOUR STUFF BEFORE YOU TALK OUT OF YOUR A55

This post has been edited by V0|t on Jul 16 2007, 11:03 PM
pedrotski
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:11 PM

IDW Member

Member No.: 25,251

Why RB20 if you are smart?
V0|t
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:13 PM

Akagi's White Comet

Member No.: 877

As cpt said Rev happy and bullet proof. not to mention, firewall doesnt need to be cut, its cheap and did I mention high revs...like 13k?? thats like 20b status

This post has been edited by V0|t on Jul 16 2007, 11:18 PM
pedrotski
Posted: Jul 16 2007, 11:34 PM

IDW Member

13k, Is that stock. I mean, My dads 502 chev revs at about 20k but thats with nos on. Why dont they put the super reving RB in the RX7's then.

edit. thats on idle.

This post has been edited by pedrotski on Jul 17 2007, 12:04 AM
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:16 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (pedrotski @ Yesterday at 11:34 PM)
13k, Is that stock. I mean, My dads 502 chev revs at about 20k but thats with nos on. Why dont they put the super reving RB in the RX7's then.

edit. thats on idle.

13k is not stock but not much has to be done to have it reach that... 20k? u mean he can hit that once right? and rx-7 rotray experiment... not piston experiment since we all know it works... do all you kids just think of ways to try to make you sound smarter?
pedrotski
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:22 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Today at 12:16 AM)
13k is not stock but not much has to be done to have it reach that... 20k? u mean he can hit that once right? and rx-7 rotray experiment... not piston experiment since we all know it works... do all you kids just think of ways to try to make you sound smarter?

I'm not trying to make myself look smart. There are rumors of RB20's hitting 13k, Most are about 10 but they have had major work done on the internals. Hitting RPM's like that is just stupid anyway because the engine would be so unreliable for street driving, Track racing even.

Oh and if didn't notice. My Last post was a joke.
evo4life
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 07:51 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 5,876

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Yesterday at 10:12 PM)
please just leave my thread...ur obviously imature, or wanna be knowit all... christ  dry.gif

Why is the KA dying? Have you fixed your timing chain?
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 08:34 AM

IDW Member

QUOTE (evo4life @ Today at 7:51 AM)
Why is the KA dying? Have you fixed your timing chain?

when i had my crap tastic ka it had blow by (rings) timing chain slap (old timing chaing and guides, and it had nock (spun bearings)
Rudy
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 08:38 AM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
Sensation!
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 12:13 PM

As expected of country grown vegetables
Group Icon

Group: Special Snowflake
Member No.: 19,520

how bad is your car at idle dalaz?
does it stall when you put it in reverse?! grin2.gif

i guess this is what people like us get when we buy 1K 240s...

you still havent got back to me on the smog thing yet tongue.gif

but hey, swap out that KA tongue.gif it seems like it wont last too long either

This post has been edited by NSX on Jul 17 2007, 12:16 PM
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 17 2007, 01:38 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM)
wana be know it all? Im a mulit state champ with automotive exclence... Weber state and CCSN state finalest and Skills 2nd place holder for state.. so i know my shit people that know me know my skills so watch who your taking to.. the ka is crap i use to own a 240 before i understood that there are REAL SPORTS CARS like tha zed and what not... the ka is good for a paper weight and for spining bearings and frying rings.... its just a bad motor.... im sorry to be so blunt it just sux... unless u spend an arm in a leg building a pos motor... when you could just be like everyone else and put an sr.... or be smart and do rb20... rev happy and bullet proof.... think about it....

the one thing thats annoying about u constantly in this thread is that u keep insisting Rb Sr or wut ever other f-ucking engine u mention, how many times have i said im currently broke, and swaping rite now is not an option, iv had it with the redundency of ur post... the KA is strong but it isnt god, iv said it, but its a good poor mans engine...im not plaining on blowing my load on a KA, but for now, since its all v got its wut ima use...

and frankly i dont have to watch who im talking to...u clicked into my thread...u can jhust as easily leave...dont gimme attitude over the damn net, wits pretty dumb and sad frankly

w/e im done with that rolleyes.gif

evo4life: it not just the chain anymore its the valve i believe are slapping or not completely closing....

heres is a video of the sound...maybe itll help
the KNock in my engine

NSX: sorry i havent gotten back to you yet, im waiting for my friend to buy a new phone and transfer the info over to it so i can get the number, do u have a time limit? let me knoe on PM happy.gif

This post has been edited by DALAZ_68 on Jul 17 2007, 01:40 PM
AzNMaVbOi
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 03:11 PM

I never asked for this...

Member No.: 15,854

QUOTE (DALAZ_68 @ Today at 2:38 PM)
the one thing thats annoying about u constantly in this thread is that u keep insisting Rb Sr or wut ever other f-ucking engine u mention, how many times have i said im currently broke, and swaping rite now is not an option, iv had it with the redundency of ur post... the KA is strong but it isnt god, iv said it, but its a good poor mans engine...im not plaining on blowing my load on a KA, but for now, since its all v got its wut ima use...

It also doesn't help when the guy doesn't realize that RB engines are illegal within the United States, and especially California, where emissions standards are excessively strict. The only SR engine that is legal in the United States is the NA SR20DE that was in the Infiniti G20.
pedrotski
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 04:00 PM

IDW Member

God you guys have it bad over there. Its like, I feel for you.
evo4life
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 05:18 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 5,876

Thats a terrible sound. Sort of like a lawmower when you open the throttle.
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 17 2007, 05:39 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (evo4life @ Today at 5:18 PM)
Thats a terrible sound.  Sort of like a lawmower when you open the throttle.

LOL thats exactly wut me and my friend said when we herd it at the same time '' F-uck...sounds like a lawnmower"

crying2.gif lol **laughing and crying simultaniously**

QUOTE (AzNMaVbOi)
It also doesn't help when the guy doesn't realize that RB engines are illegal within the United States, and especially California, where emissions standards are excessively strict. The only SR engine that is legal in the United States is the NA SR20DE that was in the Infiniti G20.

its doesnt really matter...there so many crooked smoggers in L.A. alone that will pass a car without even looking at it...just need the rite price happy.gif

This post has been edited by DALAZ_68 on Jul 17 2007, 05:40 PM
cpt jack
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 06:58 PM

IDW Member

lol this kid... why not try solving the problem insted of b*tching? did you do a dead cylinder test? did you do a compression test? did you check timing? Check plugs? i mean seriosuly... AND DO NOT BUY A 240 IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MONEY... and even if you do have money you wont have much for long.... im in here tellin you the truth man insted of kissin ass im tellin you what i think its america i can do that cant i? check those things and get back to me.. and if you dont know how to do the test's here ill tell u! and ps your ka sounded like mine before it died... u sound like your only running on 2 cylinders.....

1.) Dead cylinder test.... pull the spark plug wires from the spark plug one by one HEAR! for a sound diffrence and the idle and even if it dies....

2.) Borrow or if you have a compression tester disconect the fuel pump fuse and disconnect the ignition coil wire... and test each cylinder one by one to check for the compression... hell you can even do a leak down test but compression is alot easier and alot faster....

3.) Timing light look up what your timing should be retarted or advanced

4.) Take each plug out one by one LOOK AT THEM HARD! SMELL THEM! they oily? REALLY REALLY DARK BLACK? (RUNNING SUPER RICH), will cause the electrode to basicly ground its self... SUPER CLEAN = BLOWN HEADGASKET! i mean the spark plugs will tell you alot about your car....

5.) Take the cap and rotor off check if there is any arking goin on under tha cap, make sure all connections to the rotor and cap are clean,, check for play on the shaft of the rotor... stupid stuff... always try to get bronze tiped rotor and cap ALOT BETTER THEN ALUMINUM....

6.) Check the dip stick!... why? if its milky ur f**ked.. if theres slight remence in the oil that means you have a slighly blown headgasket and is possilby saveable....

7.) Check injectors to see if they are working.... unplug one by one its like doing a dead cylinder test but for fuel.... it can help narrow down... like if you do the dead cylinder test on the spark plug and it did nothing and you did the fuel and its same thing then there...

8.) DONT GET PISSED! thats it do these get back to me... maybe its not dying maybe its just outa tune...
DALAZ_68
  Posted: Jul 17 2007, 09:39 PM

][0 I M ][o -O- Meter

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Today at 6:58 PM)
lol this kid... why not try solving the problem insted of b*tching? did you do a dead cylinder test? did you do a compression test? did you check timing? Check plugs? i mean seriosuly... AND DO NOT BUY A 240 IF YOU DO NOT HAVE MONEY... and even if you do have money you wont have much for long.... im in here tellin you the truth man insted of kissin ass im tellin you what i think its america i can do that cant i? check those things and get back to me.. and if you dont know how to do the test's here ill tell u! and ps your ka sounded like mine before it died... u sound like your only running on 2 cylinders.....

trust me the last thing im doing is b*tching...im just tryin to ask previous or current 240 owners wut it might be, im the first to admit i dont knoe all the answers, but the way u came off isnt exactly friendly approchable

2nd. i did have money but family situation came up and i lean towards family more so than my car....sue me...i didnt expect something to happen in my family...so it wasnt that i bought it broke no cash, i bouthg it with plans and money, but financial situation shifted...im just sayin to clear things up about why im in such a rut and not already rockin the CA i had planned in dropping in a month ago... wink2.gif

3rd... im not askin u to kiss ass, frankly kiss asses are dispicable and sorry people that should have been drowned at birth...i just expect a more calm approach...

ill try ur suggestion tomorrow...i believe my friend has a tester for compression ill ask him manana wink2.gif
Junon
Posted: Jul 17 2007, 10:08 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 15,554

QUOTE (cpt jack @ Yesterday at 10:50 PM)

Back up your nonsensical statements. Because it's obvious you don't have any real experience with 240's, KA's, and RB's.

I find it hard to believe you're a "mulit state champ with automotive exclence" when you can't even spell excellence nor multi. Not to mention a number of other grammatical/spelling errors in your random posts of gibberish.

In regards to the "don't buy a 240 unless you have money statement". Your logic never ceases to amaze me. The 240 is one of the cheapest cars to build. Parts are readily available, and cheap on top of that. Why do you think it's the "new civic"?

To the original poster, check out this thread: https://idforums.net/index.php?showtopic=30378

I just posted some basic info on the KA builds. I'd recommend starting off with that. Please take it from someone with experience, the KA is a great engine. Just because it's "not JDM", doesn't mean it's crap.

And cpt jack, before you ask. Yes I've owned a 240. I've owned 2: a 1991 with a KA that I did minor all motor mods, then a 1990 coupe which I swapped an SR. I also helped a buddy of mine with his rb25det powered 1998 240sx.

In addition to that, I've owned an evo, and currently an FD. So don't bother questioning my experience.

This post has been edited by Junon on Jul 17 2007, 10:10 PM

29 Pages  « 2 3 4 5 6 »