Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Tommy K - Break the Night

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 29,213  ·  Replies: 119 
> You know You're addicted to ID5, This will be interesting~
•keL•
Posted: Jan 25 2011, 05:23 AM

IDW Regular Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 36,647

QUOTE (TER~XD @ Sep 28 2010, 07:06 AM)
Me too! Using my hands as tires to hold onto the handrails(gutters) when drifting grin2.gif
Except for the fact of going up the stairs in school, usually i'll be tired when i reach the top and my friend would say i've ran out of boost. laugh.gif

hahah, i do that a lot in my school as well laugh.gif
Elise
Posted: Jan 26 2011, 08:47 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 36,560

QUOTE (TER~XD @ Sep 28 2010, 07:06 AM)
Me too! Using my hands as tires to hold onto the handrails(gutters) when drifting grin2.gif
Except for the fact of going up the stairs in school, usually i'll be tired when i reach the top and my friend would say i've ran out of boost. laugh.gif

Haha! It kinda reminds me of school. When in school back then, I would race my friend to the top of the stairs. I'll use my hands on the handrails to take the shortest and fastest line.. its cute happy.gif
Bumpercam
Posted: Jan 29 2011, 11:06 PM

Rage Against The Light

Member No.: 36,515

... when you don't just drift the shopping cart, but also simulate the FR/RR feel by arranging its load.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jan 30 2011, 01:40 AM

The Blue Lightning

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 36,245

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 2 hours, 33 minutes ago)
... when you don't just drift the shopping cart, but also simulate the FR/RR feel by arranging its load.

ya i do that too, i like to put the heaviest thing in front of the cart to simulate r34, in the back to simulate mr2 or mrs lol awesome.gif
ishida
Posted: Jan 30 2011, 04:22 PM

Puppet Master

Member No.: 35,836

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Yesterday, 5:40 PM)
ya i do that too, i like to put the heaviest thing in front of the cart to simulate r34, in the back to simulate mr2 or mrs lol awesome.gif

When theres nothing, i stopped...people ask why are you stopping? No engine sorry.... awesome.gif haha
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Jan 31 2011, 06:34 AM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (ishida @ Today, 8:22 AM)
When theres nothing, i stopped...people ask why are you stopping? No engine sorry.... awesome.gif haha

hahahahaha awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif nice one

cool pic ishida wink2.gif
ishida
Posted: Jan 31 2011, 05:10 PM

Puppet Master

QUOTE (Takahashi Rensuke @ Yesterday, 10:34 PM)
hahahahaha awesome.gif awesome.gif awesome.gif nice one

cool pic ishida wink2.gif

Oh the picture is my current ISHIDA avatar.... happy.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 06:48 AM

Reading is magic!

Member No.: 30,700

I hear talk of Shopping cart drifting!

If I may note, shifting the weight does nothing to make it feel like an FF or an FR. It's more like MR or Heavy FR. Since you're pushing from behind, most of the force comes from the rear, essentially giving us a RWD shopping cart.

Don't you just hate the ones that have all four swiveling wheels? Sure they're fun to slalom, but you can't throw them sideways like *that* since we don't have a steering wheel to countersteer.
*VIC*
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 07:13 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 35,152

Looks like everyone who play D5 will turn into car freaks. laugh.gif
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 08:05 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Member No.: 5,284

When we arrive late to any arcade meeting - we always tell the other person "No boost in "CP4"" >.>
•keL•
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 08:09 AM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 36,647

QUOTE (Phoenix_Cypher_K1 @ 3 minutes, 18 seconds ago)
When we arrive late to any arcade meeting - we always tell the other person "No boost in "CP4"" >.>

LOL, i definitely don't do that xD
brian_infinispirit
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 09:22 AM

The Dozuki Master

Member No.: 20,372

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 2 hours, 33 minutes ago)
I hear talk of Shopping cart drifting!

If I may note, shifting the weight does nothing to make it feel like an FF or an FR. It's more like MR or Heavy FR. Since you're pushing from behind, most of the force comes from the rear, essentially giving us a RWD shopping cart.

Don't you just hate the ones that have all four swiveling wheels? Sure they're fun to slalom, but you can't throw them sideways like *that* since we don't have a steering wheel to countersteer.

Well, the shopping carts at Cash and Carry seem tolerable for me when I power slide them around. When I feel the need to make the cart's wheels face in the right direction again, I just tighten my grip on the handle.

And those were the days wherein I'd usually let go of the shopping cart while it's moving, esp. when nothing and no one's in front of me.
Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 11:24 AM

Rage Against The Light

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ 4 hours, 35 minutes ago)

Oh, but they do make a difference. I used to shop for gallon-bottles (those 19-liter containers for water dispensers) and if i shop for 2 (meaning, ~38 kg of water), shifting them to the front end of the cart makes it slide a tad easier, a bit like FR cars.

Second type of cart i loathe after those 4-swivel wheels: those unbalanced carts that pull to one side. I can barely countersteer in those.
ishida
Posted: Feb 2 2011, 05:00 PM

Puppet Master

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ 5 hours, 36 minutes ago)
Oh, but they do make a difference. I used to shop for gallon-bottles (those 19-liter containers for water dispensers) and if i shop for 2 (meaning, ~38 kg of water), shifting them to the front end of the cart makes it slide a tad easier, a bit like FR cars.

Second type of cart i loathe after those 4-swivel wheels: those unbalanced carts that pull to one side. I can barely countersteer in those.

I thought you would use the water to cool down your engine since it must have overheat even with an air conditioned race track...Inter-Cooler! haha awesome.gif
DigiBunny
Posted: Feb 3 2011, 01:12 AM

Reading is magic!

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ Yesterday, 11:24 AM)

Not for FF or FR though. Even if the weight was in the back it'd act like an MR or an RR car. Sure it might be easier and predictable up front; but then again, the majority of FF cars have their engines... well, up front. Just like FR cars.

On a side note, simulating a braking weight shift by lifting the rear as you slow down and then swinging it around helps break traction. awesome.gif

I think we need a topic dedicated to Shopping cart drifting.
laugh.gif
CaleX
Posted: Feb 3 2011, 06:37 PM

IDW Regular Member

Member No.: 32,651

..when you see gutters at a different perspective. shifty2.gif
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Feb 3 2011, 11:14 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (ishida @ Yesterday, 9:00 AM)
I thought you would use the water to cool down your engine since it must have overheat even with an air conditioned race track...Inter-Cooler! haha awesome.gif

hahahahahahahahahaha awesome.gif !!! intercooler, good one ishida! hahahahaha awesome.gif
stormfox
Posted: Feb 6 2011, 11:06 PM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

.... that when you see roadworks and diversions ahead, you automatically think "Chicanes to tackle!"....
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 9 2011, 05:34 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

You know, I thought was the only one who uses drives a shooping cart differently. Even all jokes aside, drifting with a shopping cart is actually practical since your allowed to take a better line which saves you a few seconds.

Not really needed, but it does feel better. Although I have a feeling the shopping cart's tires is getting wayyyyy more tear than any other person would use.....>__>

Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 9 2011, 07:40 PM

Rage Against The Light

When the adage "Get your mind out of the gutter!" mean differently to you.

Well, the traction of most shopping carts' wheels is really subpar, they help when you must drift but they are a countersteering nightmare. I'd like to try drifting a rubber-tired shopping cart, though.
DigiBunny
Posted: Feb 10 2011, 04:35 AM

Reading is magic!

I don't know about you guys, but from what I can tell, ALL shopping carts here have rubber on their wheels.
Takahashi Rensuke
Posted: Feb 11 2011, 04:54 PM

The Blue Lightning

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Feb 10 2011, 08:35 PM)
I don't know about you guys, but from what I can tell, ALL shopping carts here have rubber on their wheels.

phillipines shopping carts have rubberon their wheels? cool!

except in malaysia, shopping carts here don't have rubber wheels
Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 12 2011, 12:41 AM

Rage Against The Light

QUOTE (DigiBunny @ Feb 10 2011, 04:35 AM)

There's two kinds around my place, the hard plastic one and the rubber one. The rubber one is usually mounted on the swivel-wheeled ones.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 800 x 600. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

And that, my friends, is how you make an FR-simulating cart.
SonicSP
Posted: Feb 13 2011, 06:57 PM

Nagao Fanboy

Member No.: 36,182

QUOTE (Bumpercam @ Yesterday, 12:41 AM)
And that, my friends, is how you make an FR-simulating cart.

Anybody tried any FF shopping carts yet? happy.gif
Bumpercam
Posted: Feb 14 2011, 04:38 AM

Rage Against The Light

Of course, grips like no tomorrow but controlling the ass is a bit hard since you must feel it. awesome.gif

5 Pages  « 2 3 4 5