Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Dejo & Bratt - In The Eyes Of A Tiger

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

3 Pages  1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 8,687  ·  Replies: 60 
> 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T (GTO, 3000GT)
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 1 2013, 10:59 PM

IDW God Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,103

Hello everyone! This topic is for the love of my life, my 1991 Dodge Stealth R/T! I purchased it in February of 2012 from my neighbor. The car sat outside for about 9+ years getting battered and beaten by sprinklers and the brutal weather where I live. Below is a picture of the condition I purchased it in. It looked like the paint was fading and it definitely had really bad water spots all over the vehicle. There was dirt and leaves all over the edges of the engine bay and the dirt was so thick it was clogging the water drains of the vehicle. The price was cheap and I decided to go with it to help out the neighbors I've known since I was a kid.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 539. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Fired her up and she purred like a little kitten so I rolled her onto the driveway and gave her a good amount of washes then an acid rinse and wax. This is the result of my hard ass work. lol

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 673 x 960. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

She ran great and I even took her to MOD (Mitsubishi Owner's Day) 2012. She was happy as can be to be surrounded by her family. By this point I removed the lame 5 watt stock paper speakers and poopy stock stereo and put in some more sound efficient equipment. Also decided to change the lights in the front to bring it more up to date with modern times (yes, I positioned the headlights accordingly so they don't blind people. happy.gif )

Here she is at MOD 2012.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1600 x 900. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

About a week later I started noticing some issues with the clutch not fully engaging as well as it struggling during idle. The struggling wasn't bad, but just enough to notice it was not normal. I returned to my neighbors and asked for more information regarding the maintenance and services they had done to the car before I bought it from them. This included a recent oil change, radiator flush, and the 60k maintenance which replaces the timing belt, tensioner, pulleys and water pump. They provided me with the receipts and paperwork and it showed that all maintenance was up to date. Feeling a bit better I decided to go get some jack in the box really quick before heading back home and letting the car rest. ..This would be the last time I drove her with the original motor.. ;_; This is the infamous "Initial D" accident. So it goes like this. Approaching green light to make a left for jak in teh crak. Light turns yellow right when I hit the intersection line. Going an average speed which is enough to clear the turn easily. Press down on accelerator when suddenly...KABOOM!! Car jerks forward suddenly and engine dies. Power steering is gone and I try to steer the wheel but I'm still turning and going to end up toward oncoming traffic. Steering wheel is too fucking heavy and shitty to turn fast enough. I panic and rip the e-brake while holding in the button to swing car around and slam on the brakes/clutch while lowering e-brake handle. Able to stop and am facing the intersection where I came from. Shat brix. ._. and that..is where my car died... crying2.gif

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Had her towed to my friend who lives in Fullerton, CA as he is much more familiar with the platform than I am. After an incident like that, there was no way I could handle that big of a project. He trouble shoots and finds that the timing tensioner completely failed and my timing belt jumped 3 teeth.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 577. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Here is half of the cylinders from inside.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1024 x 577. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Turns out the tensioner was never replaced in the services that were done from my neighbor even though it was in the paperwork/receipts they gave me. confused.gif

user posted image

What to do now? Just rebuild? We decide, why just rebuilt her? LETS MAKE HER BETTER AND STRONGER. So we did just that.

Out with the old!!

user posted image

Get some upgraded turbos! 15G!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

In with the new (many months later)!!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1277 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 541. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Everything was fully put back together this past weekend. (Sat. Sept 28th)

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 3264 x 1836. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

Off the jackstands and ready for test driving and full re-assembly!

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1277 x 720. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

All that is left is the gauge pillars have to be installed along with the gauges. Wideband needs to be installed along with the exhaust system and of course an alignment needs to be done. Then she is BACK in action! awesome.gif I'll be posting more and more updates as she gets closer to coming back home.

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 1 2013, 11:01 PM
sideways
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 02:24 AM

We're the People's Front of Judea!

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,355

Looks like youll have a wonderful ride to bring down to our Socal track meet in December wink2.gif

Awesome toy though. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.
Lupin_III
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 04:34 AM

The Noble Keyboard Warrior

Member No.: 40,907

Cool car! It should make for a fun daily driver when your finished.
Spaz
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 08:36 AM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

Fun stuff! Is it a FWD or AWD model?
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 2 2013, 11:49 AM

IDW God Member

Thanks Sideways and Lupin! happy.gif Spaz, it's the FWD version with a TT motor. Wasn't really planning on going TT but since the engine went kabluey I decided to just do the upgrades while already there and eventually I'll buy a VR-4 and drop the engine into that! awesome.gif The engine is one of a kind considering a top secret thing I had done to it. shifty2.gif I would love to take the car to future meets and hang out with everyone!
sideways
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 02:09 PM

Do eet! Im planning a small (And affordable!) track meet on December 17th. Check out our Too-Gay for the Touge Track day thread for more info. Would love to have you come along.
THE_HONDA_CG2
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 03:30 PM

Patient Zero

Member No.: 37,947

Oh man yes! You need to bring this, Tuskano, and your cool self to the track meet! Please! Anyway, while I was looking through the pictures, I was thinking it looked a lot like Tusky's 3000GT. Then I realized that the Stealth is a rebadge of the 3000GT with some changes between the two versions. Did you guys totally plan on getting twin cars or something like that? Because if you didn't then ok, but if you did... then AWESOME! laugh2.gif
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 2 2013, 03:39 PM

IDW God Member

December 17th? Thats 16 days after my birthday! I'll be there! laugh.gif I just need a helmet.. Honda, I meet Tuskano through a car forum for owners of our platform (3S). I found out he liked Initial D/Eurobeat and we became good friends instantly! So to answer your question, we didn't plan on it but it's still always awesome to have twin cars! I'll definitely go to the track meet, just make sure that Tuskano goes as well! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 2 2013, 03:50 PM
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 03:42 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

A twin turbo FWD... I just realized your car was that lol. Yours is more engine then mine... I am jealous... I think mine is more show no/somewhat go. Still, those pictures of yours all shiny before... wow. It gleams.

I wish I could come to the Track day, or heck, could have been able to drive up for the day... but I will be up in Oregon with family... *crys*. Still no idea on what dates though. But it will be an epic road trip. You guys have to all take lots of video.

We know each other from the 3000GT forums biggrin.gif
Rudy
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 06:58 PM

Unregistered

(THIS POST WAS REMOVED BY REQUEST)
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 2 2013, 07:17 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 18 minutes, 38 seconds ago)
If for some reason my trip upstate doesn't pan out, I might just go to the meet.

Twin turbo FWD, sick as hell. Wheelspin up to 3rd gear I'll bet!

Haha possibly. I did my best to help reduce it as much as possible. Then again I don't plan on driving the car aggressively or anything. I'll test it out when the conditions are safe enough and let you know how much wheelspin it gets! laugh2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 07:35 PM

ShiMACHaze

Member No.: 5,394

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ 36 minutes, 27 seconds ago)
Twin turbo FWD, sick as hell.

...Yeah no. My dad has a single-turbo FWD and it's....hilarious, in a word. And that thing made less HP than my Legacy (it just had way more torque, thus the hilarity).

The human imitation of the Honda Integra comes to mind.
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 2 2013, 08:33 PM

IDW God Member

Meh. To each their own. I just did the upgrades while I was there and as mentioned before I don't really plan on "stressing" it out too much or slamming the foot down on the gas. After what happened I'm going to baby it the best I can. derp.gif
Spaz
Posted: Oct 2 2013, 08:47 PM

Just a guy towing a car across the country to chase a dream.
Group Icon

Group: FORUM MODERATOR
Member No.: 30,193

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ 8 hours, 57 minutes ago)
Thanks Sideways and Lupin! happy.gif Spaz, it's the FWD version with a TT motor. Wasn't really planning on going TT but since the engine went kabluey I decided to just do the upgrades while already there and eventually I'll buy a VR-4 and drop the engine into that! awesome.gif The engine is one of a kind considering a top secret thing I had done to it. shifty2.gif I would love to take the car to future meets and hang out with everyone!

I know the feel of having a magic motor, if you will. For mine it's not so much the parts, it's the assembly. Alchem1st on here sounds like he's considering picking it up, which would be awesome for him, that motor'll do work in a light car like his.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
sideways
Posted: Oct 3 2013, 01:10 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 5 hours, 35 minutes ago)
...Yeah no. My dad has a single-turbo FWD and it's....hilarious, in a word. And that thing made less HP than my Legacy (it just had way more torque, thus the hilarity).

The human imitation of the Honda Integra comes to mind.

Chris has (well used to- im sure he still does and its just hiding collecting dust) a turbo mirage. For what it is, the things fkn fast. That thing is a hoot, its a shame hes let it collect moth balls...
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 3 2013, 07:45 AM

ShiMACHaze

Oh I won't say it can't be fast, jeez. I mean shit I've seen nice SRT4s running around and they can be pretty sick.

It's just that they're...funny. Torque steer, wheel-hop, all that deliciousness. laugh2.gif
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 3 2013, 11:54 AM

IDW God Member

For the time being it will be a fun experiment and great for video! laugh2.gif Don't worry Nomake Wan, I said I plan on getting a VR-4 (AWD) and placing my motor into that when I get extra cash to burn. That should give you a better piece of mind right? happy.gif Spaz, can't wait to see the next vehicle you pick up! Although I do recall you mentioning your departure from the Mitsubishi family. ;_;
Rudy
Posted: Oct 5 2013, 12:15 AM

Unregistered

sideways
Posted: Oct 5 2013, 01:05 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Oct 3 2013, 08:45 AM)
It's just that they're...funny. Torque steer, wheel-hop, all that deliciousness. laugh2.gif

No argument here laugh2.gif
Nomake Wan
Posted: Oct 5 2013, 01:19 AM

ShiMACHaze

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ Oct 3 2013, 12:54 PM)
For the time being it will be a fun experiment and great for video! laugh2.gif Don't worry Nomake Wan, I said I plan on getting a VR-4 (AWD) and placing my motor into that when I get extra cash to burn. That should give you a better piece of mind right? happy.gif Spaz, can't wait to see the next vehicle you pick up! Although I do recall you mentioning your departure from the Mitsubishi family. ;_;

A friend of ours had a VR4. It was pretty siiiiiick. I wonder if NismoTime still has that thing...
sideways
Posted: Oct 5 2013, 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ 1 hour, 46 minutes ago)
A friend of ours had a VR4. It was pretty siiiiiick. I wonder if NismoTime still has that thing...

I still facepalm.gif when i recall what happened on gmr. Poor guy. I cant even remember if he ever got it fixed properly
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 5 2013, 10:44 AM

IDW God Member

We have video~ Just uploaded this to YouTube. Cold start with my new gauges and pillar! The third gauge on the bottom is my AFR but that hasn't been set up yet. The one in the middle is my boost gauge. Enjoy! happy.gif

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdKxSoKgZXU&feature=youtu.be )

For those wondering what is currently on the exhaust, I have a Stillen downpipe and a Invidia resonator. It'll be fully completed in about a week or two. Here's what it looks like.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 960 x 540. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 5 2013, 11:09 AM
Tuskano
Posted: Oct 5 2013, 10:46 AM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 38,740

QUOTE (TranceKitsune @ 2 minutes, 40 seconds ago)
We have video~ Just uploaded this to YouTube. Cold start with my new gauges and pillar!

That was a nice sound... it is your car screaming "I am alive!"

The blue gauges are also very fitting.
TranceKitsune
  Posted: Oct 7 2013, 07:23 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (sideways @ Oct 5 2013, 03:06 AM)
I still  facepalm.gif when i recall what happened on gmr.  Poor guy.  I cant even remember if he ever got it fixed properly

Storytime nao? I would like to know what happened or what you are talking about pls.

QUOTE (Dorifuta @ Oct 5 2013, 12:15 AM)
I hope you find a wrecked or rusted-out RT/VR4 to swap its internals into THIS car instead. It's way too nice to let go.

Good point and thanks! We'll see what happens. happy.gif

QUOTE (Tuskano @ Oct 5 2013, 10:46 AM)
That was a nice sound... it is your car screaming "I am alive!"

The blue gauges are also very fitting.

I know right? Told ya she sounds like a beast in heat. LOL

This post has been edited by TranceKitsune on Oct 7 2013, 07:23 PM
Rudy
Posted: Oct 7 2013, 08:43 PM

Unregistered

3 Pages  1 2 3