Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 3 unique listeners, playing (MF Ghost OST) Mega NRG Man - Red Light And Sex

Important Rules
user posted image

• Post everything about Initial D Extreme Stage in this section.
Do not create new threads that have already been covered by pinned threads. This may result in a verbal warning.
Do not post fake times in the time attack thread. If we find out about it, it will result in an actual warning.
• Bring about your discussions on personal opinions (cars, courses, etc.) in a civil manner. Flaming and/or baiting will not be tolerated and may result in a verbal warning. Subsequent offenses will result in an actual warning.

ATTENTION: Initial D Extreme Stage works globally online, but only on the Japanese version.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 6,256  ·  Replies: 1 
> How the "boost assist" affect online battles?
AmetDj
    Posted: Feb 17 2014, 04:03 AM

IDW Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 42,957

Yesterday I was doing some online battles on IDES and I noticed that all the players I played against wanted to activate the "boost assist".
I was wondering what is it exactly and how it affect the race?

For those who are crawling in the dark, this is the screen where you can vote for "boost assist" ON or OFF.

user posted image
Phoenix_Cypher_K1
Posted: Feb 23 2014, 06:52 AM

My Double Aces + Rising Stars

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 5,284

The trailing car gets a speed boost to catch up to the player. You don't see the extra speed on the speedometer but your screen does "fly faster". The further behind you are to the opponent the more boost you get. Once you pass the opponent your boost terminates and starts for your opponent (though it will take a while for the boost to kick in for him). Essentially, the boost on/off function seen in previous games, just named slightly differently.