Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Sound Files Vol.1) admiration

Automotive Section Rules
• Scenes depicted in Initial D are strictly fiction. Please follow the traffic rules and drive safely.
• When posting a classified thread, please label it with For Sale (FS), For Trade (FT) or Want To Buy (WTB) in the thread title.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Personal videos of illegal street racing are prohibited. Do NOT brag about your exploits. Posting a video depicting dangerous/reckless driving behavior on your part will result in an actual warning.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,164  ·  Replies: 7 
> G35S to get AWD, One step closer as the GT-R we want?
ViperGTS-R
  Posted: May 2 2003, 07:32 PM

*insert derogatory adjective here*

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 385

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads/sh...5&o=&PHPSESSID=

The [AWD] G35 Sedan introduction date is 12-11-03 and it will be a 2004 model.

Just thought you might like to know.

Fresh Alloy is usually a reliable source...

If only it were "Coupe" instead of "Sedan"...
S15-guy
Posted: May 2 2003, 11:13 PM

dampachi!

Member No.: 177

I thought they were releasing a coupe GTR version? BRING ON THE TWIN TURBO!!!

i wish! i dont think they will be able to do it, well, not with emissions the way they are.
Gearhead
Posted: May 3 2003, 12:25 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 211

The reason the Rb-series engines(the SR as well) were discontinued was because of emissions.

There are two speculated engines for the GT-R; There is the VQ V6(possibly 3.3 or 3.5L) in twin turbo form, and the VK V8(displacement unknown). Either powerplant would be making somewhere in the neighborhood of 400hp. Both engines are already doing well in the US, so there will be no emissions worries.happy.gif

There will be a coupe GT-R in '05 or '06. Right now, Infiniti is looking to up the ante a bit. I imagine the awd G35 sedan will be able to compete with the likes of the Audi A6 now.
The ATTESA-ETS awd system is already available on the G35's "FM" platform in the FX35/45 crossover SUVs. The FX45 has a VK V8, so we know the chassis will support awd and a V8. Oh, and it's also the fastest SUV you can buy, second to the Porsche Cayenne, which costs about twice as much.cool.gif

ViperGTS-R
  Posted: May 3 2003, 01:00 PM

The G35S is a direct competetor to the BMW 3-Series and the Audi A4. BMW offers an AWD version of the 3-Series, and the A4 already has AWD, so it would only be senseable for a marketing strategy like this to work, both with sales and enthusiasts...
Indecisive
Posted: May 3 2003, 07:06 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

are the AWD bmws the Xi models like they were back in the E30 days?
Gearhead
Posted: May 4 2003, 04:20 AM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 211

Yep, the awd 3-series is called the 330xi. They probably aren't selling too hot, though. I just saw my first one a couple of weeks ago.
ViperGTS-R
  Posted: May 4 2003, 08:16 AM

Probably not in your area, though...I'd find reasonable buys in a place that has regular harsh conditions such as snow or rain, like northern Maine or Washington, where the added protection of AWD can help them keep control...
Indecisive
Posted: May 4 2003, 11:50 PM

the deranged one

Member No.: 34

QUOTE (ViperGTS-R @ May 4 2003, 08:13 AM)
Probably not in your area, though...I'd find reasonable buys in a place that has regular harsh conditions such as snow or rain, like northern Maine or Washington, where the added protection of AWD can help them keep control...

but then you gotta worry about how the car was previously maintained too.