Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing (Final Stage) Dave Rodgers - 1 Fire

Important Rules
1 2 3 4
Initial D Latest News
  • Initial D Fifth Stage has ended with 14 episodes. [confirmed]
  • A theatrical version of Initial D is confirmed for release in August 2014. [Official Thread]
  • UPDATES : Animax has confirmed that Final Stage will be available on its subscription-based VOD (Video On Demand) service starting May 16th, 2014. It will continue where Fifth Stage left off. Consist of a total of four episodes, Final Stage will be focusing on the long-awaited final 86 vs 86 battle between Takumi and Shinji. [confirmed]
  • UPDATES : Avex has confirmed that the New Initial D The Movie will be a trilogy. First part of the trilogy is called Legend 1 -Awakening- slated for release in theaters on August 23rd, 2014 (Japan Only) [confirmed]

Please Follow These Rules
  • Please use the spoiler tag when posting content not yet covered by anime. Violator will be issued an actual warning.
  • Please take the time to read the forums description before you start a topic. Starting topic(s) in the wrong section may result in an actual warning.
  • Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
  • Read the Pinned threads before starting a new topic. Posting thread(s) about question(s) already answered in Pinned threads will result in an actual warning.

ยป FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 2,639  ·  Replies: 2 
> Germanize!
Matej88
  Posted: Aug 30 2014, 02:57 AM

Shmuck

Group: Members
Member No.: 44,697

Hi dear Initial D fans,

Personally, I didn't read the manga but watched the anime and loved it biggrin.gif
Because of this, I want to see, well not a continuation of the series but another version (different characters, cars, places, etc.) with the same mentality.
With posting my idea here, I just hope a fanatic might change the idea into reality or at least to have a great conversation over the topic.
I don't know whether this idea was posted before or not, so here it comes:

Initial D in German style smile.gif
We all know several classic & modern German cars that would be awesome to see in an epic downhill/uphill battle.
My only concern is whether they have some sort of touge racing habit like in Japan, so if anyone is an expert in the topic, please share your thoughts.

Seriously, this car resembles to the 86 so much smile.gif

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f0/VW_Scirocco_rear_20080703.jpg

And this alwys picture gives me the great feeling of Initial D ! biggrin.gif

lh4.googleusercontent.com/-vnAhVCThbU4/TY5ZFgJHkQI/AAAAAAAABuc/5DeULPYiq2g/s1600/VW_WALLPAPER_MAY_2011_10.jpg

Of course there are other cars as well, not just VW, but you know it better than I do (I'm just an enthusiastic fan smile.gif )

If you have any comments, ideas or thoughts related to this topic, please share with us wink2.gif

Initial D be with you smile.gif
Taro Maki
Posted: Aug 30 2014, 05:43 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 33,812

I don't think there is a Touge racing scene in Germany, because only a few people know about that.
The only thing the know about is drift, mostly from the Movie "The Fast and the Furios - Tokyo Drift" or maybe from the Drift Challenge on the German Hockenheim raceway
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF9E47gCXqU

And if you want to do "Touge Racing" like the Japanese do, you have life in south of Germany (Bavaria), because there are the only high mountains (the Alps) with Roads that resemble a "Touge"

And no, if there's a german car that resembles the AE86 it's not the VW Scirocco, it's the Opel Kadett C Coupe in the "Rallye" or the "GT/E" Version

Here are some random pics I found on the net:

http://youngtimer-bilder.de/wp-content/upl...elb_schwarz.jpg
http://carsten-rowald.de/C-Coupe%20(1).jpg
http://carsten-rowald.de/C-Coupe%20+%20Dip...der%20Seite.jpg

And here's a video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8QEk62TPMs
Sorry, no drift, just a hillclimb race against the clock.

This post has been edited by Taro Maki on Aug 30 2014, 05:45 AM
Matej88
  Posted: Aug 30 2014, 09:40 AM

Shmuck

Member No.: 44,697

Thanks for your reply and correcting my mistakes.
You're right, that older Opel is more like the 86 smile.gif
As I've previously mentioned, I'm not an expert on the topic, just an enthusiast.
And the "race" in the video was rather a rally-like performance, still I had the "Initial D feeling", just awesome biggrin.gif
Thank you for sharing this special vid, great find wink2.gif
Even though, it was in Switzerland, I'm sure Germany has a few similar courses like the one I saw in this video, with some tight hairpins and great places for clashes.
They have the courses & cars needed for epic downhill/uphill battles, so I just can't wait to see an anime (or cartoon) based on this awesome.gif

If anyone found any mistakes in my post and want to correct them or just interested in this topic, please feel free to share your thoughts with us, thanks smile.gif