Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 7 unique listeners, playing D-Team - Speed Car

Rules and Policies
Please remember that participating in flame wars will be severely punished. General forum rules apply. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

AS Section Announcement : This subforum has been renamed to Community and General Chat from the previous name Tournaments / Teams / Locations due to the recent changes in AS section. This section will serve as a general chat forum for the Initial D Arcade Stage community from now on. By general chat, we mean topics that are not related to the game itself such as the latest tournaments, places to hang out, discussion about a certain gamer.. etc. Make yourself comfortable posting here. One last thing, NO flaming and NO spamming.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 30,501  ·  Replies: 199 
> Version 6 Chat Room (USA), US players discussion on the game
RXFUSION
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 09:32 PM

IDW Jr. Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,570

QUOTE (initiald34 @ 2 hours, 49 minutes ago)
I go to CV golfland occasionally with eric or gary but nobody really plays lol.

only You play! LOL wink2.gif
initiald34
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 10:09 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 26,341

lol cuz there's nothing better to do!
lightk
  Posted: Jul 3 2011, 10:21 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 36,304

Good to see people continue to play the game. Norcal need to have more great players to compete when socal racers come up here in the fall. wink2.gif

I wanted to upload tsubaki tag team video but the file is corrupted. I will upload another one of my when I record again someday.
I look at the happo vid again and know ALY is fast on happo ob but I haven't try there yet. I took 1st on myogi downhill and nagao downhill time ranking 1st try but the time that will give me a lot of trouble down there will be akina. Need to play a lot more to even compete there.

This post has been edited by lightk on Jul 3 2011, 10:39 PM
Agent556
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 10:29 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Member No.: 2,133

welp, looks like im going tomorrow even though i shouldnt, lol
kidosuka
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 11:08 PM

IDW Senior Member

Member No.: 36,359

Seem Light is already making headlines in socal already. If golfland can get it sooner than september, that would be so much better. Lets cross our fingers for it then.

This post has been edited by kidosuka on Jul 3 2011, 11:09 PM
Agent556
Posted: Jul 3 2011, 11:25 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

a little off topic, the anaheim golfland D5 machines have the shifter on the RIGHT side of the driver. is it like that at all of the golflands or is it just anaheim?

edit: nevermind, question was answered, thanks axel!

update: Your turn, light laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Jul 4 2011, 10:21 PM
lightk
  Posted: Jul 5 2011, 08:34 AM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Agent556 @ Jul 3 2011, 11:25 PM)
a little off topic, the anaheim golfland D5 machines have the shifter on the RIGHT side of the driver. is it like that at all of the golflands or is it just anaheim?

edit: nevermind, question was answered, thanks axel!

update: Your turn, light laugh.gif

Sorry bout late reply, busy with fireworks yesterday and now lazy back to work.
Hope you found the answer but yeah, shifter on left at round 1 takes adjusting.

Hmm, wondering what car I be tuning next? Either an FC or an NSX maybe. By the way its interesting to note that at round 1, you don't need to enter the code or password to get the FT86 whereas you would have to on an EXP machine I heard.

As for the game so far, one of the trouble I'm still having is turning at high speed on akina. You would know this Rudy since you able to make that turn at high speed? Understeer is still the problem right now I think for most people playing.
turtl3j
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 08:52 AM

IDW Member

Member No.: 37,455

^ my problem is quite the opposite, i tend to fish-tail a lot lol. ULTRA SUPER LATE BREAKING! sad face because i don't have the image from the anime hahaha
Varcion
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 12:02 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 13,579

Just wondering, is it just me or does the guy named "GKT" gets mad everytime he plays? It just seems like he taking it out on the game everytime he start losing to an "Awakened" AI.

P.S.: Just a reminder, no shame in losing to an "Awakened" AI, 1 mistake and its instant Game Over.(unless ur running around WR times)
thatoldf33ling
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 01:47 PM

Shmuck

Member No.: 37,542

QUOTE (Varcion @ 1 hour, 44 minutes ago)
Just wondering, is it just me or does the guy named "GKT" gets mad everytime he plays? It just seems like he taking it out on the game everytime he start losing to an "Awakened" AI.

P.S.: Just a reminder, no shame in losing to an "Awakened" AI, 1 mistake and its instant Game Over.(unless ur running around WR times)

is this a new player? i haven't been playing for a week now
lightk
  Posted: Jul 5 2011, 02:18 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (thatoldf33ling @ 31 minutes, 5 seconds ago)
is this a new player? i haven't been playing for a week now

GKT? I haven't seen him yet either. I think its better that I don't see those type of players. laugh.gif Awakened matches are certainly interesting though. I think I lost 2 matches somewhere along story mode. One on akagi to Ry and one on tsubaki to Tak but not sure if it was awakened.
Anybody here beat the game without losing a single match?

This post has been edited by lightk on Jul 5 2011, 02:38 PM
sizzle
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 03:07 PM

IDW God Member

Member No.: 35,808

What is awakened that you guys are mentioning about? What is that?
turtl3j
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 03:10 PM

IDW Member

QUOTE (Varcion @ 3 hours, 8 minutes ago)

When Rudy and I saw him the other day, he looked pretty mad in general; even when he has a lead on an opponent, he still looks pretty pissed. I remember when his friend left the challenge on, he accidentally accepted, got super mad, and just left the cab till the game was over. I think it's best to avoid those type of people.
DARKKNIGHT321
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 04:09 PM

IDW Expert Member

Member No.: 36,424

Remind me of this other guy name Long who was always curse and beat the machine up every time he lost or mess up. Man, those were some scary moments.
Agent556
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 04:47 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

I'm more worried about the other guy who stomps the pedals. It isn't so much that he looks pissed, and double accel is a valid drift technique, but i just hope the machine lasts. not gonna name names just because, but you know what i mean.

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Jul 5 2011, 04:54 PM
Varcion
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:03 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (sizzle @ 2 hours, 56 minutes ago)
What is awakened that you guys are mentioning about? What is that?

Ok, after u complete the "Original" and "Another" story modes, a 3rd option, "Legend" comes out. When you play Legend, at random times(theres probably a pattern), ur opponent will appear with a rainbow aura at the starting line(and this happens with a lot of the characters, not just the 1s that already comes with aura, I've got Kenta a couple of times) and theres gonna be 2 Kanjis written on top of the opponent's name. That's when ur racing an Awakened AI. In these races, even small mistakes or taking a turn too slow will mean him being on ur tail or passing u. Make a big mistake, and he'll instantly overtake(if hes within 50-60M) and u'll probably be -100 before u recover to regular speeds. Being in "Legend" mode where the AI is already beefed-up significantly, recovering from -100M is not very likely.

This post has been edited by Varcion on Jul 5 2011, 06:09 PM
sizzle
Posted: Jul 5 2011, 06:31 PM

IDW God Member

Gameplay seem different from V5. Also noticing that everybody in the US is beginning to join the same room now. Awesome!
Agent556
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 12:36 AM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

Noticed a sudden surge in people making new cards, i see a bunch of new names again.

alright, who's who haha...
turtl3j
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 09:20 AM

IDW Member

Sugoi sou desu ne!?

i'm excited that more players are taking interest in id6. i even saw a person using an s14 yesterday, so i'm definitely ecstatic to see the variety of players throughout the next couple of days.
matrixmatt
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 10:53 AM

IDW Jr. Member

Member No.: 5,668

it's looking like the initial d series always gets really popular again every 3rd arcade release lol
Varcion
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 12:55 PM

IDW God Member

QUOTE (matrixmatt @ 2 hours, 1 minutes ago)
it's looking like the initial d series always gets really popular again every 3rd arcade release lol

Takes them 3 times to get it right on each platform. So look forward to Ver.9, when they actually have the car for Sidewinder's downhiller in the game.
Agent556
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 01:15 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

oh yay, another 86. lol
sizzle
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 01:33 PM

IDW God Member

Didn't think about that but this is the 3rd version of the arcade game. Maybe it will be better than the previous 2 afterall.
Agent556
Posted: Jul 6 2011, 01:54 PM

Project Legacy Co-Leader

QUOTE (lightk @ Yesterday, 8:34 AM)
By the way its interesting to note that at round 1, you don't need to enter the code or password to get the FT86 whereas you would have to on an EXP machine I heard.

Forgot to address this, we already entered the code so it 'updated' the version from 1.1 to 1.1+A which has the FT-86 in the menu

still waiting on the +B code to be released so we can get some akina snow action

This post has been edited by Agent556 on Jul 6 2011, 01:55 PM
lightk
  Posted: Jul 6 2011, 02:15 PM

IDW Senior Member

QUOTE (Agent556 @ 20 minutes, 39 seconds ago)
Forgot to address this, we already entered the code so it 'updated' the version from 1.1 to 1.1+A which has the FT-86 in the menu

still waiting on the +B code to be released so we can get some akina snow action

Wow! I didn't think akina snow would be accessable without online but if so, it look like we may have the complete version.
The trueno has been out running other cars in time that I hoping to see other cars climb up eventually.

Also did anybody try to transfer their version 5 card over? I want to try it when golfland get it since it will save me 10 levels, buying the cars, and car parts over. Points is not easy to earn in this version.

This post has been edited by lightk on Jul 6 2011, 02:41 PM

8 Pages  1 2 3 4 5 »