Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 8 unique listeners, playing Speedman - Speed Lover

Important Rules
Do not post any obscene material. (i.e. - nudity, explicit graphic situations ... etc.)
Put a viewer discretion somewhere in your topic title / description when posting topic(s) that others might find offensive. (i.e. - Not Work Safe, PG13 ... etc.)

FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

431 Pages  « 429 430 431  ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 320,659  ·  Replies: 10,754 
> Random Thoughts
Posted: Sep 6 2018, 09:47 PM

Hiretsuna rōjin

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 16,670

QUOTE (Nomake Wan @ Yesterday, 7:24 AM)
If your goal is tourism and watching weeb shit then you don't necessarily need formal classes (though I absolutely positively still recommend them). You can get by by learning the structure of the language thoroughly (verb conjugation, particle words) and then filling in the vocab blanks through...well, watching your weeb shit, and poring over a dictionary.

Reading will require more learning, and should be focused on once you have listening and understanding down so you have a point of comparison. Ignore writing unless you intend to use it (or need to use it, in the case of a graded formal course). For one, computers will do writing for you, and for another, tourism won't really require it and neither will watching weeb shit.

As for specific information about classes, I can't help you there. You need to do that research on your own.

いやぁ、二年前の事ですがありがとうございます。 happy.gif

thank you for the reply. i do want to learn the language properly to my best extent (weeb aside). being able to deal with the raw vids isnt the true goal of this. i havent really traveled outside of the country to a place where the language was foreign to me. i know english and since i live in Quebec french is also a 2nd language. travelling to Japan not knowing the language and getting anxious about not being able to communicate properly is my main reason to take it seriously. yes there'll be tour translators but i want to have more than that to rely on.

i think i'll break into the audio Cds the start the process so i can get the language structure started.

This post has been edited by 207 on Sep 6 2018, 10:03 PM
Nerubian
Posted: Sep 20 2018, 08:45 AM

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

xiao
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 08:28 AM

moon★bunny

Group: XIAO
Member No.: 13,323

10 bucks says it was cause they were updating something & forgot a digit in a random string of code 🤔 ..

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1281 x 620. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
MidnightViper88
Posted: Sep 21 2018, 08:43 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

Member No.: 1,034

I'm a little disappointed they didn't just straight-up make an upscaled console that can still play the original game disks, but with the right games, I'd still find this to be a worthwhile and enjoyable purchase, depending on what they put on it, of course.

I'm buying for shits and giggles.
Nerubian
Posted: 6 hours, 12 minutes ago

Living in the woods when it's raining in the dark.

Member No.: 36,931

But game discs have higher loading times. tongue.gif

Nintendo's trying to gain members for their silly charged Switch Online by selling NES controllers which can be only purchased if you're a member of said service.

431 Pages  « 429 430 431