Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 6 unique listeners, playing Dave Rodgers - Disco Fire

Important Rules
• Please do NOT post any torrents and/or links to pirated copies of games here. Violator will be issued a verbal warning or an actual warning.
• Use the Search function before you start a new topic. Posting a duplicated thread may earn yourself a verbal warning.
• Any kind of discussions related to ROMs, WAREZ and methods of copying copyrighted materials are prohibited in this section of the forums.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

Views: 3,619  ·  Replies: 12 
> Rainbow Six Patriots
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Jun 2 2011, 05:19 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 1,034

Rainbow Six Set to Invade New York With Home-Grown Terrorism

A new interpretation of the classic Rainbow Six, the tough-as-nails tactical shooter that asked gamers to carefully plan out the nuance of a breach like a choreographed dance, is in the works, a source familiar with the unannounced Ubisoft shooter tell Kotaku.

We’ve also heard that the game will in many ways be a departure from the sameness found in Rainbow Six: Vegas and its sequel, and a return to what helped separate the shooter from others of its ilk.

It’s unclear if the in-development game will be shown at E3.

The original Rainbow Six is more tactical and focused on stealth than on weapons. Before each mission, in those early games, players were asked to view a briefing and then build a team, pick their weapons and equipment and finally create waypoints that the secondary members of the team would follow. Once the mission started, players had only control of one team member at a time.

Rainbow Six will be a far more story-driven game than previous iterations of the Tom Clancy branded title. The game is meant to take a step in a different direction, telling a bigger, much more gritty cinematic story than previous versions of the game.

In this still-to-be-titled Rainbow Six, players will be tasked with stopping a homegrown terrorist group operating in America. The group, fed up with the greed of Wall Street and the government that acts to protect them, decides to target New York City.

While the gameplay is based on some classic Rainbow Six mechanics, there is a brand new cover system that takes you out of the first-person perspective and into the third.

A new icon-rich graphics style helps to highlight members of your team during a mission and other pertinent information.

Contacted Thursday, Ubisoft declined to comment.

user posted image
Image size reduced, original size: 1278 x 559. Click here to view the image in its original dimension.

f**k yeah! A new Rainbow Six game! Can't wait until more info gets released on this...

This post has been edited by MidnightViper88 on Dec 10 2011, 06:33 AM
Tessou
Posted: Jun 2 2011, 06:15 PM

More NEGATIVE than a black hole
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATOR
Member No.: 12,263

I wonder how they'll change the controls, if at all. I'm so very used to (and very comfortable with) the control layout of the Vegas games.

So long as Terrorist Hunt is included in some form, I will be happy for a long time. Rainbow Six games usually keep me occupied for at least a year. Except those shitty excuses they released on the original Xbox. tongue.gif
Proud Contributor of IDW Forums and the Music Section Revival Project
AzNMaVbOi
Posted: Jun 3 2011, 02:19 PM

I never asked for this...

Member No.: 15,854

Sounds like they're going to go back to the original Rainbow Six formula. Me likey! I loved the original Rainbow Six as well as Rogue Spear and Raven Shield. While I did like Rainbow Six: Vegas and its sequel, I do have to admit I missed the planning, stealth, and tactical aspects of the first three games. I just hope Ubisoft won't abandon us PC Gamers and make this a console only shooter.
Proud Contributor of Initial D World Forums
Tessou
Posted: Jun 3 2011, 04:19 PM

Group Icon

I hope they at least keep the cover system from Vegas. That was the one thing that frustrated me to no end in the older RS games, where you pretty much had to make yourself vulnerable in order to get a good shot on the enemy. With the cover system Vegas introduced, you were no longer completely screwed if the enemy discovered your presence.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Dec 10 2011, 06:45 AM

Ballistic heartbreak

I'm a month late in discovering this for myself, but whatever...I'm stoked anyway...

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/32493...-controversial/

Ubisoft's officially announced the much leaked Rainbow 6 Patriots for release on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC in 2013.

Developed by Ubisoft Montreal with "support" from Ubisoft Toronto and Ubisoft Red Storm, Patriots revolves around "a dynamic single-player storyline that captures the reality of modern-day terrorism and allows players to experience it from multiple characters' perspectives," says Ubi.

As rumoured, the new game sees Team Rainbow take on a new terrorist threat called the "True Patriots," a highly-trained, well-organized revolutionary group that claim the American government is irrevocably corrupted by greedy politicians and corporate special interests.

Playing as Team Rainbow, players will face critical scenarios that will require them to make tough ethical decisions in order to stop this new breed of terrorists, says Ubisoft.

According to earlier leaks the Patriots campaign will see payers encounter multiple "drastically" different mission endings based on their decisions in the story.

One supposed example includes terrorists breaking into a home and kidnapping a stranger. Players then take on the role of that stranger and are forced to hold a trigger button to prevent a vest loaded with explosives from blowing up.

Later, on a heavily-populated bridge in New York City, the perspective shifts, having you control the Rainbow 6 team to take down the terrorists and take out the hapless, walking bomb.

"Terrorism has evolved, and so has Rainbow 6. In Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots, all the team play, tactics, and realism that fans of the series love have been coupled with an exciting new narrative direction," explained David Sears, creative director at Ubisoft.

"This adds an unprecedented level of humanity that will make Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots an extremely tense and immersive experience."

In addition to single-player Rainbow 6 Patriots will introduce a "huge variety" of new co-op and multi-player experiences, says Ubisoft.

"Players will be rewarded for working as a team and mastering the game's new features that enhance communication and tactical execution between teammates. Success will come from a mix of split-second decision making and working to coordinate attacks against the enemy."

Additional details on Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 Patriots can be found in an exclusive cover story in the Christmas issue of Official Xbox Magazine, available November 30.

YOUTUBE ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCQysh2Ci0c&hd=1 )

Looks like it's going to be Heavy Rain-influence cinematic gameplay and storytelling meets Rainbow Six tactical shooter, which isn't a bad thing at all...From the storyline perspective, it'd be nice to do something else besides "follow them" in an FPS, and besides, there was just something lacking in Vegas anyway...And it definitely looks to be a gritty example of black and grey morality...I really hope the game ends up looking close to that in the final product, because if it does, it'll be so fucking cool!

And I hope they bring back "Terrorist Hunt", though I'm really intrigued on what they could do with co-op and multiplayer too...
Tessou
Posted: Dec 10 2011, 06:48 AM

Group Icon

The reason there's been such a huge break between Vegas 2 and this is because they were hard at work adapting Assassins Creed's game engine to work for this. The devs talked about it in the latest Game Informer.

I'm totally stoked for this. If they can keep the multiplayer as awesome as in the Vegas series, I'll be quite satisfied.
K3vin
Posted: Dec 10 2011, 08:23 PM

IDW Special Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27,178

Yep, I'm stoked to get this as well, I love Tom Clancy games (trying to collect the few I've had). I'm happy its again being made over here in Montreal wink2.gif.

Agreed with terrorist hunt, that thing was fun as hell. I wonder if they are keeping the customization like the Vegas series.
am3pkcet
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 04:17 PM

IDASv3 > IDAS4

Member No.: 2,853

I hated Vegas 2, but Vegas 1 was one of my all time favorite shooters. I can't wait for Patriots!
TB_InuYasha_X
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 04:37 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 30,206

I played both Vegas 1 and 2, but in my opinion.. I miss the old school Rainbow Six Rogue Spear for PC. ;P
Hopefully this game owns. =D
RalliKai
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 08:51 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 3,607

I haven't played an R6 title since Covert Ops. This looks interesting though and I'm rather curious to see how pushing a heavier story will affect the overall dynamics.
Tessou
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 12:48 PM

Group Icon

QUOTE (am3pkcet @ Yesterday, 7:17 PM)
I hated Vegas 2, but Vegas 1 was one of my all time favorite shooters. I can't wait for Patriots!

This. Vegas 2 had a lot of flaws and a terrible story (attack heli out of nowhere?!), but it improved the one big glaring problem from Vegas 1: the XP system. In Vegas 1 you only gained XP if you won a match online. In Vegas 2 you accumulated XP simply by playing the game, which meant players across the board could experience the joy of promotions instead of just the online crowd. To be fair, Vegas 1 was released back when a Live membership wasn't very popular outside of the Halo/Gears crowd.

I hope they implement the unlock system from 2, with the less insane spawning system used in 1. That is, if Terrorist Hunt mode (or something to that degree) is implemented.
MidnightViper88
  Posted: Dec 12 2011, 07:29 PM

Ballistic heartbreak

Yeah, the perpetual ACES system and customization of Vegas 2 was really cool and allowed for a sense of personal individuality for both online and offline play and, well, made it worth playing over and over again for both online and offline play...It'd be really nice if something like that returned...
BOZZ
Posted: Jan 12 2012, 09:11 PM

IDW Posts A Freaking LOT Member

Member No.: 1,414

Did any of you see the trailer that was shown at the Spike Video Game Awards? It was pretty epic!

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011...nbow-six/724824