Initial D World - Discussion Board / Forums

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )Resend Validation Email

DJ Panel ( Server Stats )   Song History   Initial D World Chat Room (Discord)   Broadband Stream
RADIO BROADCAST » streaming at 96kbps with 5 unique listeners, playing (Battle Stage 2) Go 2 - Play Loud

Important Rules
Post everything about Initial D Arcade Stage 5 here. If you want to talk about ver.1 and ver.2, please post them in the ver.1 - 2 section. For anything about ver.3, please post them in the version 3 section. For anything about ver.4, please post them in the version 4 section. Participating in flame wars will be severely punished. NO plagiarism in any case. If you are posting information (i.e. - shift points) that did not originate from this forums, by all means, give the author / source proper credit. Violator will be given a verbal warning on first offence and an actual warning thereafter.

» FORUM MODERATOR : FORUM MODERATOR

30 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 » ( Go to first unread post )

Views: 78,886  ·  Replies: 733 
> IDAS5 Technical Thread, Temporary Tech Discussion Thread
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:10 PM

Request Title - PM Mods

Group: Members
Member No.: 25,618

yep, sometimes u brake more and have a sloower speed but in the end u get a faster top speed than you usually do. its better to brake more for corners that have longer straights and maintain a higher average speed for corners with short straight. just testing out the difference in braking speed.
Rei.G
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:24 PM

IDW Prime Member

Group: Advanced Members
Member No.: 32,210

QUOTE (J]-[UN @ 41 minutes, 56 seconds ago)
Not taking sides but imo the difference in stock and FT is probably 5-6 secs or so.

I seriously cannot see a significant difference in acceleration, if there is, its probably something like a 2-3 % increase (which would amount to an average of 5-6 secs for a 3min 20 sec map).

Tats right. the differences is only about 6s.

@Tsyta: have u actually test it out? FT vs Stock?
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:44 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 5,953

It works out because the more you brake for a turn, the more you can control the car in the corner and the less it slides out.

The less distance the car slides out upon exit, the earlier you can start the 'true' acceleration.

The whole process sorta reminds me of those wind-up cars where you wind up the motor several times then let the toy blast off on a straight with a burst of speed.

Dom --> It probably looks that way because like I mentioned, the difference in acceleration is very very slight, but when you apply it to the whole course the difference ends up being very significant. Hypothetical theory but it does make sense. Its similar to how course cars in D4 had that extra 1km extra top speed for each gear applied to the whole course which amounted to quite a big advantage.

About the S turns, I highly doubt they can be taken at those speeds (140+) with good line, its simply impossible to grab the gutters/apex properly and missing the apex even slightly does quite a big hit to the time. For the 4 hairpins in CP3, I remember I missed grabbing the gutter for the first one and the cp ended up being +0.45x, when I was very certain I did all the other turns very well =(

Whats killing me is the last corner on AKina though, I have no idea whether I'm supposed to brake down to 120 and touch the gutter or just release gas and drive off with the penalty while in 4th gear around 135 exit.

Another logical explanation is...

MAYBE GOT GHOST fear2.gif

This post has been edited by J]-[UN on Mar 25 2009, 08:53 PM
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:52 PM

IDW Prime Member

Member No.: 20,944

but even if there's a difference in acceleration, how can 2 cars acheive the same top speed at the same exact point of the map and one is actually "faster" than the other? you know what i mean?

it should be at least 1-2 kmph difference for that to work.

yes you can do the s turns with good line. done it before, not only by me, also by KC. but that's not the point. i don't think it has got to do with lines at all, because like i said, i followed the same line when i braked to about 90. and it still ended up faster.

this game IMHO destroys the conventional driving theory that you are faster if you have higher speeds (if you're running the same line everytime).

i dunno. i'm getting very frustrated with this game.

This post has been edited by shadow_z3r0 on Mar 25 2009, 08:59 PM
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:55 PM

IDW Supremo Member

If its a 2% accel difference, it is possible for both cars to achieve the same top speed around the same point of the map...the difference would be in the miliseconds @_@

OR MAYBE GOT GHOST
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:57 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

the game goes "ah this guys driving ae86t i will actually end the clock a few seconds before he finish's and hopefully they wont notice" tongue.gif:P
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 08:57 PM

IDW Prime Member

i dunno la.

this game is not "realistic" as they say it is >_<
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:01 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Ya meh =s I actually kinda like this game because I can sorta derive the 'logic' in the physics unlike v4 where I have no idea what is going on ~_~;

The only illogical part about it so far that I've noticed is why the game will stop your brakes once you fall to a certain speed, and wtf causes the accel penalty. I mean, if I wanna brake to a standstill THEN LET ME BRAKE LA!~

I like how they greatly lowered the learning curve on this one, its easy to get the hang off but hard to master.

BDDEE I agree with you, that makes more sense than GOT GHOST fear2.gif

This post has been edited by J]-[UN on Mar 25 2009, 09:02 PM
BDDEE@
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:03 PM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 21,568

i think more people would play, if there was no accel penalty for no reason
i dont see why someone should get an accel penalty for the stuff people have listed, the only one i really would agree with is the wall hit penalty
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:10 PM

IDW Prime Member

ah good old v3 days. >_<

too many theories and speculations on this game. it just gets frustrating and everyone will start arguing because there're so many school of thoughts.

yea the braking thing hilarious also. ahaha. it's pretty dumb. like ABS.

maybe they incorporated that in. fear2.gif
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:36 PM

IDW Supremo Member

I'm not even sure if there IS a wall penalty, like on iro, the last corner and the slight left curve actually has something sticking out which will scrape the car if you touch it, but I haven't really noticed any accel penalty if I hit the 'booby trap', with good lining I can still get 135 (up to 5th gear) in the middle of the final left-right curve right before the goal.

Though I know if you hit the wall to hard your speed gets knocked down by 20km or more, even on 2nd gear.
shadow_z3r0
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 09:55 PM

IDW Prime Member

yea wall penalty wtill exists on maps like akina and happo and nagao.

iro is just weird...
Shie
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 10:25 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 28,302

braking to 6x is definitely too little , i brake till speeds of 4x and 5x. My timing 14'6 when car is half tuned ( not fantastic timing ) I Tried the following round after i broke this timing, brake till speeds of 5x and above and i get timing of 15++ =.=
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:12 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Lol I'm consistently doing mid '13 on iro with a 30% tuned mr2...ur probably doing better because of somewhat better line, braking to 40-50 is overkill.
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:26 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

Hmm .. Jun .. today so free ah?

I think a most plausible reason for the game's physics is that the makers just want to recapture the feel of the manga and anime .. If you guys ever notice, the way the cars move in the game are quite identical to the manga and anime itself ..
Shie
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:28 PM

IDW Full Member

Member No.: 28,302

the 3.06 cappo guy , think his name is daiki , he did brake till speeds of 4x if you watched the video.
J]-[UN
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:29 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Not free but I can spare a couple mins to post.

You left out the ]-[ in my name =(

Not identical oso...this is Initial G (rip).....

Shie --> Yea ur right, he brakes to 40+ for a lot of corners,I'm gonna try it out =)

Thx for the link Lance , I just found it =3

This post has been edited by J]-[UN on Mar 25 2009, 11:42 PM
LancE.Ryousuke
Posted: Mar 25 2009, 11:37 PM

IDW Supremo Member

Member No.: 21,171

I'm surprised. No one posted this video at the id5 Vids section?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmUUZU9lhs

This post has been edited by LancE.Ryousuke on Mar 25 2009, 11:38 PM
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 12:51 AM

IDW Banned Member

Group: Banned
Member No.: 32,272

the cappo accels like fark.

i wonder if they made the weight thing realistic in this game too cos the capp has a slow as shit start up but accels like crazy on akina and iro. (only 2 ive played with the cappo ohmy.gif)
*j*j*
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 12:52 AM

IDW Goldmember

Member No.: 26,358

QUOTE (J]-[UN @ 1 hour, 40 minutes ago)
Lol I'm consistently doing mid '13 on iro with a 30% tuned mr2...ur probably doing better because of somewhat better line, braking to 40-50 is overkill.

@jhun kor kor > u so genggggggg ... can teach me how to play V5???
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:10 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (LancE.Ryousuke @ 1 hour, 33 minutes ago)
I'm surprised. No one posted this video at the id5 Vids section?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGmUUZU9lhs

i dont understand this... i take corners about 20km faster than him with my evo 3, even on clean exit my evo doesnt accelerate that fast, maybe 30% slower than that... either that cappo has 500hp+ or something is weird with initial d.

my evo can corner fast but cant accel... and cappo turns slow and accels like a 800hp drag car... whats going on...
stormfox
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:47 AM

Underdog Nutcase

Member No.: 32,096

QUOTE (Tsyta @ 28 minutes, 10 seconds ago)
i dont understand this... i take corners about 20km faster than him with my evo 3, even on clean exit my evo doesnt accelerate that fast, maybe 30% slower than that... either that cappo has 500hp+ or something is weird with initial d.

my evo can corner fast but cant accel... and cappo turns slow and accels like a 800hp drag car... whats going on...

the trick now is not to corner too fast... even with a clean exit.

i guess they are trying to moderate things out and get people to focus on being consistent rather than heroic...

so pushing too hard or too fast = slow... (<-- Their interpretation of TIRE wear?)
going too slow leaves the person open to counterattack.

go track back the 'driving theory' taught in the anime.. a lot points to these on rewatching some of the episodes recently...

(yea yea.. i fed my ID5 hunger with anime to save $$$)
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:54 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (stormfox @ 6 minutes, 51 seconds ago)
the trick now is not to corner too fast... even with a clean exit.

i guess they are trying to moderate things out and get people to focus on being consistent rather than heroic...

so pushing too hard or too fast = slow... (<-- Their interpretation of TIRE wear?)
going too slow leaves the person open to counterattack.

go track back the 'driving theory' taught in the anime.. a lot points to these on rewatching some of the episodes recently...

(yea yea.. i fed my ID5 hunger with anime to save $$$)

my evo is now like 3-7-0-0-7, and i still cant get past 111km on irohazaka before the 1st turn LOOOOOL.

when i see the mr2 and cap in the vids going like 140km... no wonder i my times dont even compare with IR.

i did 3'13 on happo today and that itself was wtf... i couldnt beat my times in like 3 tries then i ta'd some other tracks came back and beat my time by 5 seconds i was like um? whats wrong with this game.

and im not joking.

the evo 3 just doesnt accelerate, we need some vids so i can show someone what i mean lol sleep.gif.

i beleive i corner well, ive tried cornering slower i didnt notice anything but lol +239042934 second times, oh which reminds me i got my first ever +0'00'0 today after 5 years of initial d lol.
Fuzz
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:55 AM

Request Title - PM Mods

Member No.: 25,618

tsyta, try doing corners at that speed and see if u get a faster time, u should in theory go faster as a slower corner leads to faster accel and giving you a good time.
Tsyta
Posted: Mar 26 2009, 01:59 AM

IDW Banned Member

QUOTE (Fuzz @ 3 minutes, 49 seconds ago)
tsyta, try doing corners at that speed and see if u get a faster time, u should in theory go faster as a slower corner leads to faster accel and giving you a good time.

it just doesnt work like that, because according to that theory my accel is hindered by my cornering, which doesnt explain why my car dies at 4th gear on straights LOL.

i beleive the max speed i reached was like 114km heading towards the goal on irohazaka.

max speed on akina still 153, theres nothing wrong with the pedals cos when i played with my friends cappo it accelerated at 5th sleep.gif.

we need an evo 3 driver to confirm this with me, MFS doesnt help either i got that today didnt do much, the sound is cool and graphic is awesome, but doesnt do much lol

30 Pages  « 3 4 5 6 7 »